FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
My best is 2:03.375 and I use a G29 wheel.

Ford (AU) 2000 Ford Falcon XR8

602PP
629BHP
1350kgs
Weight Distribution 56 : 44

Racing Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
18.10/13.80
4/5
7/6
3/4
0.0/0.0
0.02/-0.08

Racing Brake Kit
8/10

FC Transmission:

Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 200kmh
1st 2.978
2nd 2.331
3rd 1.821
4th 1.442
5th 1.226
6th 1.108
Set final gear to 3.150

LSD: 8/12/10

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Downforce: 500/660

602PP
629BHP
1350kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
18.10/13.80
4/5
7/6
3/4
0.0/0.0
0.02/-0.08

Racing Brake Kit
8/10

FC Transmission:

Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 200kmh
1st 2.978
2nd 2.331
3rd 1.821
4th 1.442
5th 1.226
6th 1.108
Set final gear to 3.150

Do you use MT or AT? The thing I liked about choosing the Falcon for this comp is, it's a car that makes peak power right at the redline on the tacho meaning anyone who uses AT is at no disadvantage. Using the AT in my initial testing, with the gear ratios chosen, the only time I found myself in the 'wrong' gear was just before braking for Skyline. In period, with a good run through McPhilamy Park, these cars were briefly on the rev limiter in 4th gear at this point. I did think of lengthening 4th to avoid the brief up change to 5th but that would've put it out of 'reality' at other points in the lap.

Do you use MT or AT? The thing I liked about choosing the Falcon for this comp is, it's a car that makes peak power right at the redline on the tacho meaning anyone who uses AT is at no disadvantage. Using the AT in my initial testing, with the gear ratios chosen, the only time I found myself in the 'wrong' gear was just before braking for Skyline. In period, with a good run through McPhilamy Park, these cars were briefly on the rev limiter in 4th gear at this point. I did think of lengthening 4th to avoid the brief up change to 5th but that would've put it out of 'reality' at other points in the lap.
AT, sorry I for got to mention that.

Hmmm, Im shifting right before she pops.
Seemed to be that bit quicker heading up the hill.
Especially since the transmission aint as smooth as a babies bum.

Just doing alternative aero setups to my car, If interested you may test these
Additional downforce setups: (added aero amount from original, aero F/R, spring F/R)
+15, 388/555, 17.52/15.84
+20, 393/560, 17.59/15.89
+30, 403/570, 17.73/16.03
+45, 418/585, 17.97/16.25

Will count and test more later..

Last edited:
AT, sorry I for got to mention that.
No need to apologise :) 👍
Hmmm, Im shifting right before she pops.
Seemed to be that bit quicker heading up the hill.
Especially since the transmission aint as smooth as a babies bum.
See this is where PD loses points with me for accuracy. The limiter should kick-in right at 7500 rpm.

In a real V8 Supercar, the ONLY way you will ever see over 7500 rpm is if you down change too soon. Because these engines are so finely tuned, the risk of valves through the tops of pistons with any over-rev means they hardly ever happen. It's an expensive rebuild if it does and sour looks from your mechanics come free.

So, for official testing purposes, I would request that anyone using a manual transmission respect the 7500 rpm redline and shift at that point. :)

Finally broke out of the 2'01s with a 2'00.761 lap after a few adjustments. I think that I'm not getting much more out of tuning, but if I drive better there's a few tenths left out there. This car is very fun and massively underrated in my opinion. Tune is coming "soon".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 19
You can put me down to test on his one. I sat out on the C7 Corvette because Indy road course and I just don't get along. It's really flat and hard to see any distance ahead. Brake point markers are fairly nonexistent as well. Bathurst is just a lot of fun, especially in a well tuned car.

602PP
629BHP
1350kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
18.10/13.80
4/5
7/6
3/4
0.0/0.0
0.02/-0.08

Racing Brake Kit
8/10

FC Transmission:

Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 200kmh
1st 2.978
2nd 2.331
3rd 1.821
4th 1.442
5th 1.226
6th 1.108
Set final gear to 3.150

Very close settings between us. We must have been going after the same feel, hopefully it's right!👍

You can put me down to test on his one. I sat out on the C7 Corvette because Indy road course and I just don't get along. It's really flat and hard to see any distance ahead. Brake point markers are fairly nonexistent as well. Bathurst is just a lot of fun, especially in a well tuned car.
Thankyou for joining in our little competition & have fun :)

I understand ya on Indy it's a memory course not a marker course.
I have ya added to the testers list here.

@Whitetail i added you to the tuners list. Can I twist your arm into testing too?

So, for official testing purposes, I would request that anyone using a manual transmission respect the 7500 rpm redline and shift at that point. :)
Being new to this I don't want to rock the boat but I think using the 7500 rpm redline rather than the 8k one PD gives us, creates a ''Grey Area'' for both tuners and testers. I can see a few problems that might occur, low downforce tunes will exceed the redline in 6th, wheelspin on corner exits (goes above the redline, gains traction and drops below again), having to change into 5th in some really unnecessary spots (also negates the use of 2nd at Griffins), no shift lights below 7.5k and just plain having your hands full trying to control this weapon can cause delays in shifting (T500rs with static paddles in my case). Do you bin the lap or not under these circumstances. If you go a little bit over is that ok, then where is that line,7.6, 7.7? IMO using the 8k limit PD has wrongly given us as the hard cut might be more authentic, and will remove all of these grey areas for both testers and tuners. These are just my thoughts, I'm happy to go with whatever rules are applied.:cheers:

Last edited:
Being new to this I don't want to rock the boat but I think using the 7500 rpm redline rather than the 8k one PD gives us, creates a ''Grey Area'' for both tuners and testers. I can see a few problems that might occur, low downforce tunes will exceed the redline in 6th, wheelspin on corner exits (goes above the redline, gains traction and drops below again), having to change into 5th in some really unneccessary spots, no shift lights below 7.5k and just plain having your hands full trying to control this weapon can cause delays in shifting (T500rs with static paddles in my case). Do you bin the lap or not under these circumstances. If you go a little bit over is that ok, then where is that line,7.6, 7.7? IMO using the 8k limit PD has wrongly given us as the hard cut might be more authentic, and will remove all of these grey areas for both testers and tuners. These are just my thoughts, I'm happy to go with whatever rules are applied.:cheers:
You raise some very valid points here & although I was aware that over-revving was possible in 6th gear, I'm ok with that as it's the best option to simulate bouncing off the limiter all cars were doing in period.
As for elsewhere on the lap, I'll leave it up to the individual rather than get all OCD about it. Sometimes I just can't help myself and my obsession with realism takes over :embarrassed:
All I ask is that you do your best to remain consistent from one to the next :)

I'll leave it up to the individual rather than get all OCD about it. Sometimes I just can't help myself and my obsession with realism takes over :embarrassed:
:lol::lol::lol: It was my OCD about playing by the rules that led to my post. Now that's cleared up I can rest my little brain.:cheers:

I was in the same boat. Although I'm unlikely to enter, I wanted to stick to the rules and regulations.

I noted the difference up the hill.
But until I'm heading back down the hill, I'm not really paying any attention to the tachometer.

As for realism, I've clocked up several hundred miles on the Ford now.
Probably need to check the rear main seal. Lol

So, for official testing purposes, I would reques

Being new to this I don't want to rock the boat but I think using the 7500 rpm redline rather than the 8k one PD gives us, creates a ''Grey Area'' for both tuners and testers. I can see a few problems that might occur, low downforce tunes will exceed the redline in 6th, wheelspin on corner exits (goes above the redline, gains traction and drops below again), having to change into 5th in some really unnecessary spots (also negates the use of 2nd at Griffins), no shift lights below 7.5k and just plain having your hands full trying to control this weapon can cause delays in shifting (T500rs with static paddles in my case). Do you bin the lap or not under these circumstances. If you go a little bit over is that ok, then where is that line,7.6, 7.7? IMO using the 8k limit PD has wrongly given us as the hard cut might be more authentic, and will remove all of these grey areas for both testers and tuners. These are just my thoughts, I'm happy to go with whatever rules are applied.:cheers:

You raise some very valid points here & although I was aware that over-revving was possible in 6th gear, I'm ok with that as it's the best option to simulate bouncing off the limiter all cars were doing in period.
As for elsewhere on the lap, I'll leave it up to the individual rather than get all OCD about it. Sometimes I just can't help myself and my obsession with realism takes over :embarrassed:

:confused:
Is there now regulation to test cars without revving over 7500 on shifting, but allows revving over on downhill?
OCD?
Regulation isn't a problem, just wasn't clear statement. ..going on post number one for checking is there news about it.
One feature more what PD should do, allow to limit RPM's from settings.as well for online they really should do "master sheet" for host where he could do mandatory locked settings for room, i.e. custom gear gear values, available final drives values etc, would make "class"-races much more fun.

:confused:
Is there now regulation to test cars without revving over 7500 on shifting, but allows revving over on downhill?
OCD?
Regulation isn't a problem, just wasn't clear statement. ..going on post number one for checking is there news about it.
One feature more what PD should do, allow to limit RPM's from settings.as well for online they really should do "master sheet" for host where he could do mandatory locked settings for room, i.e. custom gear gear values, available final drives values etc, would make "class"-races much more fun.
It's alright @OdeFinn. It's all been sorted out 👍
This was today while testing one of the tunes that's been posted. Don't think I can take much more out of this corner:nervous:
View attachment 545691
That looks very much like the right hander after exiting The Dipper. As long as you don't leave any paint on the guardrail, it's all good.

Interesting situation, I have 3 different setups and all about the same time. Which compared to others is slow, but I will pick one and post tonight or tomorrow.

The good news for the other tuners is I'm only around a 2:04 flat, can go slightly under but I just cannot come to grips with where you guys are finding that much time. And besides, I just won the last competition and history says I only win one a year for lap time :embarrassed:, so I'm only going for DC I guess :dopey:

Interesting situation, I have 3 different setups and all about the same time. Which compared to others is slow, but I will pick one and post tonight or tomorrow.

The good news for the other tuners is I'm only around a 2:04 flat, can go slightly under but I just cannot come to grips with where you guys are finding that much time. And besides, I just won the last competition and history says I only win one a year for lap time :embarrassed:, so I'm only going for DC I guess :dopey:

There's a lot of time to find from driving better. It's almost like magick how some people are faster than others here on this track. I got a top 400 time for a recent online time trial. Using the data logger, I was pretty much matching the top drivers brake points, driving line and matching his speed over the lap. Just lower mid corner speed basically and that was all it took to be 3 seconds off the pace.

2mins?! Oh come on! This is getting much impossible already even before I start tuning, haish.

I only did 2:06s on my car :P Nothing to worry about, we all drive differently, I don't do alien style of driving :D

Something like these, how I drive ( from my no ABS video thread ) :

Lamborghini Diablo GT'00, Bathurst, Comfort Medium, 2:24.678

Audi R8 LMS Ultra ( Audi Sport Team Phoenix ) '12, Bathurst, Racing Hard, 2:07.xxx

I did a little testing last night with the car and track. In stock form with the spec trans this thing is more pushy than a schoolyard bully. There is so much time that can be lost getting just a tad offline or if you make one corner a little faster than normal it will screw you up for the next corner entry. It will take lots of care and concentration to test on this setup.

Latest Posts

Back