FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
We have had a great honor, a very fast driver agreed to be anonymous guest driver for us. Below are his results. :bowdown: :cheers:
Let the guessing begin
@Otaliema
Lap Time: 2:00.551
DC: 12
Impressions and feedback: Nice traction and acceleration, but loads of understeer everywhere.

@Pete05
Lap Time: 2:00.095
DC: 4
Impressions and feedback: Front spring rate setting is invalid, 16.01 is the lowest possible setting. Under steers a bit into the corners, and then snaps into oversteer when getting back on the throttle. Good rotation in the high speed section, but bad rotation in the slower corners. Trail braking also proved very difficult.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: 2:00.333
DC: 8
Impressions and feedback: Under steers pretty much everywhere, and locks up the front tires under hard braking. Apart from that it’s a well balanced tune, suited for beginners.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 2:02.092
DC: 18
Impressions and feedback: Something is very wrong here. It could be down to driving style differences, but the combination of high camber and a slammed ride height made it pretty much un-drive-able.

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 2:00.058
DC: 5
Impressions and feedback: Overall a good, solid setup. But it under steers in high speed corners, and struggles to get its nose in into Forrest’s elbow.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 2:01.778
DC: 17
Impressions and feedback: Works surprisingly well in the high speed section, but the high camber setting is killing it in the slow corners.

@Antares26
Lap Time: 2:00.053
DC: 7
Impressions and feedback: the only car that managed to go full throttle all the way from the cutting to the braking into the esses without lifting. Poor top speed cost a lot of time at the Conrod straight. Not suited for beginners as it’s not very stable.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time: 2:00.019
DC: 3
Impressions and feedback: A very balanced and nice car to drive, and it shows in the lap time, set on just the 2nd lap. A bit under steered all around, but it’s consistent and progressive so easy to control and adjust.

@shaunm80
Lap Time: 2:00.631
DC: 15
Impressions and feedback: Slow top speed cost a lot of time, and is also under steering in high speed corners. It’s easy to drive though.

@MrGrado
Lap Time: 2:00.391
DC: 13
Impressions and feedback: A bit slow top speed, and also a bit under steered. Good balance though.

@Dashyankuro
Lap Time: 2:00.396
DC: 9
Impressions and feedback: Suffers a lot from the fixed transmission gearing, this setup could gain a lot from a longer 6th gear. VERY fast in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th sector, but looses it all on sector 2 where down force is needed. It also tends to spin the inner wheel a lot and wasting traction.

@xande1959
Lap Time: 2:00.010
DC: 2
Impressions and feedback: Possibly the nicest to drive. A hint of understeer all around spoils it, but the traction and rotation on throttle is magic! Poor top speed cost it some time.

@Ale67
Lap Time: 2:00.474
DC: 11
Impressions and feedback: Has problems with traction, and under steers in the fast corners. But it handles Forrest’s elbow excellent!

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 2:00.861
DC: 16
Impressions and feedback: Under steers everywhere! Good traction and overall balance though.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 2:00.140
DC: 6
Impressions and feedback: Under steers in fast corners, and has a poor top speed, but good traction.

@Whitetail
Lap Time: 1:59.571
DC: 1
Impressions and feedback: By far the best setup. It humiliated everyone else by smashing all other lap times with half a second on the very first lap. Did not do a 2nd lap.

@GNR1987
Lap Time: 2:00.204
DC: 10
Impressions and feedback: Certainly got rid of the understeer, but has serious issues in the esses and the dipper. The loose rear end makes it impossible to get on throttle soon enough. It’s fast for sure, but not suited for race conditions, as a mistake would eventually be inevitable. A SETUP FOR THE BRAVE!

@RipFaceDown
Lap Time: 2:00.295
DC: 14
Impressions and feedback: Unstable on exit, but handles first half of the track brilliantly, up until the dipper where the acceleration instability really shows. It also struggles with Forrest’s elbow.

Closing thoughts: one tune stood out as not only the fastest by a huge margin, but also the most balanced and nice to drive. The reason for this is very clear, this tune got all the basics right:
Only 4 tuners has understood that to drive this car on this track as fast as possible, you need max front down force, and min rear down force. simply because it has so much understeer. other tracks might have benefited from more rear down force for increased traction, but at Bathurst the top speed is more important.

Out of these 4, one added huge ammount of camber making it slow. it might make it feel better or more realistic, but for outright speed its suicide. Another one went way too extreme with the suspension values for more rotation, removing the balance, traction, and stability of the car, making it loose time out of the corners because it simply could not get on the throttle soon enough. The next tuner put on extreme LSD values (60/60/60) wich just does'nt work, the high initial and deaccel. setting induces understeer while off the throttle, and the high accel. setting makes it unstable on the throttle. It works fine at high speeds, but in the slower corners you become a sitting duck, first you dont get the nose to point where you want, then when its time to get back on the throttle it has no stability and just slides around, killing the traction

Big grats sir. Being the only tuner that turned in a car capabile of sub 2 minutes.
You can say thanks I'm sure they will be monitoring the thread.
I prefer to know who I'm thanking, but in this circumstance I must say thanks and I appreciate the good feedback. It's a good confidence booster for my online racing campaigns. So thank you, anonymous driver-person-stig-alien. 👍

Standings with @Whitetail
Bathurst Lap Time
1 @Whitetail 1:59.571 +00.000
2 @xande1959 2:00.010 +00.439
3 @Bowtie-muscle 2:00.019 +00.448
4 @Antares26 2:00.053 +00.482
5 @coryclifford 2:00.058 +00.487
Bathurst DC Score
1 @Whitetail 25.00
2 @xande1959 20.00
3 @Bowtie-muscle 18.00
4 @Pete05 15.00
5 @coryclifford 12.00

Standings without @Whitetail (just to show how close this race is for 2nd)
Bathurst Lap Time
1 @xande1959 2:00.010 +00.000
2 @Bowtie-muscle 2:00.019 +00.009
3 @Antares26 2:00.053 +00.043
4 @coryclifford 2:00.058 +00.048
5 @Pete05 2:00.095 +00.085

I prefer to know who I'm thanking, but in this circumstance I must say thanks and I appreciate the good feedback. It's a good confidence booster for my online racing campaigns. So thank you, anonymous driver-person-stig-alien. 👍
I understand, but that was something they asked for to test. Their name is not put out right off.

Last edited:
Pleasant surprise. Thanks for driving. 👍
Almost got you but...
image.png

We have had a great honor, a very fast driver agreed to be anonymous guest driver for us. Below are his results. :bowdown: :cheers:
Let the guessing begin
@Otaliema
Lap Time: 2:00.551
DC: 12
Impressions and feedback: Nice traction and acceleration, but loads of understeer everywhere.

@Pete05
Lap Time: 2:00.095
DC: 4
Impressions and feedback: Front spring rate setting is invalid, 16.01 is the lowest possible setting. Under steers a bit into the corners, and then snaps into oversteer when getting back on the throttle. Good rotation in the high speed section, but bad rotation in the slower corners. Trail braking also proved very difficult.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: 2:00.333
DC: 8
Impressions and feedback: Under steers pretty much everywhere, and locks up the front tires under hard braking. Apart from that it’s a well balanced tune, suited for beginners.

@OdeFinn
Impressions and feedback: Something is very wrong here. It could be down to driving style differences, but the combination of high camber and a slammed ride height made it pretty much un-drive-able.

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 2:00.058
DC: 5
Impressions and feedback: Overall a good, solid setup. But it under steers in high speed corners, and struggles to get its nose in into Forrest’s elbow.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 2:01.778
DC: 17
Impressions and feedback: Works surprisingly well in the high speed section, but the high camber setting is killing it in the slow corners.

@Antares26
Lap Time: 2:00.053
DC: 7
Impressions and feedback: the only car that managed to go full throttle all the way from the cutting to the braking into the esses without lifting. Poor top speed cost a lot of time at the Conrod straight. Not suited for beginners as it’s not very stable.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time: 2:00.019
DC: 3
Impressions and feedback: A very balanced and nice car to drive, and it shows in the lap time, set on just the 2nd lap. A bit under steered all around, but it’s consistent and progressive so easy to control and adjust.

@shaunm80
Impressions and feedback: Slow top speed cost a lot of time, and is also under steering in high speed corners. It’s easy to drive though.

@MrGrado
Lap Time: 2:00.391
DC: 13
Impressions and feedback: A bit slow top speed, and also a bit under steered. Good balance though.

@Dashyankuro
Lap Time: 2:00.396
DC: 9
Impressions and feedback: Suffers a lot from the fixed transmission gearing, this setup could gain a lot from a longer 6th gear. VERY fast in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th sector, but looses it all on sector 2 where down force is needed. It also tends to spin the inner wheel a lot and wasting traction.

@xande1959
Impressions and feedback: Possibly the nicest to drive. A hint of understeer all around spoils it, but the traction and rotation on throttle is magic! Poor top speed cost it some time.

@Ale67
Lap Time: 2:00.474
DC: 11
Impressions and feedback: Has problems with traction, and under steers in the fast corners. But it handles Forrest’s elbow excellent!

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 2:00.861
DC: 16
Impressions and feedback: Under steers everywhere! Good traction and overall balance though.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 2:00.140
DC: 6
Impressions and feedback: Under steers in fast corners, and has a poor top speed, but good traction.

@Whitetail
Lap Time: 1:59.571
Impressions and feedback: By far the best setup. It humiliated everyone else by smashing all other lap times with half a second on the very first lap. Did not do a 2nd lap.

@GNR1987
Lap Time: 2:00.204
DC: 10
Impressions and feedback: Certainly got rid of the understeer, but has serious issues in the esses and the dipper. The loose rear end makes it impossible to get on throttle soon enough. It’s fast for sure, but not suited for race conditions, as a mistake would eventually be inevitable. A SETUP FOR THE BRAVE!

@RipFaceDown
Lap Time: 2:00.295
DC: 14
Impressions and feedback: Unstable on exit, but handles first half of the track brilliantly, up until the dipper where the acceleration instability really shows. It also struggles with Forrest’s elbow.

Closing thoughts: one tune stood out as not only the fastest by a huge margin, but also the most balanced and nice to drive. The reason for this is very clear, this tune got all the basics right:
Only 4 tuners has understood that to drive this car on this track as fast as possible, you need max front down force, and min rear down force. simply because it has so much understeer. other tracks might have benefited from more rear down force for increased traction, but at Bathurst the top speed is more important.

Out of these 4, one added huge ammount of camber making it slow. it might make it feel better or more realistic, but for outright speed its suicide. Another one went way too extreme with the suspension values for more rotation, removing the balance, traction, and stability of the car, making it loose time out of the corners because it simply could not get on the throttle soon enough. The next tuner put on extreme LSD values (60/60/60) wich just does'nt work, the high initial and deaccel. setting induces understeer while off the throttle, and the high accel. setting makes it unstable on the throttle. It works fine at high speeds, but in the slower corners you become a sitting duck, first you dont get the nose to point where you want, then when its time to get back on the throttle it has no stability and just slides around, killing the traction

Thanks for testing, at least I'm not last :P and what a consistent driver, wildly varied tune and not much time difference between tuners.

@Otaliema : What a surprise, anonymous tester :) Not sure how I should wrote to the testers, and get response, but I just want to say those lap times are only possible by few people, aliens :P I have guesses of who the person is :sly: and glad I got the focus on closing thoughts, the setup was intentional to stay close to the original GT5 replica I made, even at the cost of slower lap time and harder to drive ( spool is not easy, but that's what V8SC did ). I respect your opinion on the comment of getting the basics right, but IMO it's the preferred path of tuning that some tuners do or do not do.
I once contemplated to do extreme whatever it takes path to get it fast and rotate, any of these : use high front, low rear ( not really needed ), low front spring, high rear spring ( unlikely for me ), max front aero, min rear aero, zero camber front, some rear camber if needed, zero rear toe, some toe out if needed, damper min max trick if needed, very low LSD, but I don't do all that :D

You keep saying they, there are more than one aliens testing ?:odd:

Oh, and lastly, the fastest tuner has the damper set for balance against the ARB, aero and toe. The damper can still be set for more rotation, but it will make it overkill IMO.

Last edited:
Let the guessing begin
@shaunm80
Thank you mystery tester. Your lap time was very good indeed. It doesn't look like I have been knighted though this time around. :)

Let the guessing begin

@OdeFinn
Impressions and feedback: Something is very wrong here. It could be down to driving style differences, but the combination
Thanks, I must start buying green clothes, till this day I was always second to two and half behind alien drivers with my own tunes both when driving 1:30 laps, but if my race pace is four tenth behind and my fast laps are faster then I must have raised to top 100 class. ..going to do one top 100 time on current seasonal right away. :lol:

To our mystery tester,

Thank you for putting in the time to test this large field of cars and for the lap you got out of mine. I struggled to get under a 2:04 and you were only a mere 4 seconds faster, outstanding indeed 👍. I do hope that your identity gets revealed, as you deserve respect and appreciation for driving ability and knowledge of this tough track. I'm in awe that you were able to get that kind of performance from my tune. :crazy:

@Whitetail
Congrats on a super fast time, it's only one tester and far from over, but......"WOW".

Now I'm confused, should I set lap in 100 rank.. 15min tune should push there, but nope. I'm still backrow driver, sniff, can't use alien tag on signature.. :ill: <- look, it's green, now I know what green I'm.
IMG_20160524_150327.jpg

Hmm wondering what might happen if I remove camber and use ABS :confused:

Last edited:
AWESOME REVIEW!
Pointed out right on the bull's eye, the transmission killing me. Feels locked down a lot. And can't do anything about it.
Going be fix my over-traction with TC1, and gain more grip with downforce. As both are currently minimum.

A million thanks for driving it all, STIG.

+++

@Whitetail
Lap Time: 1:59.571 <--Breaking 2mins Mark!

Now I'm confused, should I set lap in 100 rank.. 15min tune should push there, but nope. I'm still backrow driver, sniff, can't use alien tag on signature.. :ill: <- look, it's green, now I know what green I'm.
View attachment 549378

Hmm wondering what might happen if I remove camber and use ABS :confused:

GSX-R huh, the same old, why would PD just limit the car weight so other road cars can be used ... :mad:

Cause that would just shift it to the 111R, than the NSX Prototype road car, than the RX-7 efine

Eh, maybe 1250kg min weight limit would keep those at bay ? Most of the OP cars have potential due to the low weight at certain PP, 500PP with 1250kg min would be forcing more HP and the weight advantage for the OP cars would lessen :) To make things interesting, limit only 2 types of drivetrain, like MR and AWD only or FF and RR only or any 2 combo.

Once you get used to the snappiness and shorter breaking distance you will move up a nice bit in the rankings.

@Bowtie-muscle you and @xande1959 are the the two best cars to catch @Whitetail.
1:00.07? With ABS and ~740 on list.

Maybe will just push it under minute and be happy :sly:
Can't actually expect lot from Stock springs, stock fc-gearbox :)

Ps. First time in GT6 history me going on tt with "competitive" car, and also first time with ABS. Normally I just pick some ugly piece of.. And grab gold and go.

Last edited:
1:00.07? With ABS and ~740 on list.

Maybe will just push it under minute and be happy :sly:
Can't actually expect lot from Stock springs, stock fc-gearbox :)

Ps. First time in GT6 history me going on tt with "competitive" car, and also first time with ABS. Normally I just pick some ugly piece of.. And grab gold and go.
Faster than me currently. 👍 Congrats
Little too tired to put what I need to in to driving that TT fast.

@xande1959

I congratulate friend. great performance.
beating that I took with his time 2: 00,010 against 2: 02,985. very happy with this achievement with my car, even not using cambage or angle of convergence, did it because the car in front braked skirt.:bowdown::cheers:

I congratulate friend. great performance.
beating that I took with his time 2: 00,010 against 2: 02,985. very happy with this achievement with my car, even not using cambage or angle of convergence, did it because the car in front braked skirt.:bowdown::cheers:
Our anonymous guest driver is something else ani't he?
I can't wait to get in the cars and drive them. I just need a good nights sleep first. Bathurst is a challenging track when awake let alone tired.

Back