FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 02:05.247 DC: 12
Impressions and feedback: This car felt "real" and the experience was completely different from the rest of the tunes in a most enjoyable way...đź‘Ť :)
Thank you very much, you have found my style/approach to setup car, it may not go quick and nimble as Mario kart arcade tune, but it gives feel what I'm searching from simulator.
Real style tune requires real style driving, it takes more from driver, also gives more back. :)
Not for the time, but for the feel.

18 tunes times 10 laps each = 19 laps more than they do in the Bathurst 1000.
WOW...I never thought about that. :cool:

I hope you're more familiar with the track by now :D
I am and I really love this course!

I'm glad my tune was one of your faves too :cheers:
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Real style tune requires real style driving, it takes more from driver, also gives more back. :)
I agree...I studied your video and tried so hard to unlock a lap much closer to your time but came up short. When I was done testing, it felt like I was in a real car!

@Bass Addict thanks for the review and the work you put in. Great job indeed. Glad you found my tune easy to get used too but sorry it turned out to be a monster in disguise. :)
I was cruising along with 4 laps to go and I thought this was going to be one of the special tunes but when I asked for more, the car's personality changed and I was holding on for dear life! I need to get better with my inputs and just slow everything down and be less frantic when I have a good lap time going.

WOW...I never thought about that. :cool:

I am and I really love this course!

đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I agree...I studied your video and tried so hard to unlock a lap much closer to your time but came up short. When I was done testing, it felt like I was in a real car!

I was cruising along with 4 laps to go and I thought this was going to be one of the special tunes but when I asked for more, the car's personality changed and I was holding on for dear life! I need to get better with my inputs and just slow everything down and be less frantic when I have a good lap time going.
Just reading what you say about your inputs & feeling frantic, it's funny how the fast laps really do feel like a Sunday cruise, feel slow but all come together on the stopwatch.
Sometimes you have to slow down to actually go faster. Weird huh.

Sometimes you have to slow down to actually go faster. Weird huh.

When I used to race 1/24 scale slot cars, the owner of the track (also the owner of one of the biggest manufacturers of cars and parts) would say "Slower is faster" all the time. In that sense it's because if you go too fast you fall out of the slot. This applies to GT as well because.if you go into a corner too fast you will lose more time than if you go in too slow.

Tested with DS3, Sensitivity 2, ABS1. Cars were tested in order with 5 laps each, then given another 3 laps in the same order.

@Otaliema
Lap Time: 2:03.982
DC: 8
Impressions and feedback:
A little loose in the rear, and the low front aero lead to understeer in the high speed turns.

@Pete05
Lap Time: 2:04.795
DC: 15
This car almost works with the locked rear diff, but in the end I found it too unstable and lost a lot of time exiting turns.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: 2:04.191
DC: 9
Very stable, but was not a fan of slowing down.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 2:05.630
DC: 18
Lots of understeer and lots of wheel spin, I was having to brake early and accelerate late on most turns. It struggled heavily on the downhill slalom as well.

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 2:03.440
DC: 2
Awesome tune, very easy to drive, with a bit of understeer. A little wheel spin in some turns as well, but most of the cars had that problem, and it was always easily controlled.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 2:06.074
DC: 16
Very little wheel spin outside of the elbow and a couple of other low speed turns, but this is at the cost of having incredible amounts of understeer, especially in the downhill slalom.

@Antares26
Lap Time: 2:03.109
DC: 1
rwby_zpse9bfa145.gif

Incredible tune. Very easy to drive, and easy to drive fast. The brake bias can make it a bit squirrely when trail braking, but nothing crazy and I found that it helped rotate the car on the downhill section.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time: 2:03.889
DC: 4
A touch of understeer, and a little spin up in the usual locations, but otherwise VERY fast.

@shaunm80
Lap Time: 2:04.299
DC: 11
A fair amount of understeer and less rear traction than I would like, but neither was extremely bad.

@MrGrado
Lap Time: 2:04.724
DC: 14
Stable, but it had some heavy understeer that held it back.

@Dashyankuro
Lap Time: 2:03.734
DC: 12
The low downforce made it very fast on the straights, but also made it very hard to drive.

@xande1959
Lap Time: 2:03.899
DC: 5
Safe and fast. Some understeer, but nothing crazy.

@Ale67
Lap Time: 2:04.156
DC: 7
Stable, but it struggled with hard braking and some understeer which cost it a lot of time.

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 2:03.937
DC: 6
Limited rear slip, but a lot of understeer.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 2:04.153
DC: 10
Was not a fan of heavy braking, and it could have used a little more rear traction, but was otherwise balanced and fast.

@Whitetail
Lap Time: 2:03.380
DC: 3
Very easy to drive. I felt like it had a little more wheel spin than some of the other tunes, but damn if I can argue with the results. Excellent job.

@GNR1987
Lap Time: 2:03.908
DC: 13
A similar setup to @Antares26. Unfortunately, I think the lower ride height and rear aero made it harder to carry speed through some of the turns, and made the rear much more unpredictable. Its fast, but very hard to drive.

@RipFaceDown
Lap Time: 2:04.482
DC: 17
This car really needed more rear grip to make the locked diff viable. As it is, I found it really difficult to get comfortable with, due to the rear end constantly trying to slide out.

Last edited:
Tested with DS3, Sensitivity 2, ABS1. Cars were tested in order with 5 laps each, then given another 3 laps in the same order.

@Otaliema
A little loose in the rear, and the low front aero lead to understeer in the high speed turns.

@Pete05
This car almost works with the locked rear diff, but in the end I found it too unstable and lost a lot of time exiting turns.

@fordlaser777

@OdeFinn
Lots of understeer and lots of wheel spin, I was having to brake early and accelerate late on most turns. It struggled heavily on the downhill slalom as well.

@coryclifford
Awesome tune, very easy to drive, with a bit of understeer. A little wheel spin in some turns as well, but most of the cars had that problem, and it was always easily controlled.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Very little wheel spin outside of the elbow and a couple of other low speed turns, but this is at the cost of having incredible amounts of understeer, especially in the downhill slalom.

@Antares26
rwby_zpse9bfa145.gif

Incredible tune. Very easy to drive, and easy to drive fast. The brake bias can make it a bit squirrely when trail braking, but nothing crazy and I found that it helped rotate the car on the downhill section.

@Bowtie-muscle
A touch of understeer, and a little spin up in the usual locations, but otherwise VERY fast.

@shaunm80
A fair amount of understeer and less rear traction than I would like, but neither was extremely bad.

@MrGrado

@Dashyankuro
The low downforce made it very fast on the straights, but also made it very hard to drive.

@xande1959

@Ale67
Stable, but it struggled with hard braking and some understeer which cost it a lot of time.

@sinof1337

@Lionheart2113
Was not a fan of heavy braking, and it could have used a little more rear traction, but was otherwise balanced and fast.

@Whitetail
Very easy to drive. I felt like it had a little more wheel spin than some of the other tunes, but damn if I can argue with the results. Excellent job.

@GNR1987
A similar setup to @Antares26. Unfortunately, I think the lower ride height and rear aero made it harder to carry speed through some of the turns, and made the rear much more unpredictable. Its fast, but very hard to drive.

@RipFaceDown
Lap Time: 4:04.482
This car really needed more rear grip to make the locked diff viable. As it is, I found it really difficult to get comfortable with, due to the rear end constantly trying to slide out.
Thanks for stepping up & testing. My tune with the spool diff definitely needs smooth application of the throttle for good traction or it starts to wag its tail like a happy dog.
Also, I'm going to presume you mean 2:04:482 for @RipFaceDown ?

@Ridox2JZGTE

Thank you for testing, surprised with the very little wheelspin :), and the understeer, it needs some extra care on downhill, picking the line early, lift or dab the brakes to get it to turn in. Happy I'm not last :cheers: :D

@shaunm80
Thanks for the review. Very consistent times once again. The testers have all done well so far with this track and getting the most of the tunes presented. Great job!

@Otaliema

@Pete05

@fordlaser777

@OdeFinn

@coryclifford

@Ridox2JZGTE

@Antares26
rwby_zpse9bfa145.gif

@Bowtie-muscle

@shaunm80

@MrGrado

@Dashyankuro

@xande1959

@Ale67

@sinof1337

@Lionheart2113

@Whitetail

@GNR1987

@RipFaceDown
Lap Time: 2:04.482
Another great review, I will take that. Glad it was fast for you. :D

Great time with the car with a loose rear end. I'll get your times loaded in a few hours I have some testing to catch up on. I have to rerun a few cars due to line and technique improvements. :crazy:

Edit; My signifgant improvments in lap time was SRF induced. :irked:
My son and his friend were playing and I forgot to turn it off. Two of the three cars retested got better times tho đź‘Ť one lost 5 seconds but thats difference at Bathrust with a floaty car and SRF on.

Last edited:
Great time with the car with a loose rear end. I'll get your times loaded in a few hours I have some testing to catch up on. I have to rerun a few cars due to line and technique improvements. :crazy:

Edit; My signifgant improvments in lap time was SRF induced. :irked:
My son and his friend were playing and I forgot to turn it off. Two of the three cars retested got better times tho đź‘Ť one lost 5 seconds but thats difference at Bathrust with a floaty car and SRF on.
I had a similar moment in the British Invasion challenge with the TVR Tuscan, had been having a hard time with it and then suddenly it all came together and the car was handling like an absolute dream, blue laps every lap and putting the Esprit to shame.... then the penny dropped and I remembered I'd turned SRF on for grinding cash in the Red Bulls and forgotten to turn it off, a quick settings adjustment later and the Tuscan was back to its stubborn, suicidal best :lol:

I'm trying to do mine in quick way, not much laps per car and it might be in time.
Here is too hoping.
I get to redo and paint my bedroom this weekend, finish repairing, paint and assemble a new bed and than have to do a major grocery trip on Monday morning. So I'm booked

So, after covering over 1000km up and down the mountain, I've finally completed testing.
My reviews aren't as comprehensive as I would have liked but, I've been fighting a persistent flu virus and a severe lack of PS3 time.

@Otaliema
Lap Time: 2:02:239
Feedback: It's got more wheelspin than I'd like & high speed understeer but has good speed on the straights.

@Pete05
Lap Time: 2:02:099
Feedback: I was torn about my diff settings - to spool or not to spool. Having chosen the former, this was as good as I could make it.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: 2:02:316
Feedback: Good initial turn-in in slower corners and it felt like it had a lot of roll in the rear. Spun up the wheels in 2nd/3rd gears but that's not unusual in this company. Suffered from high speed understeer that required a big lift or it's terminal.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 2:04:826
Feedback: We've obviously got very different driving styles as this one felt like it was on a harder compound tyre. If you get it slowed down enough, it feels ok but that costs time on the stopwatch. Hated the kerbs.

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 2:02:234
Feedback: Exibits traces of understeer but overall a great tune until you start asking for more than it wants to give.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 2:04:912
Feedback: Overall a good tune knowing how committed to replica tunes you are. It just didn't translate to a good number on the stopwatch.

@Antares26
Lap Time: 2:02:143
Feedback: Great ability to get to the apex and then put its power down on the track translates to quick lap times.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time: 2:02:739
Feedback: Easy to put the front of the car where you want it but don't touch the kerbs. High speed understeer could be cured with a lift off the throttle. Had lower gear wheelspin but good brakes.

@shaunm80
Lap Time: 2:02:929
Feedback: This one plays nice but will bite your head clean off if you provoke it. Traction can be a problem as is understeer in the high speed stuff.

@MrGrado
Lap Time: 2:02:773
Feedback: I felt this tune suffered from more understeer than average making it hard to trust & commit to a chosen line.

@Dashyankuro
Lap Time: 2:02:914
Feedback: It's a solid tune if you show it respect. Fast in a straightline, not so much in the corners. Loves to wheelspin.

@xande1959
Lap Time: 2:02:898
Feedback: It's very edgy on the limit but you could race at this pace all day. Trustworthy if you respect its limits.

@Ale67
Lap Time: 2:02:248
Feedback: I found it easier than I'd like to lock the brakes but the car has good turn-in and is kerb friendly. Wheelspin & snap oversteer if you didn't show patience, good speed on the straights & a lift will cure any understeer.

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 2:03:116
Feedback: Understeer everywhere so you have to back it off in order to go quick without going off track or ending up in the wall.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 2:02:533
Feedback: I liked the brakes and the way it committed to turn-in but it didn't like the kerbs. Possesses great traction but can suffer from high speed understeer.

@Whitetail
Lap Time: 2:01:869
Feedback: In a class of its own in this company. Respect :bowdown:

@GNR1987
Lap Time: 2:02:867
Feedback: In a word - unpredictable. It's fast but very hard to stitch together a whole lap.

@RipFaceDown
Lap Time: 2:03:508
Feedback: Another tune that's hard to find the limits. Wags it's tail like a happy dog but not the worst of the 'spool tunes'.

So, after covering over 1000km up and down the mountain, I've finally completed testing.
My reviews aren't as comprehensive as I would have liked but, I've been fighting a persistent flu virus and a severe lack of PS3 time.

@Otaliema
Feedback: It's got more wheelspin than I'd like & high speed understeer but has good speed on the straights.

@Pete05
Feedback: I was torn about my diff settings - to spool or not to spool. Having chosen the former, this was as good as I could make it.

@fordlaser777
Feedback: Good initial turn-in in slower corners and it felt like it had a lot of roll in the rear. Spun up the wheels in 2nd/3rd gears but that's not unusual in this company. Suffered from high speed understeer that required a big lift or it's terminal.

@OdeFinn
Feedback: We've obviously got very different driving styles as this one felt like it was on a harder compound tyre. If you get it slowed down enough, it feels ok but that costs time on the stopwatch. Hated the kerbs.

@coryclifford
Feedback: Exibits traces of understeer but overall a great tune until you start asking for more than it wants to give.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Feedback: Overall a good tune knowing how committed to replica tunes you are. It just didn't translate to a good number on the stopwatch.

@Antares26
Feedback: Great ability to get to the apex and then put its power down on the track translates to quick lap times.

@Bowtie-muscle
Feedback: Easy to put the front of the car where you want it but don't touch the kerbs. High speed understeer could be cured with a lift off the throttle. Had lower gear wheelspin but good brakes.

@shaunm80
Feedback: This one plays nice but will bite your head clean off if you provoke it. Traction can be a problem as is understeer in the high speed stuff.

@MrGrado
Feedback: I felt this tune suffered from more understeer than average making it hard to trust & commit to a chosen line.

@Dashyankuro
Feedback: It's a solid tune if you show it respect. Fast in a straightline, not so much in the corners. Loves to wheelspin.

@xande1959
Feedback: It's very edgy on the limit but you could race at this pace all day. Trustworthy if you respect its limits.

@Ale67
Feedback: I found it easier than I'd like to lock the brakes but the car has good turn-in and is kerb friendly. Wheelspin & snap oversteer if you didn't show patience, good speed on the straights & a lift will cure any understeer.

@sinof1337
Feedback: Understeer everywhere so you have to back it off in order to go quick without going off track or ending up in the wall.

@Lionheart2113
Feedback: I liked the brakes and the way it committed to turn-in but it didn't like the kerbs. Possesses great traction but can suffer from high speed understeer.

@Whitetail

@GNR1987
Feedback: In a word - unpredictable. It's fast but very hard to stitch together a whole lap.

@RipFaceDown
Feedback: Another tune that's hard to find the limits. Wags it's tail like a happy dog but not the worst of the 'spool t
Thanks Pete đź‘Ť
Those are some pretty quick times you put down, great job.

@Otaliema

@Pete05

@fordlaser777

@OdeFinn

@coryclifford

@Ridox2JZGTE

@Antares26

@Bowtie-muscle

@shaunm80

@MrGrado

@Dashyankuro

@xande1959

@Ale67

@sinof1337

@Lionheart2113

@Whitetail

@GNR1987

@RipFaceDown
Feedback: Another tune that's hard to find the limits. Wags it's tail like a happy dog but not the worst of the 'spool tunes'.
Thanks for the review. Great times you set too. Not that I would expect anything less! Consistent times and well done on getting through testing this many cars.

Back