FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
I did a little testing last night with the car and track. In stock form with the spec trans this thing is more pushy than a schoolyard bully. There is so much time that can be lost getting just a tad offline or if you make one corner a little faster than normal it will screw you up for the next corner entry. It will take lots of care and concentration to test on this setup.

That sums about right of my setup now, not sure if this will fare well on testers :eek:

Alien Style use;
2 hands on steering wheel,
1 finger on gear+
1 finger on gear-
1 feet on accelerator
1 feet on brake
1 tantacle handbrake
1 tantacle on headlamp
Each eye on speedometer, boost, RPM, apex, rear mirror
alien-many-eyes-21344216.jpg

That looks very much like the right hander after exiting The Dipper.
Correct:tup:
That is good driving @FPV MIC :cheers:
Thanks, It was on my fastest lap with your tune:)

Also to the tuners; I've done thousands of kms round here in this car, I'm certainly no alien, but I've gone quicker with all three posted tunes than the times I can see (video or stated) by the people that tuned them. So please do not be discouraged by times, you can guarantee I will give each and every tune my very best.:)

...but I've gone quicker with all three posted tunes than the times I can see (video or stated) by the people that tuned them.

That is an Alien in my book...:)

I, on the other hand, have gone slower with all three posted tunes...:boggled: I love driving here but I think I am just a wee bit conservative and unable to hold together a complete lap. :irked: I am pretty close to one tuner's time though...:sly:

We are getting close to "maxing" out my standard google sheet.
Twist the arms of your friends we need 4 more tuners and 4 more testers to "max" it out.

Note I can always expand the sheet, so maxing it out just means I would have to add space, which would be a high quality problem

Falcon XR8

Oil Change
Racing Hard tires

602pp
629hp
1350kg
54:46 weight distribution

Suspension (F/R)
RH: 80 / 80
SR: 17.50 / 15.25
Comp: 5 / 4
Ext: 4 / 5
ARB: 3 / 5
Camber: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe: +0.02 / -0.04

Brakes
4 / 7

LSD
8 / 14 / 5

Aero
410 / 625

DS3 stick steer, triggers gas/brake, L1/R1 shift (manual trans)
My best - 2:03.871

I had a setup using camber that felt great but was not as consistent. This may not be the fastest but should be easy to drive I think.

My tuner:

Ford Falcon XR8

602 PP
638 cv
1350 kg
Weight Distribution 56 : 44
Racing Hard Tyres
Oil Change

Suspension

Front/Rear
68/85
17/15
6/8
8/5
5/6
1.4/0.8
0.04/-0.12

Brake Racing
7/10

LSD
8/12/10

Downforce
410/530

I use DS3 auto.
My best time is 2:03.602.

Falcon XR8

Oil Change
Racing Hard tires

602pp
629hp
1350kg
54:46 weight distribution

Suspension (F/R)
RH: 80 / 80
SR: 17.50 / 15.25
Comp: 5 / 4
Ext: 4 / 5
ARB: 3 / 5
Toe: +0.02 / -0.04

Brakes
4 / 7

LSD
8 / 14 / 5

Aero
410 / 625

DS3 stick steer, triggers gas/brake, L1/R1 shift (manual trans)
My best - 2:03.871

I had a setup using camber that felt great but was not as consistent. This may not be the fastest but should be easy to drive I think.

Both tunes look good gentlemen.
I'll get them linked up in a bit

Could I have some rules clarification please. In this picture the mirror clearly hit the wall (more brush than hit), and I did feel it but barely. The car did not deviate at all. I really don't think there was any advantage gain and I don't want to unnecessarily throw away the best time I did for someone. I've still got the next fastest lap saved so no harm done for me, just a bit for the tuner if it's disallowed. Mirrors are disposable after all, aren't they?
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg

Could I have some rules clarification please. In this picture the mirror clearly hit the wall (more brush than hit), and I did feel it but barely. The car did not deviate at all. I really don't think there was any advantage gain and I don't want to unnecessarily throw away the best time I did for someone. I've still got the next fastest lap saved so no harm done for me, just a bit for the tuner if it's disallowed. Mirrors are disposable after all, aren't they?View attachment 546075
In any FITT competition I've participated in or followed, the rule has always been "if the timer turns red, the time is disallowed."
In this case, if the timer didn't change red, count that time as your best for that tune. If you saved the replay, watch it back at that point closely. I would be surprised if that ever so slight brush of the wall didn't cost you a few km/h or mph.
And yes, mirrors are a disposable item :)

The only other rule on lap times that don't think we have to worry about here at Bathurst is "allowed" cuts, like at Deep Forest you can cut turn 3, and 5 with out triggering a red lap, the ES has final call on allowed cuts.
Keep two wheels between the curbs is my stance in FITT comps.

Here is my tune for the testers to hopefully enjoy.

FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge

mount-panorama-motor-racing-circuit_2-jpg.546140

Car used - Ford AU 2000 Ford Falcon XR8

602PP
629BHP
1350kgs
Weight Distribution 56:44

Racing Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
70/75
26.20/21.00
7/5
5/8
3/4
0.0/0.5
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
--Tuned for Mount Panorama as per competition regulations--
Reset to default
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph/200km/h
1st 2.978
2nd 2.331
3rd 1.821
4th 1.442
5th 1.226
6th 1.108
Set final gear to 3.150

FC LSD
14/16/8

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Downforce
F/R
500/675

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Tuned as per FITT regulations. I had a few setups for this car which had differing characteristics. I plumped for this one in the end as it offered the most choice in what lines testers could take whilst retaining the grip available. I hope that you enjoy this tune and I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

mount-panorama-motor-racing-circuit_1-jpg.546139

Link to original post here.

Here is my tune for the testers to hopefully enjoy.

FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge

mount-panorama-motor-racing-circuit_2-jpg.546140

Car used - Ford AU 2000 Ford Falcon XR8

602PP
629BHP
1350kgs
Weight Distribution 56:44

Racing Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
70/75
26.20/21.00
7/5
5/8
3/4
0.0/0.5
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
--Tuned for Mount Panorama as per competition regulations--
Reset to default
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph/200km/h
1st 2.978
2nd 2.331
3rd 1.821
4th 1.442
5th 1.226
6th 1.108
Set final gear to 3.150

FC LSD
14/16/8

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Downforce
F/R
500/675

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Tuned as per FITT regulations. I had a few setups for this car which had differing characteristics. I plumped for this one in the end as it offered the most choice in what lines testers could take whilst retaining the grip available. I hope that you enjoy this tune and I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

mount-panorama-motor-racing-circuit_1-jpg.546139

Link to original post here.
Looks good sir. All linked up.

I'm not interested in joining FITT or anything, I just heard about this event and thought I'd give it a try.

2:01.030 w/ DS3

I average low-mid 2:01s.

Trans
In accordance with FITT V8 Supercar regulations.

Suspension (F/R)
RH: 70 / 58
SR: Min / Max
Comp: 1 / 10
Ext: 10 / 1
ARB: 1 / 7
Toe: 0.00 / -0.25

Brakes
2 / 10

LSD
15 / 17 / 5

Aero
500 / 530

My settings are extreme, I know. But this car has an extreme case of understeer. I would not recommend these settings for wheel users. Extreme settings are required to combat the DS3's inherently strong active steering.

Image43.jpg

TL;DR - Raise your front ride height and lower your rear downforce. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
The only other rule on lap times that don't think we have to worry about here at Bathurst is "allowed" cuts, like at Deep Forest you can cut turn 3, and 5 with out triggering a red lap, the ES has final call on allowed cuts.
Two tires inside the white lines.

That is the rule I generally go by as well.
Thanks @Otaliema for bringing this to everyone's attention 👍 It's something I should've thought of & included in the OP :embarrassed:
As you say, the two inside wheels can ride over a kerb or white line but the two outside wheels must always stay on the proper racing surface.

In any FITT competition I've participated in or followed, the rule has always been "if the timer turns red, the time is disallowed."
In this case, if the timer didn't change red, count that time as your best for that tune. If you saved the replay, watch it back at that point closely. I would be surprised if that ever so slight brush of the wall didn't cost you a few km/h or mph.
And yes, mirrors are a disposable item :)
Thanks for clearing that up for me:cheers:
Thanks, I thought that would be the case so I have made sure I kept two wheels inside the white lines at all times:cheers:

I'm not interested in joining FITT or anything, I just heard about this event and thought I'd give it a try.

2:01.052 w/ DS3

I've been playing with the settings, so my tune isn't set in stone. I average mid 2:01s. I'll put my range of settings in parenthesis.

Trans

Suspension (F/R)
RH: (60-95) / (50-60)
Toe: 0.00 / -0.30

72/50 is what I ran for front ride height most of the time.
If the -0.30 rear toe proves too much, reduce it to 0.00 and/or run 4/4 roll bars.
0.00 and 4/4 runs pretty good.

Brakes
2 / 10

LSD
(15-40) / 17 / 5

Aero
500 / 530

My settings are extreme, I know. But this car has an extreme case of understeer. I would not recommend these settings for wheel users. Extreme settings are required to combat the DS3's inherently strong active steering.

TL;DR - Raise your front ride height and lower your rear downforce. Hope this helps.
You can submit a tune for an event without joining FITT it's open partication. Would you like to be included for testing?

Last edited:
You can submit a tune for an event without joining FITT it's open partication. Would you like to be included for testing?
Sure. If you want to add my tune to the list for others to try, then that's fine. But I just wanted to draw attention to the high front ride height and low rear downforce settings for others to test the difference themselves.

I'm not interested in testing tunes though. This was just a spur of the moment thing out of curiosity.

Sure. If you want to add my tune to the list for others to try, then that's fine. But I just wanted to draw attention to the high front ride height and low rear downforce settings for others to test the difference themselves.

I'm not interested in testing tunes though. This was just a spur of the moment thing out of curiosity.
Sounds good sir.
You will need to give definitive numbers on the setting you have ranges listed for. Once that is done, I can link the tune.

Welcome to fray. I look forward to trying out your car.

Sounds good sir.
You will need to give definitive numbers on the setting you have ranges listed for. Once that is done, I can link the tune.

Welcome to fray. I look forward to trying out your car.
Tune has been updated. I spent some time re-testing and improved my best time and overall lap average to make sure I was confident in my tune. It should be interesting receiving feedback after people try my unorthodox and extreme settings.

Thanks for having me.

Tune has been updated. I spent some time re-testing and improved my best time and overall lap average to make sure I was confident in my tune. It should be interesting receiving feedback after people try my unorthodox and extreme settings.

Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the party :) 👍 @Otaliema will add you to the official list of Tuners and it'll be all systems go.

2:01.030 w/ DS3

I average low-mid 2:01s.

Trans

Suspension (F/R)
RH: 70 / 58
Toe: 0.00 / -0.25

Brakes
2 / 10

LSD
15 / 17 / 5

Aero
500 / 530

View attachment 546583

Very interesting setup 👍

Thanks for having me.
You have been added sir.
You will be added to the Google sheet once. My laptop is done charging

Back