Five Manufacturers We Want To See in GT Sport (Besides Porsche)

Whats happened to GTP? None of those cars are for "car people", I better see old Opel, BMW, Mercedes and Seat cars, not to mention tons of "drivers cars" mostly from 90's and 80's requested by fans for years!

Vision GT will only get digital dust white its waiting for its approval in the future!

It seems the majority of people have misinterpreted the point of the article. It's mentioned in there, but to recap: we were looking at manufacturers that aren't already included, and ones that can align with the modern-only approach we've seen so far.

BMW? Already confirmed. Mercedes? Already confirmed. Plymouth? Shuttered before Gran Turismo 3 released.

Seat was part of the discussion, but we preferred Fiat/Abarth on the basis that most of Seat's lineup has a VW equivalent.

It seems the majority of people have misinterpreted the point of the article. It's mentioned in there, but to recap: we were looking at manufacturers that aren't already included, and ones that can align with the modern-only approach we've seen so far.

BMW? Already confirmed. Mercedes? Already confirmed. Plymouth? Shuttered before Gran Turismo 3 released.

Seat was part of the discussion, but we preferred Fiat/Abarth on the basis that most of Seat's lineup has a VW equivalent.
I just love how Opel is being ignored so eagerly. The first brand mentioned in the very post that's being quoted and the 2nd most mentioned brand in this thread so far right after a Hypercar Manufacturer called Koenigsegg. Really, it's just brilliant.

I'm just happy to see Cadillac back in prototype after a 15 year absence, and they did so well.

Thanks to the article for calling them out.
Well deserved.

upload_2017-2-19_18-57-54.png Cadillac and citroen
Source:here

With such a small car list already and already with some duplication and far too many fantasy cars, IMO they should focus on licensing the manufacturers and including the cars that are going to help fill out the grids in the various racing classes used in the game. It makes no sense to me, for example, to include a 63' Mustang, a 73' Corvette, a 1978' Countach and a 1994 GTR and then throw them into some Racing Classic class and pretend they are all the same on the track by nerfing or boosting the hell out of their specs to get them close together. Focus instead on licensing and modeling cars of the same era and class and, if necessary, only using slight modifications to power or grip to BoP the cars to race within the same class.

So far, the only 800bhp+ car we've seen so far is the LaFerrari.

So, I guess Koenigsegg would be nice.

Porsche, too.

I want to see Lamborghini, but with some additional models unseen in the GT franchise to date..

The Diablo SV (The classic shape from NFS 3)
The Gallardo Super Trofeo (Fierce looking track beast!)
The Gallardo Superlaggera (Because lightweight)
The Sesto Elemento (Because super lightweight)
The Veneno (The ultimate Lambo)

The Veneno is in. It was shown in the very first GTS trailer.

obviously Koenigsegg (Regera, One:1, Agera XS, CCXR Trevita)
Opel (Astra K TCR, Astra J GTC OPC, Astra J GTC OPC Cup, Astra J GTC OPC Extreme, Corsa D Nurburgring Edition, Corsa E OPC, Insignia OPC)
SEAT (Ibiza Mk4 Cupra, Leon Cupra Mk2 310, Leon Cupra Mk3 300, Leon Mk3 Cup Racer, Leon Mk3 TCR)
Skoda (Octavia Mk3 RS, Fabia Mk2 RS, Fabia Mk3 R5, Fabia Mk3 RX)
Kia (Cee'd Mk2 TCR, Pro_Cee'd GT, Stinger GT, Optima PWC GTS, Rio WRX)

I just love how Opel is being ignored so eagerly. The first brand mentioned in the very post that's being quoted and the 2nd most mentioned brand in this thread so far right after a Hypercar Manufacturer called Koenigsegg. Really, it's just brilliant.

It isn't ignored (and certainly not "eagerly"). We looked at multiple marques that haven't yet been confirmed, and drew up a list of five based on staff feedback.*

It's expected that members will have their own personal favourites. That's even referenced at the end of the article.

* - when I say "confirmed", I mean "actually spotted on-track, not a singular presentation image that also includes RUF and Maserati.

I can say that also I want these manufactures in the game. But I have some other too, like :
Bristol, Chrysler, Maserati, Opel, RUF, Volvo, Seat, Skoda :P Porsche ;)

I have some more but some of them are history, like SAAB, Rover, MG (British) and Pontiac. :(

...I'd love Koenigsegg and their amazing hypercars to grace GT's tracks. Whenever there's the talk of the "Holy Trinity" it irks me to see people seemingly forgetting that Regera is actually just as accomplished as the trio. Maybe even more so, with its 1500 hp output, 22-mile electric-only range, and the trick gearbox.

Ahem. So yeah, I'm also hoping to see Ruf remain on the roster, even if Porsche decides to show up. IMO, there are enough unique differences between the two to warrant the inclusion.

Noble is the other one - M600 has been one of the hottest things to emerge from Britain in the last decade or so. Deserves PDI love.

SAAB - for obvious reasons. Their motorsport heritage alone should guarantee the now-defunct marque's inclusion.

Maserati is another no-brainer for me. They tasted success with their MC12 racecars. So, a natural inclusion as far as I'm concerned.

There are others that I can think of, like Mitsuoka or Saleen but for now, here's the five.

+1 on Noble. Would like to see a M600

Yes, the Noble is a fun car on Forza. It will be heaps of fun in GT(if it arrives).

In a straight line my La Ferrari gets blown away by Hennessey Venom, Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg One:1 and the Ultima GTR. It is frightening just how fast there are.

Citroen
Agreed a great french car maker with some pretty revolutionary designs and innovations, from Group B Rally cars to everyday automobiles please see small list of examples below

Roadcars
- 2CV, 1954
- BX 4TC, 1985 (Group B rally-roadcar special)
- DS3 Racing, 2011
- GS Birotor, 1973 (Rotary Powered Citroen)

Racecars
- DS 21 Rally, 1970
- GT by Citroen Racecar, 2010

Citroen_BX_4TC.jpg
Picture shows: Citroen BX 4TC

Holden/HSV
These Australian makers are a much required addition to Gran Turismo, with big V8's through-out it's history these cars weren't built for the faint hearted

Roadcars
- Holden Hurricane, 1969 (This prototype sported navigation, air-conditioning & Reversing cameras)
- Holden [HG] Monaro, 1970
- Holden [VE] Commodore SV6
- HSV GTS-R, 1996
- HSV GTS-R W1, 2017 (Last and fastest Holden to ever be produced)
- HSV Maloo GTS, 2014

Racecars
- Holden [VF] Commodore V8 Supercar #1 Redbull Racing, 2013
- Holden [VX] Commodore V8 Supercar #11 Castrol Racing, 2002

Holden-Hurricane_Concept-1969-1600-03.jpg
Picture shows: Holden Hurricane

Koenigsegg
The trademark for the swede's that want to go fast, this innovative company is showing the world how a faster supercar can be done

Roadcars
- Agera, 2011
- CC8S, 2001
- Regera, 2016 (Hybrid Supercar)

Racecars
- CCGT, 2008

Koenigsegg_CCGT_2008.jpg
Picture shows: Koenigsegg CCGT

Lister
British sportscar maker founded in 1954 by Brian Lister this small company made it's debut in Gran Turismo 2, tantalising racing fans through to Gran Turismo 6 this maker needs to make a comeback

Roadcars
- Storm V12 Roadcar, 1993

Racecars
- Knobbly Prototype, 1958
- Storm V12 LM Race, 1999

1958_lister_jaguar_07.jpg
Picture shows: Lister Knobbly Prototype

Last edited:
I don't know why I do not go on GT Planet more often, but here's my list for the most desired cars for GT Sport (Nostalgia prevails)

1.) Venturi would be an awesome return with Vector
2.) Um, my cover car...? The Nismo Z tune has mysteriously never appeared in any Gran Turismo game despite it being the ultimate skyline. But we have an R-tune instead along with a dozen non premium V/M specs??
3.) Renault Espace F1, c'mon everyone want's this rocket bus back!
4.) Maybe old 80's-90's F1 cars
5.) More obscurity: Mclaren X1 (yes an X1 exists), Ferrari F40 LM, XJ220S, Ford GT90,911 GT1 Road Car, Toyota GT-One Road car, and much more that I can't think of on the top of my head.

I'm all for GT Sport's GT-class focused list but these cars should be added in for our causal enjoyment.
400GT.jpg
Renault_Espace_F1.jpg
1bd9ce5639.jpg
mcf1s.jpg

I agree with all the choices in this article, but of course, I feel as though I need to pitch in...
We really need Holden. I don't care how it's implemented, I just want it done.
Koenigsegg needs to make an appearance this time. They've been around for so long and their cars are so unique they cannot be ignored.
This next choice may sound silly, but Daihatsu. They've been featured in many GT games and some of their kei cars are adorable.

I am reading this all as quite sad since I disagree with you a lot. I even wonder if you guys are actually trolling?

Some of cars you've been listing has been absolute garbage in GT games over years and various versions of Gran Turismo games. And you still would like to include them in this game?

Since this new Gran Turismo game is focusing lesser cars and focused on GT-sport cars they should pick up cars from that class.
Traditionally there's been quite Gran Tourer history with Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, BMW, Ferrari, Jaguar, Jensen, Lamborghini, Lexus, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche and Toyota.

Around 2017 till 2019 when this vacuum cleaner simulator is eventually published should not have anymore any "2002 concept Cadillacs" which never came into production nor "RedBull X2010" fantasy cars nor any Vision GT cars. If I want mad physics, alternative dimension GT experience I go play Grand Theft Auto Online.

I am afraid of this Gran Turismo serie will fail badly with GT Sport and GT 7.
What did work in late nineties with "realistic driving simulations", doesn't work similar anymore. Especially if root of this game has not changed much in past decades:

GT Sport and Gran Turismo 7 will have next:

- Irritating jazz music on every menu with trademark annoying button sound effects.
- Absurd moped cars popular in Japan, nowhere else.
- Overwhelming amount of Nissans. Then they decide there's not enough Nissans, they offer more as DLC.
- Unrealistic feel on surface you drive on.
- Cold touch on racing overall. It will be clean as hospital.
- Lack of weather or daylight change.
- Disappointing sounds.
- Fantasy cars by Kaz.
- Concept cars from decades back.
- Ridiculous challenges.

It will need quite effort from these guys to get even close with Forza Motorsport, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, iRacing.

Apologies if I hurt someones feelings and ranting over.

Regards,

Tappajakoala

I am reading this all as quite sad since I disagree with you a lot. I even wonder if you guys are actually trolling?

Some of cars you've been listing has been absolute garbage in GT games over years and various versions of Gran Turismo games. And you still would like to include them in this game?

Since this new Gran Turismo game is focusing lesser cars and focused on GT-sport cars they should pick up cars from that class.
Traditionally there's been quite Gran Tourer history with Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, BMW, Ferrari, Jaguar, Jensen, Lamborghini, Lexus, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche and Toyota.

Around 2017 till 2019 when this vacuum cleaner simulator is eventually published should not have anymore any "2002 concept Cadillacs" which never came into production nor "RedBull X2010" fantasy cars nor any Vision GT cars. If I want mad physics, alternative dimension GT experience I go play Grand Theft Auto Online.

I am afraid of this Gran Turismo serie will fail badly with GT Sport and GT 7.
What did work in late nineties with "realistic driving simulations", doesn't work similar anymore. Especially if root of this game has not changed much in past decades:

GT Sport and Gran Turismo 7 will have next:

- Irritating jazz music on every menu with trademark annoying button sound effects.
- Absurd moped cars popular in Japan, nowhere else.
- Overwhelming amount of Nissans. Then they decide there's not enough Nissans, they offer more as DLC.
- Unrealistic feel on surface you drive on.
- Cold touch on racing overall. It will be clean as hospital.
- Lack of weather or daylight change.
- Disappointing sounds.
- Fantasy cars by Kaz.
- Concept cars from decades back.
- Ridiculous challenges.

It will need quite effort from these guys to get even close with Forza Motorsport, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, iRacing.

Apologies if I hurt someones feelings and ranting over.

Regards,

Tappajakoala

Ok.

1. Saleen - For the S7R & S5S Raptor

2. Koenigsegg- For the CCX and Agera R

3. HSV - For the GTSR W1 and V8 Supercars

4. Noble - For the M12 GTO and M600

5. Cadillac - For the ATS-V.R & DPI-V.R

Back