Flawed?

How is it? We've had 5 exclusive cars and then 4 normal cars with exclusive designs and tunes (Which could be replicated easily) since. It's barely anything when you consider how many cars and tracks there are. It only cost £5-10 more than the normal edition over here anyway so there's no complaints from me.

Take GTPSP for example. You get some car colors but that's all. Everyone have the chance to drive the car. However with forza 3, if you don't get the collectors edition you're missing out on 5 interesting cars. I also don't agree with that. I remember how pissed I got when I found out I had to pay to unlock Yoda in Soulcalibur IV. Ridiculous.

Lets try to carry on with Forza 3.

When could we expect a patch? Perhaps the DLC date?

My photo error now takes 1:40.

The first DLC (458 Italia and nine other cars) is due December 8th, I believe. I'll double check to make sure.

In other news FM3 has already sold more than 1 million copies...

Forza 3 sells over 1 million

I enjoy a lot of the things in Forza 3. I am disappointed that they did not address the main issues of the game though:

#1 - huge discrepancy with certain cars in ALL of the car classes (i.e. leaderboard cars)
#2 - better endurance racing options
#3 - only 8 players on the track at once
#4 - eliminating on the fly tuning in online rooms

Some of the bugs of the game definitely feel like the game was rushed and is rather a Forza 2.5 than a Forza 3.

All that being said though, it's very hard for me to really complain about the game because there really isn't any competition for the game at the moment. There's a LOT of annoyances and issues that I found in Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Even with GT5, it probably won't have say the dashboard bugs that Forza 3 does, but from my experience with GT games in the past, that'll be the least of my worries. The level of online experience offered in GT5P is absolutely atrocious with that ridiculous catch-up rubber banding. In order for the full GT5 to provide me with a better experience than Forza 3, it'll have to have better online options, and that's something that PD has yet to prove that it can do.

I don't think I've ever heard so much whining about a collector's edition...Like I've said before, all of the cars besides the DBS aren't entirely unique cars.

Collectors:
Corvette ZR-1
F430 Scuderia
911 GT3 RS
Gallardo Superleggera
Aston Martin DBS

For non-collectors, you can simply modify:
Corvette Z06
Ferrari F430
911 GT3
Gallardo

The only fully unique car is the DBS. Which even then, is probably 95% identical to driving a DB9.

And as for desirability and how important those cars are...I've driven the ZR-1 in the Corvette races and that was it.

How is this relevant to what was being discussed? No-one was implying that we don't see GT people crying about Forza. Bizarre you felt the need to address some imaginary balance you have going but okay. :boggled:
You posted that there's a GT troll for every thousand people, but then used FGTG's post to mock him. All I said was that I've seen those same posts here, in the GT5 section, so you might as well be laughing at all the GT Elites here as well.
The point was Forza flaws and posts on fm.net. Someone felt the need to come and post the moderation on fm.net was GT trolls but I've been reading the site and I disagree.
Then you don't read enough. Before FM3 was launched, there were a lot of GT topics, to the point that you would be banned for posting a GT topic in the FM3 section because it always ended the same way. I still see it quite often outside the FM3 section seeing as that's the only area 1 can bring up GT now.
I was going to leave it but you and Tenacious D are still going with some GT Forza thing that has nothing to do with the thread. It really needs to stop.
We haven't done anything, so perhaps you should stop jumping to conclusions. I merely pointed out to him that whether or not one side is trolling more than other doesn't change a thing. Trying to call out, "Your side trolls more than mine!" is retarded. Both sides are still making up dumb reasons to criticize the other.

Collectors:
911 GT3 RS

For non-collectors, you can simply modify:
911 GT3

I have to say I don't really agree with this one. The RS is a massive step up from the stock GT3, it feels so much more poised, precise and accurate that it's definitely worth getting one over modifying a standard car. My RS can keep up with cars from higher classes with ease.

How is it? We've had 5 exclusive cars and then 4 normal cars with exclusive designs and tunes (Which could be replicated easily) since. It's barely anything when you consider how many cars and tracks there are. It only cost £5-10 more than the normal edition over here anyway so there's no complaints from me.

Yeah, it's only a few cars. But I don't like it. Now that they know they can get away with it, I fear publishers might twist developer's arms into making more and more in-game content exclusive to the Collector's Editions of their games.

I have to say I don't really agree with this one. The RS is a massive step up from the stock GT3, it feels so much more poised, precise and accurate that it's definitely worth getting one over modifying a standard car. My RS can keep up with cars from higher classes with ease.

Just for fun...

Circuit de Catalunya National Circuit after ten laps:

911 GT3 (A551) - 1'17.969
911 Turbo (A556) (for comparison's sake) - 1'17.709
911 GT3 RS (A562) - 1'16.827
911 GT2 (A590) (for...giggles) - 1'16.966

Conclusions:

911 GT3 - Needs someone to look at its brakes, badly. Get them in balance and it'll gain a lot. Pushes hard under throttle, doesn't really tuck into a turn off-throttle either. Really a boring car.

911 Turbo - Needs brake work too, but not as badly. Probably has a little more time to be taken off. Suspension is much softer, wallows a lot...Brake dive/squat through turns, which benefits turn in but also makes it plow if you get on the power wrong. The low rev limiter more or less cancels out any power advantage, causing many extra shifts.

911 GT3 RS - Brakes are just right on this. Turn in is better. Makes me think it has better tires than the GT3...

911 GT2 - Feels a lot like the RS, but softer. Has a little bit of the squat and brake dive characteristics of the turbo, but only at about 4/10s as bad. Extra power isn't noticed through oversteer, but it does get going an extra 5-10mph on the straight. It's brakes are nearly as good as the GT3, if not identical. Hard to tell when you're going faster.

Just for fun...

Conclusions:

911 GT3 - Needs someone to look at its brakes, badly. Get them in balance and it'll gain a lot. Pushes hard under throttle, doesn't really tuck into a turn off-throttle either. Really a boring car.

911 Turbo - Needs brake work too, but not as badly. Probably has a little more time to be taken off. Suspension is much softer, wallows a lot...Brake dive/squat through turns, which benefits turn in but also makes it plow if you get on the power wrong. The low rev limiter more or less cancels out any power advantage, causing many extra shifts.

911 GT3 RS - Brakes are just right on this. Turn in is better. Makes me think it has better tires than the GT3...

911 GT2 - Feels a lot like the RS, but softer. Has a little bit of the squat and brake dive characteristics of the turbo, but only at about 4/10s as bad. Extra power isn't noticed through oversteer, but it does get going an extra 5-10mph on the straight. It's brakes are nearly as good as the GT3, if not identical. Hard to tell when you're going faster.

Thanks for the comparison, sounds to me like T10 messed up the GT3's characteristics so the GT3 RS will be more worth it.

Just for fun...

Conclusions:

That sounds about right from my experiences 👍 (and from road tests of the real cars). The GT2 in this game is a great wallowing beast of a car though, it only makes up for time lost in the corners by being faster on the straights.

Have you tried tuning the RS yet? I've got mine tweaked to an S class car and it drives like a dream aswell as having extra power in the straights, It still can't beat the AWD cars online but then nothing can!

That's a bit weak, if it is indeed true. Well, not necessarily "weak" per se..we do have over 100 tracks already, maybe they should consider improving/expanding on what's already there; i.e more (and better) drag events, some more racing events and maybe add an additional season or two that's entirely new.

New content could easily be added in the manner you speak of. It doesn't really require any new development of track or vehicles. Those new events and additional seasons seem very easy to implement and should be free IMO.

No-one was implying that we don't see GT people crying about Forza. The point was Forza flaws and posts on fm.net. Someone felt the need to come and post the moderation was GT Trolls

Was just pointing out what has been experienced. You disagree, and there isn't much we can do about your disagreement. Both sides do it. However, as of late, the GT trolling was getting bad and we were seeing more moderation to that effect. Maybe you avoid those threads or just don't read them. But most of us see it happen.

It's nothing to get your panties in a bunch about. It has no bearing on this forum, our gaming in FM3 and our discussions.

That sounds about right from my experiences 👍 (and from road tests of the real cars). The GT2 in this game is a great wallowing beast of a car though, it only makes up for time lost in the corners by being faster on the straights.

Have you tried tuning the RS yet? I've got mine tweaked to an S class car and it drives like a dream aswell as having extra power in the straights, It still can't beat the AWD cars online but then nothing can!

No, I haven't tuned any Porsches besides a 930 Turbo as a fun car, not for online racing. And I haven't built a single S-class car for online racing either. I tend to forget S class even exists...I find myself tuning most cars to A-class as its by far the most popular, and I have at least one car for everything below that. I think I'm gonna put together an Audi or two today. Last night I built an A600 2010 Camaro SS and a A600 1969 Camaro Z/28. Lots of fun. The Z/28 is actually a bit faster around Road Atlanta if you can manage the back end. I can't believe you can only use 245mm tires on the thing...

I just discovered one you can add to the list of flaws.

Racing in the R3 World Championship at Silverstone Grand Prix in the #92 BMW M3 GT2, I noticed at the end of lap 8 I had a time of 1:48.379. However it listed my best lap at a 1:49.038 which was set on lap 7. At the end of the race the 1:49.038 was still listed as the best lap time.

Having been at level 50 for some time now and with quite a few races complete, this is the first time I've noticed this.

This is what review of the replay showed:

4th lap: 1:48.556 listed as "best lap", so far this is correct

6th lap: 1:48.873 4th lap still listed as best, this is correct

7th lap: 1:49.038 now this time is listed as "best lap", which of course is incorrect

8th lap: 1:48.379 7th lap still listed as "best lap"

end of race listed "best lap" time: 1:49.038

Something is obviously a glitch with the race time keeper as well.

I just discovered one you can add to the list of flaws.

Racing in the R3 World Championship at Silverstone Grand Prix in the #92 BMW M3 GT2, I noticed at the end of lap 8 I had a time of 1:48.379. However it listed my best lap at a 1:49.038 which was set on lap 7. At the end of the race the 1:49.038 was still listed as the best lap time.

Having been at level 50 for some time now and with quite a few races complete, this is the first time I've noticed this.

This is what review of the replay showed:

4th lap: 1:48.556 listed as "best lap", so far this is correct

6th lap: 1:48.873 4th lap still listed as best, this is correct

7th lap: 1:49.038 now this time is listed as "best lap", which of course is incorrect

8th lap: 1:48.379 7th lap still listed as "best lap"

end of race listed "best lap" time: 1:49.038

Something is obviously a glitch with the race time keeper as well.

That's not a glitch. That's the retarded lap validation/invalidation marker. It records your fast laps regardless of whether their invalidated or not, however, once you run the games definition of a "clean" lap, that time whether slower or faster then becomes your fastest lap due to it being validated.

EDIT: Example, say you're running laps around La Sarthe and your lap times are as follows..

3.37:460 [!]
3.42.552 [!] - The above is still recorded as being the faster time.
3.22:226 [!] - Now the faster time.
3.45:556 - Fastest time period. Notice the exclamation marks note being an invalidated time (FM3 really does not like you using the entire track to your advantage) and without one is a validated lap.

It's ridiculously mundane and needs to be written off.

That's not a glitch. That's the retarded lap validation/invalidation marker. It records your fast laps regardless of whether their invalidated or not, however, once you run the games definition of a "clean" lap, that time whether slower or faster then becomes your fastest lap due to it being validated.

Good grief what BS.

I can't believe I've raced all this time and havn't noticed it before.

As far I'm concerned anything that anal is still a glitch and should have never been in the game.

There's also a probably with the lighting on some of the tracks; some are too dark (up until the point where you're playing "Where's the corner?") or have suffer from overly-bright/saturated track textures (Sebring is a good example of the latter, and Sedona is a good example of the former). It's to the point where the AI doesn't even know where they're going (using Sedona as an example here), when the AI wall-rides to feel out the track...you know there's a problem somewhere.

There's also a probably with the lighting on some of the tracks; some are too dark (up until the point where you're playing "Where's the corner?") or have suffer from overly-bright/saturated track textures (Sebring is a good example of the latter, and Sedona is a good example of the former). It's to the point where the AI doesn't even know where they're going (using Sedona as an example here), when the AI wall-rides to feel out the track...you know there's a problem somewhere.

I like Sedona's lighting. I'm not using the cockpit view though, so that may have something to do with it. Sebring is definitely too bright though.

I like Sedona's lighting. I'm not using the cockpit view though, so that may have something to do with it. Sebring is definitely too bright though.

There's no real problem with Sedona Raceway, the Speedway variant on the other hand is horribly dark around the penultimate banked corner.

Good grief what BS.

I can't believe I've raced all this time and havn't noticed it before.

As far I'm concerned anything that anal is still a glitch and should have never been in the game.

So, you don't mind if I cut off about three turns completely on Sebring and get a time around 3 seconds faster than you, because that's fair?

My TV is set up according to the THX set up assistant and I've not come across this problem anywhere. I'll take a look tomorrow and take some photos because it seems an odd thing to happen and I've never seen the AI wall riding either!

So, you don't mind if I cut off about three turns completely on Sebring and get a time around 3 seconds faster than you, because that's fair?

I didn't get it either. Unless it's invalidating laps that should be valid, I can't see the problem.

That's not the issue. No one seems to understand the system makes little to no sense whatsoever. IRL a lap isn't invalidated because you've decided to use the entire track (from the rumble strip to outermost area before the white line) to your advantage, sure you would get an (insert how many seconds here) penalty if you went over that line, but the lap itself would still count unless you went to the extreme and cut the track or went off. You can barely touch a rumble strip without the lap becoming invalid. Having to nurse your car around a track because you don't really want to push it is absurd. It's just about as nonsensical as GT's variation of a "stop and go" penalty. Doesn't matter how it's administered, just as long as it is administered.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/3180929/ShowThread.aspx

This.

Here is a list of the R1/R2/R3 cars with nonfunctional cockpits:
#9 Peugeot Sport 908
#43 Gulf Team McLaren F1 GTR
#23 Nissan Motorsports R390
#50 Corvette Racing C5.R
#72 Team Alphand Aventures 550 Maranello GTS
#88 Veloqx/Prodrive Racing 550 Maranello
#12 Calsonic Skyline
#23 Xanavi Nismo Nissan GT-R
#5 OPC Team Phoenix Astra V8 Coupe
#35 Yellow Hat YMS Supra
#11 Labre Competition 550 Maranello GTS
#6 EXXON Superflo Supra
#4 Corvette Racing C6.R
#25 Eclipse Advan Toyota Supra
#4 Corvette Racing C6.R
#008 Bell Motorsports Racing DBR9
#009 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
#25 Eclipse Advan Toyota SC430
#12 Calsonic Impul Nissan GT-R
#23 Xanavi Nismo Nissan GT-R
#24 Woodone Advan Clarion Nissan GT-R
#3 YellowHat TMS Tomica Nissan GT-R
#3 Hasemisport Endless Z
#46 Team MOLA Dream Cube's ADVAN Z
#92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3-GT2
#2 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE
#33 Garry Rogers Motorsport Commodore VE
#39 Supercheap Auto Racing Commodore VE
#51 Sprint Gas Racing Commodore VE

Here is a list of the R2/R3/S cars with Blocked Gages / LCD
#10 Tiger Racing Mustang
Zonda C12
Time Attack Evolution
#007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
#6 Prototype Technology Group M3-GTR
#2 Team BMW Motorsport M3-GTR
#25 Britek Motorsport/Fujitsu Racing FG Falcon
#5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon
#9 Stone Brothers Racing FG Falcon

ripped from page "2"

38 known car's out of 400+ cars with dead cockpits. Nothing work's all you here is the sound, Blank guages and that's it, like a Rushed PC car mod.

And there is more to be found, And the thing is, it's the "T10 COMMUNITY" website and there not doing anything about it. Just sweeping it under the rug.

Last edited:

With regaurd to individual lap time comparisons, its usefulness is evident for everyone running the same, if cuttable, uncut course. Therefore its application IMO should be confined to "Hot Lap" exercises where you are racing the track, not other cars.

When racing cars, for the sake of realism, I prefer it to be not applicable.
It is then open to all drivers at their discretion.

What we're talking about here is more important to realism than most things declared as such in the forums here. Damage is needed as the real way to employ risk and curb or cost a racer for flagrant, chronic and excessive short cutting, along with sand pits properly done that will always cost you time. 2 wheels in the grass, unless its a jump over is going to cost you time.

If you get 2 or even 4 tires off the racing surface your car is not going to stop in any race anywhere in the world, unless of course there is a crash barrier directly in your path. You may spin, lose control, lose time, hit a barrier, damage your car, or wreck it all to hell. Then again, depending, you may gain a scooch of time. Its your choice. As stated above there should always be some "risk" factor involved with cuts so as to make them beneficially improbable as with real racing.

However in your example, orange cones obviously aren't going to do the job.

That's not the issue...

The thing that really pisses me off about that is when you are going to end up losing time by going off and it still invalidates the time. I had a bunch of laps that were invalidated because I ran wide two wheels into the grass at the top of the hill @ Cata and ruined my whole rhythm. I don't think they should include the invalidation bit in online races only because there's always the chance that you'll contact someone or get forced off and it ruins a fast lap time...

With regaurd to individual lap time comparisons, its usefulness is evident for everyone running the same, if cuttable, uncut course. Therefore its application IMO should be confined to "Hot Lap" exercises where you are racing the track, not other cars.

What we're talking about here is more important to realism than most things declared as such in the forums here. Damage is needed as the real way to employ risk and curb or cost a racer for flagrant, chronic and excessive short cutting, along with sand pits properly done that will always cost you time. 2 wheels in the grass, unless its a jump over is going to cost you time.

If you get 2 or even 4 tires off the racing surface your car is not going to stop in any race anywhere in the world, unless of course there is a crash barrier directly in your path. You may spin, lose control, lose time, hit a barrier, damage your car, or wreck it all to hell. Then again, depending, you may gain a scooch of time. Its your choice. As stated above there should always be some "risk" factor involved with cuts so as to make them beneficially improbable as with real racing.

However in your example, orange cones obviously aren't going to do the job.

There's also the option of either adding time penalty if you cut corners or to run more than 2 wheels for example onto a curb, or better still a warning system- do it more than 2 times you, you'll be time penalized or disqualified. In fact, SHIFT actually has the latter system implemented in its race mode, while TT mode has the same lap validation system as FM3. And in real life, most of the fastest lap of a track is recorded either during qualifying or a specially organized TT (or Time Attack) and while that's mostly due to the car's setup, I'm pretty sure it's also in order to reduce other unwanted variables.

Last edited:

So if they made it where fast lap times could only be set in hot lap mode, and this system was in place...why don't you just ignore that it exists while in any other mode? I don't get how this is so bad guys. If you cut a corner, the lap is invalid. Simple as that. If you raced in any type of WRS on Gran Turismo that would be the same rule. Are you suggesting that you'd be dishonest if you cut over a corner that was explicitly stated as cutting a corner? The thing is, everybody else has to stay on the exact same section of track as you do, so there's no use bitching over it. I can sort of see your complaints that any drafting gets your lap invalidated, but like I said before, if you care about setting a fast lap you need to be in hotlap mode, not a season race.

So explain why you want cutting corners to be legal for setting a valid hot lap time.

If you go four wheels off the course, that's cutting the course, but if you have two on the track that isn't. Forza because they are using F1 style rules, don't see the curbs as part of the track.

If you go four wheels off the course, that's cutting the course, but if you have two on the track that isn't. Forza because they are using F1 style rules, don't see the curbs as part of the track.

This. Exactly this.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Both threads complaining about the very same thing, doesn't matter whether it's hot-lapping or not. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back