Flight, Flying, Sky.

F765B8EC-320B-4D36-B738-6EA173348222.jpeg

I was playing with a replay of the Spa 60-minute 800PP race, and I saw smoke trails in the sky at the start, which I'd not noticed. Focusing on them in Photo Mode, it the flyover is apparently by a squadron of Belgium's new stealth fighter, as the smoke seemingly appears from thin air.

52271213324_1670a7a6eb_b.jpg

A few seconds later...
52271213284_aa0333d0e9_b.jpg

And another few seconds...
52270969998_1f67bcba4b_b.jpg

Another few seconds, and I walked almost all the way back to La Source for this one...
52270969978_0c11f0af1b_b.jpg

Last edited:
OK, technically jumping, not flying, but I did get a lot of air time!

I found the Horse Thief Mile course at Willow Springs when I went to Willow Springs to try some cars in time trial mode that I hadn't driven before. I never knew that course even existed! Through a series of unfortunate events, I discovered that the track has no boundaries, you can drive off across the dirt, all the way to the perimeter fence. Once you hit a piece of pavement, though, the game places you on that pavement, stopped, ready to resume. I also discovered while driving around in the dirt that there are some hills in the infield which will launch you skyward with enough speed. My first launch was in a Taycan Turbo, and it occurred to me after seeing that, that I should bring a truck out there! So here ya go, a "flying" Raptor!!

52294764076_a27093e1a4_b.jpg

52294764016_10e4eb7689_b.jpg

52293779912_c66da08b18_b.jpg

All inspired by THIS guy!!!

Last edited:
Cool video! Reminds me of being a kid when you found out that only flat rocks skipped across ponds whilst the round ones just made a helluva splash. :D

So the Bathurst UFO gets around, then??? But that's not a cow...

Last edited:
At the most recent World Series race at Spa there was a strange red fluffy ball in the sky. Most of these races have an aircraft fly past at the start of the race but this object remained static for all the practice.

The “ball” contained a static aircraft:

CEB63A7F-5299-4113-A10C-D348041E537A.jpeg

I think it must have been some sort of server side glitch that left this content in place unknown to PD.

Were the other two aircraft there, in the regular flyby? Scenery object given no velocity from its start position! :boggled:

When the race started, the fly past was normal and the red ball had gone.

When the ball was there, game sound included the a/c engine but it was clearly from the red ball position and didn’t move at all.

Just a Ghost in the Machine I guess.

At the most recent World Series race at Spa there was a strange red fluffy ball in the sky. Most of these races have an aircraft fly past at the start of the race but this object remained static for all the practice.

The “ball” contained a static aircraft:

View attachment 1242852

I think it must have been some sort of server side glitch that left this content in place unknown to PD.
It's even more funny with PSVR2.

OK, see, if it was realistic, that smoke would be blown back by the propeller. (Never mind that the airplane is just hovering... :lol:)

View attachment 1161491

Anyone know why this is called a “gondola”?
Yes. Originally a long, flat bottomed boat in Venice, designed primarily for transportation of people, then used about the basket below a hot air balloon and for the same.kind of basket on a funicular rail way or ski-lift.
It was only natural that the first Zeppelin used the nomenclature that people already knew, as it was important to make people feel safe.

There's actually another kind of Gondola, an engine Gondola, meaning a bulge och attached seperat housing for an engine to drive a machine.
So most blimps have both kinds

No photos of the crazy stunt helicopter at Dragon Tail Seaside?

Last edited:
No photos of the crazy stunt helicopter at Dragon Tail Seaside?
On my list of things to do. Given the state of the Dailies, I have decided to stop doing them until PD sort out the penalty system in order to get rid of those folks who abuse driving standards. That being the case, I’m going to do more photos and liveries instead.

Back