Flight Simulators - Add your own screenshots

Exorcet
For anyone interested, the DCS World free Su-25T now includes online, you basically have a free demo that is equivalent to the whole game, minus a clickable cockpit.

New modules have also been announced, F-14, F-15, Harrier, UH-1, Hawk, and a few others. P-51 is also out of Beta and is now a final release.

*These photos are from my old laptop with graphics on low and low res screen*

Oh, do you know if I can get the A-10C for free and the Black Shark 2 at the upgrade price if I own DCS A-10C and Black Shark? I can't work out how but I'm sure I read that somewhere. The models are so, so good, especially when damaged. Awesome sim, that.

ED's website is digitalcombatsimulator.com Go to downloands and download whatever module you want, you don't need to buy them to download.

For A-10C, I think the the same activation code that came with the box version will activate the updated download version. The downloaded A-10 installs into DCS World (so make sure to download and install that first). Once the World A-10 is installed, you can uninstall box A-10 if you like.

I don't know how BS2 upgrade works, I don't have BS1 or 2.

Exorcet
ED's website is digitalcombatsimulator.com Go to downloands and download whatever module you want, you don't need to buy them to download.

For A-10C, I think the the same activation code that came with the box version will activate the updated download version. The downloaded A-10 installs into DCS World (so make sure to download and install that first). Once the World A-10 is installed, you can uninstall box A-10 if you like.

I don't know how BS2 upgrade works, I don't have BS1 or 2.

Awesome, thanks. DCS A-10C has never worked for me but I bought it just before DCS World came out so I never tried to fix it as I'd heard you could transfer the content, then totally forgot to work out how. The Frogfoot is more than enough for me right now though, I think I need to work out how to actually fire my weapons and generally use the sim before I get into unlocking more stuff to fly!

The Frogfoot is more than enough for me right now though, I think I need to work out how to actually fire my weapons and generally use the sim before I get into unlocking more stuff to fly!

The A-10 is actually the easiest to fly, as in move around. Systems wise those, the Su-25 and P-51 are the logical starting points, but they won't help much for the A-10. Even then, it took me about a week to get used to the A-10 and decide how to set my controls, but maybe my experience with Falcon helped there.

Anyway, screenshots from my good computer. This is from a mission I made myself, a two+ hour flight. When the actual fighting started, I forget to take images. I lost my wingman and limped home on one engine, but the mission was accomplished.

Screen_121103_200658.jpg

Screen_121103_200714.jpg

Screen_121103_201002.jpg

Screen_121103_201023.jpg

Screen_121103_201036.jpg

Screen_121103_201348.jpg

Screen_121103_201410.jpg

I flew a couple flights in the last few days, here is two pics as I start my descent entering New Zealand in the evening.

8266701616_40bce3f2ed_h.jpg

8265632931_9c230224f5_h.jpg

A new livery I put together as I was getting tired of using airline paints.

I love playing FSX, I havent done any long distance flights mainly,2 hours max. but i like to turn settings all the way and fly extreme stormy weather at night. what a challenge to be able to use nothing but instruments for taking off and landing. GREAT GAME

I love playing FSX, I havent done any long distance flights mainly,2 hours max. but i like to turn settings all the way and fly extreme stormy weather at night. what a challenge to be able to use nothing but instruments for taking off and landing. GREAT GAME

Yeah extreme conditions are fun, the other day I did a couple flights from Munich to Milan and return which are only 40 minutes long but the visibility was down to only 100m so I didn't see the runway until I was at a approach altitude of 70 feet above ground level. Was a blast.

Jay
Yeah extreme conditions are fun, the other day I did a couple flights from Munich to Milan and return which are only 40 minutes long but the visibility was down to only 100m so I didn't see the runway until I was at a approach altitude of 70 feet above ground level. Was a blast.
Nice, I will fly the Munich to Milan tonight.

It hasn't been announced here, but DCS is confirmed to get the F/A-18C, F-15C, and Su-27 SM, among other aircraft. The UH-1 and MiG-21 are said to be coming soon (the UH-1 more soon, the MiG less soon).

DCS modules are also on sale, between 25% and 50% of original price. I bought the Ka-50.

140b3c.jpg

Slightly different from fixed wing. Though I managed to land by the third flight.

Man oh man, I just bought the Ka-50 and P-51D. Can't try them for a while yet but I'm looking forward to both, thanks for the heads up. $10 is about the maximum I want to pay to fly a vehicle I know I have almost no chance of taking off, doing some combat then landing in.

It's been awhile, here is a coupe pics from my latest bird, PMDG Boeing 777-200LR and it's mighty GE90-110B's!:

10488450185_19ba0f03d9_o.jpg

10488461366_753c321404_o.jpg

I'm probably gonna kill a bunch of people with bumping this, but I feel as if I have to...

If no one has seen the amateur photo thread recently, I was given the opportunity to go flying with a friend's rental 172 (G or S) so I've been itching to buy one for FS9 (My laptop can't get that good of frames with FSX but 9 it does well) and I just did. It's the Carenado 172N II and I thought, maybe I'll take a picture of the cockpit and replicate it. Well, I don't have the highest quality scenery because I don't always fly at the same location, but it is what it is...

Anyways, here is what I'll replicate and I'll get the replica up tomorrow (hopefully) but it will be out of the left side (and the glass detail might not happen either):
DSC_3339_edited.jpg

Completely forgot all about FSX. Going to download this for my HP.

And @Swagger897 , What would you say your frame rate is? I'm at least hoping for 30 FPS, that would be fine.

Last edited:
I just tested my Carenado 172N at ksea, no rex, no scenery, and little ai and it was maxing at 60 fps (locked).

However, my ImSim KATL with my FeelThere/Wilco ERJ-145XR will only get around 25. That's at night, no clouds, and 2d panel. If I change to any other view it drops to 15+/- 3fps...

I did put FSX on it but it was still too much just for a laptop....

Plus, I have a bunch of FS9 only payware additions which wont transfer, so I think I'm going to stay with it....

The A-10 is actually the easiest to fly, as in move around. Systems wise those, the Su-25 and P-51 are the logical starting points, but they won't help much for the A-10. Even then, it took me about a week to get used to the A-10 and decide how to set my controls, but maybe my experience with Falcon helped there.

Anyway, screenshots from my good computer. This is from a mission I made myself, a two+ hour flight. When the actual fighting started, I forget to take images. I lost my wingman and limped home on one engine, but the mission was accomplished.

Screen_121103_200658.jpg

Screen_121103_200714.jpg

Screen_121103_201002.jpg

Screen_121103_201023.jpg

Screen_121103_201036.jpg

Screen_121103_201348.jpg

Screen_121103_201410.jpg
I like the A-10 for it's WWII-like fighter plane characteristics in how it manuvers and it's usage of (depleted) atomic weaponry with that Gatling gun in the nose to make swiss cheese out any enemy tanks.

A-10 Warthog in 3 words: Ugly, but DEADLY! ;)

Completely forgot all about FSX. Going to download this for my HP.
Via Steam or some other flightsim-related website?

Sometimes you can still find FSX in a store; when I got mine I had to get microsoft tek help becuasse it would not accept the registration code; then I went a bought saitek yoke and throttle and then combat rudder pedals; now I just need to build a sim rig :)

Love virtual flying 👍:cool:

Alright, here they are....

I wish that I could figure out how to increase the anti-aliaising effect.. Some of these would make nice desktops...
KSEA
Screenshot 2015-02-24 23.49.12_edited.jpg

Departure from TNCM yesterday. This flight was from TNCM->MBGT->KMIA. Took 2 hours at FL280 for the first major leg and 4 hours at FL250 for the second remaining leg. What ticked me off is that my IFR flight plan somehow disappeared and I had to tussle with the ATC to allow me to land..
Screenshot 2015-02-25 20.00.38_edited.jpg

Screenshot 2015-02-25 20.05.21_edited.jpg

Screenshot 2015-02-25 20.06.55_edited.jpg

Screenshot 2015-02-25 20.08.06_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Going to try to put FSX on again tonight... I'm quite mad at how the new Carenado S550 ii isn't going to be on FS9 (because right now it's the best looking private jet for any flight simulator)...

If only gulfstream would allow people to model their stuff..

Well.... gonna bump here but sorry..

I tried FSX again, still too much for my laptop so I'm sticking with FS9 until the end.

Other news, I purchased the iFly 747-400V2 and it is marvelous. Everything except the amount of repaints available and the VC fps is excellent.

I have to figure out how to really take advantage of the FMC though, as last night through this morning while only getting a three hour nap (I started around 9:00pm est and landed at roughly 7:00am est, with some 8x fast forwarding) I attempted a KLAX-VHHH flight. I started to speed it up to 8x around the SFO VOR and stopped when I peaked the curve at Alaska. Then I asked someone who was in a PMDG 773 if he could help me reset my FMC. I had no idea how to put in the lat/long points from simbrief so we spent about an hour diving through the correct way, because apparently iFly sets it up differently from PMDG.

Anyways, right now I'm on leg four of my cross-the-world trip, start from EGLL->KATL->KLAX->VHHH->OMAA->EGLL. so maybe tonight I'll finish it off. I've never done something like this in my 10+ years of FS so this is pretty cool I guess you could say. The only thing wrong with it is I started in a Delta Airlines livery but I think I'll finish it off in a Cathay Pacific due to the higher quality repaint (there aren't that many out there so if anyone wants to make an HQ Delta repaint with tail number 582 I'd appreciate that).

And I don't know how you people get such good screenshots... never works for me.
Screenshot 2015-04-09 14.35.02_edited.jpg

Here's hoping the ability to share YouTube videos in this thread is allowed... ;)

Do you think you can land a jumbo jet on a runway that's 1500 meters in length? :mischievous:

This isn't me doing it, but someone whose flight sim videos I have been watching lately. :)

Maybe someone should suggest a virtual fly-in to the airport next to the Circuit de la Sarthe in Le Mans come time for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. :D

Here's hoping the ability to share YouTube videos in this thread is allowed... ;)

Do you think you can land a jumbo jet on a runway that's 1500 meters in length? :mischievous:

This isn't me doing it, but someone whose flight sim videos I have been watching lately. :)

Maybe someone should suggest a virtual fly-in to the airport next to the Circuit de la Sarthe in Le Mans come time for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. :D

lol yeah, not a bad idea. Everyone in their Citation 550 ii's and Citation X's show up, maybe two or three 737 BBJ's and I'll just roll in with my Donald Trump 757.

Update:

Well the VHHH-OMAA flight is done... Now I'm sorta itching to get the FlyTampa OMDB rebooted because apparently it does okay on frames, if not no drop at all (it is a desert so I guess so). The flight however was another full-o-fail, as I prevented myself from running out of fuel entirely (apparently with the live weather I was hitting a 70 knot headwind directly on the nose all the way to OMAA, so my planning skills were a bit piss-poor, even though I planned to carry roughly 23,596 additional pounds of fuel as reserve, and I even topped the number off to 500,000 pounds just to make the load distribution better..

nope.. And above all, I have no idea on international flights what SID and STAR to use anymore.. I'm thinking I'll be getting 13R so I plugged in some MIADA2C STAR, nope, ATC wants me on 31R, the opposite runway, the opposite direction...

If that were VATSIM I'd rather shoot myself in the foot on that flight, let alone the nine hour pause I had to take while doing other things...

EDIT:

So I've already made it clear I purchased the iFLy 747V2... but what I didn't know first-handedly how poor their forum mods are... I try to get a few questions in about the plane and they won't even budge...

After trying out FSX and P3D I was pretty annoyed how unstable they ran with mods. Specially FSX looks like crap and with both being just 32-bit it stays a headache. With X-Plane 10 now in the sale I gave it a try. Downloaded nice Europe country and other continent (photo) sceneries. Also some Dutch airports. Installed them all before ever starting X-Plane, and surprisingly, everything works :eek: With X-Plane now in 64-bit this is excellent! Runs smooth and I can even up the specs some more but my graphics card can't handle that.

Went here and there with the Cirrus..
18736522400_9bbd25b1f1_b.jpg

18301649434_ef9b7b81ac_b.jpg

18739356110_2f20e858ab_b.jpg

Errr, I guess now is not the best time to take off..

Wanted something better, downloaded the freeware A350-1000..
18750390360_0f54d6a109_b.jpg

18315475544_a72f4eb0b0_b.jpg

18938009385_cabddf0166_b.jpg

First time landing ILS on the auto pilot :D Very pleased with X-Plane 10 64-bit! :D

I'm not sure if anyone is actually going to be of any help on this one, but does anyone by chance have the PMDG MD 11 for FS9? If so, is it the boxed version or downloaded, and where did you purchase from?

After trying out FSX and P3D I was pretty annoyed how unstable they ran with mods. Specially FSX looks like crap and with both being just 32-bit it stays a headache.

Run it on a 64-bit system then, unlocks VAS in extended memory. Then it looks a lot better than X-Plane out of the box. Admittedly a decent weather mod is worth having (I use Rex/Gex). X-Plane's roll model just feels too weird to me, it's like flying along a stair-rod.

I'm not sure if anyone is actually going to be of any help on this one, but does anyone by chance have the PMDG MD 11 for FS9? If so, is it the boxed version or downloaded, and where did you purchase from?

As you probably already know you can get that aircraft at www.precisionmanuals.com, I noticed the other day that there are discounts on a few bits and pieces.

I use their 777-200/F a lot, it's bloody brilliant :)

EDIT: I have a great freeware panel for the default 747 that adds a (mostly) working FMC and RALT callouts... PM me if you'd like it. I've never found a good POSKY-style model that doesn't bounce with the ground mesh at hi-res.

7777.jpg 777.jpg VATLANTIC.jpg

Run it on a 64-bit system then, unlocks VAS in extended memory. Then it looks a lot better than X-Plane out of the box. Admittedly a decent weather mod is worth having (I use Rex/Gex). X-Plane's roll model just feels too weird to me, it's like flying along a stair-rod.

As you probably already know you can get that aircraft at www.precisionmanuals.com, I noticed the other day that there are discounts on a few bits and pieces.

I use their 777-200/F a lot, it's bloody brilliant :)

EDIT: I have a great freeware panel for the default 747 that adds a (mostly) working FMC and RALT callouts... PM me if you'd like it. I've never found a good POSKY-style model that doesn't bounce with the ground mesh at hi-res.

View attachment 430621 View attachment 430622 View attachment 430623

And X-Plane looks more plastic than a good modded FSX, like yours I assume. But now I threw some more mods in X-Plane and it doesn't run anymore. Well it could but then I had to put down the graphics but I only like it when it looks good. Need to invest in hardware :P

(Currently: i7 3770k, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, 24gb ram, GTX650Ti)

Got some Vram issues I think...
19111326291_65832e1aed_c.jpg

With my cool own design (stolen from Emirates hehe changed the colors)

Back