Flight Simulators - Add your own screenshots

So I'm just starting to get into flight sims (DCS/Falcon 4) but playing with a pad is...twitchy at best.

Can anyone recommend the DFGT equivalent for a flight stick? Ie. pretty cheap but functional enough that you can have a really good time and will be fine up to the point at which you're spending far too much money on the game anyway and buying a Warthog.
Any joystick that's $30 or less will last you a few years. Anything $50 or more and you're looking for the customization functions they have, and anything over $100 is essentially replica items like HOTAS systems.

I've had the same Saitek ST290 pro for about 10 years now and only for the past year have I noticed the socket start to degrade and twitch to the left now. I don't fly enough now though to fix it so it'll stay as it is. The one thing I wish I had all along though was rudder peddals with variable brakes. What you get with only a joystick is brakes on or brakes off essentially, not the smoothess transitions..

edit: I'll make a quick TL;DR

You can't go wrong with FS joysticks. The FS community is very small, and if you're making bad products literally no one will buy them and you won't see much future production from them. Stick with Logitech/Saitek and you should be good for starter/mid-level controls.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm amazed at how oddly relaxing and pleasant I find simply flying around, I guess especially now that graphics have evolved to the point that from anything above a few hundred metres it can be pretty deceptively realistic. And there's a lot of fun learning the systems of each aircraft.

I'll go down to the local computer shop and see what they've got, and then maybe I can contribute some photos of my own to the thread! :)

So I'm just starting to get into flight sims (DCS/Falcon 4) but playing with a pad is...twitchy at best.

Can anyone recommend the DFGT equivalent for a flight stick? Ie. pretty cheap but functional enough that you can have a really good time and will be fine up to the point at which you're spending far too much money on the game anyway and buying a Warthog.
Im new to this myself ended up getting a barging on gumtree for a warthog and saitek rudder pedals . Having an absolutely ball. Looking into making my own panels in the future for a bit of fun but still learning researching.
Also picked up thrustmaster couger panels from oz game shop at a decent price.
Im really enjoying learning and studying whatever i can.

24697831837_e25a7841db_o.jpg

39535876102_f862456503_o.jpg

24697824997_5d1769af2a_o.jpg

27789007789_8a31cfc302_o.jpg

25695019578_7a6e755403_o.jpg

Im new to this myself ended up getting a barging on gumtree for a warthog and saitek rudder pedals . Having an absolutely ball. Looking into making my own panels in the future for a bit of fun but still learning researching.
Also picked up thrustmaster couger panels from oz game shop at a decent price.
Im really enjoying learning and studying whatever i can.

Nice and welcome to the scene! If you are looking for a nice way to set up your Warthog, I just recently bought these:
MT-50_Bracket_02_0x400.jpg
MT-50_Bracket_03_0x400.jpg

30n4wS5h.jpg

(Not my photo!)
https://virpil.com/en/

Im hoping eventually to build an A10 warthog pit.
24697831837_e25a7841db_o.jpg

39535876102_f862456503_o.jpg

24697824997_5d1769af2a_o.jpg

27789007789_8a31cfc302_o.jpg

25695019578_7a6e755403_o.jpg

Nice and welcome to the scene! If you are looking for a nice way to set up your Warthog, I just recently bought these:
MT-50_Bracket_02_0x400.jpg
MT-50_Bracket_03_0x400.jpg

30n4wS5h.jpg

(Not my photo!)
https://virpil.com/en/
Thanks mate i also found a few places that does flight instruments pannels ect.
One place has these ready for plug in and play.
a10c-cs-ufc_final_1.jpg

But at $ 1200 i almost had a heart attack, i found a much cheaper solution. With this
a-10c_thunderbolt_ufc_panel.jpg

For $40 dollars no wiring or boards included but a board and wire can get for around $20 im not 100% sure how to do it myself yet but lucky i got a mate that does and is willing to teach me.
I know the market for flight sim is not huge , but when you can knock something up for under 100 dollars and someones trying to sell close to the same thing for $1200 , ill stick with a more affordable option

Im hoping eventually to build an A10 warthog pit.

Thanks mate i also found a few places that does flight instruments pannels ect.
One place has these ready for plug in and play.
View attachment 704894
But at $ 1200 i almost had a heart attack, i found a much cheaper solution. With this
View attachment 704895
For $40 dollars no wiring or boards included but a board and wire can get for around $20 im not 100% sure how to do it myself yet but lucky i got a mate that does and is willing to teach me.
I know the market for flight sim is not huge , but when you can knock something up for under 100 dollars and someones trying to sell close to the same thing for $1200 , ill stick with a more affordable option

That's awesome, I hope your buddy can do it! I love the A-10 and have my most hours in the A-10 actually. Not really active in the A-10 lately but I might will be in the future :)
23452591552_1da1c526f7_o.jpg

Nevada is great for simulating anti terror activities

View attachment 706578 Has anyone had any experience with slaw pedals?
Been looking into them

Looks epic but no experience. At the moment I have Saitek combat pedals, not the best but it's okay for now.

This is my setup at the moment. I need something to put my keyboard and mouse on because typing now is less comfortable. Enough holes left in the mounts to put something through... Need to think this one out.

Looks epic but no experience. At the moment I have Saitek combat pedals, not the best but it's okay for now.

This is my setup at the moment. I need something to put my keyboard and mouse on because typing now is less comfortable. Enough holes left in the mounts to put something through... Need to think this one out.

I got the same pedals had to take the apart for a bit of a clean up.the brakes a bit sticky.
Could you possibly mount some rail sliders underneath the desk so you can pull your keyboard out ?

I got the same pedals had to take the apart for a bit of a clean up.the brakes a bit sticky.
Could you possibly mount some rail sliders underneath the desk so you can pull your keyboard out ?

That is possible, might do that! The desk is thick enough to screw something in.

I haven’t for quite sometime due to work and life commitments, I can still play games and sims that are easier to pick up and put down but can’t invest serious time into like I did with flight sims sadly. I just have to figure out how to strike it rich

Jay
I haven’t for quite sometime due to work and life commitments, I can still play games and sims that are easier to pick up and put down but can’t invest serious time into like I did with flight sims sadly. I just have to figure out how to strike it rich

Don't wel all :lol: Most of the times I have to pause my flight and come back later to finish it.

44673253760_6c85471fe4_b.jpg

45766751634_7d39791638_b.jpg

31550374717_5d563c8877_b.jpg

Been mucking round with this,no its not mine just lucky enough to help and old bloke out occasionally.
View attachment 791682

That's sick! You guys trying to make everything work like the real thing?

I actually went in the flight simulator couple of weeks ago, was a present from my dad. It was the 'real' 737-800 simulator. Moving cockpit and everything. Pretty cool to have this for yourself.

That's sick! You guys trying to make everything work like the real thing?

I actually went in the flight simulator couple of weeks ago, was a present from my dad. It was the 'real' 737-800 simulator. Moving cockpit and everything. Pretty cool to have this for yourself.
Not mine just help out on it sometimes, it actually turned me off making one it cost the bloke his marriage house and sanity lol.

Fun arnt they
I'll try & upload the video, unfortunately I don't know if I can say where I experienced this as I don't want to get the company/people in trouble, as it is an actual training facility for pilots & normally costs about £800 or more per session.

But the reality of these multi million £ simulators is absolutely crazy, from accelerating down the runway & taking off to pitching & simulating turbulence is so real compared to how I've felt it as a passenger, but to actually get the chance to do it myself for free was absolutely fantastic.

I can't remember what plane it was simulating but it was a passenger plane, just not as big as a B747 or a A380.

It's dark & not very informative but here is the video.

Last edited:
Back