Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get the driver graphics up for the recent pictures tomorrow since my mouse at home sucks and I can't get it to steady correctly without screwing things up.

Sounds like you need a trackball son.
Please tell me it's a laser mouse, Turbo. Otherwise, all I can say that buying one is cheaper than the DLC. :lol:

HP laser mouse. I used one just like it at work and didn't have an issue, I think it's my netbook. Maybe the mouse software needs updated or something.

HP laser mouse. I used one just like it at work and didn't have an issue, I think it's my netbook. Maybe the mouse software needs updated or something.
Could be either the surface you're using, something in the mouse settings or messed up drivers. If it's the netbook itself, sounds like a good excuse to buy something new and shiny for the holidays. That's what I did last year. :sly:

On a side note, how does the pic I sent you look on your computer? I can't stand how low res my car pic looks like and I'm wondering whether just I'm bad at taking good pictures. :lol:

Could be either the surface you're using, something in the mouse settings or messed up drivers. If it's the netbook itself, sounds like a good excuse to buy something new and shiny for the holidays. That's what I did last year. :sly:

Yeah with who's money? :lol:

On a side note, how does the pic I sent you look on your computer? I can't stand how low res my car pic looks like and I'm wondering whether just I'm bad at taking good pictures. :lol:

Haven't transferred it yet.

Man, that guy is fast. Would if/who will beat him for times, when all is said and done?
Not I, based on my races with him. :lol:
I'm still trying to get in the 14s. 24 hours with the car so far for me... how long have you all been practicing?

Please don't say Tues. Day.:nervous:
I've spent a lot of time at Spa just to get acquainted with the track. With the others, took me half an hour to have competitive times except for Turbo's track where I'm still struggling to get anything lower than a 1:36 where others are easily in the 35s.
Yeah with who's money? :lol:
Mine. :dopey:
Haven't transferred it yet.
Okay. I still have the replay in case you want something better. 👍

I'm going to transfer them now then hit the sack.

Also, I added a graphic/link to the 3rd post that sends you to the new points table.

Everyone let me know if it's easy enough to find or if I need to make it stand out better.

I'm going to transfer them now then hit the sack.

Also, I added a graphic/link to the 3rd post that sends you to the new points table.

Everyone let me know if it's easy enough to find or if I need to make it stand out better.
48 drivers...:eek:
But yeah, if I hadn't been looking, I never would have found it, almost gave up and asked what you were talking about as it is.:lol:

It looks good knowing it's there, but definitely something attracting attention would serve well.👍

Click on each schedule graphic for race results.

For the less fortunate.

It's not that it needs to stand out more. It should just be placed differently. In the first post at least. Both even.

What a snappy D3, love it so much <3.

You guys are gonna have a tough time in D2 xD, adding Forced to the mix will make it even more interesting.

I think in the OP right below the first line of image's would work nicely, but maybe a black background with white writing would draw attention to it nicely. IDK, if I had all that stuff and was playing around making these images I'd go nuts, so maybe I'm not the best guy for advice on that then. :D

- Side note -

Nepalli's number 30!
27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37 :lol:
But hell, 51 more drivers and we're out of numbers altogether. :)

I'm going to get the driver graphics up for the recent pictures tomorrow since my mouse at home sucks and I can't get it to steady correctly without screwing things up.

I took my pic last night and shared it. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll figure out how to download it to a flash drive.

I am slated to be the host for D3. However, I know of a couple people that have had lag issues in my room. Someone else offered to host it, and I would be fine with that. Might actually come in handy this Sunday, as I will be at an Auto-X all day, and could run a little late.

I am slated to be the host for D3. However, I know of a couple people that have had lag issues in my room. Someone else offered to host it, and I would be fine with that. Might actually come in handy this Sunday, as I will be at an Auto-X all day, and could run a little late.

Cool what car/type/class?

Currently running a CRX Si in STS. I might be driving a CSP Miata next year, though. Actually, if I can make everything work money wise, I WILL be driving the Miata.

Last edited:
Currently running a CRX Si in STS. I might be driving a CSP Miata next year, though. Actually, if I can make everything work money wise, I WILL be driving the Miata.
So many Hondas in autocross, I'm shocked honda hasn't put that in there advertising.
Hope that Miata works out.
Then this is all practice for you 👍

IIRC Wardez was going to be the regular host for D3.
If he can't I'm available and I know my internet is rock solid; never had lag issues in my rooms.
Mule is also in D3 as a known-good host.

as an aside: it looks like we're going to have a 100 page thread before the first race this season. :lol:

I'll get the host stuff worked out today, and also try to get the race info post up for the first race.

Thanks for the info on the points standings link. I'm going to leave the graphic as-is, but post it in more than one spot.

I've already said that I can host D3 if needed, but it seems more likely that it'll end up being Wardez, especially since I'm not 100% for race 1

Also, this snap exit oversteer coming out of the tight corners on GP/F is getting really frustrating, even moreso when I know there's nothing I can do to the car to fix it.

Really keeping me from getting a decent time.

MÜLE_9242;6144225
I've already said that I can host D3 if needed, but it seems more likely that it'll end up being Wardez, especially since I'm not 100% for race 1

Also, this snap exit oversteer coming out of the tight corners on GP/F is getting really frustrating, even moreso when I know there's nothing I can do to the car to fix it.

Really keeping me from getting a decent time.

That will go away once you get more comfortable with the wheel.
Hardest thing to get used to is remembering to unwind the wheel as you power down out of a corner.
I've noticed this car wants less input than any other car I've driven once you've put the throttle back on.
The two tight hairpins at Nurb are also two corners that require very good technique as well (the hairpin before the Schumacher esses being the best example, reduce steering input as you power out and the oversteer goes away) so it's even more important.

I'll get the host stuff worked out today, and also try to get the race info post up for the first race.

Thanks for the info on the points standings link. I'm going to leave the graphic as-is, but post it in more than one spot.
When are we to show up for D3. 5:00pm EST ? or 5:45pm EST?
Thanks.

When are we to show up for D3. 5:00pm EST ? or 5:45pm EST?
Thanks.

As close to when the room opens as possible. That gives everyone 45 minutes to get in there and ready to qualify. If you miss qualifying, you start at the back, if you miss the start of the race you're out of luck. :sly:

Be there 5pm EST.

(the hairpin before the Schumacher esses being the best example, reduce steering input as you power out and the oversteer goes away)
That's probably where I lose the most time. It just snaps loss. Horrible oversteer. Yet, the car understeers every where else?. Still looking for a grip line there.

P.S I use a DS3.

That's probably where I lose the most time. It just snaps loss. Horrible oversteer. Yet, the car understeers every where else?. Still looking for a grip line there.

P.S I use a DS3.

Double apexing that corner helps with the oversteer.

As close to when the room opens as possible. That gives everyone 45 minutes to get in there and ready to qualify. If you miss qualifying, you start at the back, if you miss the start of the race you're out of luck. :sly:

Be there 5pm EST.

Thanks.👍
The reason I asked was, some people say not to enter, so as not to disturb set-up.

Edit:
Double apexing that corner helps with the oversteer.
Yes, but in some of the test races, that left massive room for some one to steal the second apex.

P.S will penalty be on during the race? You can run wide badly in some corners?. But GT5's penalty system, has got some of the track borders to close IMHO.

Last edited:

Ahh, another autocrosser eh??? You go to Nationals this year? I missed winning the STR Jacket this year in Lincoln by .002 :) Click Linky->
http://www.scca.com/news/index.cfm?cid=46250

Field of 64 drivers and 8 National Champs I was leading after day one by two tenths, but hit the last cone on the course on day 2 to cone away a nearly .7 s win! Too bad, but it was a blast, and still finished 2nd by .002s sitting on my second run! Just hopped in the car on Wednesday too, lol Here's a shot of me on Day1:
1799.jpg

I'll be back next year in a BS CR (hopefully). We should meet up in the paddock!

Nice pic, Forced. No wonder you are so quick in GT5! Must be a piece of cake for you 👍. I feel great with the fact that I am facing real life drivers in here, and also drivers that made into the finals of GT Academy. Hopefully I can stick with you guys because its with you guys that I can learn. I can only improve with the best. 👍

Ahh, another autocrosser eh??? You go to Nationals this year? I missed winning the STR Jacket this year in Lincoln by .002 :)

Nice! Keeping up with Thorne is no easy task. Kid is GOOD! *edit* Just read you were leading until you hit the cone! Dang, that is tough.

I was, indeed, there. Got 6th in STS this year. Was second last year. :D I had a terrible time on Hollis' course. Dunno why, as it should have suited me. Just couldn't get it together. The CSP car I am looking to drive is the Becker/McCabe car. Last event I was .0025 off McCabe in it. Reminded me so much of my old SM2 Miata. Just a bit slower in the straights, but faster in the turns! LOL

Definitely, on getting together in the paddock! It is my home lot, so if you ever need any suggestions on places to eat or anything, let me know!

Nice pic, Forced. No wonder you are so quick in GT5! Must be a piece of cake for you 👍. I feel great with the fact that I am facing real life drivers in here, and also drivers that made into the finals of GT Academy. Hopefully I can stick with you guys because its with you guys that I can learn. I can only improve with the best. 👍

Thx Nepal :) Remember though, just because you are fast in real life, doesn't make you fast in GT5. Same goes the other way around. But both skill sets set a good platform for the other. No doubt, GT5 is not 100% like real life, same for iracing. In that regard, real-life habits (good habits) can hurt the learning curve going to sims. But once you realize "how to drive" a simulator, you can adapt and the build on that. GT5 has gotten much easier for me, but it's definitely not a piece of cake! hahaha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back