Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder since you live in Arizona and they don't follow Daylight Savings Time. When I used to live in Vegas, that confused me everytime I hopped across. :ouch: I did a trial and there's two options for EST, Georgetown and New York. What in the world? :grumpy: :lol:

(Based on the description, I'd choose Georgetown but what do I know? I'm a West Coast guy.)
I only know of one EST, I imagine they're the same, either way,

Division 1 start is 1pm PST, 2pm MST, 3pm CST, 4pm EST, 9pm GMT/UTC

Division 2 start is 7pm PST, 8pm MST, 9pm CST, 10pm EST, 3am GMT/UTC

Division 3 start is 3pm PST, 4pm MST, 5pm CST, 6pm EST, 11pm GMT/UTC

I used the converter supposing a race for today, at 6pm EST. I got 8pm as my race time here in Brazil.

But the race is on 6pm EST on sunday (new daylight saving time), using the converter, i got a different time. The new race time will be 9 pm for me in Brazil.

Is that correct?
No, if you got a different time, one was EDT, one was EST.
That's the difference people miss in this utterly stupid tradition we have.(daylight savings time)

EDT: Eastern daylight time.
EST: Eastern standard time.

I guess it has been. But I guess I miss quite a lot due to every time I get on there are at least 3 pages to look through in this thread. Sometimes I just don't want to look through 'em. :P

Scan the OP frequently then... it gets updated whenever there is important information you should know.

No wonder since you live in Arizona and they don't follow Daylight Savings Time. When I used to live in Vegas, that confused me everytime I hopped across. :ouch: I did a trial and there's two options for EST, Georgetown and New York. What in the world? :grumpy: :lol:

(Based on the description, I'd choose Georgetown but what do I know? I'm a West Coast guy.)

always use NYC... Manhattan is the God of Eastern Time.
It's all based on the idiocy in the USA where DST adherence is done not at a Federal or State level.. but actually County.
Like, check this insanity out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana

Before they started trying to standardize the insanity there was a cafe on the confluence of 4 counties where (yes I watch the food network):
1 was Eastern with DST
1 was Eastern standard only
1 was Central with DST
1 was Central standard only

So during the summer they had 4 clocks on the wall which were all an hour apart (and all correct depending on which direction you drove in from) and they served lunch specials at 12-noon 4 times a day.

Daylight Savings Time is so 18th century, it really needs to go away.

I used the converter supposing a race for today, at 6pm EST. I got 8pm as my race time here in Brazil.

But the race is on 6pm EST on sunday (new daylight saving time), using the converter, i got a different time. The new race time will be 9 pm for me in Brazil.

Is that correct?

If you want to double check convert 11pm GMT to your time.

Scan the OP frequently then... it gets updated whenever there is important information you should know.

always use NYC... Manhattan is the God of Eastern Time.
It's all based on the idiocy in the USA where DST adherence is done not at a Federal or State level.. but actually County.
Like, check this insanity out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana

Before they started trying to standardize the insanity there was a cafe on the confluence of 4 counties where (yes I watch the food network):
1 was Eastern with DST
1 was Eastern standard only
1 was Central with DST
1 was Central standard only

So during the summer they had 4 clocks on the wall which were all an hour apart (and all correct depending on which direction you drove in from) and they served lunch specials at 12-noon 4 times a day.

Daylight Savings Time is so 18th century, it really needs to go away.
300px-UTC_TZ_hue4map_USA-IN.svg.png

Truth IS stranger then fiction! :eek:

Are you saying out of the series? Heck no, but sadly I won't get in the first race.

So you cannot race at 10pm your time? Just making absolute sure before I take you off the list active list.

Edit: Updated points standings sheet with country flags. 👍

Last edited:
So you cannot race at 10pm your time? Just making absolute sure before I take you off the list active list.

Edit: Updated points standings sheet with country flags. 👍

No wait! I just said next Sunday. Due to a football game. I don't watch, by my dad does. So no play for me. I could make the other races... I think. As long as the Ravens aren't playing around 10. :lol: :(

Alright I left you on the list and just marked you with a DNS in the points table along with Brosif and Egghead who are also missing the first race.

Umm, the 49ers game is on a Thursday and the season ends before the Chargers game.

The calender thing when you click on the time in the bottom right (Windows XP) shows those two dates as Sunday. :confused: That, or there is something wrong with my eyes.

But I'll take your word for it and move on! :)

I said my dad watches football. I lose TV rights when a Ravens game is on. :lol: Unless you mean something else.

Umm... Hello...

(Dane Cook?) :lol:

Edit: I won't be on the internet until tomorrow evening some time at the earliest, so if anyone needs anything important like, message one of the stewards. 👍

Last edited:
I am a little late to the game here. I registered to do the Flyin Miata supercup but I am not sure what I need to do to get the car and get in the race. Do I have to pay for the DLC? Please forgive if I missed this. I didn't want to read a 104 page thread to find the info. Facebook link maybe? Thanks for anyone who points me in the right direction.

Dane Cook? I have no idea who that is. :boggled: Time for Google!

It's from one of his skits. He's talking about people cutting him off while he's driving, and he says something about those words being what everyone says when they get cut off. "Umm...Hello...". :lol: Here's a video:

Edit: some foul language. :D

I am a little late to the game here. I registered to do the Flyin Miata supercup but I am not sure what I need to do to get the car and get in the race. Do I have to pay for the DLC? Please forgive if I missed this. I didn't want to read a 104 page thread to find the info. Facebook link maybe? Thanks for anyone who points me in the right direction.

DLC packs are required, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back