FM4 Collector's Edition Announced

II-zOoLoGy-II

(Banned)
United States
F YOU
Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector's Edition

June 27, 2011by BRIAN EKBERG

The long wait is nearly over. Starting October 11, Forza Motorsport 4 will be unleashed, and the world of automotive entertainment will never be the same. Featuring unmatched graphics and innovative features designed to push the racing genre in brand new directions, Forza 4 will be the ultimate playground for car fans. Today we've got the details on the Limited Collector's Edition of Forza Motorsport 4, which is also arriving starting on October 11.

Bundled together in a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector's Edition content will include the following:

The VIP Car Pack:
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Noble M600
2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity "Ship Bonus" car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT-8
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

The Limited Collector's Edition will also include a ten-car add-on pack featuring a selection of the best classic American muscle cars. In addition, there will be custom-designed BMW cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace) selected as part of the "Forza Motorsport 4 BMW Design Challenge.", as well as "Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear," a gorgeous 96-page volume written by the editors at Top Gear. It features 96-pages of fantastic imagery both from Forza 4 and from Top Gear's extensive photo library, as well as insightful commentary accompanying the in-game Autovista experience. Other goodies include: a set of vinyl stickers featuring the logos of "Forza Motorsport 4," "Top Gear" and "Turn 10;" VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the Forza community, leaderboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more; and an exclusive BMW theme available for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

In addition to all the sweet stuff above, one of best reasons to get the LCE version of Forza 4 is the 2012 BMW M5, unveiled for the first time as the newest addition to the Forza 4 lineup at this weekend's 24 Hour of Nürburgring race event in Germany. The new BMW M5 will be drivable first in Forza Motorsport 4 and will also be featured on the cover of the LCE version of the game. That means the stunning super-sedan will be automatically included in the LCE version of Forza 4, and all Xbox LIVE members will be able to download the car to drive. In addition, fans will be able to explore the meticulous design and impeccable execution of the BMW M5 via Autovista mode, where Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson will take fans on a virtual tour of the world's most sought-after cars.

FM4-LCE-Art_1.jpg

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/LCE_ForzaMotorsport4/

Priced at $79.99 (US) and available now for pre-order.

Last edited:
People...take note. Lot's of RUF talk there and no Porsche talk. Could the VW/Porsche agreement put the Porsche fire out?

That said, I WILL be getting the LCE...FACT.

Sold.

I don't care if the VIP status is offered down the line.

Just hope the print is big enough in the TG booklet as I couldn't even read the GT one.

Hmm evidence certainly seems to suggest the lack of Porsche this time.

Damn that would be a huge blow for me.
Love driving the R/R drivetrains.

Oh well GT2RS liveries to make up and put in the correct spec engine.

Closest we will get I suppose.

Maybe we could wrangle them out of EA via DLC. They would have to take a cut.

Bah.

If there is no Porsche I wont forgive Turn10 ever!!!! Make the deal, give up the first born if need be, just get it done! Ok, that being said the fact that they were in the game for this long and not now would only tell me this is on EA's side big time. Obviously Turn10 has no problem forking over the dough to get the license unless the terms are starting to get out of hand.

I've NEVER bought LCE stuff in my life. I came dangerously close to doing so with GT5 but being able to get the regular copy a week early killed that. Well it put it on hold, the game killed that. So I didn't get that. I didn't get FM3 LCE either. I never buy any of these things but this may be my first time. Would have been nice if it came with a die-cast car but I guess I could go down to the local hobby store and build my own. Hell I might do that now just to pass the time. (Confession, I did a few weeks ago but this guy's car collection sucked, seems this local hobby store is into more dungeon and dragons than anything else. They call themselves the "anti-internet" jokingly)

I gotta know the price of this first though. I ain't kicking out a buck fifty for it. Don't care what they got in it.

I will be getting this edition, but it kills me that I can't get a wheel here... And buying one from abroad will cost me about twice as much :(

If there is no Porsche I wont forgive Turn10 ever!!!! Make the deal, give up the first born if need be, just get it done! Ok, that being said the fact that they were in the game for this long and not now would only tell me this is on EA's side big time. Obviously Turn10 has no problem forking over the dough to get the license unless the terms are starting to get out of hand.

Keep in mind, they might have had no say, and no amount of money might have allowed them to get Porsche in the game now. We will see, but it's looking bleak.

I might be skipping this le. Was in fm3 le reorder and to be honest it was just ok. It wasntwas super special like t10u hyped it to be. I think ill get the normal version now, wait a year and get the fuc later on. I do want the rufs. All of them available. And I SERIOUSLY hope porches is still in it

Well, it's the VIP stuff and extra cars that sold me on FM3 CE. The USB and key ring were not really that much to me. I do like that this has the tin case.

I got the LCE of FM3 just so i could get the Porsche Gt3 RS....now there might not be any porsches...I hope they can work something out.

I will probably still get the collectors edition, now I need to figure out which company's pre-order car will be the best.

Well, it's the VIP stuff and extra cars that sold me on FM3 CE. The USB and key ring were not really that much to me. I do like that this has the tin case.

For me T10 gave us a huge slap to the face with how they handled VIP/LE and the whole FUC thing. I mean I wasn't expecting it to be the cream of the crop but I was expecting a lot more out of it.

Early adopters who preordered the more expensive, and limited, edition (like me) are more likely the ones who followed on buying most if not all DLC (like me). I'm fine a year or more later a FUC coming out. It's the whole exclusive cars to the FUC that are not available to anyone that's a big slap to the face. T10 only missed 1 DLC from their promised 1 DLC/month so I'll give them some slack on that. Early adopting, preordering, LE owners should have been gifted the 3 FUC DLC cars for free. I know that I'll buy the standard version now, skip out on most (cuz there will always be a car I need to have in a DLC) and rebuy a FUC4 later on which will include EVERYTHING for much cheaper.

T10 aren't allowed to advertise their sub-licensing of Porsche as per the EA deal of old, so I'm not panicking just yet.

T10 aren't allowed to advertise their sub-licensing of Porsche as per the EA deal of old, so I'm not panicking just yet.

I've read that a few times now, fingers crossed that it's actually true. Not having Porsche would be a huge blow to FM4... Or racing games in general. Need for Speed being the only game that has Porsche... No thanks, I don't want that.

Regarding the FM4 LCE:
Shut_up_and_take_my_money_RE_Gues_what_this_is-s500x313-149402-580.jpg

2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport < Want, kinda
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge < Want
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera < Want
2010 Noble M600 < Want
2011 RUF Rt 12 R < Blargh, RUF...

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe < Meh
2011 Koenigsegg Agera < Want
1997 Lexus SC300 < Want
2011 RUF RGT-8 < Blargh, RUF...
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport < Blargh, green stuff

"Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear" < Want, kinda

2012 BMW M5 < DO WANT!!

Personally, I think it offers better value than the FM3 LCE. I'll be ordering it asap, no question asked. Even without Porsche, FM3 still had the best car line up. So... Well, yeah, I'd be disappointed, but, I can deal with that.

Keep in mind, they might have had no say, and no amount of money might have allowed them to get Porsche in the game now. We will see, but it's looking bleak.

Amen.

Really, nobody sits in a meeting about game design and slams their fist down on the table and says "I want no Porsches in the game!" or "I forbid Ferraris!". This stuff is all about licensing agreements and cost. Same no matter if it is Forza, GT5, or Shift.

2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport < Want, kinda
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge < Want
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera < Want
2010 Noble M600 < Want
2011 RUF Rt 12 R < Blargh, RUF...

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe < Want
2011 Koenigsegg Agera < Want
1997 Lexus SC300 < Want, kinda
2011 RUF RGT-8 < Blargh, RUF...
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport < Blargh, green stuff

"Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear" < Want, kinda

2012 BMW M5 < DO WANT!!

My edits ;)

I just dont want another FUC debacle where i cant use an SLS or LFA.

That's probably gonna happen though, but I can't say that I'm particularily worried about what's going to happen a year or so after the game's release.

Let's hope they make that stuff available as usual DLC this time around. Seems liek they did that with ssome of the LCE's content already, so they appearently learned from FM3. I hope so, at least.

Hmm evidence certainly seems to suggest the lack of Porsche this time.

Damn that would be a huge blow for me.
Love driving the R/R drivetrains.
Bah.

Stop feeding this dumb notion. Porsche was confirmed in the first released Fm4 trailer. T10 gives small hints with everything they put out. @ 0:36 Porsche GT3 RSR. Cant see wich team though. But Do NOT worry Porsche will be in. 👍

If this game is good I seriously might buy an xbox if this is good. This would be the only game but I'm seriously thinking of it.

Stop feeding this dumb notion. Porsche was confirmed in the first released Fm4 trailer. T10 gives small hints with everything they put out. @ 0:36 Porsche GT3 RSR. Cant see wich team though. But Do NOT worry Porsche will be in. 👍

There was also a snake in that trailer, so does that mean that we will have snakes slithering around the tracks?

That wasn't even in-game footage. There were a bunch of cars in that scene. Doesn't mean anything IMO.

Latest Posts

Back