FM4 Collector's Edition Announced

Stop feeding this dumb notion. Porsche was confirmed in the first released Fm4 trailer. T10 gives small hints with everything they put out. @ 0:36 Porsche GT3 RSR. Cant see wich team though. But Do NOT worry Porsche will be in. đź‘Ť

Might be true. It's an indicator that Porsche might be in, but the trailer's a bit dated now, so if there are licensing issues, they might have started afterwards. Anyways, we'll see how it turns out.

The trailer also showed off road.

There was also a snake in that trailer, so does that mean that we will have snakes slithering around the tracks?

Wanna Bet? it is highly likely that Horses and Bulls will also include the list..:)

116_0601_07z+2007_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500+grill_view.jpg

That wasn't even in-game footage. There were a bunch of cars in that scene. Doesn't mean anything IMO.

Do you really think they will release a video with cars that will not be included in the game?()
Do you really think that they will show nightshots and not release it in the final game?
Do you really think that they will just make an announcement trailer with some cars and some snow and dirt tracks without expecting major backlash from the communicty once it is scrapped from the final game??

No I expect everything we saw in that video including nightracing, Porsche and RUF and Dirt tracks.

Do you really think they will release a video with cars that will not be included in the game?()
Do you really think that they will show nightshots and not release it in the final game?
Do you really think that they will just make an announcement trailer with some cars and some snow and dirt tracks without expecting major backlash from the communicty once it is scrapped from the final game??

No I expect everything we saw in that video including nightracing, Porsche and RUF and Dirt tracks.

Actually yes. All of that is possible. They have shown things and not given them to us before (the Challenger wheelie in the F3 intro). In fact I will guarantee you that we wont get all of those. We may get one or 2 but not all. Guaranteed

T10 aren't allowed to advertise their sub-licensing of Porsche as per the EA deal of old, so I'm not panicking just yet.
Ding ding. Winner.

Uh, yeah, b/c they did the samething in the past.

You aren't taking into account things like licensing issues, development roadblocks, etc. Unless it's shown in the game, a trailer showing what T10 would like FM4 to turn out as, isn't proof that features/cars shown will actually be implemented.

I wonder if they will do a FM4 Collectors Edition with 360 bundle because that would be something I would be interested in :) Would have been nice if they had included a 1:43 model car but I guess that would have been too samey as GT5.

Actually yes. All of that is possible. They have shown things and not given them to us before (the Challenger wheelie in the F3 intro). In fact I will guarantee you that we wont get all of those. We may get one or 2 but not all. Guaranteed

We will see enough :D

Isn't there some sort of agreement with EA saying that Turn 10 can't use Porsche as advertisement? Wouldn't this mean that they wouldn't include Porsche in anything so far, as its all considered as advertising the game. Which will also include LCE DLC, as its supposed to advertise the LCE with extra cars.
Just my thought though.

Well, when the LCE DLC for FM3 was announced, there was a Porsche among the cars, so I really don't know.
Yes, but due to the agreement, that actually caused a bit of a stir as well since the photo of GT3 RS wasn't actually supposed to be shown.

I absolutely despise the fact that people who pre-order a certain edition get different cars others aren't able to get. I think GT5 did this correctly, where everyone has access to the cars but the people who pre-ordered got a special edition of the car. It's dumb for people to not even be able to purchase some cars because they can't fork out the extra dough for the Collector's Edition.

That being said, I'll have the Collector's Edition on day one. :dopey: I still feel everyone should get the cars...

Parker

I absolutely despise the fact that people who pre-order a certain edition get different cars others aren't able to get. I think GT5 did this correctly, where everyone has access to the cars but the people who pre-ordered got a special edition of the car. It's dumb for people to not even be able to purchase some cars because they can't fork out the extra dough for the Collector's Edition.

That being said, I'll have the Collector's Edition on day one. :dopey: I still feel everyone should get the cars...

Parker

Dude thats like saying Ferrari shouldn't make a GTO or a Scuderia for that matter. Its really cheap for the extra content you get so stop complaining its expensive and just make sure you get your Lce because you do not want too mis out on those.

Hotspitta
Dude thats like saying Ferrari shouldn't make a GTO or a Scuderia for that matter. Its really cheap for the extra content you get so stop complaining its expensive and just make sure you get your Lce because you do not want too mis out on those.

Please, quit trolling the forums.

I will be grabbing the limited edition, always have in the Forza and GT games with the Signature in GT5. Was hoping for a Signature style FM4, but that LE version will do forsure.

Thats the whole point of getting the LCE for me, if they open up those select few cars for everyone that totally diminishes the exclusivity of those LIMITED collectors edition cars.

Its because their only avalible through the LCE that makes those cars special, Like the ZR1 corvette in FM3, i cant tell you how many people desperatly wanted that car but were not able get one.

It was a great car, easily the best of all the vettes, taking one out in multiplayer was awesome, just like owning a highly desirable paintjob, or a top leaderboard tune, possessing those things have a value thats in many ways directly related to there rarity or difficulty in obtaining.

Put it this way..... Supercars wouldnt be "super" if everybody had one.

Thats the whole point of getting the LCE for me, if they open up those select few cars for everyone that totally diminishes the exclusivity of those LIMITED collectors edition cars.

Its because their only avalible through the LCE that makes those cars special, Like the ZR1 corvette in FM3, i cant tell you how many people desperatly wanted that car but were not able get one.

It was a great car, easily the best of all the vettes, taking one out in multiplayer was awesome, just like owning a highly desirable paintjob, or a top leaderboard tune, possessing those things have a value thats in many ways directly related to there rarity or difficulty in obtaining.

Put it this way..... Supercars wouldnt be "super" if everybody had one.

See, I still disagree with that. I feel that if people pay their $60 for the game they should be able to get all the content on the disc (I'm assuming the VIP pack will just "unlock" the cars) and a Collector's Edition should have physical items like a scale car, booklet, or something like that. If you buy a racing game, I expect you to be able to race with all the cars in the game.

That is just my personal opinion though, and I completely respect the fact you disagree. It won't really matter to me either way though, as I'll be pre-ordering this Collector's Edition next time I'm in town.

Parker

See, I still disagree with that. I feel that if people pay their $60 for the game they should be able to get all the content on the disc (I'm assuming the VIP pack will just "unlock" the cars

What causes someone to think they're entitled to things because they're digital? Just because it can be fit on the disc before it ships doesn't mean it's valueless. It didn't come out of thin air, did it? Someone was paid to make it, it was a cost outside the scope of the main game, but you think you deserve it for the same price. This is the mentality that often leads to piracy, which is considered a crime in most areas of the world. In other words, society thinks this is not a productive attitude and it's not fair to anyone who produces digital wares.

You can't very well make a Limited Edition if you don't limit it, can you?

Last edited:

Parker

Don't worry about it, all those cars will probably hit the Xbox Live marketplace anyway.

What causes someone to think they're entitled to things because they're digital? Just because it can be fit on the disc before it ships doesn't mean it's valueless. It didn't come out of thin air, did it? Someone was paid to make it, it was a cost outside the scope of the main game, but you think you deserve it for the same price. This is the mentality that often leads to piracy, which is considered a crime in most areas of the world. In other words, society thinks this is not a productive attitude and it's not fair to anyone who produces digital wares.

You can't very well make a Limited Edition if you don't limit it, can you?

Like I said earlier, I just have one of many opinions. I feel release day DLC (which is essentially what this is, but to a different degree, and not as insulting due to it being in a limited edition package) is a slap in the face to gamers. If you can have something ready by the time your game ships, it more than likely is already on the disc, and you're paying extra on top of what you've already paid to access that content.

If you bought a 4000rwhp car, you'd expect the car to have 400rwhp, correct? Release day DLC is like buying a 400rwhp car, only to find out you only have 200rwhp, and have to pay extra to access to other 200rwhp your engine is capable of achieving. Bad analogy, but I think my point of view is clear.

I also want to let you know, this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to state it's a fact and my way is the only way that's correct, and I apologize if I came across like that. I was just trying to state my opinion on the matter. And like I've said befire, ultimately it won't even matter because I'm going to purchase the Collector's Edition.

Parker

Like I said earlier, I just have one of many opinions. I feel release day DLC (which is essentially what this is, but to a different degree, and not as insulting due to it being in a limited edition package) is a slap in the face to gamers. If you can have something ready by the time your game ships, it more than likely is already on the disc, and you're paying extra on top of what you've already paid to access that content.

If you bought a 4000rwhp car, you'd expect the car to have 400rwhp, correct? Release day DLC is like buying a 400rwhp car, only to find out you only have 200rwhp, and have to pay extra to access to other 200rwhp your engine is capable of achieving. Bad analogy, but I think my point of view is clear.

I also want to let you know, this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to state it's a fact and my way is the only way that's correct, and I apologize if I came across like that. I was just trying to state my opinion on the matter. And like I've said befire, ultimately it won't even matter because I'm going to purchase the Collector's Edition.

Parker

What bugs me even more, is when you purches DLC, you still need to buy them in game. This point i can not understand. Why do I need to buy them twice, at least i should be able to buy then at much lower price in game, especially when i can not sell them in Auction house.

What bugs me even more, is when you purches DLC, you still need to buy them in game. This point i can not understand. Why do I need to buy them twice, at least i should be able to buy then at much lower price in game, especially when i can not sell them in Auction house.

I could see how that would be annoying, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I know Shift 2 just adds the cars to your garage when you purchase the DLC which I do prefer, but money usually isn't to hard to come by in games so it isn't a huge deal for me if I have to purchase the car with in game credits.

It does make more sense to just add the car to your garage though, seeing as you just paid real money for the car.

Parker

I could see how that would be annoying, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I know Shift 2 just adds the cars to your garage when you purchase the DLC which I do prefer, but money usually isn't to hard to come by in games so it isn't a huge deal for me if I have to purchase the car with in game credits.

It does make more sense to just add the car to your garage though, seeing as you just paid real money for the car.

Parker

Money maybe isn't hard to come by, but the time to make money is :-(, hence where my problem is.

peobryant

Parker

Actually, they do exactly what you just said. They get a few more hp out of the Superleggera than the regular Gallardo and sell the Superleggera for more.

RaceSimCentral is now saying this will cost $79.99 USD.
Sounds decent. It'll probably be 79.99€ here, which is, well more, if we're considering exchange rates, but, whatever :lol:

You bought the game with your own money as well. By that logic, you'd be entitled to have every car in your garage from the start. I don't think that's how it should work.
You're paying for the license to use the data T10 provides you with, the car models and the like, not to actually own the cars in game.

When you're buying an expansion pack for a game, do you expect all missions to be solved directly after downloading it as well?

Yes, but due to the agreement, that actually caused a bit of a stir as well since the photo of GT3 RS wasn't actually supposed to be shown.

I was thinking about that as well. They might be extra careful this time around, as they got into trouble the last time around.
Actually, the most reassuring thing to me is that they're showing RUF. If T10 wanted to hide the fact that Porsche wasn't in FM4, they wouldn't have shown RUF at all, as they probably knew fairly well that it'd cause one hell of a debate.

Luminis
the most reassuring thing to me is that they're showing RUF. If T10 wanted to hide the fact that Porsche wasn't in FM4, they wouldn't have shown RUF at all, as they probably knew fairly well that it'd cause one hell of a debate.

*Clings to this reverse psychology theory*.

And scratches head at same time. Lol.

Not one person has stopped to think how unfair it is, before throwing as much money in T10's direction as they like. Absolutely disgusting that all the best cars you have to pay extra for. I hate this 'DLC' idea for games.

Back