FM6 car count (speculation)

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 68 comments
Theres this
  • 2014 Volvo #1 Volvo Polestar Racing S60 STCC
Thats good and all but, no V8 Supercars. C'mon, man.

Theres this
  • 2014 Volvo #1 Volvo Polestar Racing S60 STCC
Thats good and all but, no V8 Supercars. C'mon, man.

Keep in mind the released list is 118 cars (I know because I just counted). There's over 300 to come, surely some of the Aussie cars are a part of that. The list right now is missing a lot of obvious ones, like all of Toyota, for one.

Some interesting things to note about the cars on the list:

• The V12 Zagato has seemingly been turned into the model that actually sold, not the presentation one.
  • The V12 Vantage S is here! So are the Hellcat and Tesla P85D, while the McLaren F1 GT returns from 360 days.
  • T10 has finally sorted out the whole Dodge/SRT/Viper thing, or so it seems. Put them where they were when they released, guys!
  • The STCC choices could be interesting. There's BMW's, Kias, Saabs, and even James May's favourite maker...

True. They managed to fit 10 V8 Supercars in from past FMs (the last FM i got was with the Porsche Pack). Oh, I'm still getting the game even though it's 3 months away. It's been a while and I'm sure they'll blow other games away with the car list. The 2016 MX-5 is included already(plus the pre order if I get that) so, I'm pretty much done with my wishlist. All other cars are the bonus for me. 👍

I so want the Tesla P85D... my dad is thinking of getting a performance saloon :) can compare RS6, E63, M5, P85D. Now all we need is HSV GTS :P

Looks like FM6's total car list is going to be very similar in numbers to the amount of Premiums in GT6 if not more. GT6 has 471 premium cars according to http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?quality=P&range=5000
That number includes the VGTs that don't have a proper cockpit view as well as fictional race/touring cars made by PD. If we were to count only real cars I'd bet there are less than 450 premiums in GT6 even counting all the clones.

VXR
It's not subjective. To use assets from two generations ago on something as powerful as the PS4 would be tragic
I say the same on the GT forums here every time the subject comes up. It's bloody silly

The very best scenario imo would be to have the PS2 cars (let's not call them anything other than what they are) on a separate disc or free add-on if you go digital

That way those that want them could have them, and those that chose not to soil their current-gen GT with them could leave them out

Simples :D

• The V12 Vantage S is here! So are the Hellcat and Tesla P85D, while the McLaren F1 GT returns from 360 days.

YES! Finally, Turn 10 finally added a Vantage other than the Zagato! I was getting sick of only seeing the Zagato in Forza games as I preferred the normal Vantages over it.

Looks like FM6's total car list is going to be very similar in numbers to the amount of Premiums in GT6 if not more. GT6 has 471 premium cars according to http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?quality=P&range=5000
Yes both developers are at a point where they seem to put out about 200 premium cars a year. GT has been that way for a long time. Forza is in the same situation. However, Forza allows opening of interiors, trucks, engine, compartments, 5,000 vinyls, engine swaps, damage, drivetrain swaps, and much more. Without too many duplicate cars. So its without a doubt F7 will have at least 700 cars which would put it just above Forza 4 in terms of car count. :)

Last edited:
Yes both developers are at a point where they seem to put out about 200 premium cars a year. GT has been that way for a long time. Forza is in the same situation. However, Forza allows opening of interiors, trucks, engine, compartments and much more. So its without a doubt F7 will have at least 700 cars which would put it just above Forza 4 in terms of car count. :)
If FM6 has over 700 PD will really need to premiumize a lot of cars. That's the main thing I'm wanting in GT7.

If FM6 has over 700 PD will really need to premiumize a lot of cars. That's the main thing I'm wanting in GT7.
Unless PD starts outsourcing, I don't see them keeping up in terms of premium models. Especially since the Forza premium cars have damage modeling, fully opening and interactive interiors, engine compartments, trunks, engine swaps, drivetrain swap, 5,000 vinyls, and sooo much more. Unless PD pulls out some sort of miracle on the PS4 within 1-2 years from now, I don't see GT7 and Forza 7 being very comparable in terms of premiums. Don't even get me going on GT standards. Those better not make a return on the PS4. Especially with those black outline interiors. Lets just hope the F6 interiors and all engine compartments work this time. Unlike F5.

I wish both developers the best of luck and always have. I like seeing how they push each other to produce a better product with each release. I also like how PD hired a member from the T10 team to help with their audio. Would like to see them work together more often. They can both truly help to improve each others games while still being competitive. :)

engine swaps, drivetrain swap

Strictly speaking, these things have nothing to do with the modelling side of things.

I wish both developers the best of luck and always have. I like seeing how they push each other to produce a better product with each release. I also like how PD hired a member from the T10 team to help with their audio. Would like to see them work together more often. They can both truly help to improve each others games while still being competitive. :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: competition breeds excellence. 👍

Having this resurgence in console sim racing can only improve the breed. It'll be very interesting to see how PD, and the entire genre, move in 2016.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: competition breeds excellence. 👍

Having this resurgence in console sim racing can only improve the breed. It'll be very interesting to see how PD, and the entire genre, move in 2016.
I agree. That's why having PC cars joining on the consoles will only help improve the competition. Especially since PC cars has dynamic night and weather. That's should help push some motivation into PD and T10. :)

It's been long since confirmed that the standard cars will be in GT7
Yeah I know, I am just still in denial. Thought maybe PD would say "surprise they really are not in there!!" :lol:

They are. If Yamauchi doesn't drop ps2 crap on ps4 he'll be the laughing stock of the entire industry.

Lol, absolutely. I mean, it is really laughable to have two completely different standard of cars in one game. It would have been better to drop the standards and just keep the premiums if the problem was time/development issues on the PS3. My gut tells me it was more a case of wanting to bump up the car list by any means necessary.

I agree. That's why having PC cars joining on the consoles will only help improve the competition. Especially since PC cars has dynamic night and weather. That's should help push some motivation into PD and T10. :)

Yeah I know, I am just still in denial. Thought maybe PD would say "surprise they really are not in there!!" :lol:
It's been long since confirmed that the standard cars will be in GT7

This surely has to be a joke, right? Right?? Using PS2 textures and modelling on a PS4? Kaz son, what you been smoking lately??

This surely has to be a joke, right? Right?? Using PS2 textures and modelling on a PS4? Kaz son, what you been smoking lately??
I know, its crazy eh? But it seems that about half of the GT lads want them in :crazy:

I am fine with them. They don't detract from the game in my opinion, and most races appear to try and hide them away (if you look at races then generally a higher percentage of premiums are used than in the full game). Also he might mean the PS3 cars becoming standards, as cars like the ST205 rally car and Cappa are kinda horrid looking.

I know, its crazy eh? But it seems that about half of the GT lads want them in :crazy:

Well, if they do add them, I'll still get GT7 but it's somewhat disappointing. I thought because the PS4 is much easier to develop on than the PS3 that they would have dropped them. BTW, is there any word on roughly when GT7 will be hitting the streets? I've read 2016 and 2017.

Well, if they do add them, I'll still get GT7 but it's somewhat disappointing. I thought because the PS4 is much easier to develop on than the PS3 that they would have dropped them. BTW, is there any word on roughly when GT7 will be hitting the streets? I've read 2016 and 2017.
I think you want the "GT7 Release Date (speculation)" thread rather than this one lol. According to this thread Kaz says nobody will have to wait until 2017 for GT7 whatever you make of that. Not exactly what I'd call an official announcement but hey.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/09/gran-turismo-7-may-hit-ps4-in-2016/

I just feel sorry for the people sitting on their PS4s for at least four years with nothing but PCars to fill their serious racing needs. Like, that's enough time to release two Forza Motorsport games plus two Horizons on Xbone as well as (an admittedly inferior version of) PCars, none of which have standard cars.

It's also enough time to release countless sims on PC but the initial outlay is a lot higher. Guess it all depends on your priorities and resources. PS4 has a lot of non racing games if that's your thing (it's not mine).

Last edited:
I think you want the "GT7 Release Date (speculation)" thread rather than this one lol. According to this thread Kaz says nobody will have to wait until 2017 for GT7 whatever you make of that. Not exactly what I'd call an official announcement but hey.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/09/gran-turismo-7-may-hit-ps4-in-2016/

I just feel sorry for the people sitting on their PS4s for four years with nothing but PCars to fill their serious racing needs. Like, that's enough time to release two Forza Motorsport games plus two Horizons on Xbone as well as (an admittedly inferior version of) PCars, none of which have standard cars.

It's also enough time to release countless sims on PC but the initial outlay is a lot higher. Guess it all depends on your priorities and resources. PS4 has a lot of non racing games if that's your thing (it's not mine).

Oh I don't know. DriveClub is a great game :-) Admittedly, not a sim but really does remind me of Project Gotham Racing with a great car list and regular DLC. But I also bought myself an Xbox One at the same time so have FM5 and FH2 with FM6 preordered. 450 cars for FM6 can't be bad :-) Again, I much prefer 300 + beautifully modelled, next gen cars like FM5 than 1,500 (100's being duplicates and fictional cars) with PS2 HD standards.
I like the fact that T10 also tend to keep duplicates right down, with there really only being a handful in the Forza games. Quite honestly, T10 have obliterated PD for the most part with regards to moving the genre forward. GT sometimes feels like it's stuck in a time warp, with stale and lifeless AI.
The thrill of competition tends to be missing in the more recent GT games unlike the earlier ones which had more spark to them. Forza on the other hand feels energized and dynamic.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to game on multiple platforms and I thoroughly recommend it to those who can afford to do so but despite it's admittedly gorgeous graphics I'd hate to be stuck with just DC and PCars as my only racing exclusives for nearly half a decade. Hopefully Kaz and co will up their game and bring a more involving installment of the real driving simulator to PS4 next (??) year.
450 cars for FM6 can't be bad :-)
Even if you count the ten Formula E cars as one that's still 441 different cars. Thanks for bringing the thread back on-topic after my meandering rant. :)

Back