FM6 car count (speculation)

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 68 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
MHFanatik
Thanks to this site (http://www.kudosprime.com/f5/carlist.php) I've been able to manually crosscheck the total amount of cars between FM5/FH2. Post DLC FM5 has 320 cars, FH2 currently has 262 but the FnF and Mazda pack cars aren't added yet, I've added them myself. I've also added the 3 cars that were announced at FM6 reveal.
This brings us to a total of 80 cars that aren't in FM5, and to a total of 400 cars currently fully modelled to currentgen spec as of today. This is of course based on the assumption that none of the cars are removed for some reason come FM6's release. Also we have to keep in mind that FM6 still has about 6-7 months of development time which means more cars.

wait a minute how can this be correct. I have 312 cars in forza 5 after buying all dlc and vip pass. I have bought the 8 car pack dlc, vip pass and was gifted certain cars that were dlc too which meant I ended up owning two la ferrari, two focus rs, two toyota GT1, two 33 stradale, two tipo.

All I know is that I with vip pass and 8 car pack dlc I own 312 cars alltogether. 317 with the free cars gifted to me that were also given in the dlc car pack. So I am missing 8 cars? if you say there are 320 in forza 5

Last edited:
wait a minute how can this be correct. I have 312 cars in forza 5 after buying all dlc and vip pass. I have bought the 8 car pack dlc, vip pass and was gifted certain cars that were dlc too which meant I ended up owning two la ferrari, two focus rs, two toyota GT1, two 33 stradale, two tipo.

I have one of every other car in the game and I counted them all to 312. 317 in total I have with the cars mentioned above which were given as gifts or part of the 8 car pack dlc. So how can there be 400? When i look at the dlc in game marketplace most of the car packs say purchased but when I look at all the cars within those car packs that don't say "Purchased" I find that I own those cars.

Because I got the cars either gifted as free or as part of the 8 car packs. Theres about 100 dlc cars because before I bought any of the dlc car packs on an old account I counted around 212 pre dlc with Forza 5. So I double checked the car packs that don't say purchased on the in game marketplace and clicked view cars and I find that I own all those cars. There are not 400 cars. I count 312.
If I understand him correctly he was saying 400 current gen modeled cars. That includes cars that are in FH2 and not in FM5.

I have one of every other car in the game and I counted them all to 312. 317 in total I have with the cars mentioned above which were given as gifts or part of the 8 car pack dlc. So how can there be 400? When i look at the dlc in game marketplace most of the car packs say purchased but when I look at all the cars within those car packs that don't say "Purchased" I find that I own those cars.

Because I got the cars either gifted as free or as part of the 8 car packs. Theres about 100 dlc cars because before I bought any of the dlc car packs on an old account I counted around 212 pre dlc with Forza 5. So I double checked the car packs that don't say purchased on the in game marketplace and clicked view cars and I find that I own all those cars. There are not 400 cars. I count 312.
You misunderstand, he said there are 400 individual cars across both Forza motorsport as well as Forza Horizon. There are 80 cars from Horizon that are not in Motorsport, bring the total up to 400.

EDIT: Tree'd :X

Yes I was mis understood at that part when he is referring to FH2 dlc and cars done for next gen and 80 not in FM5 that are in FH2. However I noticed this and quickly edited my post because after understanding him I then noticed i am correct with the Forza 5 car count.

Well I count altogether in my garage 312 cars with all dlc and vip pass cars for forza 5. I know this because I just spent time buying one of every car. The 5 duplicates mentioned in my previous post they were given to me as free gift, vip pass or dlc which is why i ended up with two of each car and 317 cars.

Without the duplicated I have 312 not 320. So how can I be missing 8 cars if I counted all the in game marketplace purchased cars and non purchases and the marketplace says all cars are purchased when I check all the car packs, then go to "view cars car"?

Last edited:
Yes I was mis understood at that part when he is referring to FH2 dlc and cars done for next gen and 80 not in FM5 that are in FH2. However I noticed this and quickly edited my post because after understanding him I then noticed i am correct with the Forza 5 car count.

Well I count altogether in my garage 312 cars with all dlc and vip pass cars for forza 5. I know this because I just spent time buying one of every car. The 5 duplicates mentioned in my previous post they were given to me as free gift, vip pass or dlc which is why i ended up with two of each car and 317 cars.

Without the duplicated I have 312 not 320. So how can I be missing 8 cars if I counted all the in game marketplace purchased cars and non purchases and the marketplace says all cars are purchased when I check all the car packs, then go to "view cars car"?
I was counting based on that site, maybe there are some duplicates or it's simply incorrect. I'm too lazy to load up FM5 and FH2 and check the lists first hand, so sorry for that. You can double check yourself using the site in the OP. You can also check the in-game car shop, it has a small garage icon in the corner that shows if you own the car.

My guess is you don't have this in your garage. There are probably a couple other limited availability cars like this that bring the total up to 320.

LS7QL8X.jpg

I'm counting on ~500 cars. I'm hoping for some new cars, and at least the Horizon Promo traffic cars and the 360-exclusive cars in Horizon 2 to come back.

Probably about 450. Remove some of the most outlandish FH2 cars that wouldn't fit in a Motorsport game (like the Raid Ranger, Dakar Mini and Rally Fighter) and add new road cars that won't be added in FH2 via DLC and race cars.

P.S. they could go for 500 just because it's a nice even number to make the marketing guys merrier.

Including the new Alpinestars pack for Horizon 2 this brings us to 406 cars modelled to nextgen spec as of today.

Including Duracell pack it's now 412 nextgen cars. Roll on Porsche pack and we're sweet
The Porsche pack like the one we had in FM4, for FM6? That would be so, so great :cool:

My 360 has died so I'm missing that Porsche feeling

You'll probably be adding this to that list. Theyve got several liveries going on this season. All you skins creaters, get a head start.

DJR-Team-Penske-15-0201.jpg

E5R8466.jpg

daikin-djr-e1431497037846.jpg

v8s-test_qxyzik7426ri139b4f95st5i0.jpg

v8supercars-perth-2015-scott-pye-djr-team-penske-ford.jpg

shell-ambrose-e1433490659247.png

Last edited:
I'm not worried much about car count, what I want to know is whether or not all cars from FM5 are returning in FM6, especially the open-wheels & race cars.

450 cars. It seems that they still aren't adding all the fm4 ones back.

Fingers crossed they don't remove any from fm5 and fh2.

450 cars. It seems that they still aren't adding all the fm4 ones back.

Fingers crossed they don't remove any from fm5 and fh2.

I'd say the Lotus E21 and the 1976 season F1 cars (which were added as a consequence of a promotional tie-in with Rush) are the only one at risk.

As for the FM4 cars, I don't think all of them need to come back.

I'd say the Lotus E21 and the 1976 season F1 cars (which were added as a consequence of a promotional tie-in with Rush) are the only one at risk.

As for the FM4 cars, I don't think all of them need to come back.
But all of them can is my point.

These things, they take time.

I'm not sure. Take a look at the re added fm4 cars in fh2 and fm5, a lot clearly haven't been "rebuilt", so it isn't taking them that much effort to return them.

If they all appeared to be brand new models, I would agree with you 100%, and asking for them all back would be rediculous.

I'm not sure. Take a look at the re added fm4 cars in fh2 and fm5, a lot clearly haven't been "rebuilt", so it isn't taking them that much effort to return them.

If they all appeared to be brand new models, I would agree with you 100%, and asking for them all back would be rediculous.
Switching to PBR essentially requires you to throw away your old textures completely, so I can see where they're coming from. The actual wireframe can remain the same, but honestly they've completely redone most if not all interiors, you could see interiors with a hack in FM4 and they weren't all that well detailed and had horrible textures, don't forget that they're also modelling boots/engines/working headlights/windshield wipers. It's still a lot of work, even if it's entirely from scratch. FM6 is already gonna have more cars/tracks than FM3, nothing to sniff at.

Autoblog just published a press release on the incoming FH2 car pack, and...

Bringing Porsche to Forza Horizon 2 is fantastic news for Xbox fans and, even better, it's just the start! The Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion is the result of an agreement between Porsche, EA, and Xbox to bring the Porsche experience to all Xbox One players. In addition to the Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion, this agreement also includes adding Porsche models to Forza Motorsport 6. We will have more details to share in the future on this integration.

Capture2.png

I am hoping for at least 500 cars in F6 but it wouldn't surprise me if we only end up with about 400.

450 cars. Looks like the count will be a happy medium between what I wanted and what I expected. 👍

It also confirms they can average about 100 cars a year with the update graphics. Even though not all the cars were fully detailed in F5. Some you still cant open the hood to see the engine. So hopefully they are all truly, "fully" detailed in F6.

This means F7 should have around 650-700 cars. That will put the car count right up there with F4.

Last edited:
I was thinking. FM5 featured an "80s GP cars" category, and there was much speculation that we would've seen one of the early McLaren MP4 cars, since McLaren and T10 are all buddy-buddy. However, the TAG-Porsche powered cars (the legendary MP4/2 and the unlucky MP4/3) were obviously off-limits.

However, now that they got this Porsche thing sorted out, do you reckon T10 may finally decide to feature a Marlboro-sponsored, Porsche-powered open-wheel monster in FM6? Fingers crossed. Wouldn't mind a March-Porsche CART either.

450 cars in a Forza game are definitely more than the 1200 cars in GT6 and other car games with puny lists with under 100 cars.

I'm really hyped now.

Back