FM6 Leagues Discussion

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 95 comments
All of MP is appalling I've no idea what the solution Right now I don't think there is one. Leagues will be a complete failure at this rate
I suppose it's joining a private group of people off your friends list who you know to be fair, clean racers

If they turn out to be crashers, knock 'em off your friends list so they can't enter your private room?

That doesn't sort out T10's leagues though :/

I suppose it's joining a private group of people off your friends list who you know to be fair, clean racers

If they turn out to be crashers, knock 'em off your friends list so they can't enter your private room?

That doesn't sort out T10's leagues though :/
Yeah I've been running with the same group of people since FM2 and it is the only way. However, with the removal of grid ordering by points it's now not possible to run a quali race before an actual race which makes proper comps impossible.

I just don't understand how anybody gets any enjoyment out of the way the lobbies are at the moment. I had a couple of races last night where a few of us who wanted to race clean managed to avoid the carnage and got to the front and then had some really good battles. But you're right about the leagues unless T10 has some trick up their sleeve to match clean racers I just can't see it working, which is a hug shame as it's a really great idea.

Everybody I see driving badly I now report via their gamercard. I implore everyone to do the same.

Yeah I've been running with the same group of people since FM2 and it is the only way. However, with the removal of grid ordering by points it's now not possible to run a quali race before an actual race which makes proper comps impossible.

I just don't understand how anybody gets any enjoyment out of the way the lobbies are at the moment. I had a couple of races last night where a few of us who wanted to race clean managed to avoid the carnage and got to the front and then had some really good battles. But you're right about the leagues unless T10 has some trick up their sleeve to match clean racers I just can't see it working, which is a hug shame as it's a really great idea.

Everybody I see driving badly I now report via their gamercard. I implore everyone to do the same.

dude, i am in for clean racing all the way,..............

But:

Forza made the frase; rubbin is racing :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

that means lets play demolition derby for most people :grumpy:

dude, i am in for clean racing all the way,..............

But:

Forza made the frase; rubbin is racing :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

that means lets play demolition derby for most people :grumpy:
This I how it is on pretty much any console racer. Online is always a gamble.

That's true, but it does happen on pc. There are some proper idiots playing Race 07 :eek:

I swear I've experienced it in almost every racing game (even iracing) regardless of platform to the point that I don't even bother with public lobby racing bar official iRacing series

I am hoping to get some League play in over the weekend. I put quite a bit in during last weekend, but have not had a chance at all this week. :(

I'm put in some this week, but now I'm headed to COTA for Tudor/WEC for the real thing.
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the real life videos and pics. I haven't been to my real life Grattan track in several years. Really wish they would put Grattan into a game. Such a phenomenal track in real life.

I actually had a great time on Leagues last night. First race was at Abu Dhabi in my F355. Started on pole, but I wasn't able to keep the lead and finished 2nd. The white R34 I was racing did a great job.

2nd race was at Watkins Glenn. Started 3rd and ended up winning. Another great battle with the R34 with our positions swapping a few times. He ended up tapping the rear bumper sending me into a four wheel drift, but I managed to recover. He even gave me back the position, which I was surprised at. I think I'm ranked ~400 of ~1200 or so.

I actually had a great time on Leagues last night. First race was at Abu Dhabi in my F355. Started on pole, but I wasn't able to keep the lead and finished 2nd. The white R34 I was racing did a great job.

2nd race was at Watkins Glenn. Started 3rd and ended up winning. Another great battle with the R34 with our positions swapping a few times. He ended up tapping the rear bumper sending me into a four wheel drift, but I managed to recover. He even gave me back the position, which I was surprised at. I think I'm ranked ~400 of ~1200 or so.
Watkins Glen is one of my favorite tracks right now, such a great addition. the long sweeping turns really test out how prone your cars are to oversteer.

I swear I've experienced it in almost every racing game (even iracing) regardless of platform to the point that I don't even bother with public lobby racing bar official iRacing series
They're a weird bunch

I'm not quite sure what their mental process finds gratifying in deliberately smashing into someone to gain an 'advantage'

They're a weird bunch

I'm not quite sure what their mental process finds gratifying in deliberately smashing into someone to gain an 'advantage'
Not only that, but the deep corner cutting as well, it's just sad. Last night I was in a race in the C-class lobby with collisions off, and there where a few corkscrews and some wide open left turns. I was in first, and every single time they would cut the corner and I can see them catch up that instant, only to fall far behind again. I was the only person in the whole race with a clean lap, which was only .5 off the corner cutters. The fun thing was, is that they where leading at first, and I passed them up while I was racing clean.

as time passes lobbies are going to be basically freed from excited one-timers
then a quick look at the drivers levels in a lobby will give you a pretty good idea of what that lobby would be.

up till last month I'd still regularly play F5 online. game would match me in lobbies with players with level in the thousands.
bumping car game as you understand was never a thing on those lobbies, and if accidents happened the whole race would often come to a temporary crawl because "no, you go ahead" "no you!" kind of behaviours :)

once every while I would still get matched with a rail-rider or a bumper, but he would very soon understand that this is not a lobby for him and quit.
(also rail-riding is ..taken care of I think? I noticed that if you go scratching your side to a rail in alps, car will greatly loose speed after the first few meters)

as a last resort, you can ALWAYS open up the players gamercard (press A on his name in lobby), and a) make complaint and/or b) block
system works like a miracle: 10 complaints (which in a 24 player lobby are very easy to obtain) and next time the ...player tries matchmaking he will get my @@ ,
and use of block makes 100% certain that Forza will never again match you in a lobby with a player you blocked.

I suggest you dont use the "last resort" for excited players (vote to kick in-lobby works well if words dont go across),
reserve it only for assholes. :)
example: we filed 15 complaints on a dude on our lobby that insisted for the third time on picking that armored FF truck just to stay a lap behind and cause great accidents as people lapped him.
thats an asshole definition, deserving to have his matchmaking ruined :D

Last edited:
They're a weird bunch

Not only that, but the deep corner cutting as well, it's just sad. Last night I was in a race in the C-class lobby with collisions off, and there where a few corkscrews and some wide open left turns. I was in first, and every single time they would cut the corner and I can see them catch up that instant, only to fall far behind again. I was the only person in the whole race with a clean lap, which was only .5 off the corner cutters. The fun thing was, is that they where leading at first, and I passed them up while I was racing clean.
I am guessing there is probably some achievement for winning an online multiplayer race. (I have not looked at the achievements) So some of these kids are probably just try hards aiming for their first win no matter what it takes. Once they get that achievement, they will be out of multiplayer. So the crashing and bashing should get better over time. Especially if the league play starts matching players with equal levels.

I am hoping to get in some league play over the weekend. Have not had a single chance this week at all.

Just seen a Forza tweet to say two new leagues opening today including a no-collision one.
That will be good news for sure about the no collisions. I knew after they heard some of the community feedback, the no collisions would be back again.

I attempted some of the league play with collisions over the weekend and got beat up pretty bad. Some decent rooms but some people truly cant drive. Oh well at least I ended up with some money from it.

817 out of 2,334 collisions on. Nowhere near as good as I did with collisions off.

Untitled.png

This week it looks like the 2 events are:
1. C class no collisions
2. V8 Supercars with collisions.

I ran a couple races of the V8 supercars. 1st race was Nurburgring GP. 2nd Race was Lime Rock in the rain. 2nd race was a lot of fun. Very intense.

This week it looks like the 2 events are:
1. C class no collisions
2. V8 Supercars with collisions.

I ran a couple races of the V8 supercars. 1st race was Nurburgring GP. 2nd Race was Lime Rock in the rain. 2nd race was a lot of fun. Very intense.

I need to try out the leagues still, c class with no collisions sounds like a good place to start.

Has the driving standards improved in the leagues yet or is it still like a destruction derby? I'll need to give the no collision one's a try I think.

I need to try out the leagues still, c class with no collisions sounds like a good place to start.
Has the driving standards improved in the leagues yet or is it still like a destruction derby? I'll need to give the no collision one's a try I think.

Yes you both should check it out for sure and yes start with the non collisions to get a feel of it. They improved the leagues last night and now after each race, you know how many points you acquired. :)

There is usually a non collision based league event and a collision based league event. This week it is C Class no collisions and V8 Supercars collisions.

The collision races can be hit or miss depending on the lobby. Usually anyone that is intentionally bashing people will be called out, and vote kicked out of the game. Currently the collision lobby is V8 Supercars so it can be very intense with collisions on. The 1st race I did this week was the Nurburgring Gp. I placed close to last because I stalled the car at the starting line while trying to feather the clutch and everyone passed right away. :lol: 2nd race was Brans Hatch in the rain. I placed 7th or 8th in that one. When you get into a good lobby it is a very intense event. Plus it is supposed to have some sort of league matchmaking to place you with people of similar skills over time. I am not very good and I am currently in the Elite league.

I would recommend wearing your headset. An apology for bumping someone can go a LONG way. :)

The non collision race this week in League is S class. Found out I only had about 5 cars for that so I need to build a lot more. I had an Aston Martin that did quite well surprisingly even before I tuned it. I tried to set up a 03 Celica but there is simply no way that car is drivable in S class. Best I could get with tuning was 5.7 handling. Ouch. So I will just get rid of that S class car for sure. 2015 Vette worked fairly well too. I want to build more cars that I have not maxed out the affinity on.

S class is out of my comfort zone but I always like giving everything a try. S is about the borderline of what I want to run. With collisions off, I don't mind trying it out. Need to build more cars.

I built up the #25 BMW but have not tried it yet.

I didn't see what was available this week for the collision mode.

The non collision race this week in League is S class. Found out I only had about 5 cars for that so I need to build a lot more. I had an Aston Martin that did quite well surprisingly even before I tuned it. I tried to set up a 03 Celica but there is simply no way that car is drivable in S class. Best I could get with tuning was 5.7 handling. Ouch. So I will just get rid of that S class car for sure. 2015 Vette worked fairly well too. I want to build more cars that I have not maxed out the affinity on.

S class is out of my comfort zone but I always like giving everything a try. S is about the borderline of what I want to run. With collisions off, I don't mind trying it out. Need to build more cars.

I built up the #25 BMW but have not tried it yet.

I didn't see what was available this week for the collision mode.
All the old GT cars are really good in S class. The 512 BB/LM is my favorite personally, but the 3.0 CSL and the M1 are great too. The Capri is not quite as good, but still really fast once you figure out how to manage the turbo lag.

I would also recommend the SRT-10 ACR and the short-tail F1. The F40 and the Formula Ford do alright on shorter tracks too.

EDIT: You can also put Race Tires & Brakes on the RA300 in S Class if you fit the heaviest wheels and max wheel size... Looks terrible but it's crazy fast.

All the old GT cars are really good in S class. The 512 BB/LM is my favorite personally, but the 3.0 CSL and the M1 are great too. The Capri is not quite as good, but still really fast once you figure out how to manage the turbo lag.

I would also recommend the SRT-10 ACR and the short-tail F1. The F40 and the Formula Ford do alright on shorter tracks too.

EDIT: You can also put Race Tires & Brakes on the RA300 in S Class if you fit the heaviest wheels and max wheel size... Looks terrible but it's crazy fast.

Sorry for quote you but the website would not let me reply to this thread any other way...soooo

I have just started getting into the League this week with the Rally racing legends. And I have a couple questions that more experienced people might know
1= I am currently a "Enthausist" and been racing with some dirty racers. When and how will I go to a higher level and when I do will the level of racers be cleaner??
2= Is there a way that I can race with a friend in the same room?? Ive tried to jump in and out of a room hoping to find him but it only puts me in the same room over and over.

Thanks

Sorry for quote you but the website would not let me reply to this thread any other way...soooo

I have just started getting into the League this week with the Rally racing legends. And I have a couple questions that more experienced people might know
1= I am currently a "Enthausist" and been racing with some dirty racers. When and how will I go to a higher level and when I do will the level of racers be cleaner??
2= Is there a way that I can race with a friend in the same room?? Ive tried to jump in and out of a room hoping to find him but it only puts me in the same room over and over.

Thanks

1. As long as you race clean and keep putting in decent results you should get moved up quite quickly. I'm not sure when you get moved divisions, I think it's at the end of the week as otherwise your league points would get wiped, although then again I can't see them leaving people dominating grassroots division all week. There are still some dirty racers in the higher divisions but they are few and far between. If you really just want to get boosted up a bit quicker I'd suggest the ghost leagues and focus on clean laps.

2. You will only end up in lobbies with people in the same division, so if you're friend isn't in the same division you can't join them. If they are in the same division the only way you can join them is by joining and leaving the lobbies until you find them.

Thanks

1. I'm at pinnacle and still get a dumbass or two in each race.

2. Yall can create private lobbies and invite your friends.

Like the Sport GT league right now. Lots of Vipers but have had success on faster tracks like Watkins Glen with the AMG GT and V8 Vantage.

Back