FM6: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

When painting a car in your Rio homespace, the car is shown in the shadow. Since most locations are in direct sunlight, wouldn't it be better to place the car in the sunlight while painting?

Actual gameplay is great though, no qualms there!

When painting a car in your Rio homespace, the car is shown in the shadow. Since most locations are in direct sunlight, wouldn't it be better to place the car in the sunlight while painting?

I found that a bit strange too.

I found that a bit strange too.

I found that annoying when trying to paint a car with the two layer options. I couldn't get a good feel for the colors it was showing :/

I'm pretty happy with the game so far, dont have much time to play it atm (<3 MGSV). I kinda miss a few things still. Mainly japanese track, I loved racing in Fuji and Suzuka and well Tsukuba has been my home since a long time ago. I kinda miss it and noon of the recent racing game got it (FM6/PCARS/AC/RRE) which is a shame for me.

Other than that, I wish we had a more dynamic career like in FM4, felt it was pretty much spot on, not sure why they used again FM5 career that as nothing to do with a racing serie. It feels more like a casual career.

Looks like it's too hard to ask for a proper career in a console game that is dedicated to one platform. Not sure why it's so hard to put practice/qualifying session in a racing game and a proper point system.

On the physics side I quite like it and I'm not bothered with the fixed weather or time of the day. AI seems quite good from what I could judge so far.

The Good:

My yellow ND
Rain
Pit crews jumping over the walls.
My yellow ND
AI I can actually race with.
Not coming in 1st.
My yellow ND

The Bad:

Snap oversteer
Snap oversteer
Snap oversteer
Snap oversteer

The UGLY:

knowing I have to turn the game off and get ready for work.

Wha? (Insert gif) how did I miss that?

While at a race event, let the music play. As the camera shows different angles of your car, you will see pit members jumping over the walls as people are walking around.

I think you're correct.
Correct. But I've been using the mods more and more and I no longer think they are dumb.

I found that using a 20% XP boost for an endurance race is especially nice. Or the mod that turns my car into a ghost for one lap.

Correct. But I've been using the mods more and more and I no longer think they are dumb.

I found that using a 20% XP boost for an endurance race is especially nice. Or the mod that turns my car into a ghost for one lap.
I was originally vocal about not liking them before release, but I've really been liking the Dare mods.

Dare mods are great for sure. I sell all the rest. I like the mods that put me at a DIS-advantage. Lower power or no hud. :D

I was originally vocal about not liking them before release, but I've really been liking the Dare mods.
Dare mods are nice, and they get you to try something you might not normally try.

I use mods when I remember to, but I don't necessarily buy them or use them on every race. I suppose mods are a nice addition that no one is forcing you to use.

I got a mod pack from one of my spins and it had a rare 'manufacturer backing' mod. Will probably use that one.

I too like the dare mods, I'm sure these will be a lot of fun for when you're in the mood. Only had a quick play so far, so can't say much just yet, but it really does seem like I need to re-learn driving all over again (and breaking points for some reason). Probably doesn't help that the last racing game I've played was Forza Motorsport 3.

and auction house was abused/hacked by the forza community, so you better kiss it goodbye for good
On a side note, I love that Turn 10's solution to an easily exploitable auction house is giving up and killing it entirely rather than, you know, designing an auction house that can't be easily exploited. I always thought they did away with it in 5 because they wanted to gouge players with microtransactions rather than allowing them to sell each other cars for in-game credits or gift freely. But seeing as how FM6 spits out credits like they're going out of style, that theory doesn't really hold up anymore.

Good:
- Car Selection
- Track Selection
- Customization
- Driving Physics
- Graphics
- Forza finally has night racing for the first time in a long while and rainy tracks are also nice.
- Frame Rate looks a bit more smooth, I think.
- Some of the sounds are pleasing.
- Being able to change homespace.
- Photo Mode still is awesome.
- Huge car grids.

Bad:
- A few cars from FM5 aren't present; BMW M3 DTM, Corvette ZR1 Race Car, Mugen CRX, and Rufs.
- No dynamic weather, but it's something I can look past considering the frame rate and cars on the track.
- Not every car in Forza Vista can have their hoods & trunks opened.

Ugly:
- I have no idea, I guess some of the picked designs defaulted aren't my taste, but that's subjective.

On a side note, I love that Turn 10's solution to an easily exploitable auction house is giving up and killing it entirely rather than, you know, designing an auction house that can't be easily exploited. I always thought they did away with it in 5 because they wanted to gouge players with microtransactions rather than allowing them to sell each other cars for in-game credits or gift freely. But seeing as how FM6 spits out credits like they're going out of style, that theory doesn't really hold up anymore.
forza is a rather complex game.
it makes sense to try and contain all the game-breaking ...exploited features you have, and make sure they dont break your game again.
at least thats what I would do, and the guys at turn10 have to work in a much more efficient way than I'm thinking, an observation easily done by noticing their output and their tempo.

the way they setup now, where your creations do display stats & numbers like downloads/uses/profits/likes is something that works rather good.

I know that most people are easy to run with accusations about what t10 does. that of course doesnt make them right. not now, not before ;)

ps
about the money thing, I will say again that the economy on day 1 forza 5 was pretty good. it had a meaning.
but the internet bitching -from people that didnt have the just released console or game- caused ms/t10 to basically just scrap the economy aspect of the game, taking in-game money basically out of the equation.
seeing people still talk about ...monetization to me is very very funny.
now you know its funny too. :)

Last edited:
about the money thing, I will say again that the economy on day 1 forza 5 was pretty good. it had a meaning.
but the internet bitching -from people that didnt have the just released console or game- caused ms/t10 to basically just scrap the economy aspect of the game, taking in-game money basically out of the equation.
seeing people still talk about ...monetization to me is very very funny.
now you know its funny too. :)

I didn't play Forza 5, so I don't know quite how forcefully the game tried to steer players down the path of micro transactions but, if the in-game economy was about as balanced as Forza 1/2 or GT1-4, I really would have preferred that. Problem is, people don't want to work for anything anymore so most developers have scrubbed the game aspect from simulators entirely. Don't mean to spark this debate again because over in the GT forums I've had it at least 20 times by now but I really miss that feeling of accomplishment you got from slowly working your way up, earning credits little by little until you could afford that first big car, and the next. Games today lack it.

Good

Never Played FM5 , so when this first booted up to the Race Screen , my Jaw Dropped , Graphics are amazing
Car Selection is great
Track Selection is great
Rain looks amazing

Bad (Nothing really so far just a few nit picks)

Goodbye social Life
Not too keen on the sun reflection , i end up blind as a bat
Puddles are a dam nuisance ( best improve me driving i guess an avoid the bloody things)

Ugly

Will need to come back to this one..................maybe

EDIT Long Beach.............its a wreckfest , watching 3 of the Ai all going for the same corner 3 wide whilst your behind is funny as hell , not so good when you pile into them though :indiff:

Overall very happy with the game 👍

Last edited:
The good:

An awful lot, most of which has been mentioned already. For me in particular, night races, rain races. Really love that water spray.

The bad:

Limited number of tracks to race at night or in the rain.
Puddles.

The ugly:

Puddles right on the racing line.

Dynamic weather and time of day has always been one of my most wanted features, and while I'm glad there's the option to race in the rain, I really do hate those puddles with a passion. Was that really necessary? Do those real life racing tracks really have puddles? Might have been a nice option for a dare mod, but to just have them there, I simply don't like it. Almost ruins rain racing for me.

I pretty much played non-stop all weekend, some cars take getting used to, new tracks need to be learned, but the game does look good, in particular Rio. Rio has become my favourite track to just go for a drive. Actually got stuck on Rio Full Reverse today with my Indy Car. Beautiful track, looks even better in reverse. Not sure what affinity I started out on, but Chevrolet is on 25 now. Really like that mod you get for max affinity, finally a decent reward (well, at least the credit part).

Yep, Forza 6 is definitely my favourite track racing game now.

I actually look forward to these. I sampled the Sebring 84lap race. That's going to be a good one.
That was the first one I tried it took me 2 3/4 hrs to finish and was pretty fun. Though one I would criticize is that I felt I had to pit too often for fuel. Same thing for the Indy 100.

A special note to their new track, RIO. I mean,we are complaining to them about maple valley lost, but on the other hand they brought a far-far better new track.
you guys must try rio full reverse with your favorite car -if you haven't already

Thought I'd read that somewhere. I'll be spending a lot of time in Rio, I think.

I'm saving Rio for something special that I've not started on yet. The couple of times I've been on it though, makes it look totally amazing.

The Good... There is a lot to like about this game .
- Physics
- Car list
- Rain (The first racing game I absolutely love racing in the rain)
- Sounds (Those turbo noises :cheers:)
- Visuals, it's pretty :drool:
- UI
- Leaderboard layout with more filters
- 60fps

The Bad...
- Drivatards are still tarded (better than FM5) but put them on a tight course and chaos ensues and they still break in unneccessary parts of the track
- Being forced to look at ugly designs when buying new cars
- Single player why doesn't each category state on the entry poster which class it is for? I thought FH2 was better AI matches the PI of your car
-Sounds, just too quiet T10 give us more sliders!
-Porsche isn't in until 2016

The Ugly...
-Still no qualifying offline or online to set the grid
- Online, I ran some D class hoppers and that was the dirtiest racing I've experienced in a forza game to date
- T10 got rid of quick sand / slow down areas and replaced them with tire barriers but left some chicanes completely empty... see Yas Marina I think it is the worst offender, In a lobby of 20 I was the only one running Yas Marina everyone else was creating their own:banghead:.

I just did the early endurance prototype challenge or whatever the hell it's called in the show case events. Gave it two tries with the GT-One using a pad with all assists off except for ABS. The GT-One might be my favorite race car of all time, so I was disappointed to find it completely uncontrollable; I couldn't go near the throttle on any corner exit without spinning immediately. The best I could manage was 6th and that was with frequent rewinds. Then I jumped in the 333 SP. Somehow the Ferrari was ridiculously easy to drive, probably much easier than it should be. As was the Nissan Can-Am when I did that showcase event, despite having twice the power of the prototypes I just mentioned. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with the Ferrari and Nissan, but neither of them (especially the Nissan) should be that much easier to handle than the Toyota with all its downforce. Sometimes I don't understand Forza at all.

Last edited:
Back