FM6: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Without going into much detail.

The good:
Ability to earn credits while hot lapping in rivals mode, any car, any track. Very cool.
Some cool cars that you don't get in other games.
Ability to choose a custom paint when you buy a car.

The Bad:
No option to create a public lobby
No option to tune in a lobby
No method of making a backup of your save game data, My brother has already had to start over after his cloud data became corrupted while playing.
Game sometimes crashes to the xbox home screen, in some cases corrupts the save game in the process.

Still no dynamic nor adjustable time of day. It is really annoying when you get on a track you like and found they set the time as such that there is sun glare in one or more spots on the track and it never changes. Would have been much better to set the time as noon and avoid this glare if it is not going to have an option to set the start time of the race.

To many different types of cars thrown into S and R classes. Just don;t seem right the have a Lotus 77 in the same class with GT cars and super cars. Would have been nice if they had created a few more classes to split these up a bit.

Of course there are other things that are good and bad but those are the ones that jump out at me. I really miss having the ability to tune in a lobby and create a public lobby. I can't for the life of me figure out why they removed these features from the game. FM2 had the ability to create a ranked or unranked public lobby, you could tune in the lobbies. There were several of us that did this a lot but then as of 3 they removed both features. It really seems odd that Forza 2 was the first game I saw that had these features and now all the other racing games I play have them and Forza does not.. Makes no sense to me.

Suggestions for the "good":
1. Not only the new cars, tracks and features, but Free Play mode seems to have a massive improvement, you can even select from any playlist from the "Stories of Motorsport' career mode, in which you can play it on Free Play, with or without restrictions, for almost unlimited re-playability.
2. Unlike Forza 5, at launch, without the certain patch that unlocked all cars on free play which made that terrible, all 480+ cars at launch, depending on what extra DLC's you've installed are there.
3. Physics improvements: better braking and more grip compared to Forza 5, yet aiming to be as realistic as possible.
4. Night and rain racing sums it all up.
5. Just like in Forza Horizon 2, you can make liveries on any car in the game, including those that you don't own. This makes Forza 6 a paradise and a playground for many of Forza's veteran painters.
6. The sounds are livelier, proof is when I had a Koenigsegg Agera, the turbo whine is more aggressive and pronounced. Even with the Skylines (R32, R33 and R34), they even sound more like a violent specimen.
7. Fast and Furious cars. Had a lot of fun with Paul Walker's R34 Skyline, then I made it fully upgraded, it is really, really fast and stable as well.
8. In-game economy has improved a lot, which was why there were no microtransactions (such as the Tokens) at launch. Let's hope that doesn't come back again.

Suggestions for the "bad":
1. Sometimes the AI are likely to cheat. I could be wrong though, but that's what I have suspected after playing a few sessions in Free Play. Other than that, the aggressive AI from Forza 5 are also there, and they tend to piss you off. What you need when you encounter them are the rewind function and every curse word imaginable. There is a silver lining, however, you can limit their aggression in the game settings. Another silver lining is that the aggressive AI tend to drive like idiots when they are pushed too much to the limit, either you have been dying to pass them or have been rewinding a lot.
2. Simulation handling settings are still uncontrollable using the controller unless you've got the skills or guts to keep the car under control. Otherwise, you'd end up spinning out wildly, out of control when changing direction at high speeds.
3. There is no meter or way to find out your tire or fuel wear on the HUD, just only on the cockpit of the car (considering it has a fuel meter). That would be suicide on endurance races.
4. With some cars, when you apply Powertrain Crew Mods, you cannot go beyond 1200HP, despite the horsepower increase by a few percent. T10 should fix this somehow. Examples are a Hennessey Venom GT, Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and Paul Walker's Supra from the first Fast and Furious movie when fully customized.
5. The Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 has an incorrectly displayed RPM when revving in cockpit view, and its wheel animations when moving aren't pretty. The previous Forza games got the R33 right, but not in 6? I hope they fix that.

Suggestions for the "ugly":
1. Unlike in Forza 2, 3 and 4, you cannot choose the color on rental cars for Free Play and cannot create, load, save, delete, name/re-name tuning set-ups for them. We can just be limited to official manufacturer factory colors for choosing the color of the cars in free play and we should have the ability to create, load, save, delete, name/re-name tuning set-ups for rental cars, but that doesn't mean upgrading or customizing them.
2. The announcers still say Forza as "Fortza".
3. Auction house and storefront is still not there, no wonder why Forza fans want that to come back, but the thing is said to be broken by modders or hackers who just want some money.
4. Launch stat seems to be gone. Even the displacement of the car's engine.
5. Time of day and weather aren't dynamic and don't transition, but somehow, let's be optimistic that every track in Forza 7 would have dynamic and transitioning time and weather.
6. Rain tires aren't in the game. We need special rain tires for rainy tracks.
7. There is a mode related to drifting in "Rivals" mode, "Drift Zone", but is unavailable in Free Play. In order to make it available, you might probably want to set as much laps as possible in Free Play and turn on the Drift HUD. Somehow a separate drift mode without any lap limits (similar to GT6's Full Lap Trial drift trials) would be great. Drag racing seems to also be missing in Free Play. Evidence is that the drag racing tracks (in Test Track Airfield, along with the empty spaces where you can do almost complete gymkhana and drift practice) aren't there in Free Play mode. Probably they might make an update patch to add that. And also a suggestion: sector drift trials, like in GT6.
8. The only restrictions are the car class and drive type for Free Play mode. We need certain parameters such as PP, car brand, year, model family, nationality, propulsion type, aspiration, car type (production or race), racing league, power, weight and torque. If we have parameters like this, then we can really recreate the Stories of Motorsport career mode in Free Play. Considering that we have up to 23 opponents (including you), we should be able to make multi-class races in online and Free Play, depending on the number of opponents.
9. Certain engine swaps and the total horsepower of cars when fully customized aren't exactly the same in Forza Horizon 2, but rally tires, suspension and gearboxes aren't really supposed to be in Forza 6 due to the lack of rally racing.

Last edited:
Well, here's one ugly thing I just need to add... it's just ugly that you can get multiples upon multiples of unlimited use mods, while others seemingly never show up.

I know this is self-inflicted, but I wanted to get these three mod achievements out of the way and ended up blowing close to 10 Million on mods and I'm only 33% there. :banghead:

I Dare You
Finish first in a 24 car race using the Back of the Pack Dare Mod

Didn't get it, but I got three of the Long Shot mods.

Up to the Challenge
Finish first in a 24 car race using the Suggested Line Off, Cockpit Camera only Dare Mod.

Got that one, in fact, I got six!

You Shouldn't
Finish first in a 24 car race using the Manual Transmission Dare Mod

Didn't get it either, but I got two of the Manual Transmission with Clutch Mods.

Got a lot of other doubles as well, just not the ones I was looking for. I just couldn't stop. I figured, surely, these need to pop eventually... finally when I was just about back where I started from I finally managed to stop.

Why, oh why, did I let this happen. :guilty:

Forza is an Italian word that means force or go. Italians pronounce it "fort-za" and so does the game. That's not ugly.

[EDIT]The rest of your points are well argued but the game automatically fits rain tyres according to the other thread.

Last edited:
Umm, been a LONG-time Forza fan since the FM2 and have bought every single game.

I really don't have too many negatives to say about 6, except that maybe they should have worked hard on replicating accurate engine sounds for all cars and make the physics more nuanced if not as nuanced as Forza 5. It feels like an easy game to pick up and play, relative to say F5 or 4.

Well..can't have it all. Still is a great product and I see myself spending many long hours with the lights out and sound system blaring. :D:D:D

The Good.

Everything good when it comes to driving physics pure driving pleasure considering forza 5 wasn't as good, a impressive improvement which makes or break buying decision - handling physics, model resolution detail and 1080P 60FPS, track count and detail and 3D texture background all great, plenty of tracks. Now rain and night all good. Customization and paint very good and even better than ever. Colour levels now near natural and not as over saturated. Also lighting much better because of saturation levels which also means Photo Mode is massively improved from better lighting system and less saturation or its easier to eliminate, this makes a world of difference.

The Bad.

Well its just little things with the painting of a vehicle. Still can't paint grey plastic non colour coded mirrors on some cars to match the colour coding. Can't see certain upgrade parts i.e the Exhaust change on the car. Certain cars that have front and rear kit bumpers don't have any side skirts, i.e Honda CR-X. Can't tint headlights or cover them with lips still. Also customization when upgrading and adding new parts sometimes there a pause but its not a huge issue. In ForzaVista, it would be nice to have in general some more light so you can see the interior better. I have my TV picture settings set up very well and even with lower gamma and best all round settings but the interior is still darker in the studio. The rear camera. It would be nice to have a rear camera like in GT6 so you can see the rear interior of a car or look all around you with a good FOV no doubt thats a VR thing. But with Euro truck simulator 2 you can look all around you too.

The Ugly.

Can't really think of any right now :lol:

Last edited:
The Good.

Everything good when it comes to driving physics pure driving pleasure considering forza 5 wasn't as good, a impressive improvement which makes or break buying decision - handling physics, model resolution detail and 1080P 60FPS, track count and detail and 3D texture background all great, plenty of tracks. Now rain and night all good. Customization and paint very good and even better than ever. Colour levels now near natural and not as over saturated. Also lighting much better because of saturation levels which also means Photo Mode is massively improved from better lighting system and less saturation or its easier to eliminate, this makes a world of difference.

The Bad.

Well its just little things with the painting of a vehicle. Still can't paint grey plastic non colour coded mirrors on some cars to match the colour coding. Can't see certain upgrade parts i.e the Exhaust change on the car. Certain cars that have front and rear kit bumpers don't have any side skirts, i.e Honda CR-X. Can't tint headlights or cover them with lips still. Also customization when upgrading and adding new parts sometimes there a pause but its not a huge issue. In ForzaVista, it would be nice to have in general some more light so you can see the interior better. I have my TV picture settings set up very well and even with lower gamma and best all round settings but the interior is still darker in the studio. The rear camera. It would be nice to have a rear camera like in GT6 so you can see the rear interior of a car or look all around you with a good FOV no doubt thats a VR thing. But with Euro truck simulator 2 you can look all around you too.

The Ugly.

Can't really think of any right now :lol:

As for the interiors looking too dark, try to switch from RGB to "Standard" (your color space from console settings).

They have yet to release the full range of color space settings where you can not only select between RGB and Ycbcr but also three reference levels for each (as with the X360): standard, intermediate, expanded. Right now you only get standard/rgb.

Don't know why the reference level option for each wasn't already in the console at launch. :confused:

3. There is no meter or way to find out your tire or fuel wear on the HUD, just only on the cockpit of the car (considering it has a fuel meter). That would be suicide on endurance races.
While no way to see your tire wear, there is a fuel gauge on the HUD. It's the bar right under the current gear. I'm kind of surprised most people miss it considering how quickly fuel can run down in the game.
maxresdefault.jpg

While no way to see your tire wear, there is a fuel gauge on the HUD. It's the bar right under the current gear. I'm kind of surprised most people miss it considering how quickly fuel can run down in the game.
maxresdefault.jpg
Is it me, or I didn't see that coming when I was playing the game?

I didn't really notice it until someone here pointed it out to me. :lol:

@McLaren You can check tire wear by pulling up telemetry. I think the game also gives you a warning when you reach 70% and then again at 90%.

Don't know why they couldn't just have a straightforward image in the bottom right indicating tire wear.

Don't mean to spark this debate again because over in the GT forums I've had it at least 20 times by now but I really miss that feeling of accomplishment you got from slowly working your way up, earning credits little by little until you could afford that first big car, and the next. Games today lack it.
Count Parcells on the happy side that grinding for credits is dying a slow death. I understand yours any many others reasons for not having to work for things but for me and the majority of the people I race with we're very happy not to have to deal with grinding and here's why...

Was fun playing the game, earning credits during FM1 and even FM2 but half way through FM2's life I started racing on-line against a regular group of guys and have been doing so ever since. Having raced on-line against guys that drive well is so much more fun than racing against ANY AI driver ever.

Therefore my SIM racing enjoyment is nearly 100% on-line against real people so having to race ANY career races in any game just so I can afford to purchase a car for organized series is not what I enjoy so why force me? Project CARS with all tracks and all cars available upon start-up was pure genius!

The good:
overall very polished game, game credits easy to attain.

The Bad:
Standing water - sure the rain effects are cool but never would a real race occur with that much standing water around (which never disperses)

The Ugly:
Inability to practice the track while in the on-line lobby waiting for the host to start the race...when I started playing the GT series (GT5) this feature was awesome and I so wish Forza would implement the same thing...waiting around twiddling your thumbs for all participants to join and get ready to race sucks big time!

Not sure if this has been mentioned here but an ugly I have saw is that there are some mods that do not dirty your lap which allows for someone to cheat by using one of these mods and posting a faster time to the board than what would otherwise be possible.

And of course the glitch cars people are running in the low classes. Seems every version of Forza I have played so far had a few of these at release and had to be wiped from the boards and patched.

I didn't really notice it until someone here pointed it out to me. :lol:

@McLaren You can check tire wear by pulling up telemetry. I think the game also gives you a warning when you reach 70% and then again at 90%.

Don't know why they couldn't just have a straightforward image in the bottom right indicating tire wear.
You guys, this has been a part of the game for a long time now. The first I recall is in FM4, not sure how long before that, but it's been there! :lol:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here but an ugly I have saw is that there are some mods that do not dirty your lap which allows for someone to cheat by using one of these mods and posting a faster time to the board than what would otherwise be possible.

And of course the glitch cars people are running in the low classes. Seems every version of Forza I have played so far had a few of these at release and had to be wiped from the boards and patched.
The good thing is that it looks like it's going to be patched and wiped with the next update.

It's weird how it happens, as these cars weren't a problem in the previous game. I built a Fiat X/19 or whatever its called, but haven't used it because I later found out it's a glitch car :(

Count Parcells on the happy side that grinding for credits is dying a slow death. I understand yours any many others reasons for not having to work for things but for me and the majority of the people I race with we're very happy not to have to deal with grinding and here's why...

Was fun playing the game, earning credits during FM1 and even FM2 but half way through FM2's life I started racing on-line against a regular group of guys and have been doing so ever since. Having raced on-line against guys that drive well is so much more fun than racing against ANY AI driver ever.

Therefore my SIM racing enjoyment is nearly 100% on-line against real people so having to race ANY career races in any game just so I can afford to purchase a car for organized series is not what I enjoy so why force me? Project CARS with all tracks and all cars available upon start-up was pure genius!

The good:
overall very polished game, game credits easy to attain.

The Bad:
Standing water - sure the rain effects are cool but never would a real race occur with that much standing water around (which never disperses)

The Ugly:
Inability to practice the track while in the on-line lobby waiting for the host to start the race...when I started playing the GT series (GT5) this feature was awesome and I so wish Forza would implement the same thing...waiting around twiddling your thumbs for all participants to join and get ready to race sucks big time!

"The Bad"

I know, right? Don't know what possessed them to have puddles sitting around in a wet race.

You guys, this has been a part of the game for a long time now. The first I recall is in FM4, not sure how long before that, but it's been there! :lol:

The good thing is that it looks like it's going to be patched and wiped with the next update.

It's weird how it happens, as these cars weren't a problem in the previous game. I built a Fiat X/19 or whatever its called, but haven't used it because I later found out it's a glitch car :(
I had not noticed the X/19 as being glitched. I have built one and driven it a little but it is nothing like those that have been glitched. Mostly it is the Mini and the RX3 but there is also a Fiat up there in the mix but I had not noticed the X/19. Either there is more than one Fiat glitched or I just was not paying attention.

Hopefully they will just wipe those cars and not clear every thing.

There are at least two times posted at the top of the Daytona Boards in X class using a mod on an Indy car. The first one was a chevy running a bit of extra HP and then on the night track someone ran a Honda with a lot of extra power. They are at the top but only because of cheating as with that much power it would be very easy to go faster than they managed to do.

Hopefully those times will also be wiped and they will patch the issue that allowed modded cars to post a clean lap time.

I had not noticed the X/19 as being glitched. I have built one and driven it a little but it is nothing like those that have been glitched. Mostly it is the Mini and the RX3 but there is also a Fiat up there in the mix but I had not noticed the X/19. Either there is more than one Fiat glitched or I just was not paying attention.

Hopefully they will just wipe those cars and not clear every thing.

There are at least two times posted at the top of the Daytona Boards in X class using a mod on an Indy car. The first one was a chevy running a bit of extra HP and then on the night track someone ran a Honda with a lot of extra power. They are at the top but only because of cheating as with that much power it would be very easy to go faster than they managed to do.

Hopefully those times will also be wiped and they will patch the issue that allowed modded cars to post a clean lap time.
It has already been confirmed as being glitched, and times will not post with the car if you get a good time. They have banned it so far, so thats why I'm staying away from it. I didn't want to put the effort into something if I'm not going to be able to use it.

I'm also hoping they just clear the individual cars, rather than the whole board. From the main forum though, they are definitely aware, and have posted that they are aiming to fix it with the next patch.

Have you guys noticed any AI rubberbanding in the game?

An AI car got caught up on the first left after the right hairpin on Nurb GP + Ring track, and I was literally in a 3-km lead. It caught on to me not even halfway down The Ring at an alarming rate.

Also cars in the lead are very difficult to catch; how do they power out so quickly on turn exits and pull away faster even though it's the same PI, HP.. car etc?

Have you guys noticed any AI rubberbanding in the game?

An AI car got caught up on the first left after the right hairpin on Nurb GP + Ring track, and I was literally in a 3-km lead. It caught on to me not even halfway down The Ring at an alarming rate.

Also cars in the lead are very difficult to catch; how do they power out so quickly on turn exits and pull away faster even though it's the same PI, HP.. car etc?

What Drivatar difficulty are you using? T10 are already looking into an issue where unbeatable drivatars are getting pulled into lower difficulty settings. Besides that, no rubber banding here. And T10 have already looked into that because of the aforementioned issue. Dan Greenawalt even posted on the FM.net Forum about it, and said rubber banding is not happening.

What Drivatar difficulty are you using? T10 are already looking into an issue where unbeatable drivatars are getting pulled into lower difficulty settings. Besides that, no rubber banding here. And T10 have already looked into that because of the aforementioned issue. Dan Greenawalt even posted on the FM.net Forum about it, and said rubber banding is not happening.

Unbeatable. Sometimes, I go to Pro (that's the second hardest, right?), if I'm having trouble finishing in the top 3.

I am having a great time with FM6, but why can't we adjust how much HP we want with our cars? It"s killing me lol... I hate I have to take parts off my car to adjust HP.

I am having a great time with FM6, but why can't we adjust how much HP we want with our cars? It"s killing me lol... I hate I have to take parts off my car to adjust HP.

Because that is the way you should do it. You add or drop power by changing stuff on the engine. The power limiter in GT makes it easy but it is basically a cheat and is extremely unrealistic it gives those who know how to use it a huge and unfair advantage over others. Using the Limiter in GT you can build a car that has say 600hp and then limit it to 300 and you will be far faster than any true 300hp car because the limited car will produce the 300hp and a much lower rpm range and then hold that 300hp all the way to the limiter where the true 300 hp may need to get another 3000 revs before it reaches full power and then only maintains that power for 200 rpms before it starts to drop off.

The one thing though that I can't understand why Forza has not added is ballast. That is one of the easiest mods to do on a real car, I mean you can just throw a bag of sand in the trunk to add some rear ballast but for whatever reason on Forza you can't add any weight like this to a car. It would be a big plus if we could as not only could you balance out a car a little but you can also drop the PI a few points if need be by adding the proper amount of weight to the car.

Last edited:
I can understand what your saying, but taking off part to meet HP standards is stupid in my opinion. Cheaters will always finds ways to cheat, I'm not trying to exploit the game. When I owned my STI I would run different setting to get the best out of my car whether on the street or track, I never took parts off my car. I have watch videos with cars that were tuned to 600 HP but have a street tuned set up where it was at 400 hp(best motoring). I'll take GT limiter any day rather than take my exhaust to meet HP standards. If Forza 6 had it where the exhaust note change for upgraded exhaust I would be very upset. This is not the case though but still annoying.

I can understand what your saying, but taking off part to meet HP standards is stupid in my opinion. Cheaters will always finds ways to cheat, I'm not trying to exploit the game. When I owned my STI I would run different setting to get the best out of my car whether on the street or track, I never took parts off my car. I have watch videos with cars that were tuned to 600 HP but have a street tuned set up where it was at 400 hp(best motoring). I'll take GT limiter any day rather than take my exhaust to meet HP standards. If Forza 6 had it where the exhaust note change for upgraded exhaust I would be very upset. This is not the case though but still annoying.
You missed his point though. It would very well cripple the class indexing system as you'd likely be able to drop a race car into a lower class, and be able to destroy anything truely built to that class. It's more of hindrance then a needed feature.

You missed his point though. It would very well cripple the class indexing system as you'd likely be able to drop a race car into a lower class, and be able to destroy anything truely built to that class. It's more of hindrance then a needed feature.
I mean I can do that now technically I can set up races during free mode and race my race car against any class car. If this was the situation for a online competition it's usually stipulations just as in career mode. If I'm doing a AWD production race I can't use my love Z28.. Or race cars. Turn 10 please give me something lol. I mainly want these feature for online play where I would be able to control the factors your taking about. I can see how people would abuse it though..

I mean I can do that now technically I can set up races during free mode and race my race car against any class car. If this was the situation for a online competition it's usually stipulations just as in career mode. If I'm doing a AWD production race I can't use my love Z28.. Or race cars. Turn 10 please give me something lol.
That' is not the same thing, whatsoever. There is a big difference between using an S class race car against lower class opponents, and using an S class race Car, dropping it down to A class, and racing against the now inferior A Class cars.

That' is not the same thing, whatsoever. There is a big difference between using an S class race car against lower class opponents, and using an S class race Car, dropping it down to A class, and racing against the now inferior A Class cars.
This I understand my man. I still would like to see where we can tweak our HP though, not for any reasons you listed, but I understand what you mean.

Is there a way you can stop the AI from auto upgrading their cars to the top of the class in Career mode? I like to preserve the differences between cars in races, it's more realistic and doesn't mean I have to upgrade every single car I own to the top of its class, which gets very redundant very quickly. I believe you could force the AI to run stock in previous games, but I can't remember for sure.

Sorry for the double post, only saw this after my last one but anyway I understand that argument and I have nothing against allowing access to all cars in free play or multiplayer. Career should be more restrictive though, if you're going after the Forza/GT model. Project Cars handles things more like a sports game where you're signing contracts and moving teams, which is fine as well. But the success of the GT system is dependent on that rags-to-riches progression, and getting rid of the need to accumulate credits defeats the purpose.

Career should be more restrictive though, if you're going after the Forza/GT model.
That's a really good point and makes me wonder why I haven't thought of this before. Probably because I do very little career racing in any game.

They should make all games with 2 modes. In Progression (career) mode you start with little and need to earn stuff but in Open mode you have zero credits but everything is available to you.

It's might be just crazy enough to work.

Back