FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

United States
Mill Creek, WA
HighSeasHoMastr
HighSeasHoMastr
It seems like every single thread in this section ends up turning into this. Someone comes in to a thread that has little or no relevance to PCars 2 and proselytizes about how amazing PCars 2 will be or how they're not buying FM7 because of PCars 2 or whatever.

Let's keep that out of other threads. Here is your place to come talk about how much better PCars 2 will be or how you're going to pass on FM7 because of PCars 2 or whatever. Let the other threads talk about their respective titles, and keep the FM vs PCars talk centralized here.

I'm wary of Project CARS 2 after seeing how the first game handled post-launch. Will need some hands-on time with a Beta/Demo before I can be convinced to pick it up.

Forza's been reliably solid on-track for the past 10 years, only need to hear about confirmation of a few off-track features now in order to pull the trigger.

Gran Turismo Sport is already shaping up to be a great game, and I really like their plans for Multiplayer. That will be an automatic addition to my PlayStation library on release day

I kind of feel the same way PJT, but I still plan on getting both on PC. There is also word that the XB1X version will priortize 60fps over reaching 4K.
http://gamingbolt.com/project-cars-2-wont-run-at-4k-or-60fps-on-xbox-one-x

Honestly, this is good news in my opinion; because, the way the first PCARS turned into a slide show on the XB1 was upsetting. That was one of the reasons I decided to build a PC instead of getting what ever Microsoft was working on. Will SMS setting smooth frame rates as a priority change my mind? Nope! There are more reasons besides the performance of one game that has me set on leaving consoles. The ability to use my old (And still working great) Fanatec CSR setup, for instance.

Again I am in the "Both" camp.

Trying to keep the PCars/FM war out of other threads is a noble aim but people are always going to compare feature sets.

Until both games are out however we won't be able to tell how well those features have been implemented on each platform.

I'm lucky enough to be able to afford a PC to play PCars 2 on so hopefully I don't have to worry about a repeat of the disaster that was the PC1 Xbone launch. After that experience, though, I trust T10 a lot more than SMS to be able to deliver on what they've promised with a consistent level of quality assurance.

Maybe buying one of each game is essential after all. That way we can play FM7 while the other game is "up on blocks" waiting for a patch lol.

Last edited:
Well I'll put it this way, project cars is preordered...Forza 7 is not. But I will still get Forza just maybe around Christmas time.

What's wrong with not having both? Forza 7 will be strong in the car collecting aspect, stunning graphics and solid gameplay, Project Cars 2 will excel in having the most dynamic racing experience.

I'll also be getting both, though FM7 will be acquired at a later date than pCARS2.

What's wrong with not having both? Forza 7 will be strong in the car collecting aspect, stunning graphics and solid gameplay, Project Cars 2 will excel in having the most dynamic racing experience.

I'll also be getting both, though FM7 will be acquired at a later date than pCARS2.
That's how I see it. I've owned every forza motorsport i even preordered 4 and 6 but looks like project cars 2 is bringing something new to the table. I do like the car roster size, graphics and hopefully career and free play is more robust this time around in Forza.

The reason this thread was made is that it's getting borderline spam with the amount of people going into random Forza threads and either turning it into a circular PCars argument(or console vs PC argument) or to say "this is why I'm buying PCars 2" in threads that having nothing to do with it. Doesn't mean it's against forum rules or anything to do so or that it's even a bad thing; it's just the amount of it going on.

This expresses some of our feelings on the matter:

No one claimed such a thing.

Last edited:
I did this, instead of PCars 2, I'm getting GTSport.
Years and years, i've been a forza fan, but i just can't accept the game focused on too much ridiculously stupid things.
Rain, changeable gear? Really, is that what you did in years by?
Where is race-pushing career? Where is car's blueprints?
It's been like 12 year since Forza Motorsport 1 and you still not giving us to know what is the engine's discplament size? Really?!! Only bhp, and torque?
Same in-understandable holywoord style material looks, no change in lightning.
Bye. I'm not giving my dollars for a DLC-Container.

Sold My Xbox One, i wish i will never go back to xbox zone.
Good bye Forza Motorsport franchise, you've been a good friend for me, like 10 years.

Will probably get both eventually. Though I am more cautious about PCARS 2. I played quite a bit of PCARS 1 career mode but got turned off midway because of the AI and controller inputs, which are both common criticisms of the first game. However I admit I kept going back into PCARS 1 because of the graphics and dynamic weather settings. Glad that PCARS 2 continues this, because it's a huge stand-out compared to AC, GT Sport, etc. I know Forza 7 will feature similar weather but PCARS is pretty creative with dynamic weather.

And since Forza 7 is available on PC, I'll get it there (which also carries over to Xbox, which is a nice plus even tho i do not have an Xbox). However I still find UWP to be pretty cancerous and hope that the gradual rise of UWP games Microsoft will improve the experience to be comparable to Steam, Origin, etc.

I did this, instead of PCars 2, I'm getting GTSport.
Years and years, i've been a forza fan, but i just can't accept the game focused on too much ridiculously stupid things.
Rain, changeable gear? Really, is that what you did in years by?
Where is race-pushing career? Where is car's blueprints?
It's been like 12 year since Forza Motorsport 1 and you still not giving us to know what is the engine's discplament size? Really?!! Only bhp, and torque?
Same in-understandable holywoord style material looks, no change in lightning.
Bye. I'm not giving my dollars for a DLC-Container.

Sold My Xbox One, i wish i will never go back to xbox zone.
Good bye Forza Motorsport franchise, you've been a good friend for me, like 10 years.

Did Dan Greenawalt beat your dog to death with a stick or something?

How is rain stupid?(I guess it became stupid when GT dropped it.)

There is a new career centered around racing.

Actually Forza 7 has new lighting, dynamic lighting in fact.

GT Sport is bringing racing gear too, which makes your post even more humorous.

My best complements, best wishes to you.
May you will be happy with your 2010 looking materal lightning, 10 year old same car mesh's using game.

My best complements, best wishes to you.
May you will be happy with your 2010 looking materal lightning, 10 year old same car mesh's using game.

I am really laughing at you.Hard.
Good thing you are not some YT "celebrity" or you would be giving totally fake games impression to people.
Damn,even our own GTP Jordan left impressed with FM7 Demo.
But then again,you said "2010 looking MATERAL (whatever it is) lighning" - sorry,just impossible to take you seriously.

P.S. you CAN see every cars engine displacement in Forza,you just need to know how to press button on pad/wheel.Must be that 2010 MATERAL lighning

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me one photo with engine size of the car (2.0? 3.8? 5.0? And not the swap engine uprgade screen) in forza motorsport 6 and i will quit the forum for 7 days.

Last edited:
i will quit the forum for 7 days.

I'm not backing up his statement but that is quite the threat... lol.

Also, I'm not sure why engine size even matters; it's nice to know what size engine is in a car just to know but you can't tune your engine or anything.

They could definitely go out of their way to make it easier to tune though and they've already shown to be doing stuff to make our lives easier like selecting cars and tuning in load screens.

Give me one photo with engine size of the car (2.0? 3.8? 5.0? And not the swap engine uprgade screen) in forza motorsport 6 and i will quit the forum for 7 days.

displacement.png

Maybe you need to learn to read - SAME IN FM,Horizon uses exactly same system as in FM
I can do from FM as well,it will exactly same - maybe you should just save yourself from bigger embarrassment ?
In first place you didnt said WHICH forza,but you deffo want from one where its not - it was cheap shot.Whats the difference which Forza?Engine displ. doesnt matter at all,but since you have no other "arguments" you will bring the most pointless one.
Try harder

Last edited:
No, there is not same system used in FM6, you can not see car's engine discplament size in menus.

As i said, i'll keep my words and i quit, in case the photo uploaded top of your post, and not your post lol.
But i repeat my words again, there is no way you can see what the car's engine size in menus, or any where, only autovista cars, even not all of them.

28748816460_5cf07ff0b8_c.jpg

No, there is not same system used in FM6, you can not see car's engine discplament size in menus.

As i said, i'll keep my words and i quit, in case the photo uploaded top of your post, and not your post lol.
But i repeat my words again, there is no way you can see what the car's engine size in menus, or any where, only autovista cars, even not all of them.

I actually dont give a **** if you quit or not and what you said - Horizon is also FORZA,its been posted,then you started changing your mind and asking to show CERTAIN place with engine size - fact is there is engine size,whats the difference where its shown?Is engine size most important in game? Or its just another funny "argument" like "MATERAL lightning"?
Cant wait for mods :D

GT - dont you know,engine size makes cars go faster :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should add that although the displacement is there for the Aventador, as far as I know the only way you can access it is though the engine bay in Forzavista, which many cars sadly don't have available. It's a shame because IIRC both FM4 and FM5 (maybe earlier games as well?) had this stat easily visible in the menus but for some reason now it's gone.

--

I'll be getting both FM7 and PCARS2, I enjoy the tuning and racing online of Forza Motorsport enough to spend many hours playing, but there's just something about the driving experience from PCARS which I find really enjoyable when I don't want to race with others on the track.

I guess I should add that although the displacement is there for the Aventador, as far as I know the only way you can access it is though the engine bay in Forzavista, which many cars sadly don't have available. It's a shame because IIRC both FM4 and FM5 (maybe earlier games as well?) had this stat easily visible in the menus but for some reason now it's gone.

--

I'll be getting both FM7 and PCARS2, I enjoy the tuning and racing online of Forza Motorsport enough to spend many hours playing, but there's just something about the driving experience from PCARS which I find really enjoyable when I don't want to race with others on the track.

Fair,i probably get pc2 as well,but not before i see what they final game and post launch will be,i experienced to many bad things with first pc,i just dont trust Ian Bell like i trust T10-every FM is blind preorder,because i know that i get polished game,rock solid 60fps (im playing on xb1,ps4 and pc)
Its just those small trolls who literally dont know what to say and trying to make big things from nothing making me laugh.But its not a bad thing,we need a dose of laugh here ;)

For Project CARS 2, I've played the first one and it was not the most enjoyable experience for me as a controller user.
For FM7, it's already sounding like a definite buy for me. I just need a bit more information and I'll pre-order the ultimate edition.

People who go into FM7 threads saying they will buy Project CARS 2 instead are simply implying that FM7 does not offer what they are looking for. Absolutely fair in my opinion and this thread is kind of pathetic.

Back