FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

b) its economy, a fabricated (aka payed for) accusation imo by cheap internet "voices", in order to paint the game in a bad light (remember the "microtransactions" accusations?)

;)

Can you please provide evidence the coverage of the abysmal launch economy was paid off please? That's a huge accusation and any proof would be appreciated.

Otherwise, you'd be downright lying.

what kind of evidence you like? maybe a youtuber that has no relation to forza -or racing games in general- raging about "forced microtransactions" on launch? affiliated sites running que on that and bringing views to millions? and this while a simple "reporting" -testing would prove otherwise? many of those.

But if you expect "evidence" like a contract, like those that companies do with youtubers for sneaky promotion, I dont have it, I dont care to have it, not my job. but a quick google on the subject will bring many similar cases to your notice.

I also staded "imo" and thats, well, my opinion. ;)

So, it's an unfounded claim then?

Forza 5's currency system at the time was pretty underhanded and Turn 10 learned from the experience and backlash. The YouTubers you are bringing up probably cover games and as such would obviously have an interest in a system designed to game money out of players.

The fact such a system no longer exists in the series is evidence enough even MS/T10 were happy to move on. 👍

So, it's an unfounded claim then?

1.Forza 5's currency system at the time was pretty underhanded and Turn 10 learned from the experience and backlash. The YouTubers you are bringing up probably cover games and as such would obviously have an interest in a system designed to game money out of players.

2.The fact such a system no longer exists in the series is evidence enough even MS/T10 were happy to move on. 👍
1.where you PLAYING the game back then by the way? or are you going on imagination here?

2.if you are going to try and ...correct me, at least do your homeworks beforehand ;)

and 3, before you try to ...correct me more, may want to look at this:

Boogie is a well-known gaming YouTuber, not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Also, are you seriously trying to argue Forza's current system is anywhere near as bad as Forza 5 had at launch?

Did you play forza motorsport 5 when it was released? or imagining how it was?

In that video boogie says -amongst other stupid things- lamborghinis are gated behind ...$60 paywall

Of course chances are you DID NOT have the game when it launched, have not played it enough, otherwise you would never engage in this conversation in the way you did.

so?

...although the fact the you dont even know that turn10/pg have NOT removed/replaced said system, kind of answers on its own...

Your reading comprehension skills are pretty damn poor. At no point did I say it was removed in it's entirety. I said that the system as it was in Forza 5 is no more. If that wasn't clear, the intention was to point out the iteration of the system used in the fifth game is pretty much abolished in 6.

The game is more generous (maybe a bit too much at times), tokens can be turned off in the game so you don't have to see them and generally pricing is a lot better too.

So before you accuse me of not playing the series again as if that somehow invalidates all arguments because...uhh reasons? I have played both games, admittedly 6 moreso.

Your reading comprehension skills are pretty damn poor.
mine? I only read what you write! remember this:

The fact such a system no longer exists in the series is evidence enough even MS/T10 were happy to move on
???
your ...FIRM (lol) position. you can backtrack, but doesnt work on me ;)

last time:

DID YOU PLAY FORZA5 BEFORE SAID CHANGES TO ECONOMY WHERE MADE?
to be frank, if you say "yes", I'm gonna be asking for your gamertag.

I had ALL the end-game cars unlocked-bought in first three days of release, so you may understand WHY I HAVE A HARD TIME BELIEVING GUYS LIKE YOU.
fair enough?

No need to abuse the caps button, we're having a discussion here, not a shouting match.

You can find my XBL account on my profile if you really feel the need to stroke your ego. I played Forza 5 in November 2014 - before the first economy update. So, I was able to see first hand out it works. I can already tell your next accusation will be that I didn't play the game enough but I seen what I had to see. Those car prices in terms of real-world cash were insane, to be frank.

Also, I did say such a system doesn't exist in 6. The fact it's streamlined so much and acts much less intrusively mean I see it as a different iteration of the token system. If you want to classify Forza 6's system the same as 5's first go, fair play. That's on you.

EDIT: Correction on the above, the currency update was released before I played the title. Main point still stands, you don't need to own a game to work out how many Forza tokens transfer to real-world cash.

Last edited:
Did you play forza motorsport 5 when it was released? or imagining how it was?

In that video boogie says -amongst other stupid things- lamborghinis are gated behind ...$60 paywall
While tokens are still available for purchase, they are so far from an issue anymore that they might as well be nonexistent considering the change in economy rendering them basically obsolete. Forza 6 was even more generous, and I didn't even know until just this instance, that tokens are still there, so that's saying something.

I don't recall any Lamborghini being available only after paying $60. What are you talking about in this case?

I played Forza 5 in November 2014 - before the first economy update. So, I was able to see first hand out it works. I can already tell...

1 by deliberately saying stuff that is not correct, you are not helping yourself/conversation.
economy patch was put like 4 months after release. which would make it a good 8 months before you say you played.
(aaah there: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/f...-its-criticized-in-game-economy/1100-6418638/ )

2 checkin' your tag, it seems to me you played a grand amount of ...1 hour 50 minutes.
so that HARDLY makes you a ****ing forza 5 economy expert, even in the patched economy. let alone the original one you are criticizing.

so either READ what I write to learn something, or at least stop trying to correct me when its obvious you dont know jack
ty

I don't recall any Lamborghini being available only after paying $60. What are you talking about in this case?
watch the video

I don't recall any Lamborghini being available only after paying $60.
Me neither.
By the way, that's Francis, a "character" played by Boogie. He says and does stupid things on purpose, It's completely "fake and staged", as explained by Boogie himself.

1 by deliberately saying stuff that is not correct, you are not helping yourself/conversation.
economy patch was put like 4 months after release. which would make it a good 8 months before you say you played.
(aaah there: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/f...-its-criticized-in-game-economy/1100-6418638/ )

2 checkin' your tag, it seems to me you played a grand amount of ...1 hour 50 minutes.
so that HARDLY makes you a ****ing forza 5 economy expert, even in the patched economy. let alone the original one you are criticizing.

so either READ what I write to learn something, or at least stop trying to correct me when its obvious you dont know jack
ty

watch the video
As I said in my edit, I realized my error in thinking I played before the economy update, corrected in the post above well before your reply.

Also, as stated the point still stands. I don't think Forza 5's base economy was good for anyone, so it's good to see required changes were made. Coverage was prevalent on the game at the time, so it was well documented just how expensive some of the cars in the game could be if someone decided to pay using tokens. The Forza series hasn't been as bad since.

I know you really want it to matter you consider yourself an economy expert for the series but it doesn't. You can't just claim that everyone who was covering these tokens negatively were paid off. It's ludicrous. There should be no circumstance in a game where a single car can cost more than half the game's RRP, as was the case for the Lotus E21.

It's clear you felt the economy didn't impact your play experience, fair enough. I for one, am happy to see Forza 6's minimalist approach to tokens over the way 5 implemented it.

ok, as you may understand, for me there is no point arguing with someone that goes on criticizing something out of his imagination, or is deliberately writing wrong info, or says one then backtracks to two, etc.
you still missinform by saying that for the lotus, as the car was 100% obtainable within game economy! I know, 'cause I ****ing earned it the second day!
while you, have a grand total of 1hour50.
so tell me more stuff about fm5 I dont know, please :D

bottom line, what you continue to write is missinformative, not unlike the youtuber above.

feel free to meet your audience, just dont make a mistake thinking that audience is me.

no lamborghini of course, or any other car/brand.
Then I'm uncertain why it was brought up.

you still missinform by saying that for the lotus, as the car was 100% obtainable within game economy! I know, 'cause I ****ing earned it the second day!
It being obtainable in game doesn't change the fact that the price with it using tokens was absolutely ridiculous. There is no misinformation there, I think you're reading into it wrong.

I don't know how you can go on about misinformation when you claimed that the people where payed off. You are not helping your case. It was obviously a false claim, otherwise it would be very easy to provide the evidence. Don't make claims that you have no way to back up, and then get mad because someone asked you to back them up.

I fail to see what misinformation @Brend is even spreading as everything he's been saying has made sense since the initial post. It definitely was underhanded by T10, and it was rectified within the current game, making it obsolete in the process.

I'm not even entirely sure what you're arguing.

tokens where not REQUIRED in any way.
tokens, in fact 90% of all dlc in all games, is aimed at what the industry calls whales.
mixing how whaling works, with how game progression works, and presenting them as one and the same, thats not right nor correct.

now, about where Brend* was misinforming, its already written above so a careful re-read is preferable than me rewriting stuff.

Last edited:
tokens, in fact 90% of all dlc in all games, is aimed at what the industry calls whales.
mixing how whaling works, with how game progression works, and presenting them as one and the same, thats not right nor correct.

Payouts were smaller across the board than FM4. Car prices weren't. Tokens were expensive.

It's really no more complicated than that. To many observers, it looked like the in-game economy was modified to push tokens. People commented on that, justifiably — the same way they did for GT6's similarly silly-priced microtransactions.

We haven't even touched on the reheated models that almost exclusively made up the DLC packs. Luckily, that was changed for FM6, which almost always introduced great, genuinely new models to the franchise.

now, about where brent was misinforming, its already written above so a careful re-read is preferable than me rewriting stuff.

Brend*. It's literally right there on the screen.

Your shift key seems to work, so use it. It's something you agreed to.

Tokens may have not been required, but the economy was set up in such a slow grind that it seemed like they used it for a push to them for those not interested in grinding. I never did, but I'm betting it was used.
Tokens not being required doesn't change how horrible the economy was, or the fact that they where asking absurd prices for those wanting to use them.

now, about where brent was misinforming, its already written above so a careful re-read is preferable than me rewriting stuff.
I have read through it, and that's the problem, I don't see it. So put a little more effort into it instead of just flying in with claims that you don't want to back up. Where specifically is he spreading misinformation?

Payouts were smaller across the board than FM4. Car prices weren't.
so what? you had money problems in forza 4? werent people flush in in-game money in forza 4 too?
I mean saying "less payouts than FM4", does it really make a case of bad economy? I really dont think so!

Brend*. It's literally right there on the screen.
I type quick, no other meaning than that. edited

bottom line, what you continue to write is missinformative, not unlike the youtuber above.
The point of the character played by the "youtuber above" is to mimic internet rage outbursts, to make fun of them. He's a parody of all of this and the least suitable example anyone can think of if they're trying to call someone out for spreading misinformation.

@DeadHero
the internet was busting with those news back then, if you dont recall you can easily google.
even game sites had ...calculations about how many ...months (lol) would take to unlock expensive car without forking out extra dollars
it was quite pitiful

edit: and about specific video, he was called out so hard (but by only the minority who had the game and saw that) that he put another video immediately iirc

so what? you had money problems in forza 4? werent people flush in in-game money in forza 4 too?
I mean saying "less payouts than FM4", does it really make a case of bad economy? I really dont think so!
No, it being actually bad is what made it bad. It was a bad grind in the beginning, there's no avoiding that. Pretending it wasn't is the only spread of misinformation that I'm seeing here.

@DeadHero
the internet was busting with those news back then, if you dont recall you can easily google.
even game sites had ...calculations about how many ...months (lol) would take to unlock expensive car without forking out extra dollars
it was quite pitiful
So to prove a point, you used someone that frequently makes parody videos of internet reactions? Yeah, if it was that easy I'm sure it would have been just as easy to find something more relevant, no?

It was bad, plain and simple.

actually I used that video, because it caused a peak in the forza=microtransaction internet theme of those days.

and i cant believe you are complaining(?) about forza 5 economy pre-patch? did you play it back then? pre-patch?

I mean, money in forza games is something that may bother you the first couple of hours, and that in case you have eyed something expensive before its time. did it bother you in fm5? really? it was bad for you?

actually I used that video, because it caused a peak in the forza=microtransaction internet theme of those days.

and i cant believe you are complaining(?) about forza 5 economy pre-patch? did you play it back then? pre-patch?
Is game time for a certain individual supposed to invalidate the issues that plagued FM5 at the beginning? Even if I didn't play, it's not hard to find out what happened. You've looked up @Brend time, you can very easily look up mine.

I mean, money in forza games is something that may bother you the first couple of hours, and that in case you have eyed something expensive before its time. did it bother you in fm5? really? it was bad for you?
The issue was bad. For me, though, I used the glitch and received millions every 20 minutes. Before hand, I didn't have much drive to grind just to get where I wanted. I don't recall FM4's economy, but every single game so far hasn't had any sort of issue with anything similar.

Since this thread was at one time about comparing Forza Motorsport 7 to Project CARS 2:

1. Does Project CARS 2 have an economy system, or any form of currency in-game at all?
  2. If there is no in-game economy system, how does a player gain access to new cars?
  3. If there is no unlocking system, does that mean that the game's entire car roster is available to use in Career/Multiplayer right away?
  4. Can the cars be upgraded (new engines, body kits, parts) or only be tuned?
  5. Are there any unlockables in the game, outside of cars?
  6. Will the game have any microtransactions?
I haven't been following the news on that game, and am genuinely curious.

Is game time for a certain individual supposed to invalidate the issues that plagued FM5 at the beginning? Even if I didn't play, it's not hard to find out what happened. You've looked up @Brend time, you can very easily look up mine.

The issue was bad. For me, though, I used the glitch and received millions every 20 minutes. Before hand, I didn't have much drive to grind just to get where I wanted. I don't recall FM4's economy, but every single game so far hasn't had any sort of issue with anything similar.

even without the glitch (there where MANY ways to cheat the system), you could earn fair and square more than a couple of hundrend thousand per hour.
and thats without adding all the minor stuff that adds money to you.
so, think about that for a minute, and answer not to me, but to yourself: was there really a reason for this uproar?
was EVER forza motorsport 5 the worst offender of microtransactions? or even close?
it sure was painted that way...

and do you like it now better, where you have probably dozens of millions sitting and your garages full?

ps
I just checked you out like you suggested :D , it seems you didnt get to play before patch too. => it perfectly explains why you say this.

and yes, your/our friend Brend, coming to lecture me with his measly two hours in a game I've spent thousands in and know inside-out, also lying about having played the game when said economy was in place, yeap, that's a perfectly good reason for me, not to invalidate "issues the game had", since thats (the original economy) clearly up for debate, but just invalidade Brend's authority on the matter.

Latest Posts

Back