FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

People who go into FM7 threads saying they will buy Project CARS 2 instead are simply implying that FM7 does not offer what they are looking for. Absolutely fair in my opinion and this thread is kind of pathetic.

It's fair up to a point. When every single thread turns into the same posters regurgitating the same essay about why PCars2 is better for them kinda gets boring & repetitive. Oh and it ruins the thread too.

It's fair up to a point. When every single thread turns into the same posters regurgitating the same essay about why PCars2 is better for them kinda gets boring & repetitive. Oh and it ruins the thread too.

I agree when it turns into spam, which I haven't yet noticed myself, but to think spammers will flock to this thread is just idealism.

People who go into FM7 threads saying they will buy Project CARS 2 instead are simply implying that FM7 does not offer what they are looking for. Absolutely fair in my opinion and this thread is kind of pathetic.
well, pathetic or not, please keep away from other forza topics, you and everybody else who feels obliged to spoil the party.
else I'll have to call the helicopters :D

well, pathetic or not, please keep away from other forza topics, you and everybody else who feels obliged to spoil our party.

Weird comment to a fellow Forza player who has never even tried Project CARS. I'm not here to spoil any party, unless that's what an honest observation has become.

You sound really pretentious.

Not my intention. If something here is "pretentious", it's the message that people who would rather play Project CARS 2 over FM7 should keep their preference out of certain threads. As mentioned, I can agree if we're talking about actual spammers, but isn't spamming against the forum rules? A new thread won't solve that problem.

I agree when it turns into spam, which I haven't yet noticed myself, but to think spammers will flock to this thread is just idealism.
This is actually the one thread it hasn't been posted in. They're referring to this user's posts, though. First one was fine, but the last 2 are a reference to why this thread was made.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...o-xbox-one-and-pc.356625/page-2#post-11844576
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...17-hands-on-impressions.357003/#post-11861517
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...auled-career-mode.356770/page-2#post-11851479

This thread is already in the PCars 2 forum (a VS.), and they're both what you'd expect anyway.

Not my intention. If something here is "pretentious", it's the message that people who would rather play Project CARS 2 over FM7 should keep their preference out of certain threads. As mentioned, I can agree if we're talking about actual spammers, but isn't spamming against the forum rules? A new thread won't solve that problem.

No one is saying that people aren't allowed to express their opinions, it was just getting to the point where it was happening quite a lot.

Enough for the community on this forum to make and like this thread, whether or not you think it is justified.

No one is saying that people aren't allowed to express their opinions, it was just getting to the point where it was happening quite a lot.

Enough for the community on this forum to make and like this thread, whether or not you think it is justified.

Ok. I should add that my perception of this thread may be colored by some ridiculous responses given to people who said they would rather go for Project CARS 2 than FM7. Two weeks ago, I believe one poster said he would get an aneurysm the next time someone would come into this forum section to say that. I don't get the excessive Project CARS 2 excitement myself, but this "don't spoil the party" mood isn't healthy, nor constructive.

Just dropping in to check this forum out. The GTS subforum is a crater, and I'm surprised to see this type of stuff happening to the Forza community too.

Anyways, since I own a PS4 and can't run all three platforms this generation simultaneously, I came to say that Forza 7 looks absolutely killer and I envy your GT2 RS. :D

I myself will Pickup PC2 if the reviews are decent and the pad support is fixed.

Also, I would respectfully remind Project CARS 2 elitists to keep their arguments to these kinds of threads, as to not bring other threads off-topic. Thank you.

Just dropping in to check this forum out. The GTS subforum is a crater, and I'm surprised to see this type of stuff happening to the Forza community too.

Anyways, since I own a PS4 and can't run all three platforms this generation simultaneously, I came to say that Forza 7 looks absolutely killer and I envy your GT2 RS. :D

I myself will Pickup PC2 if the reviews are decent and the pad support is fixed.

Also, I would respectfully reminds Project CARS 2 elitists to keep their arguments to these kinds of threads, as to not bring other threads off-topic. Thank you.

Always nice to have visitors!

You sound really pretentious.

The word you're looking for is "tolerant".

And they can continue to do share their opinions. That is the point of a discussion forum — regardless of if their opinion aligns with yours about the one specific product you so valiantly defend.

The word you're looking for is "tolerant".

And they can continue to do share their opinions. That is the point of a discussion forum — regardless of if their opinion aligns with yours about the one specific product you so valiantly defend.

I must own all these accounts that liked and posted agreeing with this thread.

And no, he did sound pretentious(holier than thou; however you want to put it.).

You'll also notice that I'm not the one that created this thread.

On a side note.

I'm sure that you agree that staying on topic in a thread is healthy for discussion right?

Well now we have a thread for those that specifically want to express that opinion.

Last edited:
I guess it can't be coincidence.

Since you insist, what makes you say so?

Well clearly quite a few of us feel the way we do about this thread and you come in and say that you've been "too tolerant" to notice.

It's not meant as an insult(I did say "you sound pretentious" and not that "you are pretentious") lol.

Well clearly quite a few of us feel the way we do about this thread and you come in and say that you've been "too tolerant" to notice.

It's not meant as an insult(I did say "you sound pretentious" and not that "you are pretentious") lol.

I only suggested the possibility that I may have been too tolerant to notice. Guesswork.

bf3
Fair,i probably get pc2 as well,but not before i see what they final game and post launch will be,i experienced to many bad things with first pc,i just dont trust Ian Bell like i trust T10-every FM is blind preorder,because i know that i get polished game,rock solid 60fps (im playing on xb1,ps4 and pc)
Its just those small trolls who literally dont know what to say and trying to make big things from nothing making me laugh.But its not a bad thing,we need a dose of laugh here ;)

I Trust Turn 10...

To feed me a bunch of hype and marketing speak when it's close to time to deliver the next installment of Forza, only to disappear behind the curtain 3 months post launch. In the past I bought into all that hype, but since I felt genuinely disappointed with FM5, I have backed off of following Turn 10's every word about their own game. I know it's coming, and they know it will sell well... Why not just shut the hell up about it, and release it?

I am tired of all this talk about the game, but in between release cycles, they are absolutely silent about it. On top of that, the "We're listening" that they were proud to show when they introduced Spa or re-made Fujimi Kaido... Where was that acknowledgement when people were discussing it on their forum? They set up a bottomless pit request threads, and give no indication that they are even looking at them. Hell they could at least throw a poll of the top 10 most requested, whatever the topic is; but, they can't even be bothered to do that.

After noticing this, about Turn 10's PR; their presentations began to seem more like a smoke blowing festival and less of an awaited game reveal. When I was young and awkward, I tended to get shot down by girls/women who said "Don't speak. Please, don't speak!" I think I finally understand where those ladies were coming from. Turn 10, I like your game but, you've got to shut up and stop spoiling it. Stop showing me the game running multi-screen and with a motion seat on a system that cannot run either. Stop showing me vertical slices of the game where the graphics are amazing, but then watered down when the final game is released. Stop telling me what statistically is played in the game, using that data to cull tracks and cars all while claiming your are passionate about racing. Stop! Just show the game, and let it speak for itself.

To feed me a bunch of hype and marketing speak when it's close to time to deliver the next installment of Forza, only to disappear behind the curtain 3 months post launch. In the past I bought into all that hype, but since I felt genuinely disappointed with FM5, I have backed off of following Turn 10's every word about their own game. I know it's coming, and they know it will sell well... Why not just shut the hell up about it, and release it?
Forza Horizon came out last year, aren't they still supporting it, every month so far? Fm6 came out two years ago and they've been implementing a lot of eSport functionality into that game too. On the other hand, a lot of minor bugs usually get overlooked, I do agree, however, I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

Fm5 was generally a disappointment for most, but that has largely changed with.. well.. pretty much every game after that.

What I'm confused about is the last part in bold. On one hand you're slating them for supposedly being silent after release, but on the other you're pretty much encouraging to just basically do that.

I am tired of all this talk about the game, but in between release cycles, they are absolutely silent about it. On top of that, the "We're listening" that they were proud to show when they introduced Spa or re-made Fujimi Kaido... Where was that acknowledgement when people were discussing it on their forum? They set up a bottomless pit request threads, and give no indication that they are even looking at them. Hell they could at least throw a poll of the top 10 most requested, whatever the topic is; but, they can't even be bothered to do that.
Yeah, we generally don't find out any info for about 6 months prior to the release of the game. The good thing is, is that its basically like clock work so we have a general idea of when to expect things. Like usual, after E3 is when we get all the juicy tid-bits. If I remember correctly, The forum over at the official website are ran by volunteers that just forward information. There will be no acknowledgement specifically because of that. The reason the request thread was set-up is try to alleviate the mass flooding of people spamming every single other thread with wishlists and the like. If it helps or not is anyones guess.

After noticing this, about Turn 10's PR; their presentations began to seem more like a smoke blowing festival and less of an awaited game reveal. When I was young and awkward, I tended to get shot down by girls/women who said "Don't speak. Please, don't speak!" I think I finally understand where those ladies were coming from. Turn 10, I like your game but, you've got to shut up and stop spoiling it. Stop showing me the game running multi-screen and with a motion seat on a system that cannot run either. Stop showing me vertical slices of the game where the graphics are amazing, but then watered down when the final game is released. Stop telling me what statistically is played in the game, using that data to cull tracks and cars all while claiming your are passionate about racing. Stop! Just show the game, and let it speak for itself.
To be honest, it sounds like you're asking for both silence, and an abundance of information all at the same time. It's a bit contradictory with that point.

I bought into all that hype, but since I felt genuinely disappointed with FM5, I have backed off of following Turn 10's every word about their own game.

Why do people always fall back on Forza Motorsport 5 as some excuse as to how Turn 10 "lies" or something?

Forza Motorsport 5 was a launch title on a brand new console; content wise it was the largest racing game, by far, to ever release the same day as a new console. Sure it wasn't up to the content quantity standards of previous Forza titles but they also had to improve quality of the content they were providing; including laser scanning most of the tracks.

Are we going to go back to the Forza 5 reveal demo as some evidence that they are liars or something? Nevermind that the final game had more cars on track than that demo and the environment actually looked better.

I agree that Turn 10 do get quiet pretty quick and that they should be a bit more open with the community but I don't think they've misled us as badly as you make it sound.

Why do people always fall back on Forza Motorsport 5 as some excuse as to how Turn 10 "lies" or something?

Forza Motorsport 5 was a launch title on a brand new console; content wise it was the largest racing game, by far, to ever release the same day as a new console. Sure it wasn't up to the content quantity standards of previous Forza titles but they also had to improve quality of the content they were providing; including laser scanning most of the tracks.

Are we going to go back to the Forza 5 reveal demo as some evidence that they are liars or something? Nevermind that the final game had more cars on track than that demo and the environment actually looked better.

I agree that Turn 10 do get quiet pretty quick and that they should be a bit more open with the community but I don't think they've misled us as badly as you make it sound.
There were two instances, in which he mentioned, that people may have felt shafted by. The Change in textures of the Prague reveal track, and the multi-screen support showed in the first game.

There were two instances, in which he mentioned, that people may have felt shafted by. The Change in textures of the Prague reveal track, and the multi-screen support showed in the first game.

It's insane that those two small things would somehow create such a immense disappointment...

Multi-screen support was useful for exploiting the FoV thing, which we won't need anymore in Forza 7. Otherwise it was an extremely expensive feature that probably an extremely miniscule amount of people used.

Forza Motorsport 5 didn't exactly have bad textures anywhere, hell we got a laser-scanned Nurburgring for free in that game after release.

Never had a feeling T10 lied about anything.They are very solid dev team which i trust.
If you wanna see how really devs lying - go check Ubi's Massive regarding The Division,check they trailers from 2013 E3 and check what game they released ;)
I recently played FM5 and i had a blast.Each to they own

Forza Horizon came out last year, aren't they still supporting it, every month so far? Fm6 came out two years ago and they've been implementing a lot of eSport functionality into that game too. On the other hand, a lot of minor bugs usually get overlooked, I do agree, however, I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

Fm5 was generally a disappointment for most, but that has largely changed with.. well.. pretty much every game after that.

What I'm confused about is the last part in bold. On one hand you're slating them for supposedly being silent after release, but on the other you're pretty much encouraging to just basically do that.

Yeah, we generally don't find out any info for about 6 months prior to the release of the game. The good thing is, is that its basically like clock work so we have a general idea of when to expect things. Like usual, after E3 is when we get all the juicy tid-bits. If I remember correctly, The forum over at the official website are ran by volunteers that just forward information. There will be no acknowledgement specifically because of that. The reason the request thread was set-up is try to alleviate the mass flooding of people spamming every single other thread with wishlists and the like. If it helps or not is anyones guess.

To be honest, it sounds like you're asking for both silence, and an abundance of information all at the same time. It's a bit contradictory with that point.

Fair enough. I am being a bit contradictory on the reveal of info. The manner that Turn 10 disengages with the public is where I was expressing my frustration.

Fair enough. I am being a bit contradictory on the reveal of info. The manner that Turn 10 disengages with the public is where I was expressing my frustration.
Could be worse. They could still have that one community manager who just awful and didn't do much for the community in terms of reputation. Think it was Che?

Comes down to manner of preference, I prefer PCars because I enjoy actual motorsports better than car collecting, though I plan on getting both games. Pcars does a better job of representing racing as sport, forza is better at representing cars. Though I do wish T10 would do a better job with differentiating road cars from race cars and better representing the motorsport aspect of the game. I miss the old days of racing cars having separate PI classes and not being able to be upgraded outside of tuning setups, in addition to them being better differentiated with correct specification categories. Plus T10's handling of certain issues like single player customization never sat well with me, though I'm little more encouraged by what they've revealed so far pertaining to FM7.

hey mister robot! :D watch it!! :P
FM5 was a disappointment only for those who werent there day1.
Such a great jump to 1080/60, all new materials and much quicker response/better physics than FM4

I've been gaming for more time than most gamers age is, never I have seen again such a fantastic console launch game!!
beats OG xbox launch (Project Gotham Racing) and 360 launch (pgr3) by a mile

it was beaten to death for
a) its content, yet its very funny how racing games released one, two, three, four years later and overall included(and include) less content.
b) its economy, a fabricated (aka payed for) accusation imo by cheap internet "voices", in order to paint the game in a bad light (remember the "microtransactions" accusations?)
and I say this, all people I know that played forza 5 not only never had a in-game money problem, but the opposite. and after turn10 basically doubled rewards because of internet fabricated rage, in-game economy lost its meaning completely and everybody was full garage and millionaire. so much ********

only legit complaint was the omission of the online racing opponents distance meter panel.

so yeah, disappointment only for those that werent there to play it.

;)

Last edited:
Back