FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

Thank you! I knew the mods earned money, but I didn't know to what extent.
"You gotta spend money to make money." - Well in this case, in-game credits.
Yes, that's exactly it. And if they don't pay as well, or as good mods in a way that they aren't worth it, I will just stop buying them.

I have a Lotus GP from '76 and a Mini Countryman rally raid car that would have cost a million credits, in three 300k prize crates. (Also some cheaper car too)

I'm sitting around 8 cars earned per hour of driving.

Yes, that's exactly it. And if they don't pay as well, or as good mods in a way that they aren't worth it, I will just stop buying them.

I have a Lotus GP from '76 and a Mini Countryman rally raid car that would have cost a million credits, in three 300k prize crates. (Also some cheaper car too)

I'm sitting around 8 cars earned per hour of driving.

..and people like to say Forza is going the wrong way of microtransactions. That hasn't even been implemented yet. People just love to complain when something new arrives.

right, refute any and every opinion you see fit, but makes sure you understand what the entire fan base of your game wants too, and stand up firm behind all of that.

I'm just telling you how it is with forza, pcars and GT thats it.
Don't hate me, hate the game. if your favorite game you pride over suffers from the fame and popularity you wish for, "don't hate the playa," player.

I think some of you get really over excited about really nothing.
I don't hate you, you seem to have some kind of complex.
You post opinions with no factual representation, of wild speculation, and others are flat-out factually wrong.
You state them as absolutes, and later call it an opinion.

On the flip side, when someone presents you with facts, or evidence, you dismiss it as "opinion".

It's my opinion that FM7 is good.
It's a fact that the current leaderboards aren't filled with cheaters. (I haven't seen a single one, I'm being lenient to not flat out say there are zero)

It's your opinion that FM7 is too much "more of the same".
It's a fact that you haven't played FM7.

I don't hate you, you seem to have some kind of complex.
You post opinions with no factual representation, of wild speculation, and others are flat-out factually wrong.
You state them as absolutes, and later call it an opinion.

On the flip side, when someone presents you with facts, or evidence, you dismiss it as "opinion".

It's my opinion that FM7 is good.
It's a fact that the current leaderboards aren't filled with cheaters. (I haven't seen a single one, I'm being lenient to not flat out say there are zero)

It's your opinion that FM7 is too much "more of the same".
It's a fact that you haven't played FM7.
What a crazy thread. Mixed notes blabbing of what is fact and opinion when every post sent is only a statement. Which game is the best bang for the buck in project cars and Forza? I played a grand turisma game back in the PlayStation days, but I don,t have a Ps4 yet just the Xbox one original.

Last edited:
What a crazy thread. Mixed notes blabbing of what is fact and opinion when every post sent is only a statement. Which game is the best bang for the buck in project cars and Forza? I played a grand turisma game back in the PlayStation days, but I don,t have a Ps4 yet just the Xbox one original.

I don't think GTSport is even in the same league as PCars 2 and Forza 7 when it comes to bang for your buck, if that's what we are focusing on.

PCars 2 offers tons of tracks with variety, Forza 7 offers tons of cars with variety and a sizeable amount of tracks and GTSport doesn't have a sizeable track list but a cars list around the size of PCars 2.

What I can say in favor of GTSport is that the controller support is definitely going to be better than PCars 2.

GTS:

$3.50 per track or 40 cents per car.

PC2:

$1 per track or 30 cents per car.

FM7:

$2 per track or 8 cents per car.

Last edited:

You might want to consider a ps4. Because Gran Turismo sport has a lot of bang for your buck.

have a look at the video in the link below.

"Following the release of the limited time demo, we’re excited to share more exciting news with everyone; Gran Turismo and Lewis Hamilton will be joining forces in the latest iteration of the franchise, GT Sport. Lewis will be appearing in game as a mentor to share his racing wisdom with players from around the world to help them improve their driving technique."

Take a look at the video below to hear from Lewis in his own words.

“I have been playing Gran Turismo since I was a child, so to actually be part of the gameplay design has been an incredible experience.” – Lewis Hamilton

Lewis will reveal his driving philosophy and techniques through driving images and interviews for players of Gran Turismo Sport, providing valuable advice to many players who strive to be as fast and strong as Lewis himself.

The team at PDI are really excited to have Lewis as part of the team:

“From watching Lewis drive on TV all these years, I had an idea of how he might drive, but the experience of watching him drive in person was well beyond my wildest expectations. And I’m really glad to be able to share his driving and philosophy with the players in Gran Turismo.” – Kazunori Yamauchi

You might want to consider a ps4. Because Gran Turismo sport has a lot of bang for your buck.

I'm sorry but you think that this is a reason why someone should buy a PS4, really? Do you think the advice Lewis Hamilton is going to share is not already readily available elsewhere?

Am i missing something here? Does Lewis follow some magical lines no other driver knows about, i'm not sure why this is even in the game to be honest as it's just fluff. All things considered i'd rather have the clown suits in Forza (as you put it)

I think it depends on what kind of game you like to play and what kind of cars you want to drive.
If you are one who wants to drive race cars, are not really interested in upgrading them, customizing them and want to be able to just get in and drive any of them any time without earning a single credit then PCars may be your game.

If on the other hand you like older cars, street cars, muscle cars, race cars, trucks, rally cars or whatever, if you like collecting them, upgrading them, customizing them and racing them afterwards then Forza offers way more that PCars.

I tend to keep it pretty professional.. but I'm gonna let my Southern ghetto show on this one..

You bash Forza 7, yet I swear you said you haven't played it because of the mention of lootboxes and yet-to-exist microtransactions, but you want someone to get a PS4 and GTS from a video Kaz and ol buddy was in..

Bruh, what you smoking? I don't smoke, but trying to figure you out makes me want to start. I need the phone number to your supplier.

Which game is the best bang for the buck in project cars and Forza? I played a grand turisma game back in the PlayStation days, but I don,t have a Ps4 yet just the Xbox one original.
Talking strictly bang for your buck, as FordGTGuy said, it's FM7 or PCars2. FM7 for cars, PCars for tracks.
GTS has less bang for your buck than either, by a pretty wide margin.

If you like old-style GT games, look no further than FM7.

If you like older NFS style games, with more realism, look no further than Forza Horizon.

If you like complete professionalism, and want to be guided through a career using race cars, look up bugs in Pcars2 and figure out if they are things that aren't game-breaking. (I would buy it if it worked with my G920 on Xbox One in a heartbeat)

If you're after, umm... Online racing without a career mode, and a game highly focused on racing online multiplayer, and aren't worried about car variety, real tracks, cars, etc, but love eye-candy visual lighting, photomode pictures, and online multiplayer, you might like GTSport.

well, I collected this car, of course there is.

who told you that there is no car collecting in GTSP?

Honda NSX
DLu-9yKX4AI5a82.jpg

Typically in most racing games, you collect cars, change setups, appearance and go race, GTSP takes it even further.

Car collecting in GTSP is all about a relaxing beautiful experience. you are not going to get greasy all up under a hood in this game. if you want to upgrade, throw a turbo inside a 1980 pinto and pop wheelies, look the other way.

Instead:
You can take the cars you collect, tune it for road rally or drift, change liveries, photograph and send it with your drivatar strolling across many gorgeous cities and real roads with landscapes around the world, it is breathtaking...

You will be gifted cars as you reach milestones in the game portion and you can trade your driven mileage for new cars.

Gran Turismo has done something for you on a level no other racing game has done before. Those cars you see in other games, well that is not how they actually look. Gtsp has worked from the ground up to ensure the visual quality from every car you photograph and explore through scapes is properly represented as real as possible (See in picture above).

Also from what I hear, car content will not be locked behind micro transactions. This here is the new Gran Turismo and hopefully, the "copy-cat" racing games will catch up with GTSP ideas.

Was that a reply or a personally written press release?!

I'm much more keen on GT Sport than I have been on Forza 7, but that paean to a series stuck in neutral for the best part of a decade is cringeworthy.

Unless you're talking about DLC, there is currently no microtransactions in Forza right now. You honestly don't even have to do microtransactions you're not forced to use them. You can use in-game credits or cash(when available)

Tell me, the cars in the pictures in GTS, they come the closest to real life cars..

So are you saying that the model in Forza Motorsport 7 and Project Cars 2, are loosely based off the same models?

Honestly @CopperySinger why the praise for GTS, and the bashing of a game you haven't even played yet?

If they fix the broken counter steering that might be true but the controller support in PC2 is vastly improved over the original.

It's definitely improved but the way controller support works now is still broken. The steering isn't 1:1 with the analog stick instead it takes a moment for the steering to change to the direction given as if the steering wheel could only be turned so quickly.

For instance, If I was turning right and decided to straighten the car, instead of the steering instantly reacting to this input it would instead slowly(relatively) turn the wheel straight.

It has the feeling of steering wheel controls being forced onto a controller.

Last edited:
Instead:
You can take the cars you collect, tune it for road rally or drift, change liveries, photograph and send it with your drivatar strolling across many gorgeous cities and real roads with landscapes around the world, it is breathtaking...

You will be gifted cars as you reach milestones in the game portion and you can trade your driven mileage for new cars.

Gran Turismo has done something for you on a level no other racing game has done before. Those cars you see in other games, well that is not how they actually look. Gtsp has worked from the ground up to ensure the visual quality from every car you photograph and explore through scapes is properly represented as real as possible (See in picture above).

Also from what I hear, car content will not be locked behind micro transactions. This here is the new Gran Turismo and hopefully, the "copy-cat" racing games will catch up with GTSP ideas.

This is modern Gran Turismo in a nutshell, and why they've finally turned me off.
As long as the game looks gorgeous that's all that matters. The gameplay is secondary.

And GTS?

You've not tried that and yet you know it's going to be more focused than the other two.

How do you know that?

What focus does it have that the other two objectively lack?

That's why i added the disclaimer. I don't know yet. I can only judge it from the videos and streams i've seen so far.

well, I collected this car, of course there is.

who told you that there is no car collecting in GTSP?

Honda NSX
DLu-9yKX4AI5a82.jpg

Typically in most racing games, you collect cars, change setups, appearance and go race, GTSP takes it even further.

Car collecting in GTSP is all about a relaxing beautiful experience. you are not going to get greasy all up under a hood in this game. if you want to upgrade, throw a turbo inside a 1980 pinto and pop wheelies, look the other way.

Instead:

What utter, utter guff...

Unless you're talking about DLC, there is currently no microtransactions in Forza right now. You honestly don't even have to do microtransactions you're not forced to use them. You can use in-game credits or cash(when available)

Tell me, the cars in the pictures in GTS, they come the closest to real life cars..

So are you saying that the model in Forza Motorsport 7 and Project Cars 2, are loosely based off the same models?

Honestly @CopperySinger why the praise for GTS, and the bashing of a game you haven't even played yet?

Why Bash the Game I Haven't Played Yet?

Okay this sounds like a reasonable question to respond to. Well first of all, make sure to quote were you're implying that I'm bashing. Because a reader may read your post and assume I bashed something based off what you say.

However, I can easily draw a perspective on a game I haven't played yet by making a prediction.

For an instance, Imagine you are in a 10 lap race with me. I spun you out on lap 1 and gained 1000 ft ahead of you. lap 8 you are only 120 ft behind. can you make a prediction if you are going to win the race?

Before Forza 6 came out I predicted it was going to do well, while many playing PCARS told me it was not. I've heard wild speculations about forza6 implying mods will be online, forza is for kids, or its not going to be as good as pcars. I wasn't bothered by those broad speculations because I felt the king kong forza was going to step on anything that gets in its way at that time (broad speculation); and it was just a matter of time for the nay sayers to be faced with reality.

The game trailers and reveals from the Developers helps me to figure where that game is going, I don't think they are going to lie to us about what to expect in their game. Forza 6 revealed stunning graphics night time tracks, racing leagues, and promised to keep most of what we enjoyed in previous forza games. This was a 120ft ahead lap 8 situation for the nay sayers. Well, Forza 7 showed me little, a new Porsche, a few more tracks... But Forza7 reveal showed me a lot, a new console I should buy also XBOX one X with 4k graphic capabilities and windows 10 cross play. but I don't plan on getting xbox one x nor a high priced pc unit any time soon. I don't call it bashing just less interested.

Why Praise GTS?

well about a year ago GTS showed me similar as forza7 but less. after they introduced it, I was under the impression that I should get a 4ktv, ps4 pro, and was only going to get a prologue type game, I wasn't impressed at all. until, I recently played the demo and boy oh boy, game changer.

Its is not going to be a half game at all. The campaign mode teaches you all the techniques in racing instead of a boring repetitive experience just sitting you on the track to run a series of bland races over and over and over again.

Eye candy. Forza is always a beautiful game and Im not going to take anything away from it, But GTSP is just another beauty to look at. yes Ive been cheating on my Forza with GTSP demo, I can't help it, I'm sooorry.

Things to do in multiplayer. well in previous games forza has been the go to game for my multiplayer entertainment and the previous GT games MP have been lagging slightly behind as what I preferred with forza. Until GTSP, this multiplayer has kicked it up a few notches and pretty much covers what I would want to do in multiplayer.

Project CARS

my experience with pcars would be more of an alternative or complementary to the two big giants. This game offers a more simulated experience with many real world tracks to race on. Don't let someone hating from another forum convince you that I'm some evil doer. I felt that WMD members over there had more privileges and were quite more loose with their language favoring pcars and it seemed permissible. Read the entire post and additional content related to it in Pcars; Forza motorsport 6 thread, (pg 150, #1492) There I saw inaccurate comparisons and warned all the nay sayers to not fall asleep on forza6 long before the game came out, But it appeared they did fall asleep with attempts to make forza look like an inferior game. but it's okay for them to it, right? the same way some one can present you with an odd capture of GTSP
View attachment 678557
and compare it to a good capture in Driveclub.
View attachment 678558

While on the other hand, My odd capture from Driveclub is heavily criticized and dismissed as an inaccurate comparison. Chill out with all the hypercriticism because I have seen many others here doing the same thing.

Last edited:

Okay this sounds like a reasonable question to respond to. Well first of all, make sure to quote were you're implying that I'm bashing.

I can easily draw a perspective on a game I haven't played yet.

For an instance, Imagine you are in a 10 lap race with me. I spun you out on lap 1 and gained 1000 ft ahead of you. lap 8 you are only 120 ft behind. can you make a prediction if you are going to win the race?

Before Forza 6 came out I predicted it was going to do well, while many playing PCARS told me it was not. I've heard wild speculations about forza6 implying mods will be online, forza is for kids, or its not going to be as good as pcars. I wasn't bothered by those broad speculations because I felt the king kong forza was going to step on anything that gets in its way at that time; and it was just a matter of time for the nay sayers to be faced with reality.

The game trailers and reveals from the Developers helps me to figure where that game is going, I don't think they are going to lie to us about what to expect in their game. Forza 6 revealed stunning graphics night time tracks, racing leagues, and promised to keep most of what we enjoyed in previous forza games. This was a 120ft ahead lap 8 situation for the nay sayers. Well, Forza 7 showed me little, a new Porsche, a few more tracks... But Forza7 reveal showed me a lot, a new console I should buy also XBOX one X with 4k graphic capabilities and windows 10 cross play. but I don't plan on getting xbox one x nor a high priced pc unit any time soon. I don't call it bashing just less interested.

Why Praise GTS?

well about a year ago GTS showed me similar as forza7 but less. after they introduced it, I was under the impression that I should get a 4ktv, ps4 pro, and was only going to get a prologue type game, I wasn't impressed at all. until, I recently played the demo and boy oh boy, game changer.

Its is not going to be a half game at all. The campaign mode teaches you all the techniques in racing instead of a boring repetitive experience just sitting you on the track to run a series of bland races over and over and over again.

Eye candy. Forza is always a beautiful game and Im not going to take anything away from it, But GTSP is just another beauty to look at. yes Ive been cheating on my Forza with GTSP demo, I can't help it, I'm sooorry.

Things to do in multiplayer. well in previous games forza has been the go to game for my multiplayer entertainment and the previous GT games have been lagging slightly behind as what I preferred with forza. Until GTSP, this multiplayer has kicked it up a few notches and pretty much covers what I would want to do in multiplayer.

Project CARS

my experience with pcars would be more of an alternative or complementary to the two big giants. This game offers a more simulated experience with many real world tracks to race on. Don't let some hater from another forum convince you that I'm some evil doer. I felt that WMD members over there had more privileges and were quite more loose with their language favoring pcars and it seemed permissible. Read the entire post and additional content related to it in Pcars; Forza motorsport 6 thread, (pg 150, #1492) There I saw inaccurate comparisons and warned all the nay sayers to not fall asleep on forza6 long before the game came out, But it appeared they did fall asleep with attempts to make forza look like an inferior game. but it's okay for them to it, right? the same way some one can present you with an odd capture of GTSP
View attachment 678557
View attachment 678558

While on the other hand, My odd capture from Driveclub is heavily criticized and dismissed as an inaccurate comparison. Chill out with all the hypercriticism because I have seen many others here doing the same thing.
I've got no idea how someone can write so much yet say so little. The man doth protest too much me thinks ;)

I've got no idea how someone can write so much yet say so little. The man doth protest too much me thinks ;)

no, Inquiring minds really want to know more about every single thing I say about these three games. why keep them in suspense any longer

Okay this sounds like a reasonable question to respond to. Well first of all, make sure to quote were you're implying that I'm bashing. Because a reader may read your post and assume I bashed something based off what you say.

However, I can easily draw a perspective on a game I haven't played yet by making a prediction.

Before Forza 6 came out I predicted it was going to do well, while many playing PCARS told me it was not. I've heard wild speculations about forza6 implying mods will be online, forza is for kids, or its not going to be as good as pcars. I wasn't bothered by those broad speculations because I felt the king kong forza was going to step on anything that gets in its way at that time (broad speculation); and it was just a matter of time for the nay sayers to be faced with reality.

Why Praise GTS?

Things to do in multiplayer. well in previous games forza has been the go to game for my multiplayer entertainment and the previous GT games MP have been lagging slightly behind as what I preferred with forza. Until GTSP, this multiplayer has kicked it up a few notches and pretty much covers what I would want to do in multiplayer.

Project CARS

my experience with pcars would be more of an alternative or complementary to the two big giants. This game offers a more simulated experience with many real world tracks to race on. Don't let some hater from another forum convince you that I'm some evil doer. I felt that WMD members over there had more privileges and were quite more loose with their language favoring pcars and it seemed permissible. Read the entire post and additional content related to it in Pcars; Forza motorsport 6 thread, (pg 150, #1492) There I saw inaccurate comparisons and warned all the nay sayers to not fall asleep on forza6 long before the game came out, But it appeared they did fall asleep with attempts to make forza look like an inferior game. but it's okay for them to it, right? the same way some one can present you with an odd capture of GTSP
View attachment 678557
View attachment 678558

Coppery, you went full FordGTGuy, you never go full FordGTGuy.

But seriously dude, some of your posts make you look like a walking, talking and breathing press release.

Don't let some hater from another forum convince you that I'm some evil doer.

Awww shucks, seems I have an admirer :dopey:

I felt that WMD members over there had more privileges and were quite more loose with their language favoring pcars and it seemed permissible.

We must have gotten our wires crossed before, because I am an odd one out when it comes to project cars and been a WMD member..... I actually do not like the final game, and do not believe it should have released in the state it was in. It was a broken mess (warping cars, invisible walls that would appear on track at any given time, AI that would crash out and block the entire track, space travel, falling through the track, so on and so forth). The wheel and gamepad settings where an over complicated mess, which required quite a time at first to get things setup. Wasn't so bad for me, as I had been playing Pcars since 2012; so all that settings up I had done a very long time ago. But for someone new to the game, it was a daunting project all of its own just to setup the controls. It was an off putting way to have the game.

SMS, to their credit, did put a fair few of the issues right with updates; but was never the game that it should have been.

I am currently watching Pcars 2, as I am hoping SMS have learnt from their past mistakes with Pcars 1 and the need for speed shift series. I would love to see them as a development team, return back to the form they had when they used to work with SimBin.

My experience with racing games doesn't start or end with Project cars though, I have played Forza since 2005. Before that I played Gran turismo (up till GT5). Played all the Colin McRae Rally games, all the need for speed games, V-Rally, WRC games going back to the Playstation 2 era. I have been playing racing games since 1989, on home systems and in arcades on the gaming cabinets (Sega Rally and Ridge Racer as 2 arcade machine examples). I do not have favourites when it comes to racing games, I just love to play them.

You may think I am a hater, but i'm not. I just do not like seeing a person I have seen on multiple forums, turn around and treat others like dirt. You have tried everything from saying you are faster than others, and making that as a backing to bolster your opinion and to put others down. To name calling, attacking people over what features they would like to see added in a game. You make out that your opinion is the only correct one with the way to conduct yourself, and most of what you write, is done so in such a way that it incites an argument.

To be quite honest here, I never showed people your prior indiscretions because I am defending Pcars (as said, I do not like what Pcars released as)..... I showed people here your past postings because of your attitude, your rudeness, and the fact you called friends of mine amateurs. Friends that are not members on this forum, and thus can not defend themselves from the likes of you.

Why Praise GTS?

Both games, as you cited, showed you should buy a new console & whatever else to play them, and you weren't impressed/interested. You admit once you played one of them, you changed your mind.

So, why not do the same to other and see if a similar conclusion is reached?

The more you admit to not playing Forza 7, the less of an argument you have to tell us how it is.

Both games, as you cited, showed you should buy a new console & whatever else to play them, and you weren't impressed/interested. You admit once you played one of them, you changed your mind.

Ive been playing FM7 on the PC, and as nice as it is having the extra horse power my PC affords; FM7 really does not require an upgrade from the original Xbox one. I have played the game on my Xbox one also, as I was curious over how it would look; considering the extra processing headroom the XoX will have. Its perfect fine, graphics are good, it runs just as well as FM6 did with a staple 60fps. Anyone who says they feel they are been forced into an upgrade they do not want in order to play FM7, are just clutching at straws for the sake of argument.

Given my experience, if my PC was taken away from me right now and I only had my xbox one to play FM7 on; I would not be disappointing in the least.

Ive been playing FM7 on the PC, and as nice as it is having the extra horse power my PC affords; FM7 really does not require an upgrade from the original Xbox one. I have played the game on my Xbox one also, as I was curious over how it would look; considering the extra processing headroom the XoX will have. Its perfect fine, graphics are good, it runs just as well as FM6 did with a staple 60fps. Anyone who says they feel they are been forced into an upgrade they do not want in order to play FM7, are just clutching at straws for the sake of argument.

Given my experience, if my PC was taken away from me right now and I only had my xbox one to play FM7 on; I would not be disappointing in the least.
I'm merely going off what he said; you'll find no disagreement with me on your point.

However, I am still curious to see what the One X does for the game. There have been times in FM7 where the game does showcase some drawbacks (such as when you start a race & can see the low-graphic interiors) & some cars have some tiny issues like the F50, but I've gotten over these as they don't break the game in any way & there's no guarantee the One X's extra power will fix any of these.

Back