FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

All three games are great fun and I am enjoying them, albeit for slightly different reasons. I am using a Simxperience Accuforce direct drive wheel, Main Performance PC Simpedals and dual Thrustmaster THR8S shifters, one in H and one in sequential modes.

PC2 is great fun. I can play in VR with my Oculus Rift and it has the best track selection. It’s the only game of the three that has Sim Commander 4 support and so that helps the FFB and tactile. The A.I. is fine and forms the basis for a solid single player mode. The multiplayer is user driven which is not my preference but it’s OK.

GT Sport is also great fun. The multiplayer is well organized and VERY CLEAN! I am playing at 1080p on a single screen but the game nonetheless looks great. The single campaign is slimmed down a lot but still worthwhile. The VR mode feels tacked on and is bereft of substance. The daily workout is a nice touch, very easy way to get a free car. FFB is fine, but not as deep as Forza 7 or PC2.

Forza 7 is my favorite. The graphics are drop dead gorgeous and I am getting silky smooth FPS on my gaming PC at a triple screen resolution of 7680 X 1440. The single player is superb, great way to earn credits and cars. Loot boxes are handy for getting mods. The $50k box is my favorite. A.I. is good at Pro, but a little too hard if I don’t know the track. FFB is superb, nice and strong plus I can feel what the car is doing. Multiplayer is a wreck fest, no penalty for ramming cars on Turn 1. I hope that changes in the League racing once it’s implemented. Car selection is amazing, it will probably take me years to collect all of the cars.

My two cents, take em or leave em.

All three games are great fun and I am enjoying them, albeit for slightly different reasons. I am using a Simxperience Accuforce direct drive wheel, Main Performance PC Simpedals and dual Thrustmaster THR8S shifters, one in H and one in sequential modes.

PC2 is great fun. I can play in VR with my Oculus Rift and it has the best track selection. It’s the only game of the three that has Sim Commander 4 support and so that helps the FFB and tactile. The A.I. is fine and forms the basis for a solid single player mode. The multiplayer is user driven which is not my preference but it’s OK.

GT Sport is also great fun. The multiplayer is well organized and VERY CLEAN! I am playing at 1080p on a single screen but the game nonetheless looks great. The single campaign is slimmed down a lot but still worthwhile. The VR mode feels tacked on and is bereft of substance. The daily workout is a nice touch, very easy way to get a free car. FFB is fine, but not as deep as Forza 7 or PC2.

Forza 7 is my favorite. The graphics are drop dead gorgeous and I am getting silky smooth FPS on my gaming PC at a triple screen resolution of 7680 X 1440. The single player is superb, great way to earn credits and cars. Loot boxes are handy for getting mods. The $50k box is my favorite. A.I. is good at Pro, but a little too hard if I don’t know the track. FFB is superb, nice and strong plus I can feel what the car is doing. Multiplayer is a wreck fest, no penalty for ramming cars on Turn 1. I hope that changes in the League racing once it’s implemented. Car selection is amazing, it will probably take me years to collect all of the cars.

My two cents, take em or leave em.
Nice try, but nobody's going to believe forza 7 ffb is anywhere close to gts or pc2

So you have an Accuforce and have tried it with all three games after extensive adjustment? Otherwise, how do you know how the FFB is on my rig?
I'm pretty sure what happened here is that he saw someone talk well about a game he doesn't like, or not talk well enough about a game he preferred. Although, I'm sure that was obvious enough.

A year, a racing game. So I have all the Forza Motorsport and Horizon on XB1, except Forza 7. Instead I've bought GTSport which is fun but very light in content and features. (Le Mans is not even in the game...). Clearly, not enough things to do to be my 2017 racing game.
My favorite Forzas so far on xb1: 1.FH2, 2.Forza 6 and 3.FH3.
Do you think Forza 7 could be a good substitute to GTSport or should I try PC2 (I have a ps4 pro) knowing I'm a casual player with a controller? I tried the Porsche Rs2 thanks to the demo and it was simply bad compared to Forza 6.

I've thought a lot about posting this here since I put it together, and am aware of the potential fall-out from doing so (and that some should even exist is the reason why I am posting it).

The video does contain a degree of swearing so take that as a warning before playing it, and its title is "What's wrong with Gran Turismo Sport". Now if that gets your back up and you on the defensive straight away then a chance exists that I might be talking about you, as what I believe is wrong with GTS is not GTS itself.

I've thought a lot about posting this here since I put it together, and am aware of the potential fall-out from doing so (and that some should even exist is the reason why I am posting it).

The video does contain a degree of swearing so take that as a warning before playing it, and its title is "What's wrong with Gran Turismo Sport". Now if that gets your back up and you on the defensive straight away then a chance exists that I might be talking about you, as what I believe is wrong with GTS is not GTS itself.

That's really something, around the 7 minute mark, I didn't know they got that bad.

A year, a racing game. So I have all the Forza Motorsport and Horizon on XB1, except Forza 7. Instead I've bought GTSport which is fun but very light in content and features. (Le Mans is not even in the game...). Clearly, not enough things to do to be my 2017 racing game.
Do you think Forza 7 could be a good substitute to GTSport or should I try PC2 (I have a ps4 pro) knowing I'm a casual player with a controller? I tried the Porsche Rs2 thanks to the demo and it was simply bad compared to Forza 6.
It's different from the demo. I'd say the average is less oversteer on most cars. A lot of the Porsche's will kill you though.

A t10 dev over in the forza forums stated they found an issue with the porsche in the demo thanks to user feedback, since then the demo has recieved 2 (possibly more) updates to resolve issues. One of which was in regards to the porsche directly. It may potentially be worth trying the demo again, as t10 seem to be taking things rather seriously this time around.

Are you actually being serious!

What exactly do you think would happen in reality if you applied full throttle in that car in a thunderstorm with a load of standing water?

Its honestly like you attempted to find some of the worse driving you could to try and force a point.

Are you actually being serious!

What exactly do you think would happen in reality if you applied full throttle in that car in a thunderstorm with a load of standing water?

Its honestly like you attempted to find some of the worse driving you could to try and force a point.
Don't be a deluded fantasist. Pc2 is no walk in the park. He was going as low as 45mph and the car looked like is was riding on cinderblocks wobbling everywhere. physics from the stoneage

Looking at that video, I would say the person needs to play around with the controller settings; preferably in regards to the Steering sensitivity, speed sensitivity, damper saturation, and controller damping. Because from where I was sitting, it looks as though the steering sens is too high for a game pad, and the speed sens and damper sat is set far too low. So either a case the person in the video does not understand what those settings are for, or they do fully understand and set them wrong for a click bait type video.

Edit: Also, it might pay you to check out the other videos that youtuber has up as well, since they appear to have found a setup that works since they did the one you posted up -

Last edited:
That's really something, around the 7 minute mark, I didn't know they got that bad.
Because if you were to see the GT side of GTPlanet, you would understand how utterly ridiculous some people are and how defensive they'll get over a "video game" that is just a "video game" they cherish so much. It's up there with another community I won't name, as it may trigger some. It doesn't matter what racing game it is, certain members would trash said games that isn't "GT", in favor of their "beloved" company who everyone barely looks up to nowadays after their lackluster run that was the PS3 era, thanks to two titles that parted the community in the first place! But that's okay, we will still treat them as one of the most greatest companies in the gaming industry... :banghead:

It really surprises me how @Scaff and several members are so patient with those kind of folk, because if it were me I be banned right now due to snapping on them. I applaud to them though (especially trying to reason with those particular folk), but it must be pretty damn difficult at times without losing it.

I'm actually glad not of those kind of members posts in this thread, because he or she knows if they did, others won't be there to help or defend them. But that doesn't mean they don't view the Forza subforum on their spare time, even when not logged in.

After watching this, I’m even more relieved that I don’t swear some silly allegiance to any racing game series. People like this don’t benefit the community and ironically, they’re only hurting the game they’re trying so hard to defend.

After watching this, I’m even more relieved that I don’t swear some silly allegiance to any racing game series. People like this don’t benefit the community and ironically, they’re only hurting the game they’re trying so hard to defend.

Same here, as I find it rather dull to just stick with one racing title and swear my undying love and admiration of it. I would much have have a sizeable library of racing titles that I can enjoy as and when I wish. Its much more fun that way, and I can have a different racing experience depending on what my mood is at the time.

Disregard the Porsche in the demo. I think just about everyone hated the Porsche. It still handles like crap in the full game, but it doesn't represent how the rest of the cars feel.

If you're a casual controller player, Forza is the way to go. It's always handled great on a controller.

Disregard the Porsche in the demo. I think just about everyone hated the Porsche. It still handles like crap in the full game, but it doesn't represent how the rest of the cars feel.

If you're a casual controller player, Forza is the way to go. It's always handled great on a controller.

+1 Forza games are great on a controller, you cannot go wrong with Forza 7 if you are a controller user.

+1 Forza games are great on a controller, you cannot go wrong with Forza 7 if you are a controller user.
This goes for PC too, MS's Windows optimization for pads is pretty great.

Because that's what totally matters in a racing game right? Why can't you Forza fans understand that? I mean, despite its incredibly detailed trees (that star at you as you pass), beautifully modeled cars (that you can't even explore the engine bays or trunks of), we support the loss of TOD and dymanic weather even though those were the two things we criticized other racing games for back in the day. Don't worry, we will totally ignore the past and accept that GTS now lacks them, because hello it's "GT". :dopey:

Oh, did I also mention that my game also lacks content even though I (yet again) criticized other racing games that lacked it as well? But who cares? My game is STILL at the top because again it's "GT"! All hail Kaz and PD. :bowdown:

Oh, and you see those reviews? Ignore them. They smell fishy and are totally fake. :sly:
This is the most annoying part, especially **** they actually modeled.

Like the purse/handbag that comes in that Alfa Romeo that they bragged about modeling (which takes like 10 minutes to catch a glimpse of in photomode).

Honestly, I would expect something like Forza Vista in GT more than Forza.

This is the most annoying part, especially **** they actually modeled.

Like the purse/handbag that comes in that Alfa Romeo that they bragged about modeling (which takes like 10 minutes to catch a glimpse of in photomode).

Honestly, I would expect something like Forza Vista in GT more than Forza.
Tell me about it bud. You think PD of all people who LOVES to model their cars to such a quality would have done so by now, especially by how little GTS's car list is, but nope. Stitches (on the seats, wheels, etc.), dashboards, and the like are more than enough for PD to consider "complete" in their game...

That was magic. You just told one part of gts and make us think that is all about it but you said pc2 campaign is massive, we know it's not massive.

Lol, it's pretty massive. 12 hours in and I've finished my Ginetta Junior year and I'm halfway through Formula C. At this rate I might make it through to one of the top tier championships in 60 hours, assuming that I don't get distracted and do something else on a lower tier or work on the missions. Or Manufacturer challenges.

Considering that each round has practise, qualifying and race and I'm actually having to use the practise in order to learn some of these tracks I've never raced before (how mad is Cadwell Park?!) it really ends up being a huge amount of content. And a great sense of progression. As Scaff pointed out, it's not actually a million miles away from something like the GT1 career.

Don't be a deluded fantasist. Pc2 is no walk in the park. He was going as low as 45mph and the car looked like is was riding on cinderblocks wobbling everywhere. physics from the stoneage

Yeah, no. If anything, pC2 has the best physics of the lot by a fairly substantial margin. I don't know what it's like with a controller, but with a wheel the physics are up there with the best simulations on offer.

If people can't drive an Enzo in a torrent, that's on them.

The Porsche was a shame. It's the reason I haven't bought FM7 and won't unless it's really cheap. I actually had to go into another sim and drive a Porsche just to make sure that it wasn't me afterwards. Nope, I can fling a Porsche around just fine, but I just can't get on with FM7 physics.

It's unfortunately the same thing that's wrong with games like LoL and DotA2, great games with communities that make you wonder why you put yourself in contact with them sometimes.

To be fair, GTP is pretty great compared to most MOBA crowds. We have our share of mouthbreathers, but at least there's plenty of decent people while we're at it.

The Porsche was a shame. It's the reason I haven't bought FM7 and won't unless it's really cheap. I actually had to go into another sim and drive a Porsche just to make sure that it wasn't me afterwards. Nope, I can fling a Porsche around just fine, but I just can't get on with FM7 physics.
You should read some of the other posts in the thread. The demo Porsche is in no way representative of the physics across the whole game (or even of the same car in the full game).

You should read some of the other posts in the thread. The demo Porsche is in no way representative of the physics across the whole game (or even of the same car in the full game).

I know, but I can't bring myself to drop money on a game where the first hand evidence I have says it's not great and I'm relying on word of mouth to tell me otherwise. I'll wait until it's cheap or I can borrow it from my *ahem* "friend" Captain Partypants, Scourge of the Landlubbers and verify for myself.

This is the thing with demos, if they have problems then it's an incentive not to buy. I downloaded it tonight for the second time just to check whether it was different to back when it was released. Performance was improved, but gameplay was not. Fortunately, I have pC2 to keep me going for a few hundred hours so I'm in no rush.

(how mad is Cadwell Park?!)

Cadwell Park is an hour away from where I was born in Lincolnshire, its considered as a mini Nordschleife in the Lincolnshire wolds; as it is such a tight and twisty track in places. Its my favourite race track, and is the only reason why I still occasionally load up Project cars 1. I would love it if T10 added it into Forza.

Edit: Also, T10 have updated the demo for FM7 at least twice from what I have seen; and one of the updates included fixes for the Porsche. Something that T10 acknowledged through player feedback, was actually broken. So if you are able to try the demo, it may be worth taking a look at it.

Yeah, no. If anything, pC2 has the best physics of the lot by a fairly substantial margin. I don't know what it's like with a controller, but with a wheel the physics are up there with the best simulations on offer.

If people can't drive an Enzo in a torrent, that's on them.
Seems both the E30 (another example used by the same member in another thread) and Enzo are shockingly, drivable'!

Edit: Also, T10 have updated the demo for FM7 at least twice from what I have seen; and one of the updates included fixes for the Porsche. Something that T10 acknowledged through player feedback, was actually broken. So if you are able to try the demo, it may be worth taking a look at it.

I have done, I downloaded it when it first released and again a couple of days ago. The Porsche still feels shockingly awful to me, and the truck and GTR are just bland. Add in the Australia tax, and it's simply not worth $100 for me to get into the game. Not with pCARS2 and Assetto Corsa there to be played. Between those for "serious" racing and Horizon 3 for hooliganism, all FM7 offers is a big car list. That's not enough for me to purchase.

I just had to forget about GTS. Changed my mind and figured I'd pick it up. Nope. Still no time to fit it in. PC2 has my full attention.
Thought I'd pick up F7. To at least rekindle my love for the '65 Mini. Ain't happening. As Imari mentioned, with Practice & Qualifying available, sometimes I don't even race. I'll use Practice to learn a track or adjust my car setup or follow the AI to learn where they're fast & slow. Also, try a different car than my favorite( can't stay away from the Magane TCR too long now). There is still too much to do.

I can only say that i purchased FM7 a few weeks ago and right from the start of the game i felt like i was just playing a version of FM6 with not really better graphics, a poor HDR implementation and at times really strange looking lighting system, a broken code as it crashed to desktop many times, a laggy menus, a homologation system that does not let you do proper custom races the way you want them to be, cars that look different but somehow end up feeling the same when you drive them, an obnoxious sound track in the menus, crashkid-galore online play and a career mode that made me yawn after one or two hours. Honestly, what good are 30+ tracks and 700+ cars if put in a game structure that to me reached its peak with FM6?

Then i played the pretty limited GTS content at a friends house and was immediatelly hooked by the way that game felt, the way it was presented, the way the cars handle, the sport-mode and just the attention to detail PD puts in it, which you sometimes only see if you take your time (we have goddamn butterflies at alsace circuit folks! - or deformable tyre carcass which you see in replays, or feeling the bodyroll of the cars, whereas in FM7 this to me was absent). All in all i can say that even though GTS has limited content in regard of cars and tracks, i enjoy playing that limited content way more than i enjoyed FM7 with its 'full fat' sp career mode and the really nice cars+track collection.

First of all, I couldn’t disagree more regarding the career mode of FM7. I have completed it and it’s such an improvement over FM6’s due to the simple fact that it doesn’t make you race at the same tracks but just in different cars. And the game doesn’t force you to redo a race just because you didn’t get a podium position. You can race on higher difficulties and still make progress.

Second, this is first time I’m hearing that the cars end up all feeling the same. That’s a very bold statement. Can you back that up?

Back