FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

so, if you got the game much later, as you say after you played a good deal of forza 6, you simply have no idea about those bugs, do you?
also, I am glad that now you cleared it better (the other bolded part), because in your previous post it looked to me like you tried to paint me as some elitist complex fool. :)
And because you did that, I searched a video for you to understand what LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT means, and if I was an elitist **censored**, or if the game indeed was a **censored****censored****censored**of **censored****censored****censored**
;)

I posted that I read the PC1 reviews and I wasn't going to buy that game.
I understand that the game isn't finished but I'm just saying what I clearly see while watching the video.
I got that, but he explained why the Caterham handles that way.

There is also a video with a real Caterham in the snow.

Regarding the PC2 Caterham in the snow. From Ian Bell:
The above is with a pad BTW, in the snow (obviously) :)

Caterham in snow with winter tyres.In the first part driving in very light snow,the second part driving in heavy snow.

the center "hole" in controls still exists, even after all the patching, even after they very recently got PAID by microsoft -unless they ...donated, as this game was given with monthly subscription a few months back iirc- I am pretty sure the center hole still exists.
So this, this I call a) SHOW OF DISRESPECT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS and b) a VERY GOOD INDICATION of what level of bugs AND bug-fixing should a reasonable person expect in the future, ie pcars2.
Have you actually play the game? Well I do and I have no problems whatsoever with the controls (both controller and wheel). Granted there are cars that don't drive well stock but that's just a matter of finding a good setup for it. And this will be fixed for PCARS 2 as they are going through all the cars individually to get them working stock with a controller just fine.

Have you actually play the game? Well I do and I have no problems whatsoever with the controls (both controller and wheel). Granted there are cars that don't drive well stock but that's just a matter of finding a good setup for it. And this will be fixed for PCARS 2 as they are going through all the cars individually to get them working stock with a controller just fine.
^^This. There is video of the 720S and Honda RX drifting in control. No way can this be done in PC1. However, it's being done in PC2. I'd say that's much improved to be able to control a car in a slide.

I bought the game day1, so yes, I have first hand experience.
to tell me that you dont have the day1 (months actually, not day1) pcars unprecedented problems now, two years after (even if there still are problems like the center hole I wrote above), that means NOTHING AT ALL when we are talking about pcars2 **release**

Well I guess you could keep going on forever about the 2 year old day one problems of PCARS 1. Apparently that seems to be the only thing you are interested in since you have nothing to say about the new PCARS 2 info and videos but instead keep coming back to the 2 year old stuff from the first game. If you don't want to look (even with a cautious eye) at all the improvements and new features in PCARS 2 that's your loss, not mine. And that's also the last thing I'll have to say about this silly matter.

I hope so, because launch was a mess concerning that. That and the FPS issues where my biggest concern, and it doesn't look like FPS is getting a high priority.

One of the WMD guys who was a well-known tuner on the forum and community setup database was actually hired by SMS to the position of "Handling QA Lead" for PCARS2. Each of his setups that I've tried helped a lot, so I expect better default setups in the second game.

Yesterday i played PCars 1 on pc(GTX 1070, 16gb ram and i7 7700) in media markt with TM T300 with pro pedals on a 55inch 4K samsung tv with racing seat and vibration. Just want to say one thing, the physics sucks. I drove a pagani cinque on laguna sega and that car couldn't even do a donut. Plus the FFB was loosy, when you countersteer the car just grips instantly. So saying that PCars has better physics than Forza ain't working for me. I also drove other cars like the Mercedes A classe, i swear the physics felt like NFS shift 2 with that car. The game was beautiful on that rig and screen. But i didn't enjoy it because of the physics and the small car list. Plus the cars felt like they where floating on a butter surface. Like i don't understand why people even compare this game to Asseto Corsa or I Racing when it comes to physics. They are not even close to be compared from what i have experienced.

What's wrong with it?

I play PCARS, AC, iRacing and they all have their quirks but feel pretty similar to me.
I'll also be getting FM7 since it will now be on PC.

"We interrupt this discussion thread with some breaking news..."

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...game-race-settings-for-project-cars-2?lang=en

Looking through this there is something that stands out as Forza Motorsport 7 won't feature it:

Pit-stops are live and fully animated

Project CARS 2 will allow drivers to manually control their vehicle and manoeuvre it into the pit-box. If you come in too hot and miss your box, you’ll need to reposition your car. Drivers, meanwhile, who prefer to sit back and let the game’s AI take control while in the pit-lane will be given the option to do so too in race settings.
nissanpit_orig.jpg

Pit stops in Project CARS 2 are now fully animated. Motion capture technology was used to replicate the human actions that take place during a pit-stop. 3D character models will now run around your car and complete tyre changes and fuel refills just like real-life pit crews.

The biggest challenge in creating this fully dynamic and beautifully realised animation was in capturing all the required body movements that take place in the many varied motorsport series featured in Project CARS 2, and their associated pit-stop rules. For example, some series allow tyre changes and fuel refills to happen simultaneously, whilst others must see tyre changes completed before fuel can be put into the car. You will experience pit-stops precisely as they occur in the real-world motorsport discipline you have chosen to run.

Last edited:
One of the WMD guys who was a well-known tuner on the forum and community setup database was actually hired by SMS to the position of "Handling QA Lead" for PCARS2. Each of his setups that I've tried helped a lot, so I expect better default setups in the second game.
I've been saying this for years!!! The communities surrounding most games are very active and knowledgeable so why not take full advantage of it by using community tuners to create base tunes or even multiple tunes for different tracks/conditions. Stellar idea and this could be a real game changer! Let's take it a step further and create a community database where we can rank and vote on tune and make them easily downloadable!

What's wrong with it?

I play PCARS, AC, iRacing and they all have their quirks but feel pretty similar to me.
I'll also be getting FM7 since it will now be on PC.

look from the outside view you wil see what i mean. When you try to do donuts it grip for a sec and then spins again, it just feels wrong. And people here say that you couldn't do drifting in PCars 1 like the Pcars 2 video is a good sign of how good the physics where in PCars 1 :).

I've been saying this for years!!! The communities surrounding most games are very active and knowledgeable so why not take full advantage of it by using community tuners to create base tunes or even multiple tunes for different tracks/conditions. Stellar idea and this could be a real game changer! Let's take it a step further and create a community database where we can rank and vote on tune and make them easily downloadable!
Isn't this very close to what Forza has in place already?

Isn't this very close to what Forza has in place already?
I've never played Forza so I don't know the nitty gritty details? Are the default setups on the cars provided by trusted community members?

I've never played Forza so I don't know the nitty gritty details? Are the default setups on the cars provided by trusted community members?

The default is supplied by T10, but any community member can put up a tune to be used. I made a nice chunk of in game credits from selling tunes in FM4 and the new system where you are reimbursed for downloaded, liked and used tunes.

The default is supplied by T10, but any community member can put up a tune to be used. I made a nice chunk of in game credits from selling tunes in FM4 and the new system where you are reimbursed for downloaded, liked and used tunes.
I could have sworn they hired Raceboy to do some tunes for FM5, or 6? I can't remember which.

Not sure how much truth there is to that, but I know I heard it somewhere :lol:

Not the defaults but there are plenty of community created tunes available via the tuning menu. They're rated from one to five stars by the people who use them (the game prompts you to do this after a few races). However other people's tunes are locked and unable to be fiddled with.

ETA: Tree'd by @BoneSawTX

Last edited:
I could have sworn they hired Raceboy to do some tunes for FM5, or 6? I can't remember which.

Didn't get hired, but a number of well-known painters and tuners got early access to the game in order to upload content in time for launch day.

Hopefully one day I can get added to that list to provide liveries and logos, I've done pretty well with my recent content:

You're probably correct, if they hired him to do some of defaults then I'm half right lol.

not the default setups of course!!!
but special forza cars that are gifted, these are tuned and painted (and) by members of the community.

I dont think forza's physics engine is a hackjob that you need to go and manually fix each car to behave well. IIRC they have their physics engine, they feed it the detailed data of each car, bam! "default setup".
I remember back when turn10 introduced the ferrari enzo, they questioned their engine because the simulated enzo would first understeer then violently oversteer, so they contacted ferrari.
those who know enzo details, know how this turned out..
I guess the flipside of the coin for this, is that changes come not per unit but as a whole. see open wheelers, not even one open wheeler, until engine was good for all open wheelers. or other stuff like until engine manages proper hybrid engines, not a single car will have this function until all cars have this function. personally I think this way is for the best.

Last edited:
Aye and that is just one of the many features that will make PCARS 2 stand out above everything else. ;)
It's certainly shaping up to be a really great game and I hope It will be. Plus, I just had a quick look at the car list, lots of nice gems in there and many in-class competitors, which is awesome.

ehmm.... you do know that forza has had this for ages, right?

pick a new car, goto load setup, BAM! the entire forza community's uploaded upgrades+tunes for that specific car, searchable by category, class, user-typed description (ex.drift or nurburgring or dragster), creator, rating.
You can even follow your fav creators, and next time you pick a car, opening the load tune menu will bring your fav creators up front.

And for car paints, its even ..worse: when you BUY a car, game automatically takes you to ALL community creations to pick, before even giving you a chance to pick a oem color.

oh, and creators of tunes and paints get paid in-game credits for their work based on community usage. and there are ranks to be earned both as a tuner and as a painter.
for example, you ask PJT here, does he get a steady flow of in-game cash for his 18 outstanding paintjobs?
I was a ****ing BILLIONAIRE in FORZA2 by my community shared tunes. and back then the system was little different, cars where created and sold as units. at one point I had TWO kids solely building OEM cars to my spec and putting up for sale and still couldnt meet demand. and that was what? 2008? 2007?

creators even have the ability in-game to ...port their work from previous forza games.
I've had my company stickers ported from forza 5 to horizon 2 to forza 6 to horizon 3 and soon to forza 7.

so yeah.. you say that for years you've been wishing, but I guess that for years you've been missing ;ppPp

Last edited:
ehmm.... you do know that forza has had this for ages, right?

pick a new car, goto load setup, BAM! the entire forza community's uploaded upgrades+tunes for that specific car, searchable by category, class, user-typed description (ex.drift or nurburgring or dragster), creator, rating.
You can even follow your fav creators, and next time you pick a car, opening the load tune menu will bring your fav creators up front.

And for car paints, its even ..worse: when you BUY a car, game automatically takes you to ALL community creations to pick, before even giving you a chance to pick a oem color.

oh, and creators of tunes and paints get paid in-game credits for their work based on community usage. and there are ranks to be earned both as a tuner and as a painter.
for example, you ask PJT here, does he get a steady flow of in-game cash for his 18 outstanding paintjobs?
I was a ****ing BILLIONAIRE in FORZA2 by my community shared tunes. and back then the system was little different, cars where created and sold as units. at one point I had TWO kids solely building OEM cars to my spec and putting up for sale and still couldnt meet demand. and that was what? 2008? 2007?
creators even have the ability in-game to ...port their work from previous forza games.
I've had my company stickers ported from forza 5 to horizon 2 to forza 6 to horizon 3 and soon to forza 7.

so yeah.. you say that for years you've been wishing, but I guess that for years you've been missing ;ppPp
I had no idea actually. I don't come into the Forza Forum very often and I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it. There's a lot more to this game than I imagined!

I had no idea actually. I don't come into the Forza Forum very often and I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it. There's a lot more to this game than I imagined!

Yep, during the pre-launch review period for FM6, I saw quite a lot of big community members' names in the paints and tunes sections of the game. It's a good way to make sure there are a lot of (good) options for players on day one. That being said...

This is a double-edged sword. It's great because you never lose the time sunk into previous designs. But, the ability to import old designs/layer groups means the editor has barely changed in... a decade? It gained a bunch of new textures on XB1, and whites are now actually white, but there are a few limitations with the editor. Being able to use the same textures available on the car body for the shapes would be a big improvement for example.

Also, you've already been told to improve your grammar.

Back