Fond Memories of GT1......

I remember poping in the disc and seeing that video....its my fav GT vid of all time.....then i started playing...but, I had no memory card. So my PS1 stayed on for 4 months until I bought one. Everyday after school I ran home to play it:lol: . When Id pass a license test(I sucked at license test until I got the "Basics of racing" down) I used to tell my friends. They didnt even know what Gran Turismo was!!! that game ran my life for awhile. I got some good memories from that game......

Hi JamaicanDrifter. Nice to see you checking out the GT1 forum, you know it isn't dead and buried yet. You can still join a race challenge if you want.

Very cool, Jamaican. I think the longest I ever left my PS1 on without playing was perhaps a few hours. Hey I noticed in your interests you put GT before your girlfriend! :embarrassed:

Last edited:
LOL, This reminds me of when I was really sprung on GT, I turned it on right after work and fell right to sleep, Left it on for 7 hours while i was pitting! And yes, I did take last place in that race! :-)

HYBRIDLVR
LOL, This reminds me of when I was really sprung on GT, I turned it on right after work and fell right to sleep, Left it on for 7 hours while i was pitting! And yes, I did take last place in that race! :-)

7 hours for a pit stop. What where they doing, rebuilding the car???

TMM
7 hours for a pit stop. What where they doing, rebuilding the car???
I don't think you read Correctly, I was so tired and still had to play GT1, On my first Pit stop I fail to sleep for 7 hours while the PS-1 was still active!

I remember when I first played GT. I borrowed it from a friend who eventually sold it to me. It hooked me in from the beginning and it still has me hooked.:)

I used to go to my grandparents every sunday and the only reason i wanted to go was to play my uncles copy of GT1. I got sick of always winning Mazda Demio's but was hooked so got a PS1 for christmas that year and played it all day every day.. what memories...

Yeah I think Ill enter the race thingy.....Yeah Gran Turismo 1,2,4(My favs)will always come before a girlfriend untill I find one that actually makes me not wanna play GT;) :lol:

HYBRIDLVR
I don't think you read Correctly, I was so tired and still had to play GT1, On my first Pit stop I fail to sleep for 7 hours while the PS-1 was still active!

I did read the post properly, I was trying to be funny... And failing...

JamaicanDrifter
Yeah I think Ill enter the race thingy.....Yeah Gran Turismo 1,2,4(My favs)will always come before a girlfriend untill I find one that actually makes me not wanna play GT;) :lol:

Their not doing it right...

I remember when I used to go and stay at my GF's when she was away at uni, I used to take my PS1 and GT there forb the weekend. I used to wake up on staurday morning and the first thing would be PS1 on and GT in, then she would wake up and the rest is history... I upgraded her to the wife and child model, best thing I ever did, honest!!!

Another thing was back then I didnt know what a Skyline R33 or a Supra RZ was:dunce: !!. Much less tuning a car. I used to just get the Stage 4 Turbo or NA tune and slap on a racing modification and hit the track....its a wonder I beat the game:) .

HYBRIDLVR
Cheers to that!

Gee thanks for the support...

JamaicanDrifter
Another thing was back then I didnt know what a Skyline R33 or a Supra RZ was:dunce: !!. Much less tuning a car. I used to just get the Stage 4 Turbo or NA tune and slap on a racing modification and hit the track....its a wonder I beat the game:) .

That is what is so good about GT1. You couldn't just buy or win a car from the early stages and it would beat everything. With the Normal Car Cup and the endurance races you had a real challenge.

Honesly, If you could Hybrid in GT4, There would be no rush for GT5 because of the amount of awesome cars and Tracks, The game would keep you busy for years in order to get your garage exacly how you want it, IMO!

HYBRIDLVR
Honesly, If you could Hybrid in GT4, There would be no rush for GT5 because of the amount of awesome cars and Tracks, The game would keep you busy for years in order to get your garage exacly how you want it, IMO!

You can't hybrid in GT4?

Last edited:
JamaicanDrifter
If they made GT5 a hybrid between GT1/2/4, that would be ultimate. They need to have some answer serveys to make this game perfect as possible....

This opens up interesting theories. Since GT5 will no doubt be a PS3 game with online capabilities (and hopefully damage) Polyphony will have their hands full just trying to make the game successful and as glitch-free as possible; hence some beloved features of earlier games (as well as cars!) will need to be sacrificed.

I'm picturing a re-hash of GT3 (less cars, but more capabilities).

Last edited:
HYBRIDLVR
Nope, Please don't remind me anymore, I haven't quite got over it yet!

Well I get what you mean...I am pretty bummed that you can't qualify OR practice laps in GT4. I hear that in series races and some more advanced events it is possible to qualify/do laps, but not in easier races. GT4 is so frickin awesome in every way possible...then they had to change something drastic.

Last edited:
Yeah, GT4 is really cool.

I just got GT1 from my brother, I mean, a copy that works without have to open and close the disk thingy during loading. I got the manual too, which is sweet. But now it seems GT4 has eaten a great deal of my PS2 time, lol.

HACKr

I just got GT1 from my brother, I mean, a copy that works without have to open and close the disk thingy during loading. I got the manual too, which is sweet. But now it seems GT4 has eaten a great deal of my PS2 time, lol.

I agree. People who say GT4 sucks ...I don't know how anyone could say it sucks. I barely touched it, then put it away 3 weeks ago because it was so awesome. I want it to be the dessert after dinner I guess. GT1 is awesome too in many ways not found in GT4: complete gearing and power/torque charts? Variable turbo boost gauge? the original Route 11? Real-time qualifying runs? They're not in GT4!

Last edited:
HACKr

Do you have a Dex Drive? I would love for someone to view my GT1 Garage and try the cars!

HYBRIDLVR
Do you have a Dex Drive? I would love for someone to view my GT1 Garage and try the cars!

No dex drive, sorry. Anyway, my PS1 is long gone. I sold it to buy my memory card.

I can remember playin the demo when I was 8-9 and then goin I want this game. Then I as a lot of people didn't have memory card but I thought the PS1 would overheat so I would start over everyday with a different car each time.

Eventually I got a memory card and made a game in which I only ran spot races for the longest time cuz my 9 year old brain thought everyrace only gave you $1,000 for winning and the spot races were the only one I could win on.

Then eventually I bought a Mazda Cosmos or something and did the sunday cup and found the bueaty of gettin paid well for winning. After that I proceeded to put the biggest turbo or N/A tune up on everycar I could cuz I thought only horspower mattered. After awhile I noticed the cars with a high stock horsepower could go a higher top speed when tuned before hittin the rev limiter, but it never occured to me till GT3 I think to change the gears in the car.

Hey!!!! I just remembered SS Route 11!!!! That was the pinicle of night time endurance racing.....and the revers track......hey did any of you guys have the S14 Silvia LM car? Was that real? Oh., and SS Route 11 SUCKED in GT3.....Id though I just throw that in there....:)

HYBRIDLVR

can you send me please your save, i'm playing GT1 even these days of GT4, i hope you have some good drift cars:)

JamaicanDrifter
Hey!!!! I just remembered SS Route 11!!!! That was the pinicle of night time endurance racing.....and the revers track......hey did any of you guys have the S14 Silvia LM car? Was that real? Oh., and SS Route 11 SUCKED in GT3.....Id though I just throw that in there....:)

Never had the Silvia LM...but I did get a Cerbera, both Copperheads, and all the special Vipers. I'm sure the Silvia kicks ass. My very first GT car of all time was a black '88 Silvia Q's with the 1.8 liter!

I wouldn't say Route 11 sucks in GT3...it's just not as challenging. There are still plenty of people who don't get that track even without the Dual Chicane of Death thrown in! It takes plenty of patience to master entering and exiting all those hairpins without tagging walls.

Last edited:
xjr-9
What do you mean by "no-hybrids" in GT4. I know yo don't mean hybrid engines, but am still unsure.

xjr-9
I mean you can't take parts from one car and put them in another like you can GT1 thru GT3...

asasega
can you send me please your save, i'm playing GT1 even these days of GT4, i hope you have some good drift cars
My GT1 and GT2 are in Dex drive format, You will need a Dex Drive or a Emulator to use the save! Do you have one?

Back