For the love of crap: NEW CARS EVER!?????

  • Thread starter Thread starter scottjua
  • 121 comments
  • 9,900 views
You obviously don't know all the data needs to be collected to make a (premium) car then.

Fly the car to the location.

find every stitch on the seats,

get ever label on every knob on.

model the exterior,
etc, and your Still not done.

Then you have to work on performance, how the car feels through winding corners, does it stick it's tail out? is there lag in the acceleration.

And don't mistake me for a fanboy, because I'm not, the game is seriously flawed, yet I still play because i have fun actually driving the cars.

Fly the car to the location? Are you insane?

I actually DO know what it takes to model a car (I am not an expert, but I have dabbled quite a bit) and I can pretty much guarantee you nobody flew any car anywhere. More like if anything got flowm, they flew a photographer out to take pictures of it. They certainly didn't model every stitch on the seats and if they did they want to model the stitches instead of texturing them (WAY more likely) it would have been achieved through bump mapping rather than actually modeling the individual threads. The physics of the car are decided by the game, not by the modeling. Animation and something called 'kinematics' (basically how the car reacts and moves) are decided by the animation program.

Six months is WAY generous...
 
Last edited:
Back