For the love of crap: NEW CARS EVER!?????

  • Thread starter Thread starter scottjua
  • 121 comments
  • 9,900 views
Correction: 200 GT5 cars + 800 GT4 cars just isn't enough.

This was common knowledge before the game was released. If people weren't happy with it why did they buy the game?
 
The numbers that everyone quotes like that are in "working hours". One month of "working hours" is four people working for a week. I hope it doesn't take 6 actual months of work to model a car.

Yea its 6months of man hours
 
This was common knowledge before the game was released. If people weren't happy with it why did they buy the game?

No it wasn't.

Not too long before release even ISR was saying every car in GT5 would look better than in prologue and the news was dropped very quietly by PD... even then little detail was given and it was pretty cryptic to the point that weeks after release people were still shocked to find out standard cars had no cockpits.
 
Wow this thread really took a life of its own.

I realize there are 1000 cars, and like some others I lament the fact that to get the magical 1000 cars we have variations of the same exact car. To me this is not in fact 1000 cars.

Also like other have stated, there are cars included in the game that MOST people have ZERO desire to drive for any reason. The used car lot is littered with the evidence.

I just can't stand the fact that PD has the ability and license to create in-game cars like the FT86 II, and already have it rendered in-game, yet can't release it for us to play.

Also, with RUF, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and many other makes with a license in GT5, why on earth aren't we seeing new models being added to the game?

Are we seriously never going to see a Testarossa, F355, F50, 250 GTO, 997 RUF RGT, Premium Countach QV, Espada, Gallardo Supeleggerra, etc. etc.?

And not just those brands, but many more from so many other Marques? Come on... I want to re-live my drive in the Aston V12 Vantage... Rapide, etc.
 
No it wasn't.

weeks after release people were still shocked to find out standard cars had no cockpits.

http://www.psuni.com/gt5-standard-cars-will-not-have-cockpit-view-4048/

Jun 16, 2010
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247.html
"Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views."

I'm sure 12 hrs after release you could find many reviews on the game if you were considering buying it.

Do those people live under a rock?
HVGuh43-_78_t.jpg
 
Last edited:
You must have been living under a rock if you don't know that the very heated discussion about cockpit views on standard cars went on almost up to the last minute before release, and that quite a number of people, even after release, still were convinced there would be a cockpit view. These people were misinformed, yes. But arguing that the matter was cleared up entirely in June is either very ignorant, or you missed one of the biggest arguments prior to release completely.
 
^Judging my his join date maybe he missed all that :)
 
Ofcourse I prefer driving a Daihatsu Move or some electric 'activist cars' over the latest RS5 Quattro, M6 or VW Scirocco. Who wouldn't, right?
 
I just thought earlier today: if PD did one thing right they put enough cars in the game. I'd like to see some more tracks. You would think it would be easy to upload the old tracks from the old games: Swiss Alps, Apricot, Tahiti Maze, and on and on...

Anybody who thinks there isn't enough cars in the game should turn the aids off and drive the hell out the cars. I guarantee anyone who says there are not enough cars ignores the cars that are harder to drive but more rewarding in the end: RUF's, Zondas, and all the 20,000,000 cr cars if you can get your hands on them!
 
I do look forward to some new DLCs: the most current Aston Martin is the DB9 from '06. Aston Martin has since built the beautiful V8 and V12 Vantage, the DBS, and the One-77. Can't wait to purchase those cars.
 
You must have been living under a rock if you don't know that the very heated discussion about cockpit views on standard cars went on almost up to the last minute before release, and that quite a number of people, even after release, still were convinced there would be a cockpit view. These people were misinformed, yes. But arguing that the matter was cleared up entirely in June is either very ignorant, or you missed one of the biggest arguments prior to release completely.

I'm not sure if people were just in denial or misinformed, but the fact is as of June 16 2010 the cockpit matter was totally clear regardless of their acceptance of the news. I didn't miss the arguments I just ignored them and relied on official releases and reviews by people who played the game rather than reading a lot of speculative posts.

My point is as a consumer you can research a product and determine if your hopes and expectations are realized or not and then decide to spend money on that product.
 
Why isn't there a simple 'generic' cockpit view for Standards?

No-one in their right minds expects fully modeled interior views to magically appear, but if you are wedded to cockpit view to race, it seems idiotic that a generic view isn't offered as an option...
 
Why isn't there a simple 'generic' cockpit view for Standards?

No-one in their right minds expects fully modeled interior views to magically appear, but if you are wedded to cockpit view to race, it seems idiotic that a generic view isn't offered as an option...

Who knows, but it should have been done like that to atleast mimic GT for PSP since it took so many things from that version, including the cars.
 
Why isn't there a simple 'generic' cockpit view for Standards?

No-one in their right minds expects fully modeled interior views to magically appear, but if you are wedded to cockpit view to race, it seems idiotic that a generic view isn't offered as an option...
It seems logical but who knows. A lot of easy fixes to things like that in this game. Some of the game seems to be a step forward and others a step back.
 
I remember somebody bringing up cockpit outlines for standard cars similar to the cockpit view in the PSP version on Twitter. Kaz responded with surprise, saying something along the lines of: "You would find that acceptable?".
 
Last edited:
I remember somebody bringing up cockpit outlines for standard cars similar to the cockpit view in the PSP version. Kaz responded with surprise, saying something along the lines of: "You would find that acceptable?".
Lol, poor Kaz just can't win.
 
New cars? No thanks but I prefer fixing the engine sound for the iconic cars we have in GT5 (Ferraris, Lambos, Mclaren, etc .. Bugatti) .. this way you'll have a couple of new cars.

Seriously, how hard can it be?
 
Seriously, how hard can it be?

Evidently very! They have made 5 installments of this game more if you count prologues. If they haven't gotten sounds right yet they are not going to change.
 
40% of the cars in this game are crap and you'll never consider using. Honda Fit, Volvos, etc

25% are cars that are cool and you just want to have, but will never use. Muscle cars, vintage cars, Transcammer, etc

25% are cars you may use once or twice then forget. Camaro SS, Any Skyline, etc

5% are cars you go nuts trying to get, use once or twice, then move on. F2007, 2J, Ford Mk IV

5% are cars you will use on a regular basis. X2010, ZR-1, Playstation Audi, etc.

That's assuming you have every car available, which is now impossible. Your mileage may vary. The argument that there are 1000 cars in the game doesn't work.
They should keep those 5% and get rid of the rest?

Also, speak for yourself. I do use cars from every hp-range, standard and premium.

It's a ridiculous way of thinking:
* there's 1000+ cars
* about 90% of the cars you'll (almost) never use
* if we almost never use those cars, it's as if they're not there
* hence there's only 100 cars.
* 100 cars is not enough
 
I keep asking myself how I could ever play Top Gear 2 on the SNES for months and months. The same few cars, all the time! The same few tracks, all the time! Why didn't I harass Kemco for not releasing additional content back then!?


Oh, wait...
 
Wahaha, more cars? Yeah because you obviously already own 1000+ cars and have spent a day on each fine tuning the handling of each one to make it the best it can be.

Another punter who "just doesn't get it".

Please exit the GT forums immediately for such nonsensical statements.

What exactly don't I get ? You people keep saying "1000 cars not enough ? You're just being childish blah blah etc" Well, 800 of those cars I played to death in GT4 for 5 years. So that leaves us with 200 new cars, some of which are just premium versions of standard cars. Those 200 are very nice, I have more than 300 standard cars, too. I enjoy driving them all.

I suppose saying "I want more cars" isn't exactly correct. It should be "I want different cars".

You know, if GT5 was exclusively made up of 1000+ versions of Skylines, MX5, Evo, Civic etc I think you would still be peddling the same "1000 cars not enough ?" crap.

There are so many cars released in the 2-3 years running up to the game's release that aren't in that really should have been included.

Wow this thread really took a life of its own.

I realize there are 1000 cars, and like some others I lament the fact that to get the magical 1000 cars we have variations of the same exact car. To me this is not in fact 1000 cars.

Also like other have stated, there are cars included in the game that MOST people have ZERO desire to drive for any reason. The used car lot is littered with the evidence.

I just can't stand the fact that PD has the ability and license to create in-game cars like the FT86 II, and already have it rendered in-game, yet can't release it for us to play.

Also, with RUF, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and many other makes with a license in GT5, why on earth aren't we seeing new models being added to the game?

Are we seriously never going to see a Testarossa, F355, F50, 250 GTO, 997 RUF RGT, Premium Countach QV, Espada, Gallardo Supeleggerra, etc. etc.?

And not just those brands, but many more from so many other Marques? Come on... I want to re-live my drive in the Aston V12 Vantage... Rapide, etc.

My thoughts, as well.

Ofcourse I prefer driving a Daihatsu Move or some electric 'activist cars' over the latest RS5 Quattro, M6 or VW Scirocco. Who wouldn't, right?

Ditto.
 
If it takes someone 6 months to create a car, I would advise them to higher new workers. Its not like they have to do the engine bay, the trunk and under the car. It would be nice of them to do that for us, but sadly they didn't which quite pisses me off to understand why did it take so long.
 
If it takes someone 6 months to create a car, I would advise them to higher new workers. Its not like they have to do the engine bay, the trunk and under the car. It would be nice of them to do that for us, but sadly they didn't which quite pisses me off to understand why did it take so long.
You obviously don't know all the data needs to be collected to make a (premium) car then.

Fly the car to the location.

find every stitch on the seats,

get ever label on every knob on.

model the exterior,
etc, and your Still not done.

Then you have to work on performance, how the car feels through winding corners, does it stick it's tail out? is there lag in the acceleration.

And don't mistake me for a fanboy, because I'm not, the game is seriously flawed, yet I still play because i have fun actually driving the cars.
 
You obviously don't know all the data needs to be collected to make a (premium) car then.

Fly the car to the location.

find every stitch on the seats,

get ever label on every knob on.

model the exterior,
etc, and your Still not done.

Then you have to work on performance, how the car feels through winding corners, does it stick it's tail out? is there lag in the acceleration.

And don't mistake me for a fanboy, because I'm not, the game is seriously flawed, yet I still play because i have fun actually driving the cars.

And they still couldn't get it right...
 
I remember somebody bringing up cockpit outlines for standard cars similar to the cockpit view in the PSP version on Twitter. Kaz responded with surprise, saying something along the lines of: "You would find that acceptable?".

And nobody tweeted back that at least it was better than what he had given us?

It only proves once again that Kaz doesn't PLAY the game... He just hotlaps the 'Ring in a Premium car every now and again, and as that is pretty good, he thinks the whole game is, too. :rolleyes:
 
New cars are needed, not for the sake of having more cars but because many historic cars are missing. Ferrari for example, wheres the F50, F355, 250GTO, Dino etc. Aston Martin has 3 cars, the DB9 (two versions) the Vanquish and an old V8 Vantage. Where's the new Vantage, the DBS and the LMP2 car, and some older cars like the DB5 (or DB6 which was in GT2). It's not just exotic cars either, Renault is severely lacking in new cars, no new Clio, Megane, Twingo all of which I believe have Renaultsport varients.
 
And nobody tweeted back that at least it was better than what he had given us?

It only proves once again that Kaz doesn't PLAY the game... He just hotlaps the 'Ring in a Premium car every now and again, and as that is pretty good, he thinks the whole game is, too. :rolleyes:

You have no idea what developing such a enormous piece of software means, how much work it is.
 
Do you ?

I don't have to be a car manufacturer to say that a car sucks when it OBVIOUSLY sucks.
 
Back