For Those Of You Who Have Forza 6 And GT6, Which Do You Like More?

The price for Forza 6 is $59.99
The Price for GT6 is $14.99

The difference is $45 dollars at this moment, so you are quite literally right saying they have a price difference. You're not right in the way you approached the situation though, as something that is completely optional should not be considered when talking about price of two base games.

The arguement of DLC is not a great one, as it's optional and is not required in any way whatsoever to enjoy the vast amount of cars that the base game already has. If you don't feel like paying for DLC than dont as you're more then likely going to get them in the next iteration(or some kind of different trim of said vehicle, at least.) The amount of free DLC in the past Forza games have already rivaled that of PD. This trend has continued for iterations, so I don't see it stopping here.

The season pass covers 6 months worth of DLC, which is around $30 if I remember correctly.

Fact: Paid DLC is optional. It was in GT5, it is in FM6.
Fact: The Paid DLC so far in FM6 totals $30 - if you've bought the season pass (42 cars). If you're buying each individual pack, the three so far total $21. There are still three more packs to go to cover the season pass, and as many as nine more total.
Fact: FM6 has also had free monthly cars (Infiniti Q60, NISMO GT-R LM, Silvia).

Then If you compare both games taking only their buying price and nothing else, then exclude all the DLC's and the season pass and everything that its not free.
In GT6 absolutely everything has been free so far and you only had to buy the game... including online of course. So give credit where its due.
GT6 clearly more value for the money than forza IMO

Then If you compare both games taking only their buying price and nothing else, then exclude all the DLC's and the season pass and everything that its not free.
In GT6 absolutely everything has been free so far and you only had to buy the game... including online of course. So give credit where its due.
You don't make sense. If you're choosing to ignore Forzas dlc, why aren't you doing the same for GT?

Give credit where it's due? You're the only one choosing to ignore things, not me.

As someone who has 10k plus miles in GT6 and Forza 6,95% of those miles single player, I find forza 6 has a much larger single player experience then Gt6. Forza 6 career mode got to be repetitive at times, I found by mixing in showcase events and switching up cars in career alleviated some of the monotony. The free play mode in Forza 6 is where I am having a blast. Setting up races how you want and against certain divisions of racing etc. I love both games, but since I'm not huge on multiplayer, I like Forza 6 better in that regard. The painting and designing is excellent, and if your not great at it, it's super easy to get a great design from the community. It's easy to find a great tune as well. On the tuning note though, I'm not a great tuner, I've always found Gran Turismos tuning community much more open, and easier to find tunes on the Internet. Due to the fact that in Forza people make money off their tunes, and they are "locked", you don't find much online in the way of tunes you can get. You can't change or tweak anything, not even final drive. I actually found GT planet by searching tunes for gt5 and gt6 and discovered the master that is Praiano. I spent hours imputing his tunes in gt5 and gt6, and actually learned some. They are both great games to me, it's probably unfair to compare them though, being ones on this generation of consoles. Will be a much fairer comparison when GT sport comes out. :)

You don't make sense. If you're choosing to ignore Forzas dlc, why aren't you doing the same for GT?

Give credit where it's due? You're the only one choosing to ignore things, not me.
Because in GT everything is free as I said. Of course I make sense.
You have two options, one is ignore paid DLC and paid extra services that come along with forza that you have to pay apart of the game. And the other is to acknowledge that forza is clearly the more expensive game and add it on the very top to the list of cons.

I haven't explored everything yet (in fact, I doubt anyone has), but I'm saying that with the fact that FM6 has fewer cars and tracks than GT6, I expect to run out of different combos to try far more quickly than in I would in GT6. Plus, with GT6's Course Creator, there's a huge, huge amount of new stuff to do coming out daily - something FM just doesn't have.
With nearly 500 cars and over 100 layouts in Forza, if you drove each combination for only 10 minutes that's 8381 hours of driving time, not including navigating menus, customization, loading time etc. That's nearly 24 hours a day for an entire year. Even if you only drove the full circuits it's still well over 2000 hours, and that's with only a single tire combination. Exactly how much time do you spend driving in Forza that you can run out of combinations to try in the near future?.

With nearly 500 cars and over 100 layouts in Forza, if you drove each combination for only 10 minutes that's 8381 hours of driving time, not including navigating menus, customization, loading time etc. That's nearly 24 hours a day for an entire year. Even if you only drove the full circuits it's still well over 2000 hours, and that's with only a single tire combination. Exactly how much time do you spend driving in Forza that you can run out of combinations to try in the near future?.
I didn't say that I would run out in the near future. I said it would take me less time to run out than it would in GT.

I didn't say that I would run out in the near future. I said it would take me less time to run out than it would in GT.
You don't think one game having 8000 hours of combinations vs. another with 16000 hours of combinations kind of makes that aspect of the comparison irrelevant and your statement meaningless? Both games clearly have more than enough content to keep any enthusiastic player busy until the next game is released, so which game has more or less is kind of moot.

Because in GT everything is free as I said. Of course I make sense.
You have two options, one is ignore paid DLC and paid extra services that come along with forza that you have to pay apart of the game. And the other is to acknowledge that forza is clearly the more expensive game and add it on the very top to the list of cons.
No, it literally made no sense for you to remove DLC from Forza and then use that as an example as to why GT is better because it's free. If we are removing DLC, remove it from both parties not one. You're deliberately and purposely excluding those options just to uneven the result. Ridiculous.

You don't think one game having 8000 hours of combinations vs. another with 16000 hours of combinations kind of makes that aspect of the comparison irrelevant and your statement meaningless? Both games clearly have more than enough content to keep any enthusiastic player busy until the next game is released, so which game has more or less is kind of moot.
You clearly don't know my playing habits, lol. :D While much of my time is spent looking for new combos, a significant amount of it is also spent repeating combos I enjoy, just like any other player. Just because I enjoy trying to find new combos doesn't mean I'm going to do that constantly.

Again, I think my argument still stands just because of the sheer amount of crazy combos you can have on GT. Karts on the Nordschleife? Check. Red Bulls in London? Check. Yes, Forza has crazy combos too, but not as many. I like trying out sensible combos more, though, and even on that level GT6 still beats Forza due to the sheer amount of content.

I really don't like you calling my reasons for liking GT6 over FM6 "irrelevant" and "meaningless." That's a bit undeserved. If you don't agree with my reasons for preferring GT6, fine, but don't do that. I can like what I want to.

You clearly don't know my playing habits, lol. :D While much of my time is spent looking for new combos, a significant amount of it is also spent repeating combos I enjoy, just like any other player. Just because I enjoy trying to find new combos doesn't mean I'm going to do that constantly.

Again, I think my argument still stands just because of the sheer amount of crazy combos you can have on GT. Karts on the Nordschleife? Check. Red Bulls in London? Check. Yes, Forza has crazy combos too, but not as many. I like trying out sensible combos more, though, and even on that level GT6 still beats Forza due to the sheer amount of content.

You seem like you're arguing against yourself here. You like new combos, but you also like driving your old combos. I don't see how you're going to actually run yourself out of content on either game, so it seems like a moot point.

It's like saying that five hundred cakes are worse than ten thousand cakes. Technically, I suppose it's true. But really, you're going to have all the cake you can possibly eat for a month, and then you're going to have a big pile of mouldy cake. There's no way you're eating your way through five hundred or ten thousand cakes. The only real difference is the childish pleasure of going "my one's bigger than your one".

Which is admittedly fun.

Liking specific tracks and cars that are only available in one game a rational reason for liking one over the other. Claiming that FM6 is going to run out of content faster is not. It's possible, but it's really not going to happen unless you simply refuse to drive the vast majority of the cars and tracks. In which case, you're doing it to yourself.

There's more than enough content to drive FM6 for 40 hours a week for the next two years, and then you can buy FM7.

You seem like you're arguing against yourself here. You like new combos, but you also like driving your old combos. I don't see how you're going to actually run yourself out of content on either game, so it seems like a moot point.

It's like saying that five hundred cakes are worse than ten thousand cakes. Technically, I suppose it's true. But really, you're going to have all the cake you can possibly eat for a month, and then you're going to have a big pile of mouldy cake. There's no way you're eating your way through five hundred or ten thousand cakes. The only real difference is the childish pleasure of going "my one's bigger than your one".

Which is admittedly fun.

Liking specific tracks and cars that are only available in one game a rational reason for liking one over the other. Claiming that FM6 is going to run out of content faster is not. It's possible, but it's really not going to happen unless you simply refuse to drive the vast majority of the cars and tracks. In which case, you're doing it to yourself.

There's more than enough content to drive FM6 for 40 hours a week for the next two years, and then you can buy FM7.
That's a fair enough point, but there are numerous other reasons I still think GT6 is better. Among many other things, to me the replays are better, the tracks are more enjoyable to race on, there are more cars that I like driving (*cough*ZZW30 MR2 Spyder*cough*, the photo mode just absolutely sits on Forza's, there are day/night transitions, you can adjust the weather, and a few other things. Does Forza have its advantages? Yes, but to me they aren't enough to make Forza my daily driver.

If I want the advantages GT6 offers, I play GT6. If I want the advantages FM6 offers, I play FM6. Simple.

Now can we please stop making this thread about me? It seems like whenever I make a post, the whole discussion becomes about me and the reasons behind my opinion.

TeamCZRRacing
Now can we please stop making this thread about me? It seems like whenever I
make a post, the whole discussion becomes about me and the reasons behind
my opinion.

You can start by stop posting on this thread.

I really don't like you calling my reasons for liking GT6 over FM6 "irrelevant" and "meaningless." That's a bit undeserved. If you don't agree with my reasons for preferring GT6, fine, but don't do that. I can like what I want to.
Your argument doesn't stand, because your initial point, before you moved the goalposts was,"I expect to run out of different combos to try far more quickly than in I would in GT6". Given that there are more than 8000 hours of gameplay in Forza from short stints with all car/track combinations, will never happen, hence your point being meaningless. Note that I didn't say your preference for one game or the other or your opinion is meaningless, just your reasoning behind it. Unless you play 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 2 years, you won't run out of combinations in either game.

I haven't explored everything yet (in fact, I doubt anyone has), but I'm saying that with the fact that FM6 has fewer cars and tracks than GT6, I expect to run out of different combos to try far more quickly than in I would in GT6.

Emphasis mine. You'll understand my confusion, then, when you say something like this:

With FM6, you simply run out of things to do quicker (at least offline).

...after owning a game for a month.

As @Imari said, while it's technically true that you will eventually run out of combinations in FM6 versus GT6, it's a bit like saying you'll get to Barnard's Star quicker than you will Sirius. One is only 6 lightyears away, while the other is over 8.5, but really, you're never making it to either in your lifetime.

So quick to move the goalposts after crafting numbers out of thin air, it seems.

It's good that a car-count-per-$ is important to you. To me, what I can do with those cars is just as important, if not more so. I don't know many people that would consider 464 fully-modelled cars a low number, but I'm sure they're out there. That's fine; I'm more than content with that number (well, I'm up to 500+ now, but that's with the evil paid DLC).

The fun thing is that's barely more than GT6's Premium count (438). If PD focus on quality and ditch the standards for GT Sport (and, uh, keep every single Premium), they'll be entering this generation on their back foot from a numbers perspective, but only barely. And that doesn't take into account the models that use adaptive tessellation, or if more are given the treatment. Though all but the rally cars are still missing the under-hood/trunk modelling. You win some, you lose some.

What will be interesting, if GT does lose the gigantic roster calling card it's lorded over the genre for a decade, is how the fanbase will react. Personally, I'd be more than okay with it, as the idea of PD rolling out on the dominant PS4 with nothing but the best quality they can provide us sounds like a fantastic move.

lol, you can't tell me that something makes perfect sense when it's perfectly clear that it doesn't
You think so? well, thats your (strange) opinion, not mine
No, it literally made no sense for you to remove DLC from Forza and then use that as an example as to why GT is better because it's free. If we are removing DLC, remove it from both parties not one. You're deliberately and purposely excluding those options just to uneven the result. Ridiculous.
No, you are completely overlooking the fact that forza series are in general far more expensive considering all the paid DLC and F6 is no exception. So its no problem if one product is more expensive than the other and its not a con?
An iphone being ridiculously expensive compared to pretty much all the android rivals is not a con? Come on, get real.
I repeat, I said exclude the paid DLC only, not the free DLC

So quick to move the goalposts after crafting numbers out of thin air, it seems.

It's good that a car-count-per-$ is important to you. To me, what I can do with those cars is just as important, if not more so. I don't know many people that would consider 464 fully-modelled cars a low number, but I'm sure they're out there. That's fine; I'm more than content with that number (well, I'm up to 500+ now, but that's with the evil paid DLC).

The fun thing is that's barely more than GT6's Premium count (438). If PD focus on quality and ditch the standards for GT Sport (and, uh, keep every single Premium), they'll be entering this generation on their back foot from a numbers perspective, but only barely. And that doesn't take into account the models that use adaptive tessellation, or if more are given the treatment. Though all but the rally cars are still missing the under-hood/trunk modelling. You win some, you lose some.

What will be interesting, if GT does lose the gigantic roster calling card it's lorded over the genre for a decade, is how the fanbase will react. Personally, I'd be more than okay with it, as the idea of PD rolling out on the dominant PS4 with nothing but the best quality they can provide us sounds like a fantastic move.
Well, someone here accused me of "ignoring" some forza's DLC because they're not free and others choose to ignore more than half of GT6 cars because they have not enough graphics detail... Nice.

GT6 has 1200+ cars.

Standards will stay according to Kaz, and I'm glad he said it.
Quality and graphics details are extremely overrated and overhyped things these days. Games are not there for being watched but for being played. Games are not visual shows, games are games. There's no need to have cars modeled to the most extreme details to include the tiniest pieces and bolts.

GT6 has 1200+ cars.

Yeah, and over half of them are duplicates and standards. If we count the premiums only (which is fair), GT6 has a pretty lacklustre car list compared to Forza 6.

Quality and graphics details are extremely overrated and overhyped things these days.

That doesn't mean PD has the right to use PS2 assets on a PS4.
--
In my opinion, the solution is simple. Ditch all of the duplicates and a majority of the standards (bringing them up to premium quality- cars like the supra have been neglected for some time now), and focus on making that car list stronger with more desirable cars.

You guys are always missing something very important when it comes to compare GT6 and forza games.

Their price.

GT6 has absolutely no paid DLC so far. Every update has come for free.

How much does Forza 6 cost, including ALL paid DLC? 150€? more?

Ok lets be generous to forza and say the total is 120 which is twice what GT6 costs (60)
Is FM6 twice better than GT6? Definitely not. Considering both hardware I think F6 is just marginally better at most.

So taking in count the quality-price factor GT6 wins by far.

So you want to compare like for like? Then you do indeed have to compare them equally, which is day one with no additional paid DLC or updates. Anything else would be unfair. You have to compare two $60 launch games with no DLC on either side, and no updates.

So now how is GT6 clearly more value for the money? What more do you get for your $60? You don't get half the pre-advertised features for a start.

Yeah, and over half of them are duplicates and standards. If we count the premiums only (which is fair), GT6 has a pretty lacklustre car list compared to Forza 6.

That doesn't mean PD has the right to use PS2 assets on a PS4.
--
In my opinion, the solution is simple. Ditch all of the duplicates and a majority of the standards (bringing them up to premium quality- cars like the supra have been neglected for some time now), and focus on making that car list stronger with more desirable cars.
Just because you are maybe not a car fan but a graphics fan doesnt mean the standards have to be ditched. There are plenty of great cars amongst the standards. And no one said they would be PS2 assets. Standards mean 2nd class quality compared to premiums. Saying that there will be PS2 assets in the PS4 is like PS1 assets in the PS3 and that never happened, obviously.

So you want to compare like for like? Then you do indeed have to compare them equally, which is day one with no additional paid DLC or updates. Anything else would be unfair. You have to compare two $60 launch games with no DLC on either side, and no updates.

So now how is GT6 clearly more value for the money? What more do you get for your $60? You don't get half the pre-advertised features for a start.
I compare what you get for the money you pay when you buy the games, it is that simple. I did not exclude the free DLC.

Nice try though. Or maybe not that nice, it was a rather weak try.

Just because you are maybe not a car fan but a graphics fan doesnt mean the standards have to be ditched. There are plenty of great cars amongst the standards.

I compare what you get for the money you pay when you buy the games, it is that simple. I did not exclude the free DLC.

Nice try though. Or maybe not that nice, it was a rather weak try.

So include the free DLC cars for both, fine. Question still stands, what makes GT6 better value than F6?

The value of extra cars in GT6 is somewhat diminished by the fact we've been driving those exact same models since GT3 and GT4. They're not new, fresh, or great value for our new $60.

Just because you are maybe not a car fan

Excuse me?

Yep, I'm definitely not a car fan, considering I've played GT for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

graphics fan doesnt mean the standards have to be ditched.

The standards have to be ditched. Do you not see how out of place PS2 assets will look on a PS4? The cars look awful as it is on the PS3.

Excuse me?

Yep, I'm definitely not a car fan, considering I've played GT for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

The standards have to be ditched. Do you not see how out of place PS2 assets will look on a PS4? The cars look awful as it is on the PS3.
You say you are not a car fan but to me it looks like you dont care about the cars, but about the graphics.
Read again, you are saying PS2 assets wont be in the PS4, no one else does. Since GT6 Standards dont equal to PS2 assets. They're just a B class detail cars over the A class that are the premium ones.

So include the free DLC cars for both, fine. Question still stands, what makes GT6 better value than F6?

The value of extra cars in GT6 is somewhat diminished by the fact we've been driving those exact same models since GT3 and GT4. They're not new, fresh, or great value for our new $60.

That is your opinion... Games physics improve each title, so the cars fell all a bit different. Its your choice to buy them in the game and drive them, or not. No one forces you.

For me I would never want any car removed, never. To me it would be great if GT7 had all the previous cars from all GT's combined. Certainly it wont happen though.

I think its great to see and feel the same cars through the evolution of the series, and watch them become more and more realistic.

Back