For Those Of You Who Have Forza 6 And GT6, Which Do You Like More?

You are the one that seems to not understand the words you are using, not me. Using that word already indicates that you where not even talking about everything getting equal treatment to begin with.

Your edit did nothing for that post you quoted.
Sure sure. It seems in California you have their own version of english with words meaning different things and I was not aware...

Sure sure. It seems in California you have their own version of english with words meaning different things and I was not aware...

English is English. You're just trying to skew it in a bid to make you seem correct.

Also, your argument with me on YouTube is awful, I thought a 30 year old would be much more mature than that.

:lol: What are you on about? This is what is left of whatever point you where trying to make? It's painfully obvious that you are the on that has a problem with English. It's not a problem, really, as it's likely not your native language, but you seem to be making your own definition for the words you're using.

Games are not there for being watched but for being played.

Says who?

Games are not visual shows, games are games.

Says who?

There's no need to have cars modeled to the most extreme details to include the tiniest pieces and bolts.

Says who?

Just because you are maybe not a car fan but a graphics fan doesnt mean the standards have to be ditched.

You've done this before, so I'm going to stop you now. You can drop the No True Scotsman attempts at belittling others simply for having a different opinion than you. Firstly, because if someone is a member here, chances are they already are car fans. Secondly, because driving a car is but one aspect of enjoying them. There are plenty of cars in both games that we will never see in person. Wanting to be able to see what they really look like in detail is both not unreasonable, and something PD and T10 both seemingly want as well. Graphic fidelity also helps when it comes to car customization. You know, making the car our own, or modifying it for better laps (lower suspension, wider tires, lightweight wheels, wings and spoilers, etc etc).

There are plenty of great cars amongst the standards. And no one said they would be PS2 assets. Standards mean 2nd class quality compared to premiums. Saying that there will be PS2 assets in the PS4 is like PS1 assets in the PS3 and that never happened, obviously.

There are plenty of great cars amongst the standards, yes. Shame, then, that they're Standards.

In the three years between GT5 and GT6, how many Standards were upgraded to the "Semi-Premium" level of quality? <100, truly? Not counting the ones that had some slight touch-ups done, I'm talking the RUF-level of quality.

So, it's been two years now. The vast majority of the Standard lineup still isn't up to that level, nevermind Premium, the oldest of which are already 8 years old (though are largely fine for the current-gen). If we look at time, unless PD has been sandbagging, or has started a massive outsourcing project, there just isn't a way all the PS2 assets will be upgraded to RUF-like quality.

We can't say for sure PS2 assets will show up on PS4 - none of us work for PD - but we also can't say for sure they won't.

But, in the case of the subject at hand, there are hundreds of them currently in GT6. Like it or not, some people don't find them acceptable. So while you are fine looking at the overall car list number, others take quality into account.

Deal with it.

Since GT6 Standards dont equal to PS2 assets.

Wrong.

You enjoy visual fidelity? Photomode? Geez. Why dont you simply go and see real cars instead of wanting the wrong things in a videogame? Do you even realise of how much time and effort it takes to get this kind of detail?

First, let's get this out of the way: there is nothing, I repeat, nothing wrong with wanting good graphics. Especially when it's simply a matter of wanting them to a level that is pretty standard across the board in 2015. Not PS2 assets.

Why don't you go drive the cars instead of playing a game? Do you realize how much time and effort goes into the physics side of games like GT and T10? They're not going to get as close to the real thing as the modellers can, so really, why play, right?

If you can point me to a single museum – scratch that, a single continent – that has a museum you could see all of the cars in either game in, please, go ahead. Good luck.

Players like you are responsible for "destroying" videogames of nowadays, I've said it many times and I will keep on saying it anytime I feel its necessary.

In the words of Kazunori himself:

“The objectives of Gran Turismo are very simple actually. We want people to enjoy the beauty of cars, we want people to enjoy driving, and we want people to enjoy the beauty of the environments. Those are things that have remained the same throughout the series, and it’s the same for GT6.”

Graphics graphics graphics graphics. So developers listen to the demands and make games with great graphics and poor everything else.

It's impressive that you seem to think the people working on the other aspects of the game are seemingly pulled off that duty to work on graphics.

The car x track combination in GT6 is literally unlimited now. That's what I think it matters most. True that the course creator has huge limitations but still you can create an enormous quantity of tracks that get added to the already big track list, and using the big car list you get almost unlimited fun and combos with the online lobby system that has so many options and combinations. The game has the potential to be played for so many more years without getting old.

@Johnnypenso already calculated the Forza total: 8381 hours of driving time, at 10 minutes per car/track combo. That's not even enough for a lap of some of the longer circuits in the slower cars.

So while yes, GT6 has more content that would theoretically last longer, nobody is going to be exhausting the combos in either game. They both offer far too much content to do that.

That is for the people who really like to actually play the game and do online races, and not:
-Just checking out some cars, look for the top speed, inspect the interior and graphics detail, see how it sounds, then turn off the PS3 and proceed to complain on GTPlanet because its missing some details and it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

It seems you're still allergic to reading. Perhaps bolding will help: people play games differently than you, and there's nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with wanting graphics in a 2015 game to reflect 2015, especially one aiming for realism.

...Of course, this still ignores the main issue here: you don't have both games, do you? Ignoring that the OP himself doesn't seem to – poor form – many of us in here do, and that's why we're contrasting and comparing. You jumped in with erroneous numbers and have proceeded to insult other members for nothing other than holding a contrary opinion. Neither of which will be tolerated if you choose to continue.

Some people simply don't understand the concept of an opinion. Different people have different experiences with just about everything you can think of. Your preferences are not "right", they're just YOUR preferences.

Anyway...

I had FM4 after GT5. The cars, the graphics, the customization, everything was a dream, except for the driving part. Maybe because GT physics are rooted in me since 1997.

FF, 4WD and LMP1 cars oversteering and drifting around, no matter what you did (realistic or not), didn't work for me. I probably sucked at it, but i couldn't get around it...

A little off-topic, but since i moved to PS4, i've been blown away by PCars. That is a fantastic game, really... I mean, FM6's car list is still a dream for me, i absolutly envy it, but having your ears destroyed while driving a Group 5 BMW 320 Turbo during a lightning storm is something else... it even makes up for the lack of customization and the complicated wheel/feedback/car/camera setups. I'm really happy with it until GT comes along.

Says who?

Says who?

Says who?

You've done this before, so I'm going to stop you now. You can drop the No True Scotsman attempts at belittling others simply for having a different opinion than you. Firstly, because if someone is a member here, chances are they already are car fans. Secondly, because driving a car is but one aspect of enjoying them. There are plenty of cars in both games that we will never see in person. Wanting to be able to see what they really look like in detail is both not unreasonable, and something PD and T10 both seemingly want as well. Graphic fidelity also helps when it comes to car customization. You know, making the car our own, or modifying it for better laps (lower suspension, wider tires, lightweight wheels, wings and spoilers, etc etc).

There are plenty of great cars amongst the standards, yes. Shame, then, that they're Standards.

In the three years between GT5 and GT6, how many Standards were upgraded to the "Semi-Premium" level of quality? <100, truly? Not counting the ones that had some slight touch-ups done, I'm talking the RUF-level of quality.

So, it's been two years now. The vast majority of the Standard lineup still isn't up to that level, nevermind Premium, the oldest of which are already 8 years old (though are largely fine for the current-gen). If we look at time, unless PD has been sandbagging, or has started a massive outsourcing project, there just isn't a way all the PS2 assets will be upgraded to RUF-like quality.

We can't say for sure PS2 assets will show up on PS4 - none of us work for PD - but we also can't say for sure they won't.

But, in the case of the subject at hand, there are hundreds of them currently in GT6. Like it or not, some people don't find them acceptable. So while you are fine looking at the overall car list number, others take quality into account.

Deal with it.

Wrong.

First, let's get this out of the way: there is nothing, I repeat, nothing wrong with wanting good graphics. Especially when it's simply a matter of wanting them to a level that is pretty standard across the board in 2015. Not PS2 assets.

Why don't you go drive the cars instead of playing a game? Do you realize how much time and effort goes into the physics side of games like GT and T10? They're not going to get as close to the real thing as the modellers can, so really, why play, right?

If you can point me to a single museum – scratch that, a single continent – that has a museum you could see all of the cars in either game in, please, go ahead. Good luck.

In the words of Kazunori himself:

It's impressive that you seem to think the people working on the other aspects of the game are seemingly pulled off that duty to work on graphics.

@Johnnypenso already calculated the Forza total: 8381 hours of driving time, at 10 minutes per car/track combo. That's not even enough for a lap of some of the longer circuits in the slower cars.

So while yes, GT6 has more content that would theoretically last longer, nobody is going to be exhausting the combos in either game. They both offer far too much content to do that.

It seems you're still allergic to reading. Perhaps bolding will help: people play games differently than you, and there's nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with wanting graphics in a 2015 game to reflect 2015, especially one aiming for realism.

...Of course, this still ignores the main issue here: you don't have both games, do you? Ignoring that the OP himself doesn't seem to – poor form – many of us in here do, and that's why we're contrasting and comparing. You jumped in with erroneous numbers and have proceeded to insult other members for nothing other than holding a contrary opinion. Neither of which will be tolerated if you choose to continue.

I stand on my opinion, your enormous post made no difference to me, you wasted some of your time.

as @RodolphoPNeto said, people have different opinions and preferences, I posted mine, but some people here seem to try to force me into changing mine, I wont.
I dont think I disrespected or insulted anyone, feel free to check.

Oh, and I have an idea, to prevent those "battles" with forza fans next time I'll post my opinion I'll make sure no one wants to quote me because I know those battles are stupid, they lead to nowhere and its a waste of time, and you mods seem to dislike these hot headed battles anyway. This time, as many, I was not the one that started quoting.

:lol: What are you on about? This is what is left of whatever point you where trying to make? It's painfully obvious that you are the on that has a problem with English. It's not a problem, really, as it's likely not your native language, but you seem to be making your own definition for the words you're using.
Oh okay, so now "overrated" is the same as "useless". Okay, I learned something new.
The thread was moving at a good pace until Nixxxon brought his salt.
To me the thread was rather boring and non-active until I appeared.
Then the certain forza fans started to quote me like crazy. It has became rather predictable. Sometimes I feel I'm in Forzaplanet and in the forza section, weird. Even certain mod here is a forza fan.

Last edited:
I stand on my opinion, your enormous post made no difference to me, you wasted some of your time.

Ignoring warnings from staff is unwise.

as @RodolphoPNeto said, people have different opinions and preferences, I posted mine, but some people here seem to try to force me into changing mine, I wont.

You still don't get it. Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless.

Nobody is trying to change your opinion. You're welcome to think GT6 is the greatest game in the world, the worst one, or somewhere in the middle. That's an opinion. That's acceptable.

What isn't, is tossing out insults, using informal fallacies, or straight up lying about numbers. All three of which you've done.

I dont think I disrespected or insulted anyone, feel free to check.

You have, which is why you've been told to stop. If you'd prefer, I could just make it points instead.

To me the thread was rather boring and non-active until I appeared.

If you consider it necessary to lie to drum up a discussion, this really isn't the place for you.

Then the certain forza fans started to quote me like crazy. It has became rather predictable. Sometimes I feel I'm in Forzaplanet and in the forza section, weird. Even certain mod here is a forza fan.

Is it that hard to comprehend some of us enjoy playing multiple games? As Editor In Chief, I pretty much have to, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The idea of sticking to one game only when there's never been more options available to the sim driving enthusiast is the very concept of sticking one's head in the sand.

What isn't, is tossing out insults, using informal fallacies, or straight up lying about numbers. All three of which you've done.
You have, which is why you've been told to stop. If you'd prefer, I could just make it points instead.
If you consider it necessary to lie to drum up a discussion, this really isn't the place for you.
Is it that hard to comprehend some of us enjoy playing multiple games? As Editor In Chief, I pretty much have to, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The idea of sticking to one game only when there's never been more options available to the sim driving enthusiast is the very concept of sticking one's head in the sand.
I never lied about the numbers, I asked if they were true or not, so thats the first false thing you accuse me off.
Second, where did I insult anyone? Please tell me. Tornado's definition of one of my comments as "idiotic" is insulting too or its ok since its not me who did it?
Informal fallacies? Well, again, I think you should know me already, this is my way of speaking, actually everyone in spain speaks like this.
As much as you'd like to pull the trigger, maybe there would be no need for you to handle points at me, I think I may leave this place for myself, for several reasons.

where did I insult anyone? Please tell me.
Here, I'll help.

Players like you are responsible for "destroying" videogames of nowadays, I've said it many times and I will keep on saying it anytime I feel its necessary.

Thats a really lame effort.

So you not only seem to have serious reading problems but also you counter with nonsense replies to try to make a point. I think I'm done with you sorry.

Some people simply don't understand the concept of an opinion. Different people have different experiences with just about everything you can think of. Your preferences are not "right", they're just YOUR preferences.

Anyway...

I had FM4 after GT5. The cars, the graphics, the customization, everything was a dream, except for the driving part. Maybe because GT physics are rooted in me since 1997.

FF, 4WD and LMP1 cars oversteering and drifting around, no matter what you did (realistic or not), didn't work for me. I probably sucked at it, but i couldn't get around it...

A little off-topic, but since i moved to PS4, i've been blown away by PCars. That is a fantastic game, really... I mean, FM6's car list is still a dream for me, i absolutly envy it, but having your ears destroyed while driving a Group 5 BMW 320 Turbo during a lightning storm is something else... it even makes up for the lack of customization and the complicated wheel/feedback/car/camera setups. I'm really happy with it until GT comes along.

I, literally, couldn't agree more. Since GT6 was released there have been a dozen days, maybe less, when I haven't played it. However, I got a PS4 and Project Cars a week ago and I've barely thought about GT6 since. I know there are plenty of people who don't much care for it, but if you take the time to learn it, to experience it, and to not give up the first time you lock up the wheels and slide off the track, then it is utterly fantastic.

P.S., a lot of the statements made above can be countered with a singular non-equality.

That is, DIFFERENT does not equal WRONG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tornado's definition of one of my comments as "idiotic" is insulting too or its ok since its not me who did it?

Nope. Saying you said something stupid (which you did when you said people who like Photomode should stop playing the game and take real pictures instead) and implying you are a hypocrite for saying it (which you are, frequently) isn't the same thing as saying that you are stupid. Saying someone is incapable of reading because they read words that you pretended you didn't say, as you helpfully were shown you did above, is.

Nope. Saying you said something stupid (which you did) and implying you are a hypocrite for saying it (which you are, frequently) isn't the same thing as saying that you are stupid. Saying someone is incapable of reading because they read words that you pretended you didn't say, as you helpfully were shown you did above, is.
You didnt say stupid, you said IDIOTIC
I didnt say he couldnt read, I said "he seem to have reading problems"

So now I suppose that I can't accuse you of being LIAR because it is insulting aswell.

Wow, honestly, slipztream and all other people here defending Forza, or sinply siding against nixxo, just got to 0 objectivity. Always quoting nixxon'every statements in order to lower him, trying to accuse someone (could easily find many more flaws in your speech rather than his, slipztream), etc... Nixxon you may just ignore it when they quote your opinion, when they talk harshly to you, or when they quote every single statements of yours in order to provoke you. As far as I know, anyone should be able to express what he wants there (as long as etc.. Of course). Some members are so toxic.

I love the semantic digression going on in this thread. That said, the issue is not whether or not someone can express whatever they want, but how they express it.

What needs to be said is along the lines of, 'This is my opinion....' and NOT, 'This is my opinion....and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.'

Unfortunately all of us, myself included, lean towards the latter statement rather than the former.

Wow, honestly, slipztream and all other people here defending Forza, or sinply siding against nixxo, just got to 0 objectivity. Always quoting nixxon'every statements in order to lower him, trying to accuse someone (could easily find many more flaws in your speech rather than his, slipztream), etc... Nixxon you may just ignore it when they quote your opinion, when they talk harshly to you, or when they quote every single statements of yours in order to provoke you. As far as I know, anyone should be able to express what he wants there (as long as etc.. Of course). Some members are so toxic.
And what exactly is the problem with correcting his blatantly wrong post regarding the series? Is it just because it's Forza, that it's wrong to do this? He was corrected and still refused to accept the fact. You're right, we are accusing him, because he is literally lying through his teeth and pretending that he's done no wrong, when he is in fact the one throwing around insults and being hypocritical with telling others how they should play the game. It is less about defending Forza, and more so removing any lie and purposely misrepresented information that he is using.

He is expressing his opinion, but in the process he is telling everyone they are wrong when they explain their own. He is lying, and act's like he hasn't said things that he's being accused of, and when shown, he pretends like it's ok. He is literally the very thing you are describing in your post.

There is a difference between saying, "I like GT because it has more cars and I like how it feels when driving" vs. "Games are not there for being watched but for being played. Games are not visual shows, games are games. There's no need to have cars modeled to the most extreme details to include the tiniest pieces and bolts." One is an opinion and the other is a blanket statement of fact. I don't see anyone debating anyone's opinion, just the blanket factual statements. If Nixxxon wasn't flamebaiting he would have said, "Personally I don't care about all the fine little details in cars, I'd rather have more cars with less details, than less cars and more details". Or he might have said, "Graphics are not as important to me as gameplay".

See the difference?

Was there at one time another page to this discussion? Or am I going crazy? Anyways I think there were at the beginning of this thread some really good points brought up. It's nice to hear from people who have played BOTH games, and their opinions on them. Just because someone likes one more then another in no way makes them wrong. It is however hard to listen to someone argue who's never really had experience with one of the games.

Last edited:
Forza 6 without a doubt. After spending a good amount of time with Forza and the rest of the new racing games that recently came out, I doubt very seriously that I will ever return to GT unless they pull out something spectacular for 7. Along with their ass backwards tuning/physics, GT just feels very arcade-like compared to the other titles. Car customization and tuning are a big part of it for me and in my opinion, GT fails miserably at both. So yea, Forza it is for me.

While every thread is expected to veer slightly off-topic every once in a while, nearly an entire page of posts have been deleted here, as they were so far away from the original point.

We can try this again, though the thread can easily be closed if it devolves into the same thing. It's been said a few times that the OP is starting off on the wrong foot by not even qualifying for his own question (by only owning one of the games), but those that have experience with both have weighed in, and there has been good discussion involving it.

@TS040 started things off strong. He prefers GT6, after comparing both games in a variety of ways. Note he hasn't made any broad, sweeping generalizations about those that don't share his opinion.

@Im_Lukas states he finds them pretty equal. You'll find no broad, sweeping generalizations about those that don't share his opinion.

I posted a fairly lengthy review comparing both in many ways. Some things, FM6 does better. Others, GT6. It's the longest I've really written about the two barring GTP's FM6 Review, and had we been doing front-page reviews during GT6's release, I would've considered it worthy of purchase too. That's even in spite of the fact I find it one of the weakest games in the series' history. Because an average GT is still a pretty good driving game. Do I prefer FM6? Yes. But I still prefer certain things in GT: no game is perfect. I've even avoiding commenting on many things that boil down to a newer system's increased power, because things solely tied to that have never really been that important to me (which is why GT2 and GT3 are my favourites in the series).

@NixxxoN? After exaggerating a price point to frame his argument, he suggests another member isn't a fan of cars because they don't share his opinion on graphics. He suggests those that do place some importance on graphics should maybe just photograph cars in the real world instead of playing a game, inferring these folks are "destroying" games, despite Kazunori himself stating he cares about the accurate visual representation of the cars in the game. At no point past the prices or the car count has there been a comparison, probably due to also not qualifying for the question in the OP. This is the sort of behaviour that isn't productive. Remember, it's how you say something that's important.

Wow, honestly, slipztream and all other people here defending Forza, or sinply siding against nixxo, just got to 0 objectivity.

I don't think you understand "objectivity". I suggest going back and reading my comparison post in the first page. That should help.

(could easily find many more flaws in your speech rather than his, slipztream)

If that's how you feel, point them out. That's what a discussion is all about, and it means you'd start contributing to the thread subject. Though really, it shouldn't be too hard to spell a name correctly, or use proper grammar in general.

As far as I know, anyone should be able to express what he wants there (as long as etc.. Of course). Some members are so toxic.

Indeed - it's usually the ones that belittle others for sharing a different opinion.

Now, to quote a few posts from this page that are some great examples:

Anyway...

This makes me think that perhaps the thread should evolve into a three-way comparison discussion, really. It's an idea, especially as I don't think that's really been done yet. I thought it had in either the PCARS or AC sections, but I can't find anything.

What an utterly fantastic rig there. More than a little jealous. :drool:

I love the semantic digression going on in this thread. That said, the issue is not whether or not someone can express whatever they want, but how they express it.

What needs to be said is along the lines of, 'This is my opinion....' and NOT, 'This is my opinion....and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.'

Unfortunately all of us, myself included, lean towards the latter statement rather than the former.

This an important message, for everybody. 👍

Y'know, just because it's called 'GTPlanet', it doesn't mean you can't play or prefer different racing series.

This is also important. GTPlanet covers more than GT – and we plan to continue doing so – though we still do focus on Gran Turismo itself, and have every plan of continuing to be the most comprehensive outlet for all news relating to the series. GT still accounts for the lion's share of blog articles! But for those in the community that see other games as some sort of enemy, well, that's not an attitude we share.

This makes me think that perhaps the thread should evolve into a three-way comparison discussion, really. It's an idea, especially as I don't think that's really been done yet. I thought it had in either the PCARS or AC sections, but I can't find anything.

The PCars forum had the Project Cars vs The World (FM5, Asetto Corsa, GRID, Rfactor 2, Raceroom) Thread. GT isn't mentioned in the thread title but it is mentioned in the thread for comparison. Perhaps you can start the ultimate sim comparison thread in the appropriate forum.:sly:
I'll order a truckload of these just in case:
cpa-aluminized-fire-proximity-suit.jpg

Last edited:
It's seems that one couldn't say his/her opinions
without getting attacked by everyone...

Ahh...GTP nowadays...

No, it's simply that people can't come in and spew lies and bile and pass them off as opinions. Which is how GTP has always been.

There are plenty of people who have been for and against both games in this thread, and some have even given reasons why. The only ones who catch flak are the ones that make it into some sort of personal crusade to define what other people can and can't enjoy, and are willing to lie and abuse others to do it.

So don't make it sound like it's voicing opinions that is the problem, because it's demonstrably not. The problem is the manner in which certain people present themselves.

No, it's simply that people can't come in and spew lies and bile and pass them off as opinions. Which is how GTP has always been.

There are plenty of people who have been for and against both games in this thread, and some have even given reasons why. The only ones who catch flak are the ones that make it into some sort of personal crusade to define what other people can and can't enjoy, and are willing to lie and abuse others to do it.

So don't make it sound like it's voicing opinions that is the problem, because it's demonstrably not. The problem is the manner in which certain people present themselves.
Well...i can't help but thinking that's one of the reasons why i don't go to the GT sub forums as much as before...:indiff:

FM6 all the way. I have played both and I own both, but to be honest its an unfair comparison obviously because of the hardware. As all goes, Forza 6 wins.

"Like" is an opinion so if you own both, play both, then your preference is your preference.

I like them for being good at different things. GT6 is all about seasonals, the holidays seasonals and quick match. I want to say its about VGT but its been 6 months right?

Forza 6 has a particular problem to me. Here's the tracks, here's a single player career, he's some new and interesting DLC cars every month, but you cant actaully use some of the more interesting cars in the single player campaign so you end up hotlapping these wonderfully pretty and nice driving cars by yourself on the tracks. It is a VERY sterile and ultimately depressing experience... they made such nice cars and tracks but they forget to meld them together into a game.

And monthly rivals and monthly VIP rivals? Where are they?

GT6 has strengths that transcends hardware and car catalogue.

Back