For Those Of You Who Have Forza 6 And GT6, Which Do You Like More?

The last two I suppose, but it's still a 'kinda'.
You could say that about many games.

PS4 Grand Theft Auto V looks 'Kinda' like the PS3 version too.

Well that is entirely different case since it was just remastered on the PS4, not built for it from the ground up. Secondly, the generation gap in general is getting smaller each and every time. The difference between PS2>PS3 should appear greater than PS3>PS4.

Well that is entirely different case since it was just remastered on the PS4, not built for it from the ground up. Secondly, the generation gap in general is getting smaller each and every time. The difference between PS2>PS3 should appear greater than PS3>PS4.
Ok then, Ratchet and Clank games look kinda similar. Take your pick.
I agree that the differences are getting smaller with ever new gen released though.
That's why I'm happy with my PS3 at the moment.
I'm not sure what this has to do with older gen games not lookng as good as new gen games though?
They usually ALWAYS do, even if they look 'kinda' like the older gen.

Ok then, Ratchet and Clank games look kinda similar. Take your pick.
I agree that the differences are getting smaller with ever new gen released though.
That's why I'm happy with my PS3 at the moment.
I'm not sure what this has to do with older gen games not lookng as good as new gen games though?
They usually ALWAYS do, even if they look 'kinda' like the older gen.

Because @Imari made the point that whilst GT6, at it's best, certainly looked great and better than Forza at it's worst it was a long way off. His example was a standard car on Trial Mountain, which doesn't look anything near as good as a premium car on say Suzuka.

He said it looked kinda like an HD version of GT4, that's why I posted those comparison images.

Basically the simple point being made here was that whilst GT Sport at it's best most probably will look better than Forza 6 at it's best, there is no guarantee GT Sport will always look better, that depends entirely on the assets PD include (or don't).

I imagine the definition probably stretches to include things like this:
View attachment 500980

In the face of PCars, Driveclub, and FM6/FH2, yeah, those would look pretty awful.
Whatchy saiyan' about my car? I'll have you know that a ZZW30 looks good no matter the level of detail!

(I kid, of course. If the ZZW30 had an interior in GT6, you wouldn't see me here for months at a time. :P)

I go through stages where I have GT in my life and I'm currently playing 4 and 6. However, I've not been without Forza since the first game. GT does have very interesting cars and ideas, but Forza is the essential console sim for me. I've got so much value out of the livery editor over its 11 year run.

I enjoyed both games but I got more from GT6 than from Forza 6 in terms of enjoyment and playing time.

I also think GT has the better car selection as I do not ignore those cars without interiors and there are a lot of good ones in there.

The GT6 seasonal forums is a great part of the 'community'. There's some serious discussion there every two weeks when they rotate the new events.

Forza 6 isnt so active. There's buzz when there's a new DLC like the Nascar thing and the past Lamborghini events. I wish Turn10 did more of these sorts of things.

The idea is to get people to come back to their games. Both do a pretty mediocre job but the intracacies of the seasonals is something that Turn10 will never be able to get a grasp on.

Having had and played both extensively, I'll say that Forza 6 is a better game. You have more customization options, better selection of cars (Porsche), and the game feels more realistic. I like the community better with GT however. Online is a little goofy compared to GT. With GT you just go find rooms. With Forza it's like you have to pick specific categories and then it just automatically dumps you into a room.

I don't have Forza 6 personally, but I play it at an X1 arcade in the mall.

If I were to pick... They are both really good and fun games and you can make the most out of them. GT6 has the Course Maker and less than half the planned VGT's. Forza has a wider range of car customization and special models like the Rocket 69 and Bone Shaker.

But... I'm going to have to go with Forza. I don't really see myself playing GTS when it comes out, but I will buy an X1 or a good Windows 10 PC to play hundreds of hours on Horizon 3.

I would have to say GT6 personally if I were forced to choose from either.

Forza 6 certainly has its pros, as have been listed several times already. But there's still nothing that beats the sun setting over Nurburgring, the clouds opening, and the rain pouring down. Hurtling around that track in the black of night and lashing rain with the HUD switched off in the cockpit of any of the premium cars is... just amazing.

The individuality of each car is far better modeled in Gran Turismo as well. Forza cars certainly feel "weighty" (and that' something I've always loved about that game) but the difference between each car isn't as pronounced as it is in GT. The nimble agility of a Honda NSX feels a world away from the rigid 4WD traction of a Nissan GT-R (driving each car in Gran Turismo 6). Every single car feels unique in GT6, and with such a staggering plethora of tracks to drive them on, there is only one winner for me.

To me, Forza 6 is fathoms better. I used to be a diehard GT fanboy, but 5 and 6 were such missteps for me that I don't think I'll even buy GT Sport.

To me, these are the pros and cons.

Forza 6:
Pros:
- INCREDIBLE car variety
- ALWAYS a solid 60FPS, never once seen a drop
- All cars are full detail
- Sounds are great
- Track selection is great
- Actual puddle physics in weather
- Much better graphics
- Livery editor
- Best physics of the two
- Camera and motion blur work together for a good sense of speed
- Was supported very well post-release

Cons:
- Can be a bit slidey at times
- Most cars are only the highest trim level (ie. I can get an Audi RS5 but not an A5)
- Iconic fictional tracks like Maple Valley are missing
- Can't choose AI cars manually
- Visual parts for a lot of cars are generic
- Career is a bit repetitive

GT6:
Pros:
- Low level car trims are there (or at least for JP brands)
- Fictional tracks are fun
- Time of day and weather are dynamic (boo to GT Sport for this one)
- Photomode is great
- Career, while also repetitive, is a bit more varied
- Seasonal events keep things a bit fresher
- Tessellation

Cons:
- Worst car sounds of any modern racing game
- Bad framedrops
- Standard cars
- PS2 tracks are still a plague
- Physics just feel odd
- No sense of speed
- Camera is far too static (been playing GT2 and GT4 lately and they got this right. Why regress PD?)
- Rain is just a particle effect and a global grip modifier, no puddles or decent visual effects for it
- Customisation is a lot less in-depth

As the years went by, GT got better and better as a "look at this car and take pictures of it" game while Forza progressed much more in what mattered to me - the racing experience and feel. I'd probably give GT6 a 6/10 and Forza 6 an 8.5/10.

I never purchased Gran Turismo 6 due to how much I enjoyed Forza 4, after playing Forza 4 for 160 hours I purchased Xbox One and I like Forza 6 even more. Here is a chart I made explaining the pro's and cons of both games in a comparison and included features one game has that the other may lack in the Pros. To keep it fair I won't be comparing the graphics.

Gran Turismo 6

Pros
-More Cars
-Dynamic Time of day/Weather transition (this one may not matter to some people)
-Track Editor
-Rally Racing
-Cars are slightly/moderately more photo realistic depending on the vehicle
-44 Tracks, More Than Forza 6

Cons
-Bad Sound
-Bad AI
-Bad Car Selection (About 460-470) of 1247 are Premium
-Not as many cars on track
-Lack of Car Customization/No Player made paint designs
-Less Tuning Options
-Not as many multiplayer game modes/lack of multiplayer depth
-Lackluster Damage System

Forza 6
Pros
-Better Sound
-Better Car Selection (580-620 cars all rendered the same with interiors)
-Better AI
-More Tuning Options
-More Car Customization/player made paint designs
-More cars on the track
-More multiplayer game modes and multiplayer Leagues
-Better Damage/Crash Physics
-Forza Vista (Having this may not matter to some people)
-Better Sense of Speed

Cons
-No Track Editor
-No Dynamic time of day/weather transition
-No Rally racing
-28 Tracks, GT6 Has More

Gran Turismo 6 cons really bothered me which is why I never purchased it. I really hope Gran Turismo 7 can improve upon these major flaws. I never played the full game of Gran Turismo 6, only the demo so some of my points might be wrong like car customization and tuning options but I think standard cars have less tuning options available. I am also not 100% sure about the multiplayer in Gran Turismo 6.

Anyway, what game do you all prefer and why?

I still strongly prefer Forza 6 over GT6, I was in a dilemma on which game I should buy before I got Forza 6. GT6 flaws are just too great even if it does have more cars, more tracks and a track editor, that isn't enough to make up for it's painful flaws.

Back