Forced Cockpit View

• Thread starter emviti
  • 38 comments
Just one quick question... if so many of those who posted on this thread whould rather not race in cockpit view, why are we all whining about there being not enough premium cars?
All? I wasn't and a good few others on here aren't, probably because they know the main bulk of work is now going into GT6. Most if not all new (to the game) cars were/are premium and with that in mind maybe people just wanted new cars.
Every manufacturer has newer (than in the game) cars, like the Peugeot 208, Renaukt Clio and Ford Fiesta, maybe the hot versions of those will be in GT6....

Forced anything is not a good idea really!

EDIT: I re-read through the thread and i don't appear to see anyone in any post complaining about the lack of new cars. :lol:

Last edited:
Like others have said, unless it's premium and gives you a good FOV, not worth it. And with the looking left and right, if you look too far in either direction, there is a loss in throttle. It's kinda stupid really. And it's not because I move my analog stick too far from full throttle either, it's the same while using X as my throttle.

Not forced. Cockpit view in GT5 does not allow for you to turn your head or even move your eyeballs sideways for a peak at the side mirrors. Until that is perfected, cockpit view will remain artificial.

Uh, haven't you changed the options yet to change Right Stick R/L to camera right/left? you can look around the cockpit

Uh, haven't you changed the options yet to change Right Stick R/L to camera right/left? you can look around the cockpit

Oh really now?!?! Must try this. I don't really like tthe cockpitview as it is because when I use it I actually do worse, but I would enjoy looking around the interior of the car whilst in practice mode or doing 200+ on the test track.

They force SRF despite the unrealisticness of that, so no, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I also do not favor such a change, since I usually use bumper cam and consider dash cam redundant (I have a G27 setup).

With GT5's terrible FOV, no way in hell would I participate. I do enjoy cruising in some cars with cockpit view, but for racing, no way.

When it’s raining or snowing, it obstructs your view in cockpit mode (that’s what the windshield wipers are for!), but not in the other views. I think that the reduced visibility is a distinct part of the challenge of driving in interesting weather, and switching to an outside-the-car viewpoint takes away that challenge, akin to using a driving aid.

(And takes a lot of the fun out of flying down the Mulsanne Straight, at night, in heavy rain, near-zero traction, surrounded by clouds of spray that hide the exact locations of nearby cars, watching desperately through the rain-spattered windshield so you don’t miss the chicane distance signs (your only landmarks in this rainy mess), and clinging to the steering wheel for dear life! :scared:)

So, in an online race, it could be considered a point of fairness that everyone uses cockpit view (or no one does) when it’s raining/snowing. Perhaps that’s part of the point OP was making? Some option there to force cockpit view? (Or, some way to reduce visibility in all camera modes, for those who don’t like cockpit view in general.)

(I skimmed over the thread, and I don’t think anyone brought this up. So I will!)

However, as a general thing, I don’t like the idea of forcing one person’s personal preference on others. I prefer cockpit view, myself, and I wouldn’t want to be forced to use, say, chase view, just because the room host swears by it. That should work the other way around too.

I've got my own steering wheel, so looking at a second one on screen doesn't make it more realistic for me. I do like the cockpit view, but i play just as well with the old GT view. (Pre cockipt style)

Now what would be nice is if we had the option of making it disappear.

Not forced. Cockpit view in GT5 does not allow for you to turn your head or even move your eyeballs sideways for a peak at the side mirrors. Until that is perfected, cockpit view will remain artificial.

Umm i dunno where you got this from but you CAN move your head. Try changing your controls because when i move the R3 button while in cockpit, I can turn my head

Back