Forcednduckshn's Lounge - Clean Spec Racing

United States
Connecticut
Forcednduckshn
Hi Guys,

At the suggestion of the immaculately concieved Son of Stig, I have created a seperate thread to give details and provide general discussion on the open race lobby that I host (nearly daily) as another option for GT Academy drivers. If you are looking for some tight, clean (no punting in the first corner), FAST spec racing with some great drivers and cool people, you've come to the right place. Bring a laid back fun attitude and your A+ driving game!

All are welcome and I look forward to having you!

Here is a link to my original thread in the online racing section:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145384

The description inside pretty much says it all:
Just wanted to let you clean, fast racers that like spec racing know that I host lobbies at least 3-4 times a week. My lobby is called "CLEAN SPEC RACING" in all caps. Race are run typically in the 7:30 PM- 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time range (East Coast United States.) High Quality Races on a good host connection. I run "spec" races, in the sense that I only use the "included" cars in the game so that everyone has a 100% equal playing field (no tuned cars), making it solely a driver's battle. I run everything from a CRZ on comfort hard tires to a NASCAR on Racing Super Softs and everything in between (big fan of the JGTC500 cars), with a new track (everything from Autumn Ring Mini to Nurburgring) every other race with 10 minute qualifying sessions before hand. If you are a CLEAN, FAST racer that wants pure spec races in a constantly changing environment of cars and tracks and great racecraft battles, you won't find a better lobby to do it in. If anyone is being a jerk, they will be booted immediately. Bring a laid back fun attitude and your A+ driving game!

The regulations that I always run in my lobbies are:
Specified Car (or in some cases 2 cars of equal performance)
Specified Tire
Grip Reduction Off Line - Real
Skid Recovery Force - NO
NO DRIVER AIDS/ASM/STEERING - (except for ABS)
FALSE START CHECK
Mechanical Damage - Low
PENALTY - Weak or Strong Depending on Situation, NEVER OFF
BOOST OFF
GRID ORDER - FASTEST FIRST

MY PSN ID is: Forcednduckshn

I am located in Northeast United States.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I am interested in participating. I am new to the forums and using a steering wheel. I did however manage to get into round 2 of the GTA. Been browsing the forums for a few weeks now at all the online races and such, most of them were full. I usually on every night running with a few friends online and looking to race with more then 3 people. I am sure it gets interesting lol. psn xxiceman2403xx

Why you gotta get on here and promote your lounge like its the lounge to end all lounges. j/k :ouch:. Anyways i'm in the same boat with the girlfriend tonight. Maybe i'll get the ok to play tonight at least until teen mom comes on. You gotta do what you gotta do.

👍
Why you gotta get on here and promote your lounge like its the lounge to end all lounges. j/k :ouch:. Anyways i'm in the same boat with the girlfriend tonight. Maybe i'll get the ok to play tonight at least until teen mom comes on. You gotta do what you gotta do.

hahaha!!!! It IS the lounge to end all lounges!!! lol!!!!! j/k

Sounds good man, have fun with the wifey

More the merrier fellas :) 👍

No worries on the mic... I only talk before qualifying and the race, chatting with the other folks with mics and giving details/offering votes/discussion on car and track combinations. In qualy and race, I turn my mic off, as I find it harder to concentrate. Most other folks go silent as well - need all the brain power dedicated to battling :)

Gentlemen, will be hosting the lobby tonight around 9pm, +/- 30 minutes. If you see the orange coin above the teacup, hop on in :)

Cheers,

Nick

tumblr_lcoc11ZpXQ1qaa36lo1_500.jpg

^^^ lol....

Fantastic racing again last night, and nice to see some new names mixing it up 👍

I have to say- we're lucky some of the canadian guys aren't in the Academy, it would only make our lives that much harder! Htrio = FAST. Lundgren, Choate, Joey, Stig, Egghead, Ghoast, T/A, some great races wheel to wheel.

An epic run at the nurburgring to end it! Hope I provided sufficient live commentary :crazy: And good times in the post race "chat" Thanks to all!

I will definitely be hosting on Friday, tonight may be hit or miss but will send msg's if I'm on.

Cheers,

yea dude, prolly some of the best racing i have seen on GT5. im just glad that we have so much fun, and everyone gets along great!!! its not everyday you get some of the fastest MOFOs on earth in one lobby, and everyone keeps their cool. it will be fun to hang out with you guys in orlando!!!

O and Htrio=fast, and yea the live commentary was great, we need some of that all night, now wheres bob V?

Couple questions;

Is the green area at Monza ok to cut? I saw it happen a couple times in the qual. (Is the "green" area "the track"? It is paved I guess.)

Same question for the pinch in the City track we ran. It seems at least one tire will always be on a rumblestrip even when it's cut, but I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure about proper lines when cars are side by side. I was trying to "make room" anytime I wen into a corner with a car next to me. (Any part of another car beside me) If I couldn't "close the door" before a turn, I just took a more open, and slower, line. However I noticed that some cars would try to clip the apex of a turn even when the front half of my car was between them and the apex. I know IRL this is situation dependent and often ends up being a game of side-by-side "chicken".

I'm guessing it was someone new, but while going down one of the long straights at Monza, I was about half a car behind another. I was on the right and we were both heading for one of the tight left-handers. While still going straight, the car to my left came to the right (to set up for the turn) and gave me a gentle bump. I thought the driver didn't know I was there until the bump, but then he cam back three more times BAM! BAM!....CRASH.... 4-5 car pile up.

Was I supposed to move because half his car was ahead?

Just to be clear, I'm not mad at anyone. I just want to be sure I'm not screwing things up for others.

Couple questions;

Is the green area at Monza ok to cut? I saw it happen a couple times in the qual. (Is the "green" area "the track"? It is paved I guess.)

Same question for the pinch in the City track we ran. It seems at least one tire will always be on a rumblestrip even when it's cut, but I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure about proper lines when cars are side by side. I was trying to "make room" anytime I wen into a corner with a car next to me. (Any part of another car beside me) If I couldn't "close the door" before a turn, I just took a more open, and slower, line. However I noticed that some cars would try to clip the apex of a turn even when the front half of my car was between them and the apex. I know IRL this is situation dependent and often ends up being a game of side-by-side "chicken".

I'm guessing it was someone new, but while going down one of the long straights at Monza, I was about half a car behind another. I was on the right and we were both heading for one of the tight left-handers. While still going straight, the car to my left came to the right (to set up for the turn) and gave me a gentle bump. I thought the driver didn't know I was there until the bump, but then he cam back three more times BAM! BAM!....CRASH.... 4-5 car pile up.

Was I supposed to move because half his car was ahead?

Just to be clear, I'm not mad at anyone. I just want to be sure I'm not screwing things up for others.

As a rule of thumb, if someone is more than 50% next to you, door or greater, you have the responsibility to hold your line through a corner. This means, if you are on the outside, stay outside and provide an inside lane for the fellow inside of you. Same goes if you are on the inside. The grey area is when someone just tucks a wheel. You have a right to stay on your ideal line and hit the apex without giving them room at that point. It's their responsibility to back off.

I always try to make no contact at all and will go to great lengths to do so. Still, contact is always going to happen. I always get light bumps, and give light bumps unintentionally when battling. That's fine, it comes with the territory. The key is to always keep your cool and use good judgement when entering a braking duel. As long as you aren't shoving people out of the way and/or punting people, you'll be fine.

Hope this helps 👍

I know I put more than 2 wheels in the green portions at Monza during the qualifying sessions when I messed up the entry. I would then go slow in another section of the track to nullify the advantage.

Because of the super draft that is present in the game I will be pretty patient when trying to pass someone (except stig) or if I am being overtaken. If the are sticking more than a fender on the inside I usually just give em the spot, brake early then get a better exit allowing me to retake my position at the end of the straight.

Great fun at the Nordschleife Wednesday night 👍

Racing there is often a total disaster as it's so narrow and fast, but not with this group! Sure, we had our incidents, but overall it was nice close racing.

Here's one of the incidents:

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

I just scraped Joey's bumper as he completed his stunt driving 360; he only lost one spot (and not much speed) in his epic recovery from the spin :crazy:

Another nice one:

NrburgringNordschleife_3.jpg

CDN_BMXer's 4th gear wheel dip in the grass to full throttle sideways save, nicely done 👍

I was hoping tonight's update would have brought fast forward to the replays, but no such luck :(

HAhaha great pics Egg!!! I should have saved that replay! Was an awesome race...I'm glad I dropped out early to watch the battle at the front!!! Joey's recovery on that spin was unbelievable!

Nomination for post of the year. AWESOME!!!

Look at the tire marks on the door!!! I didn't know that stuff happened!! Sick!!!!

Haha not sure those are tire marks since it is also covering half of the back bumper of the white M3. Looks like it could have been the 3D damage model failing to show up but i have no idea :boggled: Most of those bugs should hopefully be gone now that we got the update

Anyway nice save Joey hahaha 👍

BTW, Forced you planning on hosting some Spec tonight?

Back