Forcednduckshn's Lounge - Clean Spec Racing

FMSC <---- Clicky. :D

Just getting set up with a new system; did some online races yeterday with my old PS3 and it was great to have some good battles after having not touched GT5/PS3 since March. I got up to speed pretty quickly and won a few tight races though! :)

I'm definitely in for the Flyin Miata cup for next season, or whenever I am eligible to race. Do I need fill out a form to register for the series? Great to see you have a sponsor with FM! Thanks for taking time out to organize this; it really adds a legitimate feel to the competition and I'm sure will be a great to challenge to win and compete in!

Question: I have been borrowing my roomates PS3 for the past year. I am setting up a new one in the next few days. How do I convert my saved game file to the new PS3? Is it just a USB thumb drive deal where I copy the save data from the old and load it on to the new? Anything I should be aware of?

My thanks in advance, looking forward to some good online racing again!

Nick

Just getting set up with a new system; did some online races yeterday with my old PS3 and it was great to have some good battles after having not touched GT5/PS3 since March. I got up to speed pretty quickly and won a few tight races though! :)

I'm definitely in for the Flyin Miata cup for next season, or whenever I am eligible to race. Do I need fill out a form to register for the series? Great to see you have a sponsor with FM! Thanks for taking time out to organize this; it really adds a legitimate feel to the competition and I'm sure will be a great to challenge to win and compete in!

Question: I have been borrowing my roomates PS3 for the past year. I am setting up a new one in the next few days. How do I convert my saved game file to the new PS3? Is it just a USB thumb drive deal where I copy the save data from the old and load it on to the new? Anything I should be aware of?

My thanks in advance, looking forward to some good online racing again!

Nick

Join the FMSC website and head into the forums man we're talking alot about next season which should be starting up in a few weeks. In the meantime, take a look at the Lotus Elise RM championship. Alot of the same guys from FMSC and some familiar names from the GT academy days ;) Ignore the practice race results, though ;) I pitted twice like an idiot :P

As far as transferring your save is concerned, you'll have to use the same PSN and just use the usb thingie :)

Join the FMSC website and head into the forums man we're talking alot about next season which should be starting up in a few weeks. In the meantime, take a look at the Lotus Elise RM championship. Alot of the same guys from FMSC and some familiar names from the GT academy days ;) Ignore the practice race results, though ;) I pitted twice like an idiot :P

As far as transferring your save is concerned, you'll have to use the same PSN and just use the usb thingie :)

Thanks Stig, got my new PS3 last night and had some great battles with GatorDaryl and GTP_PotatoChip last night in a spec racing lobby hosted by Gator. Good times!

I'll be logging in to the forums today...

Also, FYI to all, I will be on GT5 with more regularity now. Expect messages to all friends noting that the Spec Lobby is open. Will be mostly any time after 7PM Eastern Time at random days through the week. The focus will be running very uncommon tracks and configurations. Hope to see everyone on!

Nick

Do I need fill out a form to register for the series? Great to see you have a sponsor with FM! Thanks for taking time out to organize this; it really adds a legitimate feel to the competition and I'm sure will be a great to challenge to win and compete in!

No forms right now. In the past I just had everyone sign up in the GTPlanet thread, but will be trying something different this time around. So many things going through my head that I want to change, but we should be able to get the Season 3 stuff up and running in a few weeks. 👍

Hey duck, was having some fun in your lobby last night. That is until my Internet had a hiccup. :(
Hope to try it again soon.
BTW, just saw that you're in CT.
I'm down here on the shore. ;)
TTYL

Hey duck, was having some fun in your lobby last night. That is until my Internet had a hiccup. :(
Hope to try it again soon.
BTW, just saw that you're in CT.
I'm down here on the shore. ;)
TTYL

Seems everyone was having connection issues last night :/ I've never had problems and I got disconnected completely from psn 3 times :(

Nick, you know I'll be there :)

SohnVonStig
Seems everyone was having connection issues last night :/ I've never had problems and I got disconnected completely from psn 3 times :(

Nick, you know I'll be there :)

It wasn't the PSN, was my Interenet.
Everything crashed for a few seconds.
:grumpy:

SPEC LOBBY WILL BE OPEN TONIGHT

Time: To be determined, for a 2 hour window sometime between 5:30PM EDT and 10:30PM EDT.

Will be for a 2 hour period. I'll update the time today. Will be running recomended cars only tonight on a mix of common/uncommon tracks. Expect a 3-4 lap quali session before each race and 5 lap races on most tracks. Looking forward to some great racing. Those of you joining, please be sure to pick up the other "spec cars" listed in this thread so that we can move beyond the recomended garage cars in the coming weeks. If you also have suggestions for cars, please list them. Note that when we run cars from our garage, absolutely no tuning or adjustments are allowed to any settings, default settings only minus the usual carwash and oil change. This is a 100% spec focused race lobby, prioritizing driver skill, adaptibility and racecraft and removing the tuning variable. This will be on the honor system, though if a person is suspected of cheating there car will be inspected.

Remember, clean racing is a major focus. If you bump someone off line to pass more than the slightest bit of accidental contact, give them the spot back. I'll be a nazi over this, race clean. If you get more than a couple of warnings you will be booted. Treat the race like "real life" and you will enjoy a great challenge, battle and fun!

See you there!

Thanks,

Nick

Latest Posts

Back