Ford Adds Shhh to the 2018 Mustang

Society has become way to sensitive to just about everything.
Now we're hushing V8s so neighbors won't get annoyed.
I could understand running open headers down main street being a bit much, but hearing a throaty V8 will always put a smile on this face.
Reason #147 not to buy a mustang.

I took the baffles off my boss on day one. It's not overly loud until you really put your foot down. A guy that lives down the street from me has a GT350, and it's the same way. This dude must live next to some real touchy folks to call the cops.

I took the baffles off my boss on day one. It's not overly loud until you really put your foot down. A guy that lives down the street from me has a GT350, and it's the same way. This dude must live next to some real touchy folks to call the cops.

It's the Detroit suburbs and since most engineers live in either Troy, Rochester, Birmingham, or Bloomfield Hills, I can assure you those people are touchy.

XXI
I could understand running open headers down main street being a bit much, but hearing a throaty V8 will always put a smile on this face.
It's not an automatic setting. It's a Manual setting you can mess with at any point.
Also nice Group B Mustang profile pic :P

The article mentions teenagers wanting to turn up the noise. I think it might work the other way around, parents wanting to be woken up when their teenager gets home so that they can disapprove of broken curfews. I remember having friends sneak up to my place to pick me up in the middle of the night with lights off.

I don't like cars that don't make sound because you no idea if a car is coming unless you see it first.
Reason #1 to Jwalk... at least 500ft from an intersection.
XXI
I know what planes, trains and automobiles sound like. Can you tell the differences in my gun calibres?
That was very thoughtful of that young man ;)

Freaking...quiet mode on a mustang. Does not compute.

I liked it's looks, but this stupid gimmick wil make loyal old fans of the car turn back. SINCE WHEN, AN AMERICAN MUSCLE, HAS BEEN MADE TO HAVE A QUIET MODE? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

I guess if you want loud you'll have to just settle for a Harley. They always turn a blind eye for those behemoths.

Well, that got dark.

b4e.jpg

====

Also, the car can be made loud with just a flip of a setting in the system menus. It's not like Ford nerfed the exhaust.

Ford are being more considerate but Roaring V8's been around for ages why people getting upset now lol. When teenages ride their illegal dirt bikes up and down my street that's annoying. If I hear that GT V8 that's music to my ears

There's way louder noises i hear when a Harley Davidson or a commercial plane landing nearby than a Mustang driving along the road. Maybe i'm just too used to those noises tho but i dunno why people find it annoying.

Someone with a turbo-charged and loud exhaust car however makes sense.

Or, the neighbors could grow up and not harass their neighbors for having different tastes than them. You aren't harmed by a little noise for a few seconds. If somebody is working on their car at 5am and constantly revving the engine over and over then maybe you have something to complain about. Just idling a car for a minute, backing up to turn around and then driving away is perfectly acceptable even if it's a little loud.

I can't imagine the police would actually cite somebody for something like that unless the car had no muffler or some other problem.

Or, the neighbors could grow up and not harass their neighbors for having different tastes than them. You aren't harmed by a little noise for a few seconds. If somebody is working on their car at 5am and constantly revving the engine over and over then maybe you have something to complain about. Just idling a car for a minute, backing up to turn around and then driving away is perfectly acceptable even if it's a little loud.

I can't imagine the police would actually cite somebody for something like that unless the car had no muffler or some other problem.
Some places have noise ordinances, like where I live there is a 24/7 one, but they only enforce it if they get a complaint. It is annoying that people waste resources like the police on such trivial things, especially when the appropiate (and non-cowardly) way to deal with this is go to your neighbor and ask them kindly to try to keep it down. Calling the cops like that is like kids who run to Mommy/Daddy every time some other kid does something they don't like instead of just working it out for themselves.

Last edited:
Mustangs with loud exhausts are about as cliche as cliche gets, and isn't that why people buy Mustangs? Pointless option as it won't be utilized.

Typical Ford junk, now in silent mode! LMAO.

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back