Here Are Your 2018 Gran Turismo Award Winners

So let me get this straight, the first licensed Ford Maverick in a racing title, and it's some ugly grey thing that looks like what'd happen if a brand new Shelby G.T.350R had it's ways with a poor '71 Maverick GT? Seriously, who in their right mind thinks this is a good looking car? Once they've done all of these ill-fitting mods, it's absolutely removed every single element of purity out of this car.

As much as I can say, "Yes, this car had alot of blood, sweat and tears put into it", it does not retract from the fact that, yes, this will be the first time a licensed Ford Maverick will be introduced in a videogame, via a silly modified variant with infinite horsepower, oversized wheels, and some bodykit that looks straight out of a modern Need For Speed title.

Y'know, I loved BuWicked. That thing was sweet as hell, and was a unique ride that kept the charm of the original car it was based off of. I usually am against those kinda builds, especially on rare cars such as the '62 Buick Special the builders decided to modify, but MAN that car was just charming as hell, with that green on green paintjob.

But the cars that have followed it have ranged from unoriginal to downright shameful...and PFFT, WHELP, HERE'S TO ANOTHER JOKE ON FOUR WHEELS! It's a good thing it's my choice not to purchase this car in-game, but it's a downright shame that this car will not be represented in it's original form.

And don't, and I repeat, DON'T get me started on the other cars featured here.

Sorry if I offended any of ya, but that's just my two cents about this whole thing.

Nope, none of these 5 look astounding. The least-bad thing is the japanese import Datsun, without that hung front splitter (especially the hangers) it would look much much better (my personal opinion).

As for the winner, I think it won because of those 1200 hp, nothing else. Didn't saw other competitors, therefore cannot say if there were better choices, but I guess, there were ones better than these.

yay 1200hp with GTS‘ tire model will be so much fun...

I honestly think that the tuning scene in gerneal went down a lot in the past ~10 years, all of these show cars are somewhat interchangeable. 3/5 cars that one these prizes even have the same chassis :dunce:

Everybody claims to hate early 2000‘s ricers but tbh they all had their own and unique approach towards mods and not just widebody here, airride there...

That camaro is a pimp car. :lol:

I honestly think that the tuning scene in gerneal went down a lot in the past ~10 years, all of these show cars are somewhat interchangeable. 3/5 cars that one these prizes even have the same chassis :dunce:

My hottake is that the tuning craze from the 2000s happened because of The Fast and Furious and as soon as those movies abandoned the ricer/tuning aspect the tuning scene in real life took a nosedive,that effect was also felt in games,Need for Speed abandoned the heavy ricer content after NFS Carbon(which was around the time the 2000s tuning craze ended)

I'm hoping that even though that BMW 3-series didn't win, it could still appear in a future GT game - or at least another design that's been made with assistance with Khyzyl Saleem, as I like a lot of his designs. IIRC he's worked on some Need for Speed games, too.

This is what should have won.

Attachments

• 2018-SH_10000RPM-1970-Trans-Am-SEMA_Trevor-Ryan-001_.jpg
    2018-SH_10000RPM-1970-Trans-Am-SEMA_Trevor-Ryan-001_.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 53
So let me get this straight, the first licensed Ford Maverick in a racing title, and it's some ugly grey thing that looks like what'd happen if a brand new Shelby G.T.350R had it's ways with a poor '71 Maverick GT? Seriously, who in their right mind thinks this is a good looking car? Once they've done all of these ill-fitting mods, it's absolutely removed every single element of purity out of this car.

As much as I can say, "Yes, this car had alot of blood, sweat and tears put into it", it does not retract from the fact that, yes, this will be the first time a licensed Ford Maverick will be introduced in a videogame, via a silly modified variant with infinite horsepower, oversized wheels, and some bodykit that looks straight out of a modern Need For Speed title.

Y'know, I loved BuWicked. That thing was sweet as hell, and was a unique ride that kept the charm of the original car it was based off of. I usually am against those kinda builds, especially on rare cars such as the '62 Buick Special the builders decided to modify, but MAN that car was just charming as hell, with that green on green paintjob.

But the cars that have followed it have ranged from unoriginal to downright shameful...and PFFT, WHELP, HERE'S TO ANOTHER JOKE ON FOUR WHEELS! It's a good thing it's my choice not to purchase this car in-game, but it's a downright shame that this car will not be represented in it's original form.

And don't, and I repeat, DON'T get me started on the other cars featured here.

Sorry if I offended any of ya, but that's just my two cents about this whole thing.
Amen?! Im with you on same points there. Why must only ugly and overpowered cars win...
I rather see a stock Maverick in the series...

They all look like Hot Wheels toy cars. I'd like to think GTS is more mature than that and leave those sort of cars to the FH fans but now I can't.
You like to think a video game is more "mature" than one other game? what does that even mean?.

I agree. I liked the earlier winners a lot (my favourite being the 2006 winner the Art Morrison Corvette) but after the 2008 winner the vehicles haven't captivated me as much. I wish they would 'premiumise' the first two winners as well...

At least we have Pebble Beach though, and those cars are pretty neat.

Not a lot of happy punters here. But I think that custom Ford Maverick looks cool. Look forward to it one day. Definitely my favourite here.

I also thought that BMW was particularly unworthy considering they cobbled it together in a week, whilst others are years of blood love and sweat. Plus nothing stood out on the BMW anyway.

Still waiting for my Rampage Camaro that won the award back in 2014...and we already have kind of a same car winning a new prize

And no chance that it's gonna be that epic :(

The truck is cool because it's so clean. Don't get me wrong, there is some amazing work going in the custom scene, and these vehicles all reflect the passion and drive of their builders, but there were better choices. Did anyone see the black 73 Laguna? Wicked...

in order to be considered for the award, you needed to actually enter. My guess is, they didn't have a ton of entries. Based on the list I saw, there were 12 cars in the running.

...Did anyone see the black 73 Laguna? Wicked...

That's more of a reminder that eventually everyone is going to ruin the Malaise era stuff and then allow the guys at Mecum and Barrett Jackson to hike up the prices of clean examples on the auction block, so that an average person like me won't be able to have one him/herself for cheap. Then again, that's par for the course when it comes to collector cars...eventually we'll find something to sell for way more than they should be going for...we should cherish them, but not sell them for the price of a mansion.

For Razor440- yeah, I agree, but I grew up with those cars. My dad was with GM, and I had a big dealer poster of an S3 on my wall. That, and the original Grand Am with the shaker hood were my "halo" cars at the formative age of 8. And don't get me started on Wildcats...

Back