Ford and GM To Discontinue Their Subcompacts and Family Size Sedans

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 35 comments
I'm not even surprised at this news.

Soon enough, GM and Ford will be making nothing but pickup trucks and crossovers.

I'm not even surprised at this news.

Soon enough, GM and Ford will be making nothing but pickup trucks and crossovers.
Just like Dodge (Although RAM is a separate manufacturer)

I could imagine globally saloon and hatchback cars might eventually become a thing of the past and be replaced with crossovers and SUV's.

My gut feeling about Ford and GM's modern subcompact offerings had always been that they were a case of too little (literally), too late. That is, too late to salvage a reputation of building utter 🤬 economy cars for decades, and too small to sell very many here in the states.

I'm pretty surprised that Ford is killing the Fiesta, to be honest. The Taurus I can understand since it's primarily a NADM car and the Sonic I guess I get since it simply isn't as good as its competition, but the Fiesta is sold around the world already and it's a great car so it surprises me that it's not cost effective to make a USDM variant of an existing world car and sell it.

Well RIP to any parking spaces still somehow in existance here in LA along the streets LMAO

There's stlll the Chevy Spark. That's not going anywhere. They're so tiny that you can probably park it with motorcycles :lol:

I've been singing the "I won't buy GM, Ford or Chrysler" tune since they stopped putting manuals in midsize cars over 4 cylinders. Wellp. Looks like my next car will be a GTI or an STI... If the new ones are any good.

The American car market just stinks!

I've been singing the "I won't buy GM, Ford or Chrysler" tune since they stopped putting manuals in midsize cars over 4 cylinders. Wellp. Looks like my next car will be a GTI or an STI... If the new ones are any good.

The American car market just stinks!
My case is similar. It isn't really that I absolutely refuse to buy anything branded GM/Ford/Chrysler, they just don't make manual-transmission cars that suit my criteria. They're either FWD (and generally cheap and crappy) or too performance-oriented and impractical, basically.

Welp, goodbye then Ford! I will soon have little to no interest in what you're selling. Ugh, a world of crossovers, I will get so bored of that.

Their sedans were hardly interesting which is probably why they're going. Should of learned from Australia while they had the chance.

Umm, Nissan Versa?

What about it, it wasn't close to the top of the best selling cars. Don't see a reason to mention it other than simply existing.

Last edited:
Their sedans were hardly interesting which is probably why they're going. Should of learned from Australia while they had the chance.
Aww, but I liked the Fusion. Though yeah, the Taurus was rather dull. I had a hunch they were dropping that eventually as they did nothing with it.

Which sucks as they had plenty of time to improve it.

Aww, but I liked the Fusion. Though yeah, the Taurus was rather dull. I had a hunch they were dropping that eventually as they did nothing with it.

Which sucks as they had plenty of time to improve it.

They should have improved it years ago rather than make it more boring still and giving all the excitement to their higher end cars or luxury brands with sedans.

Back