Ford planning LeMans Return + Ford GT revival

• Thread starter Slash
  • 824 comments
hsv
Am I the only person who thinks that anything weighing over the 1.5 tonne mark is still extremely heavy?
I think 3000 lbs should be the upper weight limit for a sports car. Technologically very possible, but as has already been said, not quite cheap enough to meet demand (which isn't that great).

That said though, if that Forza weight is correct for the fully loaded car, good on Ford for not making the average bloated supercar.

The Last Ford GT for example was massive and basically dwarfed a 458 in size.
It's literally not appreciably bigger in any dimension, and it's noticeably lower with less visual mass. If you ever see one in person you'll be stunned by how small it is. And if you ever see the original you'll crap a brick because it's literally waist high.

It's literally not appreciably bigger in any dimension, and it's noticeably lower with less visual mass. If you ever see one in person you'll be stunned by how small it is. And if you ever see the original you'll crap a brick because it's literally waist high.

Yep.

ford-c-t-05.jpg

howlowisagt40.jpg

Since when has Forza been reliable source of specs? :P Probably underrated until the unveiling of the actual thing.

Reading about it a couple weeks ago and then now seeing an official video on it...man that's one hell of a season next year for them.

Production numbers announced. 200 worldwide, 100 for the US, easily justifying its $400,000 price tag.

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/ford/2017-ford-gt-production-numbers-announced/
The new 2017 Ford GT is shaping up to be one of the greatest American supercars ever created. That being said, it’s also shaping up to be a very, very rare American supercar. According to a September 22 article from Autoweek.com, one of their sources announced that only 200 examples of the Ford GT will be created in total. What’s more, 100 will be exclusively for the United States. With such low production numbers, the reported $400,000 price tag makes even more sense now.

Who will get a chance to buy a Ford GT? Autoweek reports that buyers will have to apply for the ability to purchase the car. Once selected, they will have to decide which Ford dealer will take delivery of the supercar. This process seems similar to the ones used by exotic car manufacturers of Europe, like Ferrari and Lamborghini, for their special edition models.

What do you, our readers, think of these production numbers? Should there be more? Fewer? Is the price worth it? Let us know in the comments section below.

It's also a much more expensive & highly developed car in comparison.

I don't think Ford has any intention of the GT's production extending any more than the '05-'06 GT's run, and at $400,000+ a unit, there's no way it can match those numbers, either.

For comparison's sake, the $400,000+ Aventador Coupe is just under 2,600 units after almost 5 years on the market. Adding in the Roadster + limited editions (which really help spike sales), the model is at 3,869 since 2011 & will likely end under 4,500 units (after additional orders & the 1,100 SV cars are made).

Last edited:
Bump. I got some pictures from a certain video game that I think fit this thread nicely. I love this car. I wish I was affluent enough to afford one or know someone with the means to own one that trusted me for a spin!

They will likely follow it up with a 200 production run convertible version, tends to be the trend with limited number supercars.

I kinda wish it was more of a normal supercar so it would be made and sold in numbers more like the old Ford GT.

They will likely follow it up with a 200 production run convertible version, tends to be the trend with limited number supercars.

I kinda wish it was more of a normal supercar so it would be made and sold in numbers more like the old Ford GT.
I highly doubt this will come in any way, shape, or form of convertible from Ford.

Back