Ford planning LeMans Return + Ford GT revival

• Thread starter Slash
  • 824 comments
Well this just makes the nomenclature more confusing. I was already used to thinking of the '05-'06 GT as the Mk.1, and the current car as the Mk.2.

Still not as confusing as BMW, Audi, or Cadillac's latest nomenclature systems, though. The even-numbered 2-series means it's a coupe, right? Unless it's the 2-series Active Tourer...

I wanted a V8 supercharged :( oh well hope this comes to the virtual world soon enough. Any one reckon Ford will bring this back to
Le Mans in the future? I know they are saying goodbye but you never know.

Well this just makes the nomenclature more confusing. I was already used to thinking of the '05-'06 GT as the Mk.1, and the current car as the Mk.2.

Still not as confusing as BMW, Audi, or Cadillac's latest nomenclature systems, though. The even-numbered 2-series means it's a coupe, right? Unless it's the 2-series Active Tourer...

If you include the original GT40, that went up to Mk IV. So the 05-06 GT is Mk V, the new GT is Mk VI and this track version is Mk VII :P

Screenshot_20190705-231411_Video Player.jpg

It looked pretty good to me at Goodwood today 👍

You should check out Detomaso P72, it's the best modern rendition of Ferrari P4.

https://www.motor1.com/news/358109/de-tomaso-p72-revealed/

...as did the DeTomaso. I'm glad I'm not the only one who instantly saw the 330 P4 in the front end.

While we're on the subject of GT40...

20190705_160027.jpg

Ford vs Ferrari :D

So this is meant to compete or at least be on the same level as cars like the McLaren Senna, brabham bt62, apollo IE, etc...correct?

So this is meant to compete or at least be on the same level as cars like the McLaren Senna, brabham bt62, apollo IE, etc...correct?

Cars like the Senna and Apollo are somewhat street-legal. The GT Mk II hasn't been homologated for road use. It'll be a pure track special like the BT62.

Just another rich people's toy not meant for competition.
There should be a GT1 class with all these non-hybrid racing machines so we can actually see them race, but I guess the manufacturers wouldn't be able to keep up with spare parts.

Sorry for the bump, but no actual news. But I just wanted to share this picture of the original foam model used to design the new car. You don't usually get to see stuff like this

That’s really cool! Thank you for sharing!

Back