Ford planning LeMans Return + Ford GT revival

• Thread starter Slash
  • 824 comments
DeMuro wrote a funny article about the NSX. Did you read it?

http://jalopnik.com/acura-botched-e...79489073#_ga=1.102403593.964320070.1416955196

Honda really did mess up the launch. It's probably a wonderful car, yeah, but the marketing aspect is miserable. We were bored of the car long before the production version debuted.
1 big article written just make a NSX delay joke that's been tried & done 2 years ago.

If anyone wants to read anything from someone on Jalopnik who actually has something worth reading on the car or cares to know Alonso is a fan.
http://jalopnik.com/the-interior-of-the-2016-acura-nsx-is-a-minimalist-para-1679301144
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fernando-alonso-teases-honda-likes-the-acura-nsx-91280.html

Back to GT programming.

It is. Problem: Race cars simply aren't refined enough to drive on the road, much less sell for road use. The plainness of the interior and exterior design says to me that overall the car is not finished yet. That's perfectly fine because they have plenty of time to finish it. My point is that I expect this car to be improved in various ways before launch.

DeMuro wrote a funny article about the NSX. Did you read it?

http://jalopnik.com/acura-botched-e...79489073#_ga=1.102403593.964320070.1416955196

You sure this article is not about GT6?

Looking at the GT again, i think i like it better without those panels that connects the roof and the fenders. But hey if its functional than i aint gonna complain.

Edit : lol
cobktdqe9l6tqxs42f9s.jpg

Last edited:

That article really isn't that funny... The author seems to omit some important details. Like the Honda ASCC (designed by one of Honda's American design studios), the response to the car (revealed at Detroit auto show 2007) was one of disappointment from the public, so Honda canned it and went back to the drawing board.. It takes a lot of time to start from scratch again.

I really do think the Ford GT Concept is stunning, but i'd still choose the NSX over the it, as i feel it's more refined and maybe it'll be a bit more practical too.. well, as practical as a 2 seater sports car can get.

That article really isn't that funny... The author seems to omit some important details. Like the Honda ASCC (designed by one of Honda's American design studios), the response to the car (revealed at Detroit auto show 2007) was one of disappointment from the public, so Honda canned it and went back to the drawing board.. It takes a lot of time to start from scratch again.
They started from scratch with yet another front-engined design which absolutely nobody had any interest in. They took that design so far that they were allowed to race it before they realized that nobody wanted a front-engine NSX.

Don't know why he felt the need to use a purpose built Race car to tell us how the engine in a Road car would sound like (which will be horribly wrong once we can actual footage of the car in action.).

Ah. I only now just saw that and was confused on what he was trying to do.

:rolleyes: Considering it's the same engine it should sound pretty close.

I really do think the Ford GT Concept is stunning, but i'd still choose the NSX over the it, as i feel it's more refined and maybe it'll be a bit more practical too.. well, as practical as a 2 seater sports car can get.
Not to mention, if pricing rumors are true, the NSX could be half the price...

I swear ford are responsible for the v6 in the f type? Anyway, I'm very happy about engine choice

To those going on about American v8 rumble and that, this isn't a muscle car. It's a supercar.

Even the Viper had more people around it.

As my brother so eloquently put it, "The bodies on those ladies were rude, bro." If FCA didn't have all of the best cars, they certainly had some of the most-attractive people talking about their cars.

...Although, the people at Buick were particularly nice. And the dude who was talking about the CTS-V was great. He had amazing hair. Ha ha.

FCA always uses the best talent. Lexus is a close 2nd. Lexus always has the best dressed reps hands down though.

As my brother so eloquently put it, "The bodies on those ladies were rude, bro." If FCA didn't have all of the best cars, they certainly had some of the most-attractive people talking about their cars.

...Although, the people at Buick were particularly nice. And the dude who was talking about the CTS-V was great. He had amazing hair. Ha ha.

The girl with the Alfa 4Cs was....:drool::bowdown:

Sidenote:
I have to say this though. Despite how much I've grown to like Detroit over the last two years (it is a city of awesome character and tenacity, and beauty too) the NAIAS isn't a shade on the Paris Motorshow. Paris felt like a proper event and would be fun for people without even an interest in cars. NAIAS is certainly no chopped liver (compared to things like the Dallas Auto Show, it's not even a comparison) but I missed things like this from Paris:

:rolleyes: Considering it's the same engine it should sound pretty close.

I thought at the time he was trying to show how that's what the Road car would sound like only to then be shown he was reffering the GTLM car which will be based on it. I'm not perfect so you didn't have to come at me like I'm an idiot.

I thought at the time he was trying to show how that's what the Road car would sound like only to then be shown he was reffering the GTLM car which will be based on it. I'm not perfect so you didn't have to come at me like I'm an idiot.

Oh, please, man. You know it's not like that. Lighten up.

Anyway, the race car and road car should both sound like wooshy turbo V6s. I'm not convinced that they would sound worlds different is all I'm saying.

The girl with the Alfa 4Cs was....:drool::bowdown:

Sidenote:
I have to say this though. Despite how much I've grown to like Detroit over the last two years (it is a city of awesome character and tenacity, and beauty too) the NAIAS isn't a shade on the Paris Motorshow. Paris felt like a proper event and would be fun for people without even an interest in cars. NAIAS is certainly no chopped liver (compared to things like the Dallas Auto Show, it's not even a comparison) but I missed things like this from Paris:

The Dallas Auto Show is 75-80% supplied by the local dealer market. Beyond the concepts & high dollar supercars, only the Big 3 really brings out factory cars that tour the US. Lexus? Mercedes? Bentley/Rolls/Aston? Sewell, MB Plano, Park Place all supplied vehicles. The Pagani was the highlight & even it was only there as Aston of Dallas is the sole Pagani dealer in the Mid-West. The Bugatti was a client car of PP.

It's really no comparison to most US Auto Shows. :P

The Dallas Auto Show is 75-80% supplied by the local dealer market. Beyond the concepts & high dollar supercars, only the Big 3 really brings out factory cars that tour the US. Lexus? Mercedes? Bentley/Rolls/Aston? Sewell, MB Plano, Park Place all supplied vehicles. The Pagani was the highlight & even it was only there as Aston of Dallas is the sole Pagani dealer in the Mid-West. The Bugatti was a client car of PP.

It's really no comparison to most US Auto Shows. :P

I only mention Dallas because its the only other Auto Show I've been to in the US. No disrespect intended.

I only mention Dallas because its the only other Auto Show I've been to in the US. No disrespect intended.
None taken. My post was more of why it just doesn't compare to anything; it's not heavily supported by the manufacturers. I can't honestly remember the last big name concept that came through in forever, besides maybe Ferrari who had a huge display of cars to celebrate the Enzo's release. And that was ages ago seeing the Isuzu display. :lol:
575m_maranello_ferrari.jpg

After that, it was hoping Lamborghini Dallas would bring their S7s like they did 2 years in a row & then they completely pulled out to host events at a local race track on the same weekend. Ferrari only showed 2 cars that same year with absolutely nothing else; no personal, no signs, just fencing. And then they left because Boardwalk had no reason to supply the cars. Since then, the Huayra & the Veyron have been by far, the biggest attractions. The new Raptor & Mustang GT350/R will probably be the newest cars this year.

Oh, please, man. You know it's not like that. Lighten up.

Anyway, the race car and road car should both sound like wooshy turbo V6s. I'm not convinced that they would sound worlds different is all I'm saying.

Then my mistake for misinterpreting that, just saw the rolled eyes and assumed otherwise.

Worlds apart probably not, but I'd think the GTLM car will have a lot more of that sound as there won't be as much windnoise like there is usually on a road car. Actually, I'd think it'll sound more aggressive then it does currently on the DP since the V6 will take advantage of a more optimized package that's more bespoke to it.

The Daytona car sounds (I could very wrong here) like it is breathing through inlet restrictors. The RPM's don't seem very high. Anyone have information about this? I don't know much about Daytona Prototypes. I feel like it would sound really, really good (and somewhat like an NSX) if it had another 1500-2000rpm to play with...

edit:

...The engines are choked by IMSA-spec restrictors, turn 7,500 rpm...

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1406-ford-news-buzz-june-2014/

The road car (and hopefully the LeMans car) won't have those restrictors so it should sound a little more intense towards the upper RPM range. :) I wonder if the LM car will turn 9,000 rpm?

Last edited:
Are those 3 cups of starbucks to the right of the driver ? :lol:

Well you gotta have something to keep you awake when you are putting stints at the crack of dawn.

Seriously though, I think its cooling fluid.

I swear ford are responsible for the v6 in the f type? Anyway, I'm very happy about engine choice

To those going on about American v8 rumble and that, this isn't a muscle car. It's a supercar.
I wouldn't say that a grumbling V-8 is out of place in a supercar. I have to admit that as far as sounds goes (extrapolating from race engines) I think I do actually like the old car. And miss the supercharger.

Latest Posts

Back