Ford Puts Its Performance Vehicle Lineup in a Head-To-Head Showdown

Wish they would of tested the Focus ST as I own a 2014 Ford Focus ST and wanted to see how it stacked up against the Fiesta ST and the Focus RS. With 250hp and 270tq it would of been nice to see it's numbers.

Well it's a news article not an opinion piece.

Also, there were remarks about the performance of the vehicles, how they looked around the track, and some other details.
But its barely news.

Also stats for the new '18 Mustang GT are out can be found here. That seems like the only actual newsworthy thing and it was omitted.

But its barely news.

Also stats for the new '18 Mustang GT are out can be found here. That seems like the only actual newsworthy thing and it was omitted.

I went by Ford's press release for the power number, which indicated they were anticipated.

The stats weren't omitted though, they were given just with a mild disclaimer since it isn't official.

Since this is the newest version of the GT, Ford didn’t have the official horsepower numbers. However, it estimates the 5.0-liter V8 will have around 445 horses in the stable. This is up from the 435 hp the 2017 model gets, though not quite as much as the new Bullitt.

But its barely news.
The news is that Ford has just done this. If you're looking for hard-hitting reports on the issues that matter, well, no offense to GTPNewsWire, but perhaps it isn't where you ought to be looking.

Love my Fiesta ST! Went with the '17 because U.S. Ford sucks and won't give us the new generation. :grumpy:
The new Fiesta ST definitely isn’t coming to the U.S.? It’s a real shame, but I don’t think the previous one did so well here. I have a 2015 and it’s more fun to drive than any other car I’ve personally driven. May not be the most powerful car ever, but find some nice back roads or even a dirt road somewhere and it’s just incredible in the way it handles.

I can't be the only one thinking

"Hey, where's the Edge ST?"

I don't think it's officially out yet. But, I would've like to seen what it could do because there's nothing better than answering a question no one asked than with the answer to a question no one asked.

The new Fiesta ST definitely isn’t coming to the U.S.? It’s a real shame, but I don’t think the previous one did so well here. I have a 2015 and it’s more fun to drive than any other car I’ve personally driven. May not be the most powerful car ever, but find some nice back roads or even a dirt road somewhere and it’s just incredible in the way it handles.

As of right now, we won't be getting the Fiesta ST. Presumably because Ford wants to sell more SUVs and crossovers. I could see it coming stateside eventually though since there is a market for hot hatches still.

I can't say I'm surprised by the Fiesta ST decision. Disappointed, but unsurprised. I rarely, rarely see the ST around — in fact, I don't see many Fiestas period these days. The Fit and the Yaris dominate that category.

I can't say I'm surprised by the Fiesta ST decision. Disappointed, but unsurprised. I rarely, rarely see the ST around — in fact, I don't see many Fiestas period these days. The Fit and the Yaris dominate that category.

Yeah, as they should — the old Fiesta was really outdated in the segment. But in terms of hot hatches, it has the ~200 hp market practically all to itself in the U.S., which made the choice for me obvious when it came to either overpaying for a GTI or Focus ST with space, bells and whistles and power I don’t need, or something less expensive and more reasonable. I would have loved to been able to consider something like a 208 GTI, Clio RS or Yaris GRMN but of course subcompacts are only offered on this side of the Atlantic when we’re all broke.

Same here, in fact I see more Focus RSs than I do Fiesta STs! I think in my area people prefer their AWD and dismiss the Fiesta on size alone so it's just rare to see.

Back