Ford Reveals the "Ultimate Virtual Racer": Team Fordzilla P1 Concept

There won't be a Group X anymore, there will be a Group Future with all the weird and wacky concepts that may not see the light of day for years.

You know.. this could be concerning for Vision Gran Turismo Cars. If car companies want to see their crazy car idea not just in Gran Turismo, but In other titles..

You know.. this could be concerning for Vision Gran Turismo Cars. If car companies want to see their crazy car idea not just in Gran Turismo, but In other titles..

Companies have been making crazy concept cars and have had them included in games long before the VGT program and they will continue to even if it were to stop.

Doesn't look anything like the VGT sketch so it's probably not coming to GT. Although the sketch and actual VGT could and have changed for a couple manufacturers...

i1gRjgSrhPuVBz.jpg

Maybe can we expect a Ford GT LM Hypercar from that concept.

Which is a car category I'd like to have within the coming years in Gran Turismo 7.

And may race against that Ferrari SF90 LM Hypercar specs

IMG_20200829_110048_088.jpg

Which is a car category I'd like to have within the coming years in Gran Turismo 7.

View attachment 953283

Oooh, is that one of Sean Bull's LMP designs? That guy is talented

Personaly, if there is one inherit design flaw coupe concepts cars have, it's when the wheel arch is nearly the same height of the roof, and yet, there is barely any space for the wheels themselves. This purposefully built virtual car has both boxes ticked among other things.:yuck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, is that one of Sean Bull's LMP designs? That guy is talented

Personaly, if there is one inherit design flaw coupe concepts cars have, it's when the wheel arch is nearly the same height of the roof, and yet, there is barely any space for the wheels themselves. This purposefully built virtual car has both boxes ticked among other things.:yuck:

Nope it is from italian designer Vito Posidente,
Yep Sean Bull is a "master class" designer, I love his work too.

I agree that Fordzilla P1 concept is quite "pointless" like any concept playing in the League of its own, like some "spaceship" designed VGT cars, I'd rather have a plausible racing concept car like the Toyota FT1 VGT in GT 6 and GT Sport.

But actually with an "upper" roof and rearwing linked by a fin, designed a bit closer to the 2017 Ford GT gte and with some lmp1 specs (4wd V6 hybrid) that could make a cool racer, and maybe a serious challenger against Toyota and Glickenhaus in the coming LM Hypercar category.

I WISH THAT FORD, FERRARI, PORSCHE, MERCEDES, BUGATTI, PEUGEOT, DELAGE and BENTLEY would come back in the top class of endurance races and more specifically at LE MANS

Last edited:

View attachment 953283

with an "upper" roof and rearwing linked by a fin, designed a bit closer to the 2017 Ford GT gte and with some lmp1 specs (4wd V6 hybrid) that could make a cool racer, and maybe a serious challenger against Toyota and Glickenhaus in the coming LM Hypercar category.

Eh I would hope for something more along the lines of that Ferrari concept for the Ford lmp1. I recall rc82workchop doing something along those lines that I really wanted to happen, that was really sexy.

I mean if this was in the hypercar class I'd still be floored, but it would be nice if it was a GT40 successor, ie, Le Mans overall winner

Edit: found the pic. Ugh so sexy ♥️♥️♥️

Attachments

• 10942331_850626778316439_8623717236132753844_o.jpg
    10942331_850626778316439_8623717236132753844_o.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 47
There won't be a Group X anymore, there will be a Group Future with all the weird and wacky concepts that may not see the light of day for years.
You mean cars like the Chaparral 2X
(though laser propulsion is a thing, we haven't figured out how to compact it yet)?

Back