Ford Unleashes New Bullitt Mustang for the Film's 50th Anniversary

I liked the 2003 model Ford made, but love this one. I may have to see what they’ll be asking for them.

I wasn't sold on the facelift at first, but this looks proper.

Also, can we take a moment to marvel at the fact you can buy a modern-day Mustang that makes at least 475hp from a nat-asp 5.0L engine? It's packing more ponies than the original Viper GTS. Yay progress!

Guess they must have been looking at my Gr3 Road car...

5909294536614512156_0.jpg

:D

Ford exec: "Hey guys, a movie that exhibited one of our cars is about to turn 50. Let's paint one up to match it and fit all those parts we couldn't justify for the standard model at its price, and then sell it for as much as we think we can get based solely on name recognition!"

Last edited:
Ford exec: "Hey guys, a movie that exhibited one of our cars is about to turn 50. Let's paint one up to match and fit it all those parts we couldn't justify for the standard model at its price, and then sell it for as much as we think we can get based solely on name recognition!"
And they'll make plenty of money off it as well, because nostalgia sells and there are still plenty of naive collectors thinking these will be future classics in 20 years, just like every other "limited edition" car that's no different from the typical showroom model except for paint color and trim options.

And they'll make plenty of money off it as well, because nostalgia sells and there are still plenty of naive collectors thinking these will be future classics in 20 years, just like every other "limited edition" car that's no different from the typical showroom model except for paint color and trim options.

Well, if we're boiling it down like that, how many supercars have come out basically doing the same thing, being fuel for collectors to speculate and being indistinguishable from a standard high performance model?

EDIT: I mean, it's not a one to one example, but the 911 R was basically the exact same sentiment you are describing of capitalizing on nostalgia (in this case, for manual gearboxes) with some extra stripes and trim deletions.

Last edited:
Well, if we're boiling it down like that, how many supercars have come out basically doing the same thing, being fuel for collectors to speculate and being indistinguishable from a standard high performance model?

EDIT: I mean, it's not a one to one example, but the 911 R was basically the exact same sentiment you are describing of capitalizing on nostalgia (in this case, for manual gearboxes) with some extra stripes and trim deletions.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Of course this and other examples are less costly and more common, but the motivation is the same; they don't give 🤬-all about whatever it is they're commemorating and are only interested in how much money they can take from those that do. It's business, I get it.

If they were making a modern Bullitt, they'd have to delete a/c, rear speakers, lighten it, put commemorative 390 GT badges, louver the side windows, how much for that and how many would Ford make? If every once in a while they put out a green mustang with replica AR wheels, I'm all for it.

This is cool though.

Back