Ford USA - Ranger and Bronco Return?

• Thread starter Slash
  • 560 comments
Three reasons I can think of for having it based on the Bronco: looks, removable roof, and the available manual transmission.

Last edited:
Verified at work today...full size has 230K reservations. Production was supposed to cut off at 80k. Ford is thinking twice and ramping up the factories. Also the big wings are discussing adapting the manual trans to the V6, so that is likely coming soon.

Verified at work today...full size has 230K reservations. Production was supposed to cut off at 80k. Ford is thinking twice and ramping up the factories. Also the big wings are discussing adapting the manual trans to the V6, so that is likely coming soon.
Yet again GM has shot themselves in the foot by making the Blazer a mere rebadged crossover and the reintroduction of the Hummer name simply an electric Sierra. It’s like the General is in competition with itself to see how poorly managed it can be.

Hopefully, Ford can sustain high sales numbers because it really needs a win right now with something other than the F-Series.

Hopefully, Ford can sustain high sales numbers because it really needs a win right now with something other than the F-Series.
Ford moves stupid numbers of Mustangs, and Fiestas/Focii outside of north america. They’re really not struggling. Probably the only one of the big three that can be said to be in a healthy position.

Ford moves stupid numbers of Mustangs, and Fiestas/Focii outside of north america. They’re really not struggling. Probably the only one of the big three that can be said to be in a healthy position.

Their net income last year was $47 million, a 99% decline from 2018's $3.7 billion and a huge hit from 2017's $7.7 billion. This year won't be good for most automakers and Ford is already on shaky ground to begin with. A $3.5 billion investment from Argo AI helped its Q2 earnings, but without it, it would've suffered a $1.9 billion loss, prior to that Q1's saw a $2 billion loss.

Ford needs a home run, especially after is botched the Explorer's release so badly.

What saves Ford is the F-Series by a country mile. Without it, the company would've folded long ago.

Their net income last year was $47 million, a 99% decline from 2018's $3.7 billion and a huge hit from 2017's $7.7 billion. This year won't be good for most automakers and Ford is already on shaky ground to begin with. A $3.5 billion investment from Argo AI helped its Q2 earnings, but without it, it would've suffered a $1.9 billion loss, prior to that Q1's saw a $2 billion loss.

Ford needs a home run, especially after is botched the Explorer's release so badly.

What saves Ford is the F-Series by a country mile. Without it, the company would've folded long ago.
If you ask me, half of this is because everything that are making is such piss-poor quality that people are catching on and buying elsewhere. The Sync systems are an absolute joke and the amount of EcoBoost engines we replace under warranty is sickening. I currently have 6 Escapes sitting in the parking lot awaiting short blocks. They buy back an astounding number of vehicles and sometimes for the littlest things. It's even affected me personally, my sister bought a new Fusion and is having nothing but problems with it.

I love my Fords as everyone here knows, but damn. They need to figure stuff out. I think it's starting to show in the sales numbers.

Does the Sport have a center diff?

I think most SUVs could do that if they have the ride height, big rocks have decent grip it's mostly approach angles and ride height thats tested.

Does the Sport have a center diff?

I think most SUVs could do that if they have the ride height, big rocks have decent grip it's mostly approach angles and ride height thats tested.
Most AWD "SUV's" are FWD based and only send power to the rear tires if the system senses slippage.

I normally don't like yellow paint at all. I make a few exceptions:

Competition Yellow Mica (FD RX-7)
Giallo Evros (Lamborghini)
Cyber Orange - The Bronco [I know it says orange, but it looks yellow to me]

Sport is certainly looking better the more times that I see videos on it. I am certainly not an SUV guy though.

If I had money just to toss around would be interested in 2 door regular Bronco diamond addition. Even though I know that I would not use even half of its off road capabilities.

I am in search of a new or mostly new ride that can do most things and last hopefully last 10 years. Just have not really started to narrow down my choices.

You know, I am actually starting to like the new Ford Bronco. That's even if to say you have a capable off-roader that isn't a Jeep. It has a fairly bold personality. While I don't consider myself any real off-road truck fan or off-road truck enthusiast, I do think this Bronco is more than capable.

I was expecting something like this. The Wrangler is one of FCA's biggest cash cows and every Bronco sale is one less Jeep sale (to a certain extent). The most likely result in my eyes is some lost market share and some aggressive pricing on the part of FCA to retain it. I can imagine a 26k base Wrangler to fight off the Bronco.
I think they may have to do more than that. At least around here, there are plenty of off-lease Wranglers at or below the $26k price point that haven't been moving that much. Wouldn't surprise me if they started offering some absurdly generous financing to keep people's attention.

I'm curious on where the Bronco Sport is aiming for in Jeep's lineup.

I can't tell if it's going against the Renegade, the Compass or even the Cherokee.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/f...-2023-ford-bronco-raptor-in-linkedin-profile/

2023-Bronco-Raptor-LinkedIn.jpg

I normally don't like yellow paint at all. I make a few exceptions:

Competition Yellow Mica (FD RX-7)
Giallo Evros (Lamborghini)
Cyber Orange - The Bronco [I know it says orange, but it looks yellow to me]

I thought the new Yellow Supra's pretty sweet. And Speed Yellow on 911s are always awesome.

And this is why you should never be that specific about your projects on your LinkedIn.

Back