Ford's Solution to Sleeping With Selfish People: The Autonomous Bed

My issue would be that if the Bed is very comfortable, I’ll find it hard to get up. So I need them to have a built in Alarm that’s a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2020 Revving at full RPM range. :D

Maybe this will encourage Sleep Number to improve the quality of their mattresses.

Sounds like a good idea but it looks to me (from the video) that the bed is moving the both of them in the same direction which seems counter to the idea of shifting one away.
Exactly. I thought it would move one half of the matress (assuming there were two) to keep the mobile person in place...

I'm sorta freaked out by it though...what if it pulls part of the sheets or your clothes inbetween the frame and the matress?? I hope they have some sorta sensor to prevent that...if it can even happen, that is. :odd:

That’s the best and worst demonstration of tech just about ever

Exactly. I thought it would move one half of the matress (assuming there were two) to keep the mobile person in place...

I'm sorta freaked out by it though...what if it pulls part of the sheets or your clothes inbetween the frame and the matress?? I hope they have some sorta sensor to prevent that...if it can even happen, that is. :odd:

The bed didn’t look like it would sell any units any time soon. 1 just get a bigger better bed. 2 that basically looked like a cot on rollers and the sleepers were wearing sleeping bags. Sure they didn’t have to cuddle though the night but I bet they were sore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think another auto manufacturer made a "solution" 80 years ago. Basically the same concept because the bed can be split into two.
07EGO-inline1-popup.jpg
2008-9-3_1949NashGinWeb-Large.jpg
63f450b6b6a42af3db8955a29e12f0d3.jpg

When I first read "Autonomous Bed" in the headline. I thought it would be a bed that delivers you to your destination while you'll sleep. Quite disappointed that it doesn't do that. Please try harder Ford.

Yeah, that has got to be very healthy. A bed full of electronics, motors and so.

EM Field probably disturbs the sleep even more.

/Doom thinking person posting

This bed, now imagine,

You're with your girlfriend, she sleeps, you want some... pleasure.
You begin to come closer, the bed moves, your girlfriend turning back too... you try again...
And again...

So, you wake up, go to the sofa, finish night alone...

Ford, Go Further... but alone, on crutch.

PS: I'm waiting the Shelby version, with the snake addition.

Latest Posts

Back