Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
Nissan GT-R Black Mask, Nissan GT-R Prototype, Nissan GT-R Tokyo Motor Show Concept, Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray Prototype, Cizeta V16T, Lamborghini Countach (25th Anniversary and normal model), 2009 Bugatti Veyron.

Last edited:
Some Aussie Fords from GT4, the 2004 Ford FPV F6 Typhoon and 2004 Ford FPV GT

fpv-f6-typhoon-04.jpg

fpv-gt-04.jpg

Last edited:
For me the two cars that matter the most in the series are the old 70's Mitsubishi Galant GTO and the Volkswagen Bora, because I own these in real life and wish they were properly represented in the game...

This is a thread dedicated to the vehicles that have been basically thrown away or have been forgotten throughout the series. Every week I will name a forgotten car, and will let you guys comment, chat, or do whatever you want. The first vehicle I am going to name off is the Mazda 323f/lantis sedan. Highly underrated car since gt1 and is still underrated for gt6. But there are a few facts about thus car you may be Interested in.

The looks. What your probably saying right now is "how could a car manufacturer make something that looks this terrible". Yes, it probably looks ugly at first sight, but taking a closer look at it you will notice it actually isn't a bad car. Under the hood it packs a mighty 167bhp with an ff drivetrain in the mix. Performance? Well I haven't driven this car yet in gt6 but can guess that the performance is like any other ff car. It probably has a bit of understeer. Price? The car costs $19,920 in the Mazda dealership. I'm planning on buying this car this week and will update on any important information. Feel free to comment :)

Oh! The Lantis (323F)! I just love it. For whoever doesn't know it, the designer of it is the same who designed Porsche 928. And its interior is sporty and resembles some of RX7 FD's interior which was pretty good for its time.

I own one too, just with a 1.5l engine but with a K&N filter and a mild cat. I wish in GT they had introduced it with the aeroin its back and the skirts in its sides. That small bits make it almost racey. As for handling, its back suspension has passive steering characterisitcs whick make it a bit playful. The 2 liter V6 has torsen diff in RL, but in GT doesn't come with one. I suggest you drive it with it. Very nice handling for a 5-door family car and the sound of the V6 help in better mood to drive fast.

Nissan GT-R Black Mask, Nissan GT-R Prototype, Nissan GT-R Tokyo Motor Show Concept, Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray Prototype, Cizeta V16T, Lamborghini Countach (25th Anniversary and normal model), 2008 Bugatti Veyron.
I agree with the gtr black mask and the proto. As for the veyron, I don't think this car is forgotten because I see them quite a bit in the drag/cruise rooms.

I like this thread CowboyAce57. Wonderful idea!
What about the Benz Horseless Carriges from GT4? Those were interesting cars to have.
Wonder how long one of those would take to complete one lap of SSRX? At least an hour:D
SSRX is 18 miles, the carriages topped out at about 10, so closer to two hours.

I miss the '98 and '99 Mustang GT last seen in GT2. I'd rather have the '98 back more since we don't have that body style represented anymore.

1998_Ford_Mustang_GT_MkIV_.jpg

Also the Renault Espace F1

HPIM0096.jpg

I remember standing in the Sony story right after GT2 got released playing the store demo driving the Mustang. i had to wait a week to get my pay check and take her home.

Ok. After tweaking with this car for a while I think I have finally come down with a decent tune. Please bear with me for I am an amateur tuner.

PP: 500
Horsepower: 310
Weight: 882kg
F/R weight distribution: 54 : 46

Suspension

Ride height: front:87 rear:91
Spring rate: front:7.49 rear:8.27
Dampers: (compression): front:3 rear:5
Dampers: (extension): front:5 rear:4
Anti roll bars: front:3 rear:3
Camber angle: front: 0.7 rear: 1.2
Toe angle: front: -0.10 rear: -0.07
Brake balance: front: 2 rear: 3

Transmission

Top speed: 143mph
1st: 3.148
2nd: 2.125
3rd: 1.595
4th: 1.240
5th: 0.988
Final: 2.660

Drivetrain

Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 32
Braking sensitivity: 20

Power

Engine tuning: none
Computer: sports
Exhaust: none
Exhaust manifold: isometric
Catalytic converter: sports
Intake: tuning
Power limiter: 98.0%
Oil change: yes

Body

Ballast: 0
Ballast position: 0
Weight reduction: stage 3
Hood: standard
Windows: window weight reduction

I've mainly tested this car on the tighter technical tracks like ssr5. Overall I think its a fast car on these tracks. If you have any suggestions for my tune, please comment!

I think a lot of these forgotten cars are the older (1960's-1980's) Japanese cars are forgotten, like the Bluebird or something like that.

Nissan GT-R Black Mask, Nissan GT-R Prototype, Nissan GT-R Tokyo Motor Show Concept, Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray Prototype, Cizeta V16T, Lamborghini Countach (25th Anniversary and normal model), 2008 Bugatti Veyron.
How are the Countachs forgotten?
Um, why do you want a 2008 Veyron when GT6 has a 2009 Veyron? Is there some special difference or something?

I seem to be one of the only people who use a 300C. Granted, mine is pretty slidey and I can't really control it, but still...
And the '03 Honda Accord Coupe is so fun to drive.. Looks boring, can pack up to 500hp. Pretty amusing to use in free run/cop lobbies when I suddenly just launch off. It's also fun to drive when tuned normally.

I seem to be one of the only people who use a 300C. Granted, mine is pretty slidey and I can't really control it, but still...
And the '03 Honda Accord Coupe is so fun to drive.. Looks boring, can pack up to 500hp. Pretty amusing to use in free run/cop lobbies when I suddenly just launch off. It's also fun to drive when tuned normally.
I used to race one of those in some weekly pseudo shuffle races, it's quite a fun machine despite it's size

Anyway, I can think of a few.

1. 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, it was in GT2 and was planned to be in GT Concept and GT3, but PD unfortunately never went through with adding the car even though there was already a model nearly finished. Kinda sad as I liked the normal SVT Cobra. I would have liked driving it in GT6 even as a standard car so I could make a Termi-Cobra replica.
1999-mustang-svt-cobra-1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
1998-1998-mercedes-c43-am-3_600x0w.jpg

Late 90s Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
MITSUBISHIGalantVR-4-3277_2.jpg

The Alfa 155 road car from GT2 was a nice machine. We also lost the Aston Martin DB6 in the jump from GT2 to GT3, The Subaru SVX is also quite missed.

Its that time of the week again, but before I name next weeks car, let's see what my final overview is of the V8S. If you are looking for a good car for a reasonable price, the V8S is definitely for you.

This car I believe is perfect because it starts at nearly 450pp, which I use for the seasonals, and is a beast at 500pp when tuned right. And that sound, the stock sound of this car makes me so anxious to see how this car can do. But in conclusion, this is definitely a car that can handle nearly any situatuion and is a just plain fun car to drive or add to your collection.

OK, now for this weeks car. I just thought of this car yesterday, and I seen it in one of the comments yesterday, and I thought it would be a great idea. This weeks forgotten car is........

nissan_skyline_sport_coupe__blra_3___62_by_gt6_garage-d7hcf2n.png

The Nissan skyline sport coupe '62. Some of you may be asking "why a skyline". Well it's not one of the million R32,R33,R34s, but a very unique skyline. But what I don't get about this car straight off is why the heck it costs over 300k. So with that, I will let you guys comment, and, as always, any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
I never had one of those simply because i thought it wouldn't justify its cost. Might give it a go, or maybe i'll wait for your comments on this one.

What your probably saying right now is "how could a car manufacturer make something that looks this terrible".

No actually. I've always thought it looks great. And a 2 litre v6 is an epic win.

That skyline is expensive because it's extremely rare, less than 100 made I believe

Back