Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydíj 2022

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 281 comments
FB-IMG-1659279276940.jpg

Superb win for Verstappen and Red Bull... but Ferrari made it too easy yet again.

It all seemed to stem from the bizarre decision to pit LeClerc so early, in spite of the fact that the Ferraris started on Mediums. Binotto was asked why that was done and he said it was to cover off Verstappen - I don't get that... and then, to add insult to injury, they stopped LeClerc again too early and put him on the hard tyre... jeez, even if they had put him on Softs and guaranteed three-stop, it still would have been better than what they actually did.

It seems that Ferrari had three chances to totally ruin LeClerc's race and took every one of them.

Two different takes from the Ferrari drivers
Carlos - The pace was not there, so the strategy didn't matter.
Charlie - The pace was fine, but the strategy wasn't.

edit: Maybe it would be a bit different if they employed Leclerc's strategy on Carlos.

Last edited:
I cannot believe a team that is supposedly as successful as Ferrari keep fumbling so much when they are the main challengers for a championship. They are making this whole thing so easy for Red Bull and Max. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up 3rd on the constructors championship when it's all said and done.

Watching the post race show on F1 TV, it isn't exactly high quality journalism. Fittipaldi stating the obvious, telling us what we all already saw, the interviewers with the easiest of questions, afraid of hurting feelings.

The biggest issue for me is their responses when questioned. They give the appearance of "we effed up? nah its fine". i want them spitting blood and shouting heads are gonna roll. They are behaving very unitalian and its bugging me, throw some crap about in the garage, or something, look bothered!

Ferrari are getting worse with each passing race it seems. At this rate Russell will finish P2 in the driver's championship...
Which is perfectly fine by me, the lad's doing a stellar job.

I cannot believe a team that is supposedly as successful as Ferrari keep fumbling so much when they are the main challengers for a championship. They are making this whole thing so easy for Red Bull and Max. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up 3rd on the constructors championship when it's all said and done.
But they aren't that successful, not recently at least, last constructors championship 2008, last drivers championship 2007. I can totally believe this level of fumbling, they've been doing it for years.

Talk of Binotto going but Binotto isn't the problem. He's just the figurehead. The strategies were just as crap under Arrivabene. Yet the narrative tells us Domenicalli was the failure.

Last edited:
The season is over. I just hope Ferrari can win in Spa and Monza.

This F1 season the only thing Ferrari has done is gift the world championship to redbull.

Leclerc and Sainz should just target for wins or podiums. Its over.

80 point deficit cant be turned around. Unless a miracle happens. Even if verstapoen gets all dnfs in every race from now Ferrari will find ways to screw it up.

Leclercs mistakes were just minor setbacks while Ferraris strategies were the biggest setbacks for the team.

No drivers title since 2007 and no constructors title since 2008. This season was the chance they bottled it.

I wont surprised if Porsche and Audi become successful because Ferrari will gift them a title by this rate too.

But they aren't that successful, not recently at least, last constructors championship 2008, last drivers championship 2007. I can totally believe this level of fumbling, they've been doing it for years.
Ferrari has been in f1 since it began in the 1950.

They racked up 16 constructors and 15 drivers. No doubt they are the most sucessful team in history.

So many teams have come gone while Ferrari still stands. It took them 20 years to win the drivers title.

The wait continues.

In a bit of sad news, we've lost our first title contenders.
Schumacher, Tsunoda, Zhou, Stroll, Albon, Latifi and Hulkenberg can no longer win the championship 😟

Watching the post race show on F1 TV, it isn't exactly high quality journalism. Fittipaldi stating the obvious, telling us what we all already saw, the interviewers with the easiest of questions, afraid of hurting feelings.
On Viaplay Allard Kalff asked the obvious, difficult questions, but Tom Kristensen dodged them. Oh, and Binotto didn't want to talk to Viaplay. :lol:

Ferrari has been in f1 since it began in the 1950.

They racked up 16 constructors and 15 drivers. No doubt they are the most sucessful team in history.

So many teams have come gone while Ferrari still stands. It took them 20 years to win the drivers title.

The wait continues.
Indeed. Hence my in recent times comment.

Called it, max won, even tho FP sessions weren’t great and qualifying was bad, I knew that wasn’t the whole story. Sad to see Leclerc not on the podium, thought for sure he’d at least do 2nd or 3rd. But it’s all good, as Hamilton and Russell both on podium. That’s what I like to see, wasn’t expecting it, so it makes it all the more sweet

Last edited:
No doubt they are the most sucessful team in history.
Meh. Every successful team has their failures, and I feel those failures in Ferrari's case far outweigh the success. They were doing great in the 1970s, terrible in the 1980s and most of the 1990s, and it wasn't until Schumacher basically took all of Benetton's people with him that they became the dominant team people remember. Look what happened to Benetton during that period, and it's fairly evident Brawn, Byrne and all the others that followed Schumacher were the key features to a successful race team. What happened once everyone either retired or left for greener pastures? Yep, failure.

They've nailed the new regulations, built a very fast car albeit not necessarily a reliable one, but it's sheer incompetence that's their undoing this year.

They're the Toronto Maple Leafs of the F1 world.

Had two cheeky bets on Verstappen or Hamilton to win the race. 9/1 for Verstappen was good odds I'd say. Great drives from Hamilton and Verstappen. Those two definitely have the best race pace of all drivers on the grid, noone else comes close. Verstappen's overtaking has improved massively from last year too. No longer constantly divebombing and going for non existent gaps. Mercedes still a way off Ferrari/Red Bull in terms of pace, but their drivers are really doing a fantastic job. It's a shame Red Bull only focus on one of their drivers. :/

What can be said about Ferrari? It's becoming a running gag now: How will Ferrari screw up the next race? Surely they could see the Alpine's pace on Hards and cross that strategy out? Leclerc had plenty of tyre left on that Medium, and could easily win the race with Sainz' strategy.

Imo, there's a certain image that's painted when it comes to the Scuderia, and a large portion of said image was influenced by the Schumacher years in which Ferrari totally dominated. Thing is, is that a large part of that successes is not only due to Michael's abilities as a driver, but the fact that he had a large number of personnel from Benneton follow him, including one Ross Brawn and Jean Todt (who I believe is the only non-Italian Team Principal Ferrari has ever had). Now Ferrari has the unenviable task of trying to match those legendary years with relatively new blood that has almost no connection to the Schumacher personnel, or seemingly taking to heart any of the methods that got them those wonderful years of success.

It's also why I don't believe sacking Binotto would really accomplish much by itself. While he has definitely made some mistakes of his own, Ferrari has been doing the whole musical-chairs act with its top positions for over a decade now, and have pretty much nothing to show for it. The team is still making the same mistakes that cost Seb and Alonso potential championships years ago, with no real indication of any effort being put into reversing these problems. It's especially frustrating when this happens despite Ferrari's engineers building themselves a very fast (albeit stereotypically Italian) race car.

The fact that these same issues have continued and have created the same results for so long tells me that this is, in some capacity, a corporate culture issue, which means that there needs to be a shakedown all the way up the Red Totem Pole if there's any hope of significant change. If that accomplishes nothing, and if I'm Charles (and possibly also Sainz), I'm trying to make a case to Toto Wolf to take me in when Lewis retires, because even though Mercedes are way off the mark in terms of overall pace, they're still doing a solid job of taking advantage of Ferraris mistakes and turning them into Top-5s and podiums.

Edit: Corrected by @Liquid.

Last edited:
Back