Formula 1 AWS Grand Prix du Canada 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 241 comments
Let's go Max! 26th victory in Formula 1. Happy to see Hamilton back on the podium as well. Carlos was pushing very hard at the end and it was so close.

Cheeky promo for the Silverstone GP

There's a clip of Hamilton saying - "This is what we do", followed by a clip of the 2021 incident between him and Max

I think there was only one occasion during the final stint where Carlos was inside 0.55 coming up to the hairpin, and that lap he came out of it struggling for traction while Max powered out cleanly. Hell, I can't recall Max really having to whip out anything approaching a defensive manoeuvre during that spell, although I suppose Carlos should be credited with keeping it somewhat interesting up to the finish...

Pity 'Nando didn't get a good start and make good on his promise to absolutely send it, a mixture of effortless DRS overtakes and slightly baffling DRS trains (cough Albon), Mick not getting the rub of the green yet again... not the best of races, but definitely not the worst either.

Good to see Sainz get a bit of luck. Win was tantalizingly close, but Max was able to soak up that pressure.

Surprised to see both Mercs up there in 3rd and 4th. I had thought Alonso would finish in front of them.

Zhou did well. Was hoping Mick could be up there with him...

KMag noooooooooooooo! Yuki noooooooooooooo! Perez noooooooooooooo!

McLaren, c'mon! C'mon, man. C'mon...

Cheeky promo for the Silverstone GP

There's a clip of Hamilton saying - "This is what we do", followed by a clip of the 2021 incident between him and Max

Can't hit someone from several places behind. Unless you're being lapped I guess. He doesn't have the pace to fight with Redbull or Ferrari. That's not going to change in a race or two.

Good to see Sainz get a bit of luck. Win was tantalizingly close, but Max was able to soak up that pressure.

Surprised to see both Mercs up there in 3rd and 4th. I had thought Alonso would finish in front of them.

Zhou did well. Was hoping Mick could be up there with him...

KMag noooooooooooooo! Yuki noooooooooooooo! Perez noooooooooooooo!

McLaren, c'mon! C'mon, man. C'mon...

Whoever is in charge of race strategy at Alpine needs to be fired. They missed two safely car periods. On top of that he had a mysterious "straight line speed issue" engine problem I guess.

Whoever is in charge of race strategy at Alpine needs to be fired. They missed two safely car periods. On top of that he had a mysterious "straight line speed issue" engine problem I guess.
Yep, Alpine didn't capitalize. 😤

Yet another weekend where the TV direction was horrible. Endless replays and crowd shots at crucial moments, as well as nearly missing the start.
I really don't get their fascination with showing immediate replays of something we just saw live. Just wait a minute or two when there is a lull in live action.

Alonso apparently got a 5 second penalty for weaving in the past 2 hours. Unsure if posted.

Good effort by Carlos but Max is just that good this year. I think Charles is the one whose comfortable enough in that Ferrari to challenge him.

Glad to see Ham on the podium. Hoping this was a turning point for him and Mick (minus the failure). Want to see both of these guys do better.

Last edited:
Alonso up to his usual, dirty tricks.

He may still be well in the prime of his abilities, but his behaviour on track hasn't changed one bit. I still remember last year when he forced Kimi wide in the US Grand Prix and then produced some crocodile tears over the radio saying he needs to get a penalty for gaining an advantage after leaving the track.

Gutted for Haas though. Whatever happened to Magnussen? I missed that completely (the race result)

Last edited:
VSC/Safety Car spiced things up a bit. Not sure what Alpine was doing with Alonso's strategy although his engine issues certainly didn't help. Stroll getting 10th is a surprise because I don't even know how he got there.
Gutted for Haas though. Whatever happened to Magnussen? I missed that completely (the race result)
KMag had contact with Hamilton trying to make a pass that really wasn't there. Was able to keep running okay but was flagged to stop and change the wing. Pretty much race over.

KMag had contact with Hamilton trying to make a pass that really wasn't there. Was able to keep running okay but was flagged to stop and change the wing. Pretty much race over.
...yes, I knew that much. That's why I bracketed "race result"

Classic HAAS, start the season strongly and then be nowhere for the rest of the season.
It's less about Haas being nowhere and more with Magnussen screwing up and/or the car having reliability issues in one way or another.
Mick was holding off Zhou just fine actually before the engine gave up completely.

It's less about Haas being nowhere and more with Magnussen screwing up and/or the car having reliability issues in one way or another.
Mick was holding off Zhou just fine actually before the engine gave up completely.
They are nowhere now and screwing up. Bitter thruth but I already said that after the first race. They were already 1.5s off the leaders pace in Bahrain and only to the circumstances everyone else was even slower gave them a good result. Normally with 1.5s off the racepace you're not even a Top10 contender. And there we are now. They aren't any slower than before only everyone else is quicker and back to pace while Haas keeps their speed.

Back