Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 140 comments
Also your points system is interesting, with P4 scoring more than P3 ;)
Last lap jeopardy.

Edit. It seems fairly safe to say that today is a day to forget for Alpine, Gasly and AlphaTauri.

Last edited:
Upgrades seem to be working for McLaren! Went from fighting on the back and now qualifying in the top 10.

Last edited:
hopefully this kills the Sprints as teams lower down the order realise there literally isn't any point finishing the sprint after like 10 laps and being at the back so just park up
How is that different from the Sunday full race?

Sprint race is a 1/3 length race with 1/3 Points awarded. I don't see why everyone, at least here, is hating it. Anyone can just skip the Saturday. But seriously, who will? I understand the fear to see the interest diluted, but aren't "purist" more afraid of how it could change the perception of others toward F1, instead of their own?

Edit: i still think they should reverse the Sprint and Full Race qualification sessions.

Last edited:
single tire
tired.gif

Too bad there was no tirewall!

F1 is really the bottom when it comes to applying correct rules. Also Red Bull team 2 need to stop sending out cars which are far beyond repair. This isn't the first time either.

Max and GP going into full whine mode. Really makes them both incredibly unlikeable. Just get on with it, tiny little brush while side by side, hardly worthy of 9 laps of whinging.

Leclerc did an amazing job staying P2, honestly. In the race the Ferrari is realistically inferior to the Red Bull, but Leclerc is one stubborn fighter! Here's hoping for a close race tomorrow.

Leclerc did an amazing job staying P2, honestly. In the race the Ferrari is realistically inferior to the Red Bull, but Leclerc is one stubborn fighter! Here's hoping for a close race tomorrow.
That level of tire wear is a bit worrying though. Now Max wasn't doing much better, but still Leclerc seemed worse.

Edit: Oof, that's a big hole in Max' car

Last edited:
Wow Leclerc is really on a crazy one this weekend. How he kept an angry Verstappen in a faster Red Bull behind him for 17 laps.....wow. Perez showed just how good the Red Bulls are on tyre wear - IE: non existent.

Verstappens post race comments to Russell are wholly unnecessary and highlights his attitude problem is still there. Thought he'd done a bit of growing this season but evidently not. Toxic part of his fanbase has rubbed off on him.

When asked about the sprint format he felt it should be scrapped, probably easy to say when you're not winning it.

The race was decidedly dull though, but that's not so much an issue with the sprint as much an issue with these cars racing at Baku, hardly any room to go for passes like in F2 and the shorter DRS has almost killed passing down the straight. Maybe we'll find out tomorrow that everyone was holding 10-30% back today and it'll be more interesting but with the softs being useless and the mediums going off very quickly, strategy is also going to be limited.

Wait, so if they had qualifying for the sprint, was the purpose of friday qualifying? Doesn’t add up to me

Verstappen can hear himself right?
Not with Horner in his ear always confirming Max is in the right, everyone else is the issue.

No surprise. The man who has no problem charging up the inside at risk to himself & another driver doesn’t like the same tactic against him. It’s going to be interesting if he & Alonso ever get into it.

Just watched and, uh, I have a poo-eating grin every single time Max complains about someone being overly aggressive with him.

And now he's going up to George saying we have to leave each other space. Shut the 🤬 up. :lol:

EDIT: And now he's whinging about things not making sense and going for this and that in lap 1.

Hit The Woah Freaking Out GIF

Last edited:
Wait, so if they had qualifying for the sprint, was the purpose of friday qualifying? Doesn’t add up to me
Friday qualifying was for Sunday's race.

Back