Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 140 comments
Sprint being it's own thing on a Saturday is even worse than the last format.
I feel we also just have too many 'important' sessions now. 3 regular qualifying sessions, 3 sprint qualifying session, sprint, race. That's 8 in total. A bit much for 3 days. Plus qualifying on Friday is just impractical to watch when a lot of people have to be at work.

I feel we also just have too many 'important' sessions now. 3 regular qualifying sessions, 3 sprint qualifying session, sprint, race. That's 8 in total. A bit much for 3 days. Plus qualifying on Friday is just impractical to watch when a lot of people have to be at work.
I preferred when the Sprint had an affect on what happened in the GP, now there is even less incentive to take risks than before. I'd rather no sprint weekends at all but I fear these will completely take over the calendar at some point.

But since they aren’t going anywhere, this is how I’d do it.

Friday
2 practices sessions

Saturday
Full qualifying for Sprint.
Sprint (150km) Result determines grid for GP

Sunday
GP

Last edited:
this sprint is just a dumb gimmick. They could have changed Q3 to one shot for more drama or something. Even the F2 format is better.

I like watching qualifying and it builds excitement for the GP. So they punt it off to Friday when people are working and the sprint dilutes the racing and has no strategy. It’s also less content on a Saturday than what fp3 and qualifying offered.

Last edited:
Just caught up with the highlights on YouTube. I dont see anything wrong with the Max v George thing. Racing heavy powerful cars on the street, something is bound to happen as it is just so tight.

Whinge whinge whinge.

Edit to avoid a double post:

Maybe because there is more access to team radio but I don't recall there being so much massaging of egos from the pit wall to the driver. I'm thinking Lewis and Max here.

I can imagine Alonso, Schumacher, Hakkinen just getting on with the race rather than needing a reminder from the pit wall that they are the Man and everything is unfair.

Last edited:
I am seriously unimpressed with Max's comments to George literally behind his back. Completely uncalled for, and yet more dislike towards him, if that was even possible.
I was actually impressed with him going wheel-to-wheel with him as I more or less convinced Max was going to do his usual schtick, but no.

And then he complains about being squeezed the same way he's done to everyone, and then to top it off he whinges to George and has the gall to say to leave space. :lol:

And then he complains about being squeezed the same way he's done to everyone, and then to top it off he whinges to George and has the gall to say to leave space. :lol:
And threatens to do the same to him the next time* and calls him a ****head and his boss said it was "good George left his helmet on" (because clearly the two days of community service in 2019 was a strong enough message).

*Which is barely a threat to be fair; we know he will because he always does.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the race live this morning but I'm watching it now and I have just seen the Max & George incident. Max complaining about getting a dose of his own medicine is really laughable.

A story in screenshots. Max's statement on the Russell incident and then examples of how much space he considers fair.
Screenshot_20230430-123143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230430-123508_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230430-122501_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230430-122245_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230430-121819_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230430-121339_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230430-121517_YouTube.jpg

Verstappen already got very close without DRS. As soon as DRS is enabled, it'll be a breeze

Edit: Yep, very easy

Last edited:
NO NO NO NO.
Stewards, don't you do anything.
What Russell did was more dangerous.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back