Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 140 comments
Talk Talking To Myself GIF by Facepunch Studios

The FIA invited the FIA to explain the FIA's actions regarding the pit lane. In its statement, the FIA said that it regretted the situation, with the FIA requiring the FIA takes steps to ensure it doesn't happen in future - to which the FIA agreed. The FIA considers the matter closed.

]

And here I am thinking it would be like those police investigations where they investigate themselves and find no wrong doing.

The FIA invited the FIA to explain the FIA's actions regarding the pit lane. In its statement, the FIA said that it regretted the situation, with the FIA requiring the FIA takes steps to ensure it doesn't happen in future - to which the FIA agreed. The FIA considers the matter closed.

judge reinhold agree GIF

Bureaucracy at its finest.

Can someone remind me please why we have DRS? Does it actually have a function other than freely giving a driver an overtake instead of battling for it?

Last edited:
Can someone remind me please why we have DRS? Does it actually have a function other than freely giving a driver an overtake instead of battling for it?
No.

And although the rule changes from last year improved the ability to follow another car, this race in particular was tricky. Hardly any overtakes were done without DRS. Meanwhile, tracks like Monaco are pretty much impossible to overtake on, even with DRS.

Last edited:
For me the only worthwhile thing about Baku this year was that Checo was able to hold off Max and win 99% on merit. On that alone, I'm cool with how the race went.

I watched the indy car race last night, there was a lot more action, and they had 4 different winners in the first 4 races. In F1 is always one team one or two steps ahead of the others, nothing changed in the last 10 years, most of the races are boring, exception were races with rain or some safety cars.

When your racing series is the top of motorsport, but endurance series as IMSA and WEC had a lot more action like battle for positions, then you should think about it.

Watching races like Baku yesterday are a waste of time.

Not gonna happen, historic value
Well "Historic" things are removed for safety.
Monaco has little to no run off areas.

Plus other "Historic" tracks are no longer raced on.
Monza Oval+Non Chicaned track
High Speed Hockenheimring
Nordschleife

But those old tracks were no longer feasible in modern F1, just like how Monaco is no longer feasible.

We all know Monaco is a non overtaking track.
Which was solidified when Webber lost ERS and still won as no one could pass him.

Not gonna happen, historic value
It had historic value for historic races. For modern races it's just besmirching that historic value.

And it's not even for money reasons. Monaco is one of the lowest payers for their GP.
Edit: Not just one of the lowest, but the lowest entirely. They pay about a quarter of what Qatar pays

Last edited:
It had historic value for historic races. For modern races it's just besmirching that historic value.

And it's not even for money reasons. Monaco is one of the lowest payers for their GP.
Edit: Not just one of the lowest, but the lowest entirely. They pay about a quarter of what Qatar pays
However it's one of the highest payers for the teams as it's traditionally where all the big sponsor contracts for the next year are brokered, because it's the most egregiously opulent setting they have and a dinner party on a private yacht is probably just considered a standard part of the negotiation process.

Back